Health, Hygiene and Safety Tips for living under Coronavirus quarantine

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Video Conferencing, Web Conferencing, Webinars, Screen Sharing

My wife uses this for work, and play, and it's REAL cool. I'm not savvy enough to run it yet, but I saw her, and 4 of her friends, having 'happy hour' the other day. Everybody gets on, their pictures show up at the top, and the person that's talking takes up the whole screen. Crazy I tell ya!

Every particpant needs a device that has a camera and microphone.

It's like skype on steroids.

There's a free option, but there's also upgrades for $$$.

Video Conferencing, Web Conferencing, Webinars, Screen Sharing

My wife uses this for work, and play, and it's REAL cool. I'm not savvy enough to run it yet, but I saw her, and 4 of her friends, having 'happy hour' the other day. Everybody gets on, their pictures show up at the top, and the person that's talking takes up the whole screen. Crazy I tell ya!

Every particpant needs a device that has a camera and microphone.

It's like skype on steroids.

There's a free option, but there's also upgrades for $$$.
My daughter starts using ZOOM next week for her spring quarter classes that have gone online in the wake of coronavirus. I guess it must be pretty reliable if colleges/ universities are using it...

I’m so impressed - I have an at risk student in my house who didn’t think to bring the mask purchased prior to all this - and now we may not be able to retrieve it or the university stuff because of the stay home order - I think every mask helps flatten the curve so thank you
Go to Facebook and search Million Mask Mayday and look for your state. They might be able to help if s/he is at risk. I’m not part of that group, so I’m not sure.

So, the Storytellers Project is launching a series of national virtual storytelling nights as part of the USA TODAY Network’s response to the novel coronavirus. This live show will air on network websites and social channels, including Storytellers Project's YouTube channel and Facebook page, at 5 p.m. PDT/8 p.m. EDT on Thursday, April 2.

Organizers hand-picked the best stories from more than 1,000 to be told live. Five Americans from across the country will tell a true story that affirms our most deeply held values – hope, perseverance, compassion and love. They will tell their stories from their homes.

The first show is about love in all its forms, and will be on the Storytellers Project YouTube page.

“Feeling connected to community, and creating empathy and understanding is vital in times of uncertainty,” said Megan Finnerty, Storytellers Project founder and senior director. “And lifting up our most important, universally held values through storytelling is our full-time mission. Our whole hearts are in this project and this special live show.”
7f4c8f92-9019-43fb-8ef1-d7fbefb9bfde-CampOconnor12Jun2019-154-2.jpg

Kyle Mitchell, 34, of Phoenix is one of the tellers for the first episode of Storytellers Project Live. He is a veteran Army Ranger and routinely tells stories as part of his job as an educator and member of the Navajo tribe.
“We are all in this together and need to remember that, and if sharing a story will help in any way, then that's the least I can do,” he said.

“With a majority of our world constantly checking news outlets and social media for updates on the virus, it would be great to reconnect on a simpler humanistic level,” he said. “Storytelling is the oral tradition that got our ancestors through troublesome times and, once again, storytelling will get us through this.”
f0df18a1-70fd-4507-b76f-78e56daf8170-0212_storytellers_20.jpg

Pastor Lindsey Braun, 36, of Des Moines, Iowa, is eager to connect with people.
“It's easy to get scared and discouraged,” she said. “And when we're stressed, it's hard to imagine creative ways through this challenge. If sharing my story brings a smile or laughter to someone else, or helps them exercise their own imagination, how can I not?”

Since 2016, the Storytellers Project has curated and hosted more than 325 nights of true, first-person stories in more than 20 cities. These nights are not talks, lectures or discussions. They are stories told as front-porch visit, filled with intimacy, vulnerability and authenticity. Everyday Americans, and some celebs, tell stories in under 10 minutes with a focus on being entertaining.
Storytellers Project, amid coronavirus, to host April 2 virtual event

That’s a simple fix. It’s not a mandatory workout. It’s a dinner ticket. :D Forgive my silliness, but I’ve had teens & feel your pain. The good news is that the teen years, coronavirus, stress & loneliness will all pass. Sneak some chocolate & maintain control of the remote!♥️

A dinner ticket! I love it!

Who else is under a stay-at-home order?

I have self-isolated a week now. My office is expecting us back on April 2nd. They gave us 10 extra days of “corona time off” which I am using. Employees were allowed to work from home and keep those days for future use but I decided not to since it would be more of an inconvenience for me to pick work up as I live 70 miles away and I am trying to limit contact with others. I am hoping to get back on April 2nd and pick up work and start work from home by going once a week to drop off and pick up work. My employer hasn’t discussed yet what the next step is after April 2nd.

I am also wondering, since I live and work in the epicenter of this virus, if it is at all possible to get back to normal in a few weeks. The future is so confusing which is driving me crazy.

Anyway, thanks for letting me ramble, I think cabin fever is setting in. I was just curious if anyone else is under stay-at-home orders and what your thoughts are with when and if we can get back to work.

I have self-isolated a week now. My office is expecting us back on April 2nd. They gave us 10 extra days of “corona time off” which I am using. Employees were allowed to work from home and keep those days for future use but I decided not to since it would be more of an inconvenience for me to pick work up as I live 70 miles away and I am trying to limit contact with others. I am hoping to get back on April 2nd and pick up work and start work from home by going once a week to drop off and pick up work. My employer hasn’t discussed yet what the next step is after April 2nd.

I am also wondering, since I live and work in the epicenter of this virus, if it is at all possible to get back to normal in a few weeks. The future is so confusing which is driving me crazy.

Anyway, thanks for letting me ramble, I think cabin fever is setting in. I was just curious if anyone else is under stay-at-home orders and what your thoughts are with when and if we can get back to work.

I live in Fort Worth and we are under Stay at Home. I homeschool, and the academy we attend twice a week is doing phone classes. My husband is working from home. My daughter is immunocompromised so we were isolating for about a week before the order.

City-wide order by mayor to shelter in place here- Savannah, GA. Exceptions for “essential” goods & services only. Definitely stir-crazy here. No clue when this too shall pass.

We are under a stay at home order. I’ve isolated for two weeks with the exception of voting (only one other person in line). But we will have to go to the vet today to put one of our cats down. Will wear a mask and try not to cry until I get home.

I am in an "essential" business (legal) and we cannot work from home (owner won't allow it - it's just a cold, etc. - sigh). We have been self isolating (except for work and 2 trips to the grocery store) since March 16. I don't think things will be back to normal for quite awhile - I'm watching to see when Disney World and IOA open back up....
JMO

I am in an "essential" business (legal) and we cannot work from home (owner won't allow it - it's just a cold, etc. - sigh). We have been self isolating (except for work and 2 trips to the grocery store) since March 16. I don't think things will be back to normal for quite awhile - I'm watching to see when Disney World and IOA open back up....
JMO

My oldest lives in downtown Orlando and has been working from home and self-isolating since March 16th too.

I'm in nearby Bucks County, PA and we've been under a stay-at-home order for the past week with a projected end date of April 6th. I'm doubting we'll be free to go about our normal business by then, so I feel as if we're in "wait & see" mode.

I was lucky enough to retire early at age 54; I'm 61 now. My husband at age 71 is a semi-retired business owner (auto collision repair) who happened to have his second revision knee replacement surgery in February. He stayed in the hospital for a week and then went to a rehab facility for a week after that -- right as the virus began to take hold in the States. He's been home recovering which makes me happy because I'm not so sure he would be as careful as I am about sanitization if out and about. My nephews have been running the day-to-day operations of the business. Discussions between my nephews and husband have confirmed that they are faced with laying off almost all of the employees since business everywhere has come to a stand-still - people are not out driving, thus no cars to repair.

Future uncertainty is driving my anxiety through the roof. I feel that life as I've known it is forever changed.

We are under a stay at home order. I’ve isolated for two weeks with the exception of voting (only one other person in line). But we will have to go to the vet today to put one of our cats down. Will wear a mask and try not to cry until I get home.

I am so sorry. We have 2 cats and one is 15 years old and is losing his senses.

*virtual hugs to you*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members