Has The Defense Changed Your Mind About ICA's Guilt?

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

Has the defense changed your mind about ICA's guilt?

• Yes

Votes: 43 6.0%
  • No

Votes: 408 56.6%
  • Waste. Huge waste.

Votes: 270 37.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I don't know if she was molested or not. Maybe it could explain some of the emotional oddity observed in her if she had met with some kind of severe trauma in her formative years. But IMO even if it's true that she was abused it does not really change the things that make it look like she is guilty. Mostly it does not explain why she chose to lie about Zanny and sit in jail for years suspected of murder instead of telling the truth that her daughter died in a tragic drowning accident, right away or at least by the time it was obvious for all to see that the Zanny story was bogus.

My mind has not changed about her guilt,but like a few posters here I do believe there was abuse.If not sexual abuse there was definetely a different type of abuse just as damaging to Casey.I think the defense could have raised resonable doubt by including Cindy's abuse because it is so much more obvious in the evidence.The sexual abuse may or may not have happened IMO.I agree that KC seemed to have broken today.She let everyone see the real KC for once IMO.Her head shaking and nodding was very telling.It seems even if she does not testify she wants to tell the true story,a story neither the defense nor the state will tell IMO.
I think the defense should have stayed with the dysfunctionality of the family,the abuse and the accidental drowning.To me,that would be belivable.
To throw Kronk in the mix and to have George present when it happened just made it sound ridiculous IMO.

BBM. I know we are both in the minority, here... but I felt the same way you have described. I also saw that in her when JB was talking about the abuse in the opening statement.

Here`s the video. Questions of abuse etc. after 6.20 mark.

http://www.wftv.com/video/28011223/index.html

I don`t see Casey doing anything but shake her head, look away, look a little angry. Same reactions as during prosecutions opening statements when confronted with her own lies. It`s George that is in the verge of tears during those questions.

I have NO doubt Casey killed Caylee. None. After today, I'm more convinced than ever.

If Caylee had died in the swimming pool, the child would have been respectfully and legally buried after a proper funeral. She would have never had the ride in the trunk or spent six months in the woods. Her death would have been reported to authorities and an autopsy would have proven she died by drowning.

Watching Casey's face and her continuous head shaking only convinced me she is only about Casey and had no remorse regarding Caylee, and there's no love lost. She'll sacrifice anyone to save her sorry self. Why would Casey spend three years in jail if it was an accident??? I can't see Casey put herself out for anyone. Why not just tell the truth, let them find the body sooner, and have an autopsy confirm it was an accidental drowning? No, Casey would have been screaming the truth from Day One.

Jose was all over the place. How could both George and Mr. Kronk both be involved? What Jose did to those men to benefit Casey was beyond despicable. That man should be disbarred. What kind of justice system allows such trash? If this is how our justice system works, tearing down innocent people just to get the guilty off free and clear, well, I don't think it's moral. Jose should be made to pay for what he's done to the characters and reputations of those men.

This was just so very out there....Again they have removed the truest victim Caylee and inserted the inmate....It still makes no sense whatsoever as to why she would be sitting in jail for three plus years for some "accident"---why they refused pleas or didn't even ask for one--OR WHY they didn't rethink their position on her pleas...This is a very common defense --- think Diane Downs, E. Wormack, Susan Smith, etc.....didn't work for them...It is more a distraction from what we are really trying to do...why hasn't this defense been mentioned before? Because jb wanted the show--he wanted to put it out there so others could view his acting skills....If she is that mental where are the psych docs????

One more thing....I thought it was idiotic to say the media was following this because it was "sexy"---It bothers me how that word is used....this isn't "sexy"----this was amazement over the lies....

If this were true, why haven't they had ga & la arrested??????? Why aren't they going after them??????? :banghead:

The defense has a whole lot to overcome. Remember all those tapes?

Christina: Nobody is saying anything bad about you, your family is with you 100%.
Casey: No they’re not! That’s bull***** because I just watched the f*cking news and heard everything my mom just said! Nobody in my own family is on my side!
Christina: Yes they are, nobody has said
Casey (interrupting): They just want Caylee back! That’s all they’re worried about right now, is getting Caylee back!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZTErOwr53XQ

Uh, accident? Abuse victim? Nope, not buying it. She is the ice maiden lest we forget.

Yeah, this is the timid little girl who's afraid of her big bad family. Sounds more like the family is afraid of her. Cindy calling her "Sweetheart" sets my blood to boil.

I think this cuts off when Kristina begins crying saying if anything happened to Caylee she'd just die...and Casey cuts her off with "Waste. Huge Waste", calling them was a waste of time.

GUILTY AS CHARGED

EVIL IS AS EVIL DOES

Very emphatical nod here. The death of a two year old is not "sexy" in any sense of the word.

Police "had murder on their minds. This couldn't be an accident," Baez said. "You'll find that professional police work took a backseat in this case. We were more concerned about the public than doing their jobs."

http://www.wftv.com/news/28001858/detail.html

They were trying to get her to admit an accident at Universal. They tried to find the nanny, they wanted her to tell the truth, help find her daughter but she would not.

The other thing that really irritates me about the DT"s argument--JB argues that ICA is the one who doted over Caylee, provided for her, and spoiled her.

REALLY? HOW? ICA didn't have a job!!!

She lived with her parents and stole from people to buy things. If I recall correctly ICA had her mother's credit cards in her possession when the police investigation began. Not to mention the little spree she went on with AH's checkbook. ICA was nothing more than a leach and a thief by my standards.

I always thought she was guilty. I am against the death penalty, but after hearing what I heard today from her defense, I believe she should be put to death. Pure evil in human form.

Although I am hesitant to believe anything casey says, there are some things that make more sense if she was abused. George's letter to her in jail when he writes "hello beautiful, I really need to see you. I need US" Very strange thing to say to your daughter, and also the jail visit where Cindy tells her she is forgiven for anything she may have said about them. Casey says, don't worry, I haven't said anything. These odd moments seem less bizarre when you consider the abuse scenario. I don't know if this case is ever going to make sense, it just gets weirder everyday.

Been a while since I posted but have been reading regularly and watching the trial. Anyway, when they were talking about abuse from GA and LA and Casey broke down, I got the impression and feeling that she was crying like that because she probably feels bad for for making such accusations towards them knowing it's not true. At least that's the way I took her reaction. Kinda like, "Wow. I can't believe I'm allowing them to say these things about my family." JMO

IMO, the defense went for overkill. If they had simply tried to float the idea that Caylee drown in the pool and Casey freaked out and tried to stage it to look like a kidnapping/murder, they might have had a slim chance of planting doubt in the jurors minds. Toss in all this molestation crap as a reason for Casey's lies and bizarre behaviour, and add in Kronk seizing Caylee's body for a period of time, and you've stepped into the twilight zone.

JMO

Although I am hesitant to believe anything casey says, there are some things that make more sense if she was abused. George's letter to her in jail when he writes "hello beautiful, I really need to see you. I need US" Very strange thing to say to your daughter, and also the jail visit where Cindy tells her she is forgiven for anything she may have said about them. Casey says, don't worry, I haven't said anything. These odd moments seem less bizarre when you consider the abuse scenario. I don't know if this case is ever going to make sense, it just gets weirder everyday.

I do agree with you on this. I have always wondered what she meant by saying not to worry she hasn't said anything. As far as the way George interacted with KC, I just thought he was stroking her ego cuz she was so intolerable. I could believe the child molestation, but how can you believe such a prolific liar?

What I think is perverted is that the DT is so arrogant about media and "bloggers" tainting possible jurors while the DT is making unproven claims in their opening statement. I would like the jury to just see how things evolved, the proven facts, the tapes, the interviews the testimonies etc. without preconceptions that are bound to affect their judgment.

I felt so sorry for those poor jurors having to listen to Baez drivel and theatrics! I wonder if he startled some of them when he raised his voice and yelled, "LOOK what you let happen", or something to that effect. I almost jumped myself when he yelled that out. I was reading at WS and watching on TV.

I spent the majority of Baez opening statement with my forehead still on my keyboard where it had thudded. I now have QWERTYUIOP emblazoned on my forehead! It was a thud as big as Tehcloser ever had!

Seriously, tho, Baez reached a new low yesterday, as did the whole DT did as well as ICA. No way is she going to get out of this. I am not worried now and feel that little Caylee will have justice!

LA, I seriously jerked my knee up so fast I hit it on my desk (my bad knee I might add, Thanks JB) when he said what he did about "oral sex".........I was shocked I tell you shocked.

What I think is perverted is that the DT is so arrogant about media and "bloggers" tainting possible jurors while the DT is making unproven claims in their opening statement. I would like the jury to just see how things evolved, the proven facts, the tapes, the interviews the testimonies etc. without preconceptions that are bound to affect their judgment.

along with constantly seeking the Media...the ones that they blame for everything.....they are the ones that have been more out there--- I wish that the money they have collected from the media could come out...it truly is shameful what they have put out there--how many victims can the inmate and her team create???? Everyone is guilty except her and them....shameful! That whole drowned in the pool and ga going after her....:sick:

Jose, darling, you misread my posts. I know I said you should argue that Caylee drowned in the pool and that Casey, because she was sexually and emotionally abused and therefore a little whacko in the head, lied and partied and generally ugly-coped and covered up the death.

But the whole POINT, Jose, of that defense, was so that you could GAIN credibility points by ADMITTING the dog evidence, the hair, the decomp, the dumping of Caylee's little body on Suburban, etc. You can't deny all that stuff too.

Seriously. You never listen to me. :banghead:

:biglaugh: you nailed that one right on the head...as always.

When JB asked GA if he had ever sexually molested his daughter, he denied it. Really, would we expect him to admit to it, even under oath, even if it were TRUE? Anyway, that's beside the point. When GA stonyface denied it, something instantly broke in KC. I mean BROKE. I swear to you, and yes I'm definately prone to over-exagerations, BUT . . . I swear I watched her soul tear.

my snip!

I saw that too...but I saw a different reason. I believe ICA's devastation was caused by the fact that GA did NOT fall on the sword for her. her entire defense rested on him - her only way out was to believe GA was serious on the stand that time he said I will do anything to save my daughter

and he didnt take the fall. he told the truth to save himself and for caylee.

now she has to take the stand on her own, and be shredded by the state and the jury will never, ever fall for it. had GA corroborated caylee's "drowning"....ICA might indeed have walked free. not now.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jessicawilliams0
Back