HCPD contacts Florida LE about skeletal remains that were found

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
hey, thanks for that. i searched quite awhile trying to find that. i too remember reading about DNA, but only that a reporter asked if DNA would be in the search or something. again, i can't find the article and many of the articles have been updated since, so i think it was taken out.

if you can find the whole article with that statement, i'd appreciate it very much if you can post it. thanks

eta: i answered my own questions:

http://www.wmbfnews.com/story/24804...l&utm_source=facebook.com&utm_campaign=buffer

also, can anyone find where this article/video is posted:

Originally Posted by CHERIE.T View Post
"Paula Curuso reporting... ********"Robinson is the third person in Horry... [clears voice] Horry County charged with murder in a missing persons case in less than a month. Sidney and Tammy Moorer were arrested and charged with murder in the Heather Elvis case.******% The couple was arrested after a search of their property. Investigators say they found DNA evidence in one of the Moorer's vehicles. The two will have a bond hearing March 17th."

BBM; i have neither read or heard that comment made by any reporter. but, but, there are so many news articles it is hard to keep up and i probably missed it

hey whoa wait what?!?! (stars by me.....)

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

There was one report by media that DNA was found in a vehicle...we do not know for sure if this was a slip by LE, an error by media, or what. I tend to believe it is true, as DNA in a part of a vehicle where someone would not normally be sitting upright, i.e. trunk, inside a container on bed of truck, etc could be used to determine that the person is dead, if person is never seen again (depending upon type of DNA) and just JMO.

So - weather has been better and still no new search announced. There was a search planned right before the FL remains were found that was to be rescheduled - but there's not been another word. In fact, it seems like <----and yes, I know, especially with this case that things aren't always as they seem :), that it's gotten very quiet regarding Heather since the FL announcement.

Odd co-ink-ee-dinks? Probably.

Or... lack of credible tips to have them search somewhere? LE said they weren't planning on any additional searches at this point, but would search based on receiving credible tips (or maybe any semi-reasonable tip). No searches implies they have not received any info to cause them to form another search.

magnolia, I honor your opinion, but guess we don't all think alike..
The luring and killing of Lance Cpl. Maria Lauterbach(12/2007) has many parallels to the HE abduction/murder, imo...

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2010/08/2...urdering-pregnant-colleague-backyard-firepit/

Ex-Marine gets life after being convicted of killing pregnant colleague found in backyard
Cesar Laurean, 23, of Las Vegas, was found guilty Monday of killing Lance Cpl. Maria Lauterbach, 20, of Vandalia, Ohio, in December 2007.

Lauterbach's charred corpse was discovered nearly a month later in a hole under the firepit Laurean built over the grave, prosecutors said.

<sniped & BBM - read more>

Just wanted to add a note here: Maria Lauterbach's body was under a pit built to barbeque a pig. A pig was actually cooked over her and her unborn baby's body and eaten by the people at the Pig-picking. The odor of the pork cooking would have helped cover the odor of human flesh burning. I have always felt so bad for the people who ate at that pig-picking and later found out about her body being under the wood fire.

But but but.... news articles (which have been referenced multiple times before) stated cadaver dogs did not have a single hit.

It's more likely that police found something that belonged to Heather, that was found in the M's home. Further, the DNA evidence found in the black truck is also considered "M's property." We know for sure they found something in that truck because they said they did and they made a reference to DNA. They did not say what they found, however.

Why would the mind go to the most remote and far-fetched thing. Horses vs. Zebras. Burning HE's body in the back yard? Without their children finding out? Without some kind of foul odor detected? Without a cadaver dog hitting somewhere? That's a fantasy, IMO.

I find it more probable that a cadaver dog may have hit on the truck and that's how LE 'knows' that HE is likely deceased. They wouldn't necessarily put that out in the public, but they have information that gives them some amount of confidence.

Where are HE's car keys? Her dad had a set of his own keys, but where are HE's? Could it be that TM has them hidden somewhere as a "trophy" of sorts?

[rsbm]

Confirmation in either case would come from the office of the coroner or medical examiner in the county where remains are found. In this particular instance, that would be the Volusia County Medical Examiner.

Yeah, I was going by GA standards in which the ME is considered a trial participant (as are any witnesses/experts). Didn't mean to imply LE or defense or what have you would be doing it.

Horry County even making contact about these remains makes me believe they have run out of ideas as to where to search for Heather, which is sad...Imo

hey, thanks for that. i searched quite awhile trying to find that. i too remember reading about DNA, but only that a reporter asked if DNA would be in the search or something. again, i can't find the article and many of the articles have been updated since, so i think it was taken out.

if you can find the whole article with that statement, i'd appreciate it very much if you can post it. thanks

eta: i answered my own questions:

http://www.wmbfnews.com/story/24804...l&utm_source=facebook.com&utm_campaign=buffer

also, can anyone find where this article/video is posted:

Originally Posted by CHERIE.T View Post
"Paula Curuso reporting... "Robinson is the third person in Horry... [clears voice] Horry County charged with murder in a missing persons case in less than a month. Sidney and Tammy Moorer were arrested and charged with murder in the Heather Elvis case. The couple was arrested after a search of their property. Investigators say they found DNA evidence in one of the Moorer's vehicles. The two will have a bond hearing March 17th."

BBM; i have neither read or heard that comment made by any reporter. but, but, there are so many news articles it is hard to keep up and i probably missed it

It was on the 11 o'clock news! Wasn't in print. Heard it with my own ears AND was confirmed on Twitter by reporter. Now, it's all hush-hush.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

it was on the 11 o'clock news! Wasn't in print. Heard it with my own ears and was confirmed on twitter by reporter. Now, it's all hush-hush.

Sent from my iphone using tapatalk

thank you peter thomas fan!!!!

I feel sure Heather's body is somewhere within the boundaries of SC and probably within 10 miles or so of where she went missing.

Another article

The woman had strawberry blond hair, was approximately 5 feet 2 inches tall and had a slim build. She was wearing denim Capri-style pants investigators said.

http://www.wftv.com/news/news/local/deputies-investigate-body-found-along-road-near-cl/nfRzp/

"We believe that she has been here less than 24 hours. This same lady walked the same area yesterday and she is confident the body was not there," said Sheriff's Lt. John Herrell."

The video has information that's not in the article.

Sounds like this woman needs her own thread -- sounds like zero chance it's Heather.

Just saw they found a woman's body in Clermont, Fl., about 25 miles from Disney World in Lake Co. 18 to 25 years old.

Woman's body found in Clermont woods
Investigators say death is 'suspicious'

UPDATED 2:15 PM EDT Apr 04, 2014
http://www.wesh.com/news/body-found-in-clermont/25322324#mid=18732612

https://www.google.com/maps/dir/Wal...56243ecc!2m2!1d-81.7728543!2d28.5494447?hl=en

I know it states that the body has not been there more than 24 hours and it is probably not Heather, but is that not where T.M claimed they were looking at land? I could have sworn it was! Geesh, it is odd that deceased women keep popping up in areas where the M's have frequented/visited.

I know it states that the body has not been there more than 24 hours and it is probably not Heather, but is that not where T.M claimed they were looking at land? I could have sworn it was! Geesh, it is odd that deceased women keep popping up in areas where the M's have frequented/visited.

I know it was updated, read back a few posts.

Just wanted to add a note here: Maria Lauterbach's body was under a pit built to barbeque a pig. A pig was actually cooked over her and her unborn baby's body and eaten by the people at the Pig-picking. The odor of the pork cooking would have helped cover the odor of human flesh burning. I have always felt so bad for the people who ate at that pig-picking and later found out about her body being under the wood fire.

I've never... in my worst nightmares.... I'm shocked, horrified.... omg.

just. omg.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members