Heart Shaped Sticker And Duct Tape #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is so creepy!
I am curious what profilers are saying about this.
And could it be that this detail made George break down?What does it tell him?

Ok. The sticker thing is very creepy and unsettling for me. It makes me look at in a couple different ways. First, maybe it was some crazy thing that only true psycopaths would understand....The other is that maybe the death was somehow (yes, despite the internet searches, etc...) accidental and that was KC's way of saying good-bye or trying to make he more comfortable since we all know that all little girls love stickers. I dunno. It's still creepy as heck to me!

Very creepy! :furious: I would like to think the death was accidental, but I just can't. If it had been an accident she would have called 911.

hearts to me mean love
or are symbolic of love
kinda like "sorry, my love"
i dont know, she's twisted, i can't think like her

This is so creepy!

It says KC did exactly what he hasn't been able to bring himself to face and she did it in a manner so cold and cruel that it defies words.

It says that his daughter has stared him in the eye and lied over and over again. It says KC, is a monster and he just can't stand to think about it. It means this time reality is so much worse than he ever imagined in his worst nightmare.

This is so creepy!

From what I read about the note, he believes she didn't do this. I can't get the sticker to fit either scenario, not a "kiss good-bye" or "anger". This part just doesn't fit anything I try to come up with. If she was taken by some pedophile I would maybe think it fits, but this is a mom.... I don't really know how to process this.

I think that KC probably had every intention of killing her daughter, I think she did it and then thought "I'll give her a nice send off" just like she probably did with her pets that had worn out their welcome, hence the blanket, toy, etc. The sticker was just decoration for Caylee's "funeral" in her twisted mind. I know its sick and this is JMO, but I really think that's all it amounts to, and then she never thought of it again. Sick sick girl.

The stickers could have been kept handy by KC as potty-training rewards--still allows for multiple interpretations of the motive for putting one on the duct tape, though. Prior to death to make Caylee think it was OK and fun, and intending to take it off and retrieve a live Caylee later? Prior to death to make Caylee think it was OK but knowing she would die? After death as a sick/mean gesture? After death in remorse? After death trying to mimic what she thought a mother with "real" emotions would do?

Funny you should mention this, early on someone on NG said Caylee had a potty/sticker chart on the fridge, but it was CA who did it. Not KC.

Of course a mother with 'real' emotions is not going to put duct tape across their babies mouth. So there would be no tape to apply a heart sticker to. Also, trying to think like a 'real mother' indicates a little spark of remorse, something we have certainly not seen in KC.

Very creepy! :furious: I would like to think the death was accidental, but I just can't. If it had been an accident she would have called 911.

I hate to even say this because i truly feel sorry for GA - i too am a dad of a girl about KC age. What if the stickers go back to a time when KC was little and GA or CA gave them to her and putting that one on Caylee was symbolic only to that family? Now if you want to get even more out of the box what if KC was given stickers for doing something that wasnt right? I cant even allow myself to type what I am thinking. My point is the sticker may be very symbolic to GA and CA and the fact GA tried to commit suicide is not coincidental. KC may have found a way to really strike back at GA assuming the body was found. I also find it very very disturbing that there has been no visits to KC after being charged. I no longer buy the excuse that they know the visits are recorded. I suspect now there is no way those parents could look her in the eye.

Along with the possibility of the heart being a tanning sticker, like some of us have previously mentioned in the first thread on this subject, I think LE has to look to TonyL as well. Who better to know about KC using the same heart stickers than TonyL? I'm sure she sent him cute little lovey dovey notes and added those stickers at some point. I bet LE had confiscated everything TonyL had from KC during July when they searched his apartment (letters, notes, etc. given to him by KC). (And sorry, I'm sure others have mentioned his connection to this earlier, but I didn't read through all the other posts).

I still believe the sticker was marking the spot where the mouth was under the tape, and that some sort of chloroform or other inhalation apparatus was rigged up in the trunk of the car. I keep thinking of anesthesia intubation with the tape, tubing, etc. Casey did look up inhalation on one of her searches and LE took the sprayers and the silver tubing thing in the search of the home.

Funny you should mention this, early on someone on NG said Caylee had a potty/sticker chart on the fridge, but it was CA who did it. Not KC.

Of course a mother with 'real' emotions is not going to put duct tape across their babies mouth. So there would be no tape to apply a heart sticker to. Also, trying to think like a 'real mother' indicates a little spark of remorse, something we have certainly not seen in KC.

True....perhaps the "trying to think what a real mother would do" came AFTER the duct-taping and then realizing that there was no way to take off the duct tape. "Oh, crap, I can't get it off, it looks awful...I know! I'll decorate it!" :furious:

Actually I know how she feels because I am a real mother and I am having a heck of a time trying to think what a sociopathic mother would do....

That Doc dump is a menace. We have had "Two" of just about everything. I printed the lot and you need to read over a few times to get bits of it. Very poorly worded.
Anyway: there is one sticker. They found the adhesive only on the tape and then found a sticker that matched back at the site. No mention if that was right there in the bag or somewhere further afield.

<bold by me>
Hercule, here is a plastic container full of heart stickers (or crafts of some sort) in the A's garage that was photographed today when they brought his vehicle back to the house:

http://www.wftv.com/slideshow/news/18548288/detail.html

Image 33 of the slideshow
Well spotted.
I missed it even looking for it, but see it now.

Worth a closer look by LE at the very least!

I hope some WS with contacts points it out!

What I was refering to in my original post was that there was only one sticker reported from the remains site. The adhesive on the duct tape and a coresponding sticker that had likely fallen off where that adhesive was.

The stuff in the garage doesn't look like stickers, but definately part of the heart obsession. Hard to imagine they are not covered by the blasted Warrant and a LE person standing Right there!!

Great job finding the bin of hearts. From what I saw from other recent photos, this is where Cindy keeps her holiday decorations. This would be her Valentine's Day box, perhaps. If you look at other (recent) photos of the garage (I'll see if I can find them), you will notice some Christmas wrapping paper in a plastic bin in the same area of the garage.

My son's kindergarten teacher read this exact book to the class on their first day (while all the Mommies were still there) and then gave each child a heart sticker and each Mommy a heart sticker. The children were to come to school the first few days with the stickers on their hands so that, when/if they got scared or homesick, the sticker would remind them they were loved and would be reunited with their Mommy soon.

I'd forgotten all about that until your post...how profoundly sad for Caylee.

I haven't read every post in this thread, so forgive me if this has already been mentioned.

I wonder if Caylee had this book:

http://www.amazon.com/Kissing-Hand-Audrey-Penn/dp/0878685855

We got it when my oldest went to preschool. It is about a racoon who doesn't want to leave his mommy. She kisses his hand to comfort him while he is at school.

Our copy came with a sheet of heart stickers that my son loved to put on his hands, cheeks, etc. If Caylee got this book, for example when she started going to "the nanny", and played with the stickers, that might be able to be traced back to the house.

I haven't read all three threads on this...tried to glance through 8 or 9 pages of them though.

To clarify, and correct me if I'm wrong, there were not TWO heart stickers found on scene, right? The way I read the doc dump, it almost appears as though there was one single heart sticker that HAD been placed on the duct tape and, probably due to the waters, had separated from the duct tape, leaving only the adhesive residue in the shape of a heart on the tape and the colorized heart that separated due to the waters was found elsewhere onsite. Is that correct?

~ Kelly

Hi DesertChild, That is what I learned on Jane's show last night, and it has been on my mind allot today. I keep seeing in my mind the promo of 'Silence of the Lambs', where the butterfly with open wings sits on the face where the lips would be :confused:

The TH who discussed the red heart sticker said a few things that really made a statement to me:

* First, she said the heart sticker was placed in a strategic area of the mouth.
* Secondly, she said it was absolutely amazing the {or a} heart sticker was found at the scene, and I think she said in the bag but not sure about that.

It made me wonder if that sticker was attached to the tape at the point where the center of the mouth would be.

If so, I would not think of it so much as tenderness on Casey's {or the killer'a} part, but fitting in with her genre, the art she had on her computer and so typical of her generation and mind-set. IMO and a hard one to explain ;}

I have to admit that report of the sticker stopped me in my tracks. I completely froze in my mind. It's so far beyond the pale that I can't even begin to evaluate what it may or may not mean.

I wish that some of those posters that are on the psychology thread would come over and share psychological insight as to what it may or may not mean.

Up until that report I had thought that this was the same as all the other stories of Mom's that kill their children.

But it's that sticker. That sticker is very unsettling to me.
I really don't think we need a psychologist to explain this. Our basic human reaction to it is repulsion and horror. Something is bizarre about this situation, and it's nearly inexplicable in ordinary words.

And something is badly wrong with Casey if she put that sticker there.

scandi said:
Hi DesertChild, That is what I learned on Jane's show last night, and it has been on my mind allot today. I keep seeing in my mind the promo of 'Silence of the Lambs', where the butterfly with open wings sits on the face where the lips would be
omg, Scandi ~ I've been thinking about that too! I hate that movie - saw it once and never again, because it's too creepy.

Here's the picture from the slideshow, image 33, that ggg found, of the stickers in the A's garage. Obviously hearts were a symbol to this family, and now that's certainly been twisted by what has happened!

http://www.wftv.com/slideshow/news/18548288/detail.html
heartstickers.jpg

I really don't think we need a psychologist to explain this. Our basic human reaction to it is repulsion and horror. Something is bizarre about this situation, and it's nearly inexplicable in ordinary words.

And something is badly wrong with Casey if she put that sticker there.

omg, Scandi ~ I've been thinking about that too! I hate that movie - saw it once and never again, because it's too creepy.

Here's the picture from the slideshow, image 33, that ggg found, of the stickers in the A's garage. Obviously hearts were a symbol to this family, and now that's certainly been twisted by what has happened!

Hi ThoughtFox, It is an OMG for me too, thinking further now, that it is something so specific and particular she placed on that tape, a duplicate of which would be easily located at the home, that could link Casey to the killing. And the important thing is it was put on the duct tape mouth seal before the bag was taped shut. We know that as there was the residue from the heart stickum still on the duct tape where it had been affixed, then with the moisture the paper slid off and floated to the bottom of the bag.

It certainly seems like Karma to me, and how meaningful, that a little red heart could help nail the killer of a little girl who has captured the hearts of millions of citizens who do care about what happened to her.

hearts_1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member