Hayward Police searching Garrido property

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Was it even legal to buy stun guns back then, let alone if you were on parole? Perhaps Mrs. Garrido bought it and they didn't check to see that she was married to a man convicted of federal charges of rape and kidnapping. God, what a mess.

I know that they had to have kidnapped another girl before. I can't imagine them being so successful and brazen on their first try. And the hell Phillip Garrido went three years (1988-1991) without a girl to rape and terrorize.

I totally agree, however, I am afraid it seems like they have already dropped the ball, as expected.

I will say this, though, WebSleuthers HAVE and ARE helping to solve this crime. Stick with it peeps. You are making a difference.

I was interviewed by several media sources yesterday at the hearing/press conference. I had made a sign up saying "Remember the other missing children" with info about Michaela Garecht and Anna Waters. (It also mentioned Websleuths.) Yesterday, I think some thought I may have been a kook - with today's developments, they think I am a prophet. I have received a phone call from a local station asking me to keep them informed on anything I or Websleuths may find.

So, yes, we all are making a difference!

That's cool, Dr. Doogie. May I ask which station it is? Would they be willing to use their media clout to confirm if Garrido was, in fact, paroled first to a hallway house in Oakland in August 1988? And if so, how long was he there? (The answer should be at least 3 months, but we can't be sure until it's confirmed by someone.)

That's cool, Dr. Doogie. May I ask which station it is? Would they be willing to use their media clout to confirm if Garrido was, in fact, paroled first to a hallway house in Oakland in August 1988? And if so, how long was he there? (The answer should be at least 3 months, but we can't be sure until it's confirmed by someone.)

In the Fremont paper The Argus today they have the timeline. It states he was in Oakland for 3-4 months doing community service work .

I certainly hope that someone there from the FBI or whatever is keeping in mind what other abductees were wearing . . . . as you never know what you might find in all the rubbish there. Other abductees, as in the list Californian came up with . . .

Does anyone know what will happen to all the STUFF in the backyard? I wonder if it gets listed and labeled and put in boxes????? I certainly hope they're being meticulous . . .

(Was anyone else just a tad freaked out seeing those drums in the aerial shots yesterday of the property search?)

when larry king did his interview with the first victim, she mentioned the half way house on there, when she thought she saw him, she called victim assistance number, and she made appt with his parole officer,

I was interviewed by several media sources yesterday at the hearing/press conference. I had made a sign up saying "Remember the other missing children" with info about Michaela Garecht and Anna Waters. (It also mentioned Websleuths.) Yesterday, I think some thought I may have been a kook - with today's developments, they think I am a prophet. I have received a phone call from a local station asking me to keep them informed on anything I or Websleuths may find.

So, yes, we all are making a difference!

I'm glad you were able to go Dr.D.

LOL, that means we will be crawling with media lurkers doesn't it. I hope some of them join. They are often as helpful to us as we can be to them.

Were there any LE from the county Anna was residing in present during this search?

Since I will NEVER get caught up to look through all the threads, could someone give me a link to the pictures Fox News and others were showing yesterday of Michaela's kidnappers sketch and the pix of PG taken that same year with long hair? I thought that they were amazingly similar would like to see them again if they are posted somewhere.

TIA

The picture of PG with long hair was taken about ten years earlier. The news has decided to run with it but it's not really what he looked like in the late 80's. Keep that in mind before this story gets ahead of itself.

I think there actually at least 6 LE agencies out there, or involved:

Hayward PD
Dublin PD
Alameda County Sheriff's Office
Antioch PD
Pittsburg PD
Contra Costa County Sheriff's Office

EDITED TO ADD: Make that 7 LE agencies. Both Dublin and Hayward PD's search warrants acknowledge the FBI for their assistance at the property.

Dublin's: http://media.nbclocalmedia.com/documents/Misheloff.pdf
Hayward's: http://media.nbclocalmedia.com/documents/garecht.pdf
This is unacceptable all those LE agencies are made up of Idiots.
I do not trust they will come up with much :furious:

I think they show up at work and wait for a pension....THEY ARE USLESS....

The picture of PG with long hair was taken about ten years earlier. The news has decided to run with it but it's not really what he looked like in the late 80's. Keep that in mind before this story gets ahead of itself.

Yeah, Mario, I also posted that when the pictures first hit the news, but no one seemed interested. I hope we make sure to keep the facts straight or it won't help any of the victims.

Since I will NEVER get caught up to look through all the threads, could someone give me a link to the pictures Fox News and others were showing yesterday of Michaela's kidnappers sketch and the pix of PG taken that same year with long hair? I thought that they were amazingly similar would like to see them again if they are posted somewhere.

TIA

I can't think offhand of a link, except to suggest that if one is pressed for time, the Media Links thread is a great resource (and might have the image, or link to the image, you are looking for).

:bowdown: Angel Who Cares, as well as Linask, Cold Pizza and others have been great about posting media to that thread.

Just want to add that my request has been addressed. Thanks again, DD!

I came out to my back patio a few minutes ago, just in time to see another helicopter, possibly (and probably) headed toward the Garrido property (they all seem to take the same flight path back and forth). Maybe sending one out to capture live footage for noon news reports?

In the Fremont paper The Argus today they have the timeline. It states he was in Oakland for 3-4 months doing community service work .

Ah, thanks, JDB.

Are you referring to this: http://www.insidebayarea.com/news/ci_13215049? Or can you please provide the link to the one you saw, because this one only says he was in an Oakland halfway house, but doesn't mention "doing community service." That could be an interesting detail in itself.

Originally Posted by Californian View Post
Just want to add that my request has been addressed. Thanks again, DD!

Is there a reason you're not sharing it with us?

Songline--Just a gentle and respectful reminder that the quote:

"all those LE agencies are made up of Mongoloid Idiots"

is highly disrespectful and hurtful. I happen to have a daughter with Downs Syndrome and this label is outdated and not used any more. The words "*advertiser censored*" or "lame" are just as hurtful and are thankfully being shown the door. I'm sure you meant no offense at all but I feel obligated to remind everyone that words can hurt.

Let's suffice it to say that some staff and officers were most definitely sleeping on the job. I agree with you that some must be idiots!! Enough said. Now, let's move on.

I have a few reasons, but one of the biggest is I don't want to speak "out of turn" and reveal the name which might cause some professional embarrassment. This journalist may not want it known who his resources are. Nothing sinister here - just trying to be respectful of someone who has taken a chance by giving me an outlet for info we find.

Songline--Just a gentle and respectful reminder that the quote:

"all those LE agencies are made up of Mongoloid Idiots"

is highly disrespectful and hurtful. I happen to have a daughter with Downs Syndrome and this label is outdated and not used any more. The words "*advertiser censored*" or "lame" are just as hurtful and are thankfully being shown the door. I'm sure you meant no offense at all but I feel obligated to remind everyone that words can hurt.

Let's suffice it to say that some staff and officers were most definitely sleeping on the job. I agree with you that some must be idiots!! Enough said. Now, let's move on.
My sincere apology, it was certainly not meant that way at all.
I know down syndrome Brother & sister on my block and they are sweet. REALLY NOT MEANT THAT WAY. :angel:
I took that word out.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
solomonkenny