HCPD contacts Florida LE about skeletal remains that were found

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is so frustrating that they have not been able to identify these remains yet. Or maybe they are able to?

Hello and Welcome Sonnet33! Great to have you with us.
I read the article about the body found in Florence and really can't figure out if they're talking about the body of the man that drowned when his car went into the lake, or if they found another body besides his. Article is about as clear as mud.

Sent from my HTC Glacier using Tapatalk 2

Welcome sonnet33!!

:wagon:

Welcome to the websleuths family, sonnet33!!

It is an oddly worded article, but I think "the body" they are referring to is the body of the 61 year old man whose vehicle went into the lake. I don't think it means they found an "additional" body while looking for him.

Thanks for being so welcoming you all! :)

TTF14, Thanks for clearing that up, the article is worded confusingly. It's a mystery to put together in itself.

The way it looked to me before rereading it now, was that they found the man's body then another while trying to remove the car and they were trying to identity the body.

Sorry about that everyone, it seemed possible and every possibility should be looked at when trying to find Heather.

Sad to say there are lots of bodies discarded out there. It's tempting to think every body found on the east coast between SC and FL is H.E. but there are a lot of missing people who have met a tragic end.

Sad to say there are lots of bodies discarded out there. It's tempting to think every body found on the east coast between SC and FL is H.E. but there are a lot of missing people who have met a tragic end.

That's the thing that makes me wonder about these remains. What made Horry County officials decide this case in particular, out of dozens if not hundreds up and down the east coast, deserved closer scrutiny? And they seem to have made contact before the information about the Micky Mouse sheets was available. The only thing I've been able to think of is that there's something about the location that made them suspicious.

That's the thing that makes me wonder about these remains. What made Horry County officials decide this case in particular, out of dozens if not hundreds up and down the east coast, deserved closer scrutiny? And they seem to have made contact before the information about the Micky Mouse sheets was available. The only thing I've been able to think of is that there's something about the location that made them suspicious.

It could be one of a couple of things. I remember from my LE days, police departments normally send out a teletype message in advance of news releases indicating they have located and unidentified dead body. The teletype message usually lists a few facts such as when, where and how the body was discovered. It also lists how the body was dressed and cause of death (if known). The teletype could have mentioned that the body was wrapped in Mickey Mouse sheets. The other idea could have come from cell phone records. Tammy and Sidney's cell records could have put them in the area of the location of the victim.

My opinion only.

What a good gag order they have in place, not one leak or speck of information has come out. I have a feeling that the DeLand remains will be Heather and waiting so long to hear is hard for me; I can't imagine her poor family. I am so surprised the weaker one, IMO, Sydney hasn't flipped and told all about Tammy. I can't stand the waiting and hearing nothing. God bless her family.

I've read somewhere among the hundreds of posts for Heather Elvis's thread that Sydney and Tammy looked at property to buy in Florida on one of the latest trips. Could the remains found with Mickey Mouse bedding have been located close to one of the properties they looked at?

Attorney for Tammy Moorer files motion for speedy trial in Heather Elvis case

http://www.myhorrynews.com/news/crime/article_bed8590c-425d-11e4-9bdf-001a4bcf6878.html

Awesome. From your link:

Tammy Moorer's attorney is asking a judge to speed up her murder trial in the Heather Elvis case, saying increased scrutiny of his client could have a detrimental effect on her defense...

“Based on the aforementioned authorities and given the prejudicial effects that Defendant may encounter considering the increased media surrounding Defendant’s case, Defendant hereby invokes all of her speedy trial rights as guaranteed by both the United States and South Carolina Constitutions,” the motion states.

Increased media coverage? There's been hardly anything lately. Whatever, bring it on.

Awesome. From your link:

Increased media coverage? There's been hardly anything lately. Whatever, bring it on.

:giggle: increased media coverage??? I wish! But yeah, I'm with you, hurry up and bring it on.

ETA: I notice it didn't read, "increased scrutiny of his client could have a detrimental effect on her pretend pregnancy." :rolleyes:

If they sat TM down today and showed her a video of herself and SM killing Heather,her response would be......So,just because you have us on video murdering this girl,that doesn't mean that we had anything to do with this!! Didn't you see my one and only interview where I said that we are only guilty of loving Disney?! That is the truth!! Stop bullying us!!! Yada...yada...yada...:facepalm:

Does anybody think this motion could have something to do with the remains in DeLand, as in fear of the results and their timing? Or is that just wishful thinking on my part?

Does anybody think this motion could have something to do with the remains in DeLand, as in fear of the results and their timing? Or is that just wishful thinking on my part?

Honestly,that is the first thing that crossed my mind but I don't know if I'm justified in thinking that? Also note that there is no mention of TM's "pregnancy". Not even as a reason for wanting a speedy trial.

Probably wishful thinking, but the same thought crossed my mind.

When is the imaginary baby supposedly due?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When is the imaginary baby supposedly due?
They were taken into custody on February 21st, seven months ago yesterday. So, unless there was an immaculate conception behind bars, I imagine the imaginary bundle of joy should be here within the next two months. :thinking:

They were taken into custody on February 21st, seven months ago yesterday. So, unless there was an immaculate conception behind bars, I imagine the imaginary bundle of joy should be here within the next two months. :thinking:

BBM
:silly:

JMO... My first thought on the reason for a speedy trial is so they can go into court and say that she's never been convicted of any other crime. TM has not had a trial for her Medicaid fraud charges yet.

Btw, TM is not listed on Walmart's Baby Registry. If that's not proof of no pregnancy, I don't know what is. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Patturelli