Have you heard this? Padilla speaks to a caller

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I think Casey is a very attractive gal, but the crazy outweighs everything else in the end (and of course is the only thing that matters as we dissect this case). And of course it's the crazy and the crazy behaviors that landed her in prison and will keep her there.

I'm not surprised to learn she 'hit' on Rob and whatever young men were around...that's how a lot of young gals roll...it's just standard behavior for them.

It is not about sex.

It is about validation. Unfortunately, this kind of neediness for male attention isn't good when the woman has kids.

We've had lots of cases on websleuths where a woman turned a blind eye to a man doing things to her kids.

THE ACCIDENT THEORY - THE PHONE CALLS - HUMAN REACTION

Respectfully snipped.

I agree. And if any of the scenarios happened to your brother you would be heartbroken and wonder if there was anything you could have done differently (i.e you probably would feel some guilt).

No signs of anything close to this from dear old Casey. Cover ups and weak *advertiser censored** attempts to prove to LE she was "concerned."

she said in her state it is not illegal if you read her comment about herself below it, and she also emailed him letting him no that if he (lp) wanted her to remove it she would do so

In Ohio as long as 1 party of the conversation knows the call is being recorded it is fine, I couldn't record a call between 2 people without one of them knowing

Maybe CA was already pissed off that her friends got to go on vacation to PR and CA didn't get to go (because of Caylee?) and then the flurry of phone calls was to find a sitter for that night. On top of not being able to go to PR, now Casey can't go out and PAR-TAY (because of Caylee?). Maybe this just pushed Casey over the edge and she exploded and took it out on Caylee? Just speculating.

I agree with both explanations - phone calls because they were fighting or phone calls because SHE WANTED SOMETHING - a sitter or to check when they were coming back at home.

PR trip didn't occur until July. These calls we are talking about are middle June.

I agree. But once she gives it up, then what? It seems like she has some sort of hold on them afterwards too. Quite strange.

Probably offers herself for "taboo" types of sex that men can not say no to. KWIM?

It is not about sex.

It is about validation. Unfortunately, this kind of neediness for male attention isn't good when the woman has kids.

Agree 100% that it's about validation (of their worth). Not about sex. Sex is just a tool in their arsenal.

I don't believe that Caylee died because of an accident as in drowning in the pool. I think she either died because of a severe neglectful child abuse like putting her in the car or trunk locked up so she could do something without her, or she got mad and killed her out of rage. I think its one of the 2. I think if the kid accidentally fell down or drowned, she would have called 911. The only reason she never called 911 or told anyone is because she is guilty of something that is quite nasty and severe.

It doesn't look like Lee at all. JMO

I just pulled up a known pic of Lee and this one and you could be right. I wonder if that other pic is with a cousin or another close relative?

I can just msg that girl who has the pic on her Myspace and ask. She may know.

she said in her state it is not illegal if you read her comment about herself below it, and she also emailed him letting him no that if he (lp) wanted her to remove it she would do so

Tony said that LP doesn't really do much w/ computers. Wonder when he'll get the email.

It is not about sex.

We've had lots of cases on websleuths where a woman turned a blind eye to a man doing things to her kids.

OK here is a sick thought: Could Casey been jealous of the attention Caylee was getting from her guy friends? Or even was threatened by it because it reminded her of herself?

Clint and Tony did say Caylee really liked guys. In fact Tony used the word "flirt."

I am going to go look up the exact quote even though I hate myself for thinking this...

Casey definitely has some sort of mental problems. She actually sounds not only mentally ill but dim. Retarded in some way. I don't know how to say it in a politcally correct way. I think she was born with some sort of deficit. Not to say she isn't guilty but it sure is a shame her parents let her run off and put her in charge of a baby with her problems! I almost blame the parents. It is obvious there is something very wrong with Casey. I hope she takes the plea deal so we can maybe get to the bottom of what happened. This girl does not belong on the streets again ever. She needs to live her life out in prison or be put away in a mental ward. Her parents also need help to have allowed her out on the streets to prey on people and live a life of crime!

I don't think she's dim at all. Nor do I think she's slow. I do believe she has some kind of mental issue(s) that began to surface more strongly during her pregnancy. Hormones do weird things to some women, I don't care what Tom Cruise says. I think the fact that she wanted to give the baby up for adoption was the right (and the best) decision, and then Cindy vetoed that idea.

This all entwines. She wants to party, do her thing. Resentment is probably building towards her family, and Caylee. She starts to think of ways to get out of her situation. Probably feels a little desperate.

I'm trying to remember when Casey's friends all went to PR without her. She was hoping to go but found out that she couldn't afford the trip so they all went ahead and she stayed home. Maybe that was the catalyst that put her over the edge?

If you look at the 400 page document, can't tell you exactly where, but there's a point where she's seeing the RM guy (his statement.) He basically tells her he's not interested in a serious relationship. It was "messy" accourding to AH. Then she starts seeing AL, and in his statement he said he said pretty much the same thing. *That* is key in what happened to Caylee - between these 2 relationships. Not that I'm saying they were directly involved, but in terms of Casey's life.

I don't believe that Caylee died because of an accident as in drowning in the pool. I think she either died because of a severe neglectful child abuse like putting her in the car or trunk locked up so she could do something without her, or she got mad and killed her out of rage. I think its one of the 2. I think if the kid accidentally fell down or drowned, she would have called 911. The only reason she never called 911 or told anyone is because she is guilty of something that is quite nasty and severe.

I agree. I keep going back and forth between the premeditated theory and the "stupid idea that went wrong (leaving her in the car) theory"

If it was an honest accident like a fall or drowning I can't see Casey not calling 911. Casey only thinks about Casey. She seems to want to cover something up because she doesn't want to get in trouble.

If it were an accident, there would be no reason to cover anything up.

But I'm still confused about something. Was the Zenaida card that the apartment complex have on file from way back in April done by Casey? Someone had told me someone there picked Casey out of a photo line-up and claimed she was the one who proported to be ZG that day. If so, I lean toward the premeditated theory.

FSU-Girl.........Welcome to Websleuths!

Thanks for the audio of the phone call with Leonard Padilla! There were quite a few interesting details in that call. He did give a theory - fell off Tony's balcony, or choked on candy......he evidently is thinking in terms of accidental.

He did mention Casey trying to hit on Rob, and I think we all could see that happening. :)

He also gave a little bit of the family dynamics too.

LP is on his way home, so I think that's the last we'll hear from the Padillas, although I can see them giving an interview with inside details of guarding Casey during the week she was out of jail.

OK here is a sick thought: Could Casey been jealous of the attention Caylee was getting from her guy friends? Or even was threatened by it becasue it reminded her of herself?

Clint and Tony did say Caylee really liked guys. In fact Tony used the word "flirt."

I am going to go look up the exact quote even though I hate myself for thinking this...

Yes I remember that quote too! It was in the interview with Tony if I remember right. He was responding to the question the investigator had about whether Caylee was friendly or shy.

Hi all, new poster here! I've been lurking and I have a few questions regarding this whole case, a few which I haven't seen addressed in any other threads, so I'll throw it out there....How come when CA's boyfriend came to pick her up the night she "ran out of gas" at the check cashing place, he didn't suggest putting a few buck's worth of gas in her car so she wouldn't have to abandon it overnight? (although I do realize it was out of gas when towed to the tow lot) That's what stood out the most to my husband, that a boyfriend or any friend would suggest or help to put enough gas in it so it wouldn't be left overnight....then no helping her to get it during the next few days....? Just curious, since Leonard brought up the theory of something having happened at the Tony's. I believe he said in his interview that he attends classes from 9am-1pm, so possible he could have been home during the time frame Casey may have driven over after leaving her parents' house....Also, it seems like the guys who supposedly helped her push it into the lot would have come forward, and since they haven't it may suggest Tony didn't pick her up, but helped her drop off the car then took her back home....Perhaps Casey blew the idea off when/if he did suggest it, but seems like the officers would have asked him about that, why he would let his girlfriend leave her car abandoned for days without offering to help her take care of the situation.

Off direct topic, how come when I look at the aerial view of the Anthony's back yard I see no swimming pool? I'm assuming since all the talk about the "ladder being up", it is above ground, but I didn't see any pool....

C'mon - can I really be the only person here that doesn't know who Rob is?

Could anyone out there help me out?

Hi all, new poster here! I've been lurking and I have a few questions regarding this whole case, a few which I haven't seen addressed in any other threads, so I'll throw it out there....How come when CA's boyfriend came to pick her up the night she "ran out of gas" at the check cashing place, he didn't suggest putting a few buck's worth of gas in her car so she wouldn't have to abandon it overnight? (although I do realize it was out of gas when towed to the tow lot) That's what stood out the most to my husband, that a boyfriend or any friend would suggest or help to put enough gas in it so it wouldn't be left overnight....then no helping her to get it during the next few days....? Just curious, since Leonard brought up the theory of something having happened at the Tony's. I believe he said in his interview that he attends classes from 9am-1pm, so possible he could have been home during the time frame Casey may have driven over after leaving her parents' house....Also, it seems like the guys who supposedly helped her push it into the lot would have come forward, and since they haven't it may suggest Tony didn't pick her up, but helped her drop off the car then took her back home....Perhaps Casey blew the idea off when/if he did suggest it, but seems like the officers would have asked him about that, why he would let his girlfriend leave her car abandoned for days without offering to help her take care of the situation.

Off direct topic, how come when I look at the aerial view of the Anthony's back yard I see no swimming pool? I'm assuming since all the talk about the "ladder being up", it is above ground, but I didn't see any pool....

IIRC, she told tonE that her dad was going to come get her car.

Rob works with Padilla's team. Basically the body guard prior to Casey's arrest last Friday.

I don't know if this has been said or not, but it just occurred to me that Caylee was probably dead in the back of her car the night all those pics were taken at Fusian.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalo13
Back