HCPD contacts Florida LE about skeletal remains that were found

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's an update from Friday. Have you all seen it already?

http://www.myhorrynews.com/news/crime/article_5dfdaea6-2a12-11e4-93d5-0017a43b2370.html

Salem

ETA: A quote:

Given that they are having such a hard time identifying these remains - 1st they went to the Univ of Florida and now to the Univ of Texas - I would think they had been there a really long time. But that doesn't make sense if the garbage bag, robe, sheet and blanket were still in good enough shape to be identified, kwim?

Strange.

Hi Salem, it is strange. The only thing I can think of is because the remains did not decompose naturally. Maybe someone sped the process up to make ID'ing difficult?? Then when there was nothing distinguishable left, they were wrapped, transported, and discarded.

I also think that Florida keeping quiet about the circumstances regarding Volusia remains is telling. I think they are honoring Horry County's request to hold off revealing what is known.

Trying to stay patient and have faith that the Texas lab will solve the mystery of who this is. It is difficult to have that patience after all this time wondering where Heather is. Her poor family is still in limbo. Nervous too that she won't be found before trial.

ETA: reducing a body to bones also enabled perps to wait to transport to Florida in January. No odor.

I think they know more than they are saying and are choosing their words carefully. With the trial upcoming - if I were the solicitor - I would want the evidence to be sealed up tight and tied with a bow. I think that's why the move to the Texas lab - to confirm what they already knew in a more concrete fashion.

If I recall correctly - on NAMUS - it showed that Heather's DNA hadn't been processed yet (this was a few weeks ago) so maybe that's been part of why it's taken so long? We don't know what they used to capture her DNA (and I know very little about what they would need -- a hair from her hairbrush?) - so maybe there's problems there? A problem with Heather's DNA sample? <----someone smarter than I can probably clear that question up! LOL

I don't see them dragging this out this long (confirming or denying that this is Heather) if SM had confessed in a way that gave them what they need to convict? Aren't TM and SM both back at J. Reuben? If so - maybe they've gotten information by listening/watching/investigating any contact between the 2? That might help them in the investigation - and lead them to believe that could be Heather - but again, not enough for them to stop worrying about the need for the gag order or at the very least to speak openly about the remains?

(still on my 1st cup of Joe - so I hope what I wrote makes sense! LOL)

I think they know more than they are saying and are choosing their words carefully. With the trial upcoming - if I were the solicitor - I would want the evidence to be sealed up tight and tied with a bow. I think that's why the move to the Texas lab - to confirm what they already knew in a more concrete fashion.

If I recall correctly - on NAMUS - it showed that Heather's DNA hadn't been processed yet (this was a few weeks ago) so maybe that's been part of why it's taken so long? We don't know what they used to capture her DNA (and I know very little about what they would need -- a hair from her hairbrush?) - so maybe there's problems there? A problem with Heather's DNA sample? <----someone smarter than I can probably clear that question up! LOL

I don't see them dragging this out this long (confirming or denying that this is Heather) if SM had confessed in a way that gave them what they need to convict? Aren't TM and SM both back at J. Reuben? If so - maybe they've gotten information by listening/watching/investigating any contact between the 2? That might help them in the investigation - and lead them to believe that could be Heather - but again, not enough for them to stop worrying about the need for the gag order or at the very least to speak openly about the remains?

(still on my 1st cup of Joe - so I hope what I wrote makes sense! LOL)

My first cup of tea. Didn't cindy anthony give the police a dog brush or something other than Caylee's at the beginning.

Everybody in california that is affected by the quake... best wishes and hope everyone is safe

Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2

Just speculating, but perhaps there is evidence found on computers, money transactions that put them in that direct area in FL, among other things that have led them to the possibility that it could be HE.... if they feel that a trial could be as early as wintertime, the evidence must be coming together and hopefully it is a good sign that they have accumulated and filled in all the question marks to confidently proceed with trial.
On another note... speaking of TM... what ever happened about her claim to be pregnant?

Here's an update from Friday. Have you all seen it already?

http://www.myhorrynews.com/news/crime/article_5dfdaea6-2a12-11e4-93d5-0017a43b2370.html

Salem
ETA: A quote:
Given that they are having such a hard time identifying these remains - 1st they went to the Univ of Florida and now to the Univ of Texas - I would think they had been there a really long time. But that doesn't make sense if the garbage bag, robe, sheet and blanket were still in good enough shape to be identified, kwim?
Strange.

I am thinking that the information that caused Horry County to contact Volusia County may be that they have cell phone pings in the vicinity that the remains were found. Also, I feel that the problems in identifying the remains could be because the body was first burned before being dumped. Just my thoughts.

I think the process of dumping Heather was more simplistic for them. The more elaborate you get, the more risks you have to take and in turn potentially more evidence left behind.

I know people close with the family, so I've gathered quite a bit on them. I don't necessarily think they are stupid, but somewhere down the line they will screw up, whether we're it's with forensics or just taking a plea once the cards are no longer stacked in their favor.

Sent from my SGH-T769 using Tapatalk 2

Why a curtain, sheet, and robe? Symbolic of something? Why risk their DNA being on them. If they were symbolic, they could've burned them with the body (if that's what they did). They were "smart" enough to make the body hard to ID, why slip up on this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Also in the beginning they kept saying they thought it was the remains of a young child? Well that could be the same as a petite woman, right? Like Heather....I REALLY hope whatever happened to her, happened quick and she didn't feel anything that they may have done to her....

Also in the beginning they kept saying they thought it was the remains of a young child? Well that could be the same as a petite woman, right? Like Heather....I REALLY hope whatever happened to her, happened quick and she didn't feel anything that they may have done to her....

The report of it being a child was somebody's early guess, and I'm betting it was based as much on the Mickey Mouse sheet as on anything about the remains themselves.

I am thinking that the information that caused Horry County to contact Volusia County may be that they have cell phone pings in the vicinity that the remains were found. Also, I feel that the problems in identifying the remains could be because the body was first burned before being dumped. Just my thoughts.

I agree, MommyPlatt. Wouldn't it be ironic if the curtains or the homemade Mickey Mouse print bed sheet photo was located on TM's social media, from a computer forensics investigation, and the key to their conviction?

They are in custody because of something found in the Moorers house.

There may have been blood in the truck console but I can't confirm or deny that yet...

Sent from my SGH-T769 using Tapatalk 2

(Why would they be so stupid as to use materials that could possibly be linked to them? Robe, sheet, etc...super hurried or panicked disposal?).

Jurisdictional linkage blindness, margarita25...Why communication is critical between law enforcement agencies in conjunction with Namus, VICAP, and other databases. Guess, the Moorers may have underestimated the HCPD investigator's determination locating HE's remains two states away, if they turn out to be her...

http://prtl.uhcl.edu/portal/page/pct/USN/TheSignal/Life?articleId=402

"Dr. Steven Egger addresses our most inner fears by researching the subject, defining ...Difficulty identifying a serial killer due to "linkage blindness,"

"linkage blindness," a term coined by DR Egger. "Police don't share information across jurisdictional boundaries," Egger said. "There's always some friction there." Agencies prefer to worry only about their own jurisdiction, instead of sharing information to work together to solve a murder. Egger says a serial murder investigation may, but not always, have as many as seven different crime scenes: the place the victim was initially lured, transportation to a different location, the place the victim was kept, transportation to another location, where the victim was killed, where the body was dumped, and where the weapon was dumped.

"The offender brings something to the crime scene, leaves something at the crime scene, and takes something away from the crime scene," Egger said when explaining his three part premise of a crime scene and the reason there is not always a lot of trace evidence.

I agree, MommyPlatt. Wouldn't it be ironic if the curtains or the homemade Mickey Mouse print bed sheet photo was located on TM's social media, from a computer forensics investigation, and the key to their conviction?

Yes, the irony indeed. Mickey did the not-so-Minnie in

:laughing:

Just a question. I thought the man said the remains/skull had long hair still attached to the skull? (I could be remembering other remains found, my apologies, if so)

The mitochondrial dna link only? It's a stalling process, imo. Just round it up and heard it in. asap.

I agree the remains may have been altered or else we have a super slow DNA foresic reasearch in the US. jmo Some test do take a lot longer. Major funding if it could speed up the millions of rape kits, the deaths of unknown people remains could be id'd...

Well I didn't think it was Heather, but now, I don't know!! It's so secretive, that I'm beginning to believe it might be.

"IF" it is Heather, then IMO, something happened to the body before it was wrapped in the pink robe, curtain, and Mickey sheet. Otherwise, wouldn't there have been some decomp or DNA within that fabric? I know DNA does decompose as well, and maybe the cold temps, then the heat made it impossible to find DNA on the fabrics. Still, marrow in a large bone should be possible. I just don't know!!! Of course there are so many missing women in FL alone that it could be just about anyone, yet, with whatever information they have obtained, they haven't announced that it isn't so and so, or so and so has been ruled out, etc. which we see in many cases.

Which leads me to wonder if some type of chemical was used to decompose the body before it was discarded on the side of the road. BUT, if that's the case, then where in the world would the body have been stored? I wouldn't think on their property, but at this point, who knows! A metal barrel and certain chemicals could decompose, and maybe even have started breaking down the bones as well. I don't know for certain how long it would take, or what chemicals, etc., but I know in taxidermy there's things that remove all flesh, ligaments, etc, from animals before they are mounted. I know that I've seen many deer heads with just the skull and antlers posted on fb from people that have cleaned the deer heads themselves. So it must be an easily accessible way to do it.

I've heard there are chemicals that can turn a complete body into liquid, but I can't say if that's fact or not. Or if the chemicals are something that anyone could purchase.

Without knowing if the Moorer's had purchased or had access to such chemicals, well, I just don't know.

Whoever this body is, I hope their identity is soon given back to them!!!

My personal opionion that doesn't mean much is, I think TM controlled SM to a sad point. Too sad but hey. He was a big boy and well over 18. They must have played that card to the end of Heather's life. Anti Social TM due to weight and down times due to manic feelings or depression, whatever, going on jobs with husband is ridiculous, putting handcuffs on your signifigant other...where the heck do those ideas come from, especially after the age of 12 or 13? Sick relationship, SM was trying to get out of it obvioulsly but did he stop it in anyway? I'm leaning nah. Dating Heather doesn't count. Both are pretty equal in guilt, at least to me unless SM's lawyer at least admits he's representing him for trial via brief news and docket that's not updated. gag me to death, gag order...sucks Yes, documents via Gov or local serve a lot better in cases. I'm not seeing updates as posted above. tyvm

My personal opionion that doesn't mean much is, I think TM controlled SM to a sad point. Too sad but hey. He was a big boy and well over 18. They must have played that card to the end of Heather's life. Anti Social TM due to weight and down times due to manic feelings or depression, whatever, going on jobs with husband is ridiculous, putting handcuffs on your signifigant other...where the heck do those ideas come from, especially after the age of 12 or 13? Sick relationship, SM was trying to get out of it obvioulsly but did he stop it in anyway? I'm leaning nah. Dating Heather doesn't count. Both are pretty equal in guilt, at least to me unless SM's lawyer at least admits he's representing him for trial via brief news and docket that's not updated. gag me to death, gag order...sucks Yes, documents via Gov or local serve a lot better in cases. I'm not seeing updates as posted above. tyvm

I've thought about this a lot. Is the reason there's filings by TM's attorney because he's a private attorney being paid big bucks and SM's attorney a public defender who's overloaded and just isn't ready to file for things yet? I've also wondered why, with SM being the father of the C's grandchildren and married to their daughter for so many years, they wouldn't be making sure he had a great attorney, too? I mean they lived right next door to them for a long time - apparently there was a good relationship between them? Now, suddenly, they leave him to a public defender? So many possibilities as to 'why' that would be! Is SM not concerned about his attorney because he wasn't involved? Did information come out that made TM's family cut ties with him? Do they blame him for this 'whole mess' since he had the affair? Is it a way to try and intimidate him (you WILL do/say/follow this line of 'theory' about what happened) - or you're on your own - no lawyer, no financial help, no nothing - and he refused?

Inquiring minds want to know! LOL

Just a question. I thought the man said the remains/skull had long hair still attached to the skull? (I could be remembering other remains found, my apologies, if so)

The mitochondrial dna link only? It's a stalling process, imo. Just round it up and heard it in. asap.

I agree the remains may have been altered or else we have a super slow DNA foresic reasearch in the US. jmo Some test do take a lot longer. Major funding if it could speed up the millions of rape kits, the deaths of unknown people remains could be id'd...

I've only read him saying "skull" with no mention of hair but maybe I missed something?

Can anyone tell me where I can find the pics of SM & TM's house, their camper and their trips to Disney (including the ones from inside the house)? I know they were on TM's Disney page at one time but now most of them won't show up there. Thanks in advance for any help!

Can anyone tell me where I can find the pics of SM & TM's house, their camper and their trips to Disney (including the ones from inside the house)? I know they were on TM's Disney page at one time but now most of them won't show up there. Thanks in advance for any help!

I tried to find them in the social media thread but was having a hard time. Google "Tammy Moorer Disney Camper" in the images section, camper photos come up. When I clicked on them I found a helpful Pinterest page where someone has grouped all the HE stuff together.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alicejean1980