HCPD contacts Florida LE about skeletal remains that were found

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure if this is the right thread, but a body was found in cape fear river. This river runs through Wilmington,NC all the way to Greensboro,NC. Wilmington is about an hour and a half north of Myrtle Beach. This body was found in Fayetteville, but who knows where the came from at this point. http://m.wect.com/#!/newsDetail/25172580

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Coincident #1
gag order issued on same day the remains were found.
Coincident #2
http://www.carolinalive.com/m/news/story?id=1026561
The judge denies removing gag order same time the remains released to anthropology lab.

Gag order prevents Local LE from discussing case and FL Sheriff's office doesn't feel comfortable releasing any info the medical examiner has...?
http://touch.orlandosentinel.com/#section/-1/article/p2p-79812439/

Those make sense if it is Heather....

Those make sense if it's NOT Heather:
I've wondered if there's some reason LE thinks Heather could be in FL -- and they are using these 'remains' to try and get SM or TM to tumble..... "We found her body, Tammy. It's over. Time to fess up"??

I'm not sure if there is already a thread about this but.... is anyone else bothered by the media trying to appeal and argue with the gag order? As much as I want all information to be available but I feel the media lacks respect in this matter.... I am ok with the decision of the court because they are trying to protect the case and justly so.... There are cases that our media has barely covered such as AB who was found murdered under the bridge and if the local media reported on it 5 times that may be a stretch. It seems that they are not only being selfish and disrespectful but appear to want what they have been denied all to stay in the spot light.... JMO, but the vicious news reports from disrespectful journalists and reporters is really getting to me! Sorry just had to vent!

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

I am bothered that there is a gag order. I want the media to fight it.

I am bothered that there is a gag order. I want the media to fight it.

It maybe frustrating but in the end I want justice for HE more. Too much information circulating will make it difficult to find a jury and as it is right now , enough people know about the circumstances with out it being tainted by misleading reports, giving way to doubt about the guilt of the M 's. The prosecutor made a smart play, IMO and I wouldn't want to see a change of venue which would be an advantage to the defense. I may not like not knowing, but I certainly respect that the decision was made by intelligent people with good reasons and fair justice in mind.

Not sure if this is the right thread, but a body was found in cape fear river. This river runs through Wilmington,NC all the way to Greensboro,NC. Wilmington is about an hour and a half north of Myrtle Beach. This body was found in Fayetteville, but who knows where the came from at this point. http://m.wect.com/#!/newsDetail/25172580

Hi Neighbor! When you first posted this I thought it was the about the body that was found on Wed. that LE notified Danielle Locklear's family about.

http://www.wncn.com/story/25154079/womans-body-recovered-from-river-in-sampson-co

But the one you posted about is a different river, different county and was found on Friday. I wouldn't be surprised if the m's disposed of Heather somewhere in SE NC since they worked as movie extras and are familiar with the area. My DD works as an extra and she travels to locations in surrounding counties.

MOO:moo:

I'm not sure if there is already a thread about this but.... is anyone else bothered by the media trying to appeal and argue with the gag order? As much as I want all information to be available but I feel the media lacks respect in this matter.... I am ok with the decision of the court because they are trying to protect the case and justly so.... There are cases that our media has barely covered such as AB who was found murdered under the bridge and if the local media reported on it 5 times that may be a stretch. It seems that they are not only being selfish and disrespectful but appear to want what they have been denied all to stay in the spot light.... JMO, but the vicious news reports from disrespectful journalists and reporters is really getting to me! Sorry just had to vent!

http://m.myhorrynews.com/news/crime/article_7c7fb2ec-bb5f-11e3-a12d-001a4bcf6878.html?mode=story
From what the article states the local paper wants the info on search warrants released. I don't know if this is normally a public document?

Hi Neighbor! When you first posted this I thought it was the about the body that was found on Wed. that LE notified Danielle Locklear's family about.

http://www.wncn.com/story/25154079/womans-body-recovered-from-river-in-sampson-co

But the one you posted about is a different river, different county and was found on Friday. I wouldn't be surprised if the m's disposed of Heather somewhere in SE NC since they worked as movie extras and are familiar with the area. My DD works as an extra and she travels to locations in surrounding counties.

MOO:moo:

Yes! I live in Wilmington,NC and saw this posted and immediately went to the same conclusion, but read the article and saw that it was in the Fayetteville area. But I know the river starts in Wilmington,NC at the Brunswick county/New Hanover county line. Even closer to Myrtle Beach than say a location more north in Wilmington.

http://m.myhorrynews.com/news/crime/article_7c7fb2ec-bb5f-11e3-a12d-001a4bcf6878.html?mode=story
From what the article states the local paper wants the info on search warrants released. I don't know if this is normally a public document?

Active investigation records may be sheltered from disclosure if public disclosure of the records would interfere with a prospective LE Action SC Code Ann 30-4-40
This law also protects closed cases among other things....

I can't believe anything has been ruled in or out with these remains!

I agree with the media disputing the gag order. Not that I believe for a second that SM/TM are innocent....but the lack of media coverage makes it easier for a lazy prosecutor that's trying to just hold someone in jail while he/she manufactures evidence or comes up with jail house snitches.

The media plays a huge part in keeping both the prosecution and defense honest by casting a light on why someone is being held for trial.

Like I said, I don't believe for a second that they are innocent, however any one of us could be accused of a crime at any time. It's up to the media to make sure that someone who is innocent isn't being held on flimsy charges. The more light we can shine on our government, the better, IMHO.

I agree with the media disputing the gag order. Not that I believe for a second that SM/TM are innocent....but the lack of media coverage makes it easier for a lazy prosecutor that's trying to just hold someone in jail while he/she manufactures evidence or comes up with jail house snitches.

The media plays a huge part in keeping both the prosecution and defense honest by casting a light on why someone is being held for trial.

Like I said, I don't believe for a second that they are innocent, however any one of us could be accused of a crime at any time. It's up to the media to make sure that someone who is innocent isn't being held on flimsy charges. The more light we can shine on our government, the better, IMHO.

This is false and is opposite from everything the law states and jurisdictional procedures. A lazy DA? Hmroo?

It is also false that anyone could be accused of a crime--not by the state without some evidence; though perhaps by misinformed citizens. It is not up to the media to do anything; cases are proved in court using evidence. Juries decide the strength of the evidence and whether the state met their burden.

The above assertions, besides being factually incorrect, have a strong ring of paranoia.

This is false and is opposite from everything the law states and jurisdictional procedures. A lazy DA? Hmroo?

It is also false that anyone could be accused of a crime--not by the state without some evidence; though perhaps by misinformed citizens. It is not up to the media to do anything; cases are proved in court using evidence. Juries decide the strength of the evidence and whether the state met their burden.

The above assertions, besides being factually incorrect, have a strong ring of paranoia.

The Duke Lacrosse player Reade Seligmann was arrested and charged on only an ever changing allegation from Crystal Mangum...and no additional evidence. He left the party with a friend BEFORE the time she originally stated the rape took place? He had a time stamp from a restaurant, a photo from a bank ATM, and the cab driver submitted his time sheet to support his alibi.

The cab driver was then arrested on a bogus "assistant to shoplifting charge" but acquitted at his outrageous trial.

DNA from other men were present in Mangum's three orifices yet none from the men she accused.

THree innocent kids were not only accused, but indicted. At his Bar trial where he was disbarred...a Nifong admitted refusing to see any alibi evidence from the defense attorneys, never interviewing the accuser, not reading his own reports that he submitted, and was found guilty of hiding the DNA evidence.

So it happens. Being accused and indicted for a crime with only an allegation and no evidence. All it takes is a rogue DA. Mangum has since stood trial for setting an arson fire with her kids in the apartment and some time later, killing a man who took her and her kids into his home. She was convicted of the murder charge.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=gMu1clUA9xk

It maybe frustrating but in the end I want justice for HE more. Too much information circulating will make it difficult to find a jury and as it is right now , enough people know about the circumstances with out it being tainted by misleading reports, giving way to doubt about the guilt of the M 's. The prosecutor made a smart play, IMO and I wouldn't want to see a change of venue which would be an advantage to the defense. I may not like not knowing, but I certainly respect that the decision was made by intelligent people with good reasons and fair justice in mind.

I completely disagree.

There will be no problem finding an unbiased jury.[modsnip]

So it happens. Being accused and indicted for a crime with only an allegation and no evidence. All it takes is a rogue DA. Mangum has since stood trial for setting an arson fire with her kids in the apartment and some time later, killing a man who took her and her kids into his home. She was convicted of the murder charge.

You and Miss Priss nailed it.

The Duke Lacrosse player Reade Seligmann was arrested and charged on only an ever changing allegation from Crystal Mangum

The Duke Lacrosse case is fortunately an anomaly that is extremely rare. The arrests were based on evidence and the person providing the evidence lied about what happened to her. She was found out. False witness testimony, false witness assertions, and a corrupt DA that was not only not lazy, but was determined to take that case to trial. The truth has a way of coming out in the end. Look where Crystal Magnum is today: in prison for stabbing her boyfriend to death.

There is no eye witness claiming to be the injured party in this case. There is no false physical evidence as far as we know. There is video evidence. There is phone call evidence.

Not at all the same.

What makes you think the prosecutor is being lazy?? He knows more than we do, perhaps its the best interest. That prosecutor wants to win this case and see justice he took an oath .... beyond what we know, they are trying to preserve the solidity of the case.... considering I know where I stand on this case, I'm willing to sacrifice all the drama for real just justice... maybe its because I come from a family of attorneys.... or maybe I just believe that decisions made are based on what's best..... finding justice for HE.

Good thinking Jacie! Kelli's case has gone quiet in these parts and I hadn't thought about her in awhile. Hopefully somebody's family will get much needed closure even if not a happy ending. :(

I had to look up her last name, I just remembered the name Kelli. If I read correctly, they said the remains are of a girl so I thought of Kelli because she is so tiny. Too many missing girls.

Agree × 10+ 100%

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members