HCPD contacts Florida LE about skeletal remains that were found

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
But but but.... news articles (which have been referenced multiple times before) stated cadaver dogs did not have a single hit.

It's more likely that police found something that belonged to Heather, that was found in the M's home. Further, the DNA evidence found in the black truck is also considered "M's property." We know for sure they found something in that truck because they said they did and they made a reference to DNA. They did not say what they found, however.

Why would the mind go to the most remote and far-fetched thing. Horses vs. Zebras. Burning HE's body in the back yard? Without their children finding out? Without some kind of foul odor detected? Without a cadaver dog hitting somewhere? That's a fantasy, IMO.

I find it more probable that a cadaver dog may have hit on the truck and that's how LE 'knows' that HE is likely deceased. They wouldn't necessarily put that out in the public, but they have information that gives them some amount of confidence.

But but but.... news articles (which have been referenced multiple times before) stated cadaver dogs did not have a single hit.

It's more likely that police found something that belonged to Heather, that was found in the M's home. Further, the DNA evidence found in the black truck is also considered "M's property." We know for sure they found something in that truck because they said they did and they made a reference to DNA. They did not say what they found, however.

Why would the mind go to the most remote and far-fetched thing. Horses vs. Zebras. Burning HE's body in the back yard? Without their children finding out? Without some kind of foul odor detected? Without a cadaver dog hitting somewhere? That's a fantasy, IMO.

I find it more probable that a cadaver dog may have hit on the truck and that's how LE 'knows' that HE is likely deceased. They wouldn't necessarily put that out in the public, but they have information that gives them some amount of confidence.

I don't recall LE stating they found DNA in the truck 'cause that would be BIG news! I was of the impression that the truck matched the truck that night going to and from PTL, therefore it was considered evidence on the property.

I don't recall LE stating they found DNA in the truck 'cause that would be BIG news! I was of the impression that the truck matched the truck that night going to and from PTL, therefore it was considered evidence on the property.

If LE didn't say it then a reporter did. I remember reading that here. Ill go look for a link.

FOUND IT..........
posted here by PeterThomasfan --3/06/14 thread 26

"Just heard on WMBF News that the DNA evidence was found in one of the M's trucks."

same thread
Paula Curuso reporting...

"Robinson is the third person in Horry... [clears voice] Horry County charged with murder in a missing persons case in less than a month. Sidney and Tammy Moorer were arrested and charged with murder in the Heather Elvis case. The couple was arrested after a search of their property. Investigators say they found DNA evidence in one of the Moorer's vehicles. The two will have a bond hearing March 17th."
b b m

Your reply back with the but, but, but made me smile! :) It seems this case is full of "but" ...... :)

If the M's had been so stupid as to burn (or attempt to burn) a body in that fire pit in back, LE would have discovered it. Something would have been left; a cadaver dog likely would have hit on something there or near there. The likelihood of removing every single trace of HE by burning in a backyard fire pit is somewhere between slim and none. I do not believe they would have been able to successfully do that and certainly not without someone seeing something or LE finding some evidence. And then... taking these supposed bones and discarding them in FL? Why there?

There is no evidence to support this theory that I can find. Perhaps a nice fictional plot for a future story, but I don't think it's part of this case, IMO.
RE: taking these supposed bones and discarding them in FL? Why there?

Why FL? Jurisdictional linkage blindness... To create confusion by preventing investigators from collecting and connecting the dots...

RE: There is no evidence to support this theory that I can find. Perhaps a nice fictional plot for a future story, but I don't think it's part of this case, IMO

There have many homicide cases past where campfires, burn barrels, or fire pits have been used in an attempt to destroy evidence and remains. There were two examples in one month in 2007; serial killer Gary Hilton, attempted to burn the skull of Cheryl Dunlap(FL-12/2007) in a campfire & Cesar Laurean, burned the remains of pregnant Lance Cpl. Maria Lauterbach, in a firepit 12/2007 in Goldsboro, N.C....
Ironically, Lance Corporal Maria Lauterbach's remains were not detected or located by cadaver K9s, but by the use of grave dowsing by Onslow County Sheriff Ed Brown....

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2010/08/2...urdering-pregnant-colleague-backyard-firepit/

Cesar Laurean, 23, of Las Vegas, was found guilty Monday of killing Lance Cpl. Maria Lauterbach, 20, of Vandalia, Ohio, in December 2007.

Madeleine74, we don't know the k9s didn't hit on the fire pit, and cadaver dogs aren't 100% at detection, 100% of the time. At the time the fire pit burning may, or may not have taken place, HCPD had no idea that HE had been abducted/murdered. The missing person report had not been filed...

http://www.law.fsu.edu/library/flsupct/sc11-898/op-sc11-898.pdf

On February 28, 2008, a Leon County grand jury indicted Gary ... Hilton for the first-degree murder of Cheryl Dunlap between ... Because of the burn damage, no DNA was recoverable ... On December 12, 2007, Michael Travis saw Hilton in the forest near the ..... Charred human bones, including a skull..

http://www.wmbfnews.com/story/24804...l&utm_source=facebook.com&utm_campaign=buffer

Warrants: Heather Elvis kidnapped, murdered at Peachtree Landing
Posted: Feb 24, 2014
<Sniped & BBM -Read More>

On the WMBF News Facebook page, news of the murder charges were met with some confusion. Many people wanted to know how a person can be charged with murder if the victim is still missing. A law enforcement official said murder charges can be filed without a body only if investigators have found enough evidence to prove the murder happened, through multiple pieces of evidence.

Capt. Dale Buchanan with Horry County Police said, "We have evidence that will be processed with us. SLED is assisting us with processing some of the forensic evidence. Is some of that evidence DNA? Yes."

So - weather has been better and still no new search announced. There was a search planned right before the FL remains were found that was to be rescheduled - but there's not been another word. In fact, it seems like <----and yes, I know, especially with this case that things aren't always as they seem :), that it's gotten very quiet regarding Heather since the FL announcement.

Odd co-ink-ee-dinks? Probably.

If the M's had been so stupid as to burn (or attempt to burn) a body in that fire pit in back, LE would have discovered it. Something would have been left; a cadaver dog likely would have hit on something there or near there. The likelihood of removing every single trace of HE by burning in a backyard fire pit is somewhere between slim and none. I do not believe they would have been able to successfully do that and certainly not without someone seeing something or LE finding some evidence. And then... taking these supposed bones and discarding them in FL? Why there?

There is no evidence to support this theory that I can find. Perhaps a nice fictional plot for a future story, but I don't think it's part of this case, IMO.

Possible, but I'm doubting he made those strawberries. Everything was a fabrication at that point, IMO.

BBM. This is what I think, too. And, just because they said they don't have a smoking gun doesn't mean they don't. I think an item of Heather's (i.e. phone), cadaver dog hitting on something in the truck, or DNA would all be smoking guns IMO.

Possible, but I'm doubting he made those strawberries. Everything was a fabrication at that point, IMO.

I agree, TTF14. Imo, it is logical to conclude that due to TM's extreme narcissism. She had been leaking info via social media from early on in the investigation.

Irony; Bet, FBI BAU Dr Roger L. Depue never dreamed that leakage would occur via social media when he coined the term in the 1980s..

Roger Depue - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Dr. Roger Depue is a 21-year veteran of the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI), where ... This led him to coin the term &#8220;leakage&#8221;, which basically means that one's fantasies consciously or subconsciously tend to leak out..

If I wanted to burn a body, I would not burn it in the most obvious place>>>>the firepit in my back yard.

If I wanted to burn a body, I would not burn it in the most obvious place>>>>the firepit in my back yard.

Me either. That would be at the very top of the long list of all the things I wouldn't do that these two individuals are unbelievably doing, saying that nobody else would be dumb enough to.

Yeah, I've always thought that it was either a nod to something sexual, involving food, or to burning something of Heather's. I'm with you - I can't imagine thinking I could burn someone in my yard, and go unnoticed. I can, however, imagine them burning evidence, with a certain one of them wearing that disgusting sinister grin, the whole time. Sigh.

magnolia, I honor your opinion, but guess we don't all think alike..
The luring and killing of Lance Cpl. Maria Lauterbach(12/2007) has many parallels to the HE abduction/murder, imo...

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2010/08/2...urdering-pregnant-colleague-backyard-firepit/

Ex-Marine gets life after being convicted of killing pregnant colleague found in backyard
Cesar Laurean, 23, of Las Vegas, was found guilty Monday of killing Lance Cpl. Maria Lauterbach, 20, of Vandalia, Ohio, in December 2007.

Lauterbach's charred corpse was discovered nearly a month later in a hole under the firepit Laurean built over the grave, prosecutors said.

<sniped & BBM - read more>

If LE didn't say it then a reporter did. I remember reading that here. Ill go look for a link.

FOUND IT..........
posted here by PeterThomasfan --3/06/14 thread 26

"Just heard on WMBF News that the DNA evidence was found in one of the M's trucks."

same thread
b b m

hey, thanks for that. i searched quite awhile trying to find that. i too remember reading about DNA, but only that a reporter asked if DNA would be in the search or something. again, i can't find the article and many of the articles have been updated since, so i think it was taken out.

if you can find the whole article with that statement, i'd appreciate it very much if you can post it. thanks

eta: i answered my own questions:

http://www.wmbfnews.com/story/24804...l&utm_source=facebook.com&utm_campaign=buffer

also, can anyone find where this article/video is posted:

Originally Posted by CHERIE.T View Post
"Paula Curuso reporting... "Robinson is the third person in Horry... [clears voice] Horry County charged with murder in a missing persons case in less than a month. Sidney and Tammy Moorer were arrested and charged with murder in the Heather Elvis case. The couple was arrested after a search of their property. Investigators say they found DNA evidence in one of the Moorer's vehicles. The two will have a bond hearing March 17th."

BBM; i have neither read or heard that comment made by any reporter. but, but, there are so many news articles it is hard to keep up and i probably missed it

magnolia, I honor your opinion, but guess we don't all think alike..
The luring and killing of Lance Cpl. Maria Lauterbach(12/2007) has many parallels to the HE abduction/murder, imo...

Ex-Marine gets life after being convicted of killing pregnant colleague found in backyard

Lauterbach's charred corpse was discovered nearly a month later in a hole under the firepit Laurean built over the grave, prosecutors said.

HE's case is not really at all like Lauterbach.

- Lauterbach was 7 months pregnant with Laurean's child.
- Lauterbach claimed he had raped her.
- Both were in military.
- Perp and victim were close in age.
- No wife committed the murder, just Laurean.
- No wife was stalking the victim.
- Perp had run to Mexico.

Also,

- Notice the corpse was charred and not burned down to nothing but bones (which is what was suggested here in HE's case).
- Victim was buried in the backyard.
- Police found victim's body.

I was actually thinking more along the lines of chemicals than burning. But I don't know enough about chemicals like that to know whether it would work.

I can recall at least three cases where missing people from the Boston area were discovered dead in Florida. One in garbage bags, two burned in staged fires in Florida. All three involved criminal activity other than the murder itself. So none of them really parallel to Heather's case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Patturelli