HCPD contacts Florida LE about skeletal remains that were found

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Latest story in this area, but nothing really new. LE has still not identified the remains far as I can find.
Note the comments about how long the bag was there and whether or not it's an adult were made by the man who found the bag, not by LE.

http://beacononlinenews.com/news/daily/6860

"Jarvis could not confirm whether the bag contained a full human skeleton, but said the skull appeared to be that of a young person — not an infant, but not an adult. He said there was also deteriorated fabric in the bag that looked as if it might have been a yellow or tan bedsheet. "

Also: "The bag appeared to be full of debris and was about 2 feet in diameter, Jarvis said.

“There were roots growing through the bag,” he said. “It looked like it had been there over a year.” "

Is it just me or is the Parking Lot thread not available at this time ???

So .....:waiting::waiting:

When will we hear

When I first read this article a few days ago, I immediately thought of Haleigh Cummings.

So many families need 'closure' and for their loved ones to be found. It's just heartbreaking :(

Haleigh Cummings? JMO Yellow bedsheet?
I said the same thing a couple days ago. I also answered your post in the Haleigh thread.

Not to take away from Heather but Haleigh, from what I remember hadn't been to a dentist so that would make it harder to i.d. I'm feeling this is one of the children from late last year that are missing from the area, Thalia Otto or Michael Otto. It's someone's child/small adult family member. It could be Heather or even Britannee.

Was there a yellow bed sheet missing in her case? How far is this from their area? I'm sorry, I'm less familiar w/ specific details there.

Thanks!

Was there a yellow bed sheet missing in her case? How far is this from their area? I'm sorry, I'm less familiar w/ specific details there.

Thanks!

I'm not familiar with that case either but Satsuma FL is about 45 miles from Deland according to mapquest and google.

florida momma, I hope you feel better soon! I've been lurking in this case and followed your posts about the surgery.

I hope more pain meds are available if you need them. I wish you a speedy recovery.

Eating healthy and increasing protein may help with the healing process. Take care.

:seeya:You know I never thought it could be Haleigh, I guess because I was resigned that she would never be found. But, the sheet certainly gives me hope. :please:

I can understand if the child is young and there are no dental records, but surely they can DNA the hair right???

This is either an unknown victim which would take longer or LE already knows who the person is.
If LE knows they might not release info right away, gathering more evidence to link a murderer!
This is jmoo

Just getting caught up here and don't have time to go through all of the thread, do we now believe that it is not HE because of the time the remains have been there? TIA

This was in news today. Remains were found yesterday and was identified today of a missing girl from 2006. I'm not familiar with her case and it happened in SC also. Hurry up FL!
http://www.wbtw.com/story/25080066/remains-of-sc-woman-missing-since-2006-found

I'm sad it took this long for her to be found, but I'm glad she can finally be properly put to rest. I don't know her story or the circumstances surrounding her disappearance.. It's crazy how many remains are found by completely unsuspecting people! Walking their dog, construction work, etc. The public is a great asset to have.

I believe it is very telling that the Florida remains have not been identified. Whether it is connected to the HE case or not, they are being hush hush about it for a reason... Hoping another family will finally get closure again soon!

JMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member