TX - Heidi Broussard, 33 Found Deceased, & Margo Carey, 2 weeks, Found Alive Austin, 12 Dec 2019 #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
^^@Optics

I also do not recall hearing the guest state that MF contacted SC AFTER HB went missing. I recall the guest stated that FBI started asking SC about MF about 5 days after HB went missing. Also recall the interviewer stating HB & MF were in constant contact during pregnancy and MF present at the birth of Margo which guest confirmed. MOO

That's right and considering she was busy trying to frame Shane, it wouldn't have worked, in that script, to be reaching out to him.

I also think they want to investigate the body, trunk and any potential weapons/restraints for DNA other than Heidi’s and MFs to rule out a third party murdered her. I don’t think any one else is involved and doubt the police do either but having this info before she’s charged w/murder might circumvent some potential defense claims from the start.
Well said. We all know it certainly looks bad for MF in terms of guilty of murder but the prosecutor will have to spell out how there is probable cause to believe they can prove every element of the statutory crimes at issue. This was a crime scene that spanned a lot of territory from Austin to Houston. And once LE identified their suspect, they didn’t have the luxury to methodically build a murder case because they had to swoop in to save little Margo (and I’m sure they hoped they might find Heidi alive but alas). So I understand why the murder charge is taking time to happen.

It said more charges are expected in the coming days. Not sure if that means more arrests.

I just listened to full interview with Mike, Shane's buddy, and he said Shane told him that the video showed Heidi in the back of the car and that another person may have been in there. Not sure how accurate that is since we haven't seen the video.
In the back of the car? I remember him saying the front because they recognized something she was wearing. I need my ears cleaned out.

It said more charges are expected in the coming days. Not sure if that means more arrests.

I just listened to full interview with Mike, Shane's buddy, and he said Shane told him that the video showed Heidi in the back of the car and that another person may have been in there. Not sure how accurate that is since we haven't seen the video.
I understand about the "charges" vs "arrests." My misunderstanding. However, IF there was someone in that car other than HB, baby and MF, I'm guessing there would be at least one more arrest. We'll have to wait and see if there's any truth to that.

It started on some guy's Youtube channel. He was emailed by the guy suggesting he could be Margo's father and it took off from there. He even accused Shane of murder. Total soap opera and a rotten thing to do to Heidi's family.
And those accusations and others' gossip were then picked up by other websites and printed for all to see and repeated as though they were facts. Disgusting and irresponsible of everyone involved. It becomes circular in that people can claim they heard it/saw it/read it on several different sources.

There is a link to the vigil, I posted a short while ago.
His father was briefly interviewed, He did not confirm DNA was back but he confirmed the baby is Heidi's and not Luna-the-imaginary-baby. He said they were able to know that. Shane was driving up to get baby Margot at that time and it felt very emotional. The vigil was really beautiful and meaningful and respectful.

The questions will be asked though because people are cruel by nature and there's very little we can humanly do to protect that guy from further abuse or savagery, just pray for him, is all.

I clicked the link, thank you! I just watched his Dad, and I'm in tears. Anyone that still has doubts about Shane should listen to it, his Dad said he has been so strong, and he told them everything, told everyone to tell them everything, he didn't care, he knew it was the only way to find Heidi and Margo because he didn't do it. His Dad seemed to understand what usually happens in these cases and had lawyers ready but Shane didn't want them.

It seems like he wasn't sure about the DNA and they were told that Margo coming home didn't depend on it. Legally, I wonder if this is because of something he had signed previously or whatever. I really don't care, that little baby is home where she belongs and is a little light in a very dark time for that family IMO

Can anyone direct me to the new photo's of her please :) I will watch my inbox! ;)

Will it be prosecuted as a Federal case, do you imagine?
No, not Federal crime. Murders are almost always state crimes unless committed in special circumstances. I suppose LE could be investigating any evidence of a murder for hire or sexual exploitation of a child case, but that would just complicate a seemingly obvious capital murder case. MOO

Here are 10 such circumstances in which a killing could be charged as a federal crime

1. Murder of an Elected/Appointed Federal Official (18 U.S.C. Section 351, 1751)
2. Murder of a Federal Judge or Law Enforcement Official (18 U.S.C. Section 1114)
3. Killing of an Immediate Family Member of Law Enforcement Officials (18 U.S.C. Section 115(b)(3))
4. A Killing Designed to Influence the Outcome of a Court Case (18 U.S.C. Section 1512)
5. A Killing Committed During Bank Robbery (18 U.S.C. Section 1111)
6. Murder Related to Rape, Child Molestation, and Sexual Exploitation of Children (18 U.S.C. Section 2248, 2251)
7. Murder Aboard a Ship (18 U.S.C. Section 2280)

8. Drug-Related Murders (18 U.S.C. Section 36, 924(i))
9. Murder for Hire (18 U.S.C. Section 1958)
10. Murder by Mail (18 U.S.C. Section 1716)

I also think they want to investigate the body, trunk and any potential weapons/restraints for DNA other than Heidi’s and MFs to rule out a third party murdered her. I don’t think any one else is involved and doubt the police do either but having this info before she’s charged w/murder might circumvent some potential defense claims from the start.

I recall a video newscast last Saturday citing that no murder charges had been filed yet because authorities still had not determined where HB was murdered.

Also stated they were likely waiting on more details and evidence to determine whether or not to charge as capital murder.

Considering how authorities won't even officially identify MF is the suspect in jail, I think they must have a reason for delaying the murder charge.

I'm happy to wait -- MF's not going anywhere.

No, not Federal crime. Murders are almost always state crimes unless committed in special circumstances. I suppose LE could be investigating any evidence of a murder for hire or sexual exploitation of a child case, but that would just complicate a seemingly obvious capital murder case. MOO

Here are 10 such circumstances in which a killing could be charged as a federal crime

1. Murder of an Elected/Appointed Federal Official (18 U.S.C. Section 351, 1751)
2. Murder of a Federal Judge or Law Enforcement Official (18 U.S.C. Section 1114)
3. Killing of an Immediate Family Member of Law Enforcement Officials (18 U.S.C. Section 115(b)(3))
4. A Killing Designed to Influence the Outcome of a Court Case (18 U.S.C. Section 1512)
5. A Killing Committed During Bank Robbery (18 U.S.C. Section 1111)
6. Murder Related to Rape, Child Molestation, and Sexual Exploitation of Children (18 U.S.C. Section 2248, 2251)
7. Murder Aboard a Ship (18 U.S.C. Section 2280)

8. Drug-Related Murders (18 U.S.C. Section 36, 924(i))
9. Murder for Hire (18 U.S.C. Section 1958)
10. Murder by Mail (18 U.S.C. Section 1716)
Kidnapping is usually federal.
Case of Brendt Christensen, murdered Ying Ying Zhang, Illinois.. Federal DP case. a car and a mobile phone were used to invoke interstate commerce and That was all the rationale they needed.
A murder committed in the act of a kidnapping/as a result of a kidnapping/

You know what, Seattle?

I have NEVER EVER, EVER seen the internet so wound , so unbalanced, so at war with itself and eachother, complete raving lunatics stoned podcasting the weirdest rumors and theories, as facts.

The stories are off the Richter scale crazy and insane.

I come to Websleuths for comfort and to straighten my mind after the turmoil of theories..

It is like a really angry storm and I never remember it being so savagely bad, not even in the wake of major terrorist attacks.

The energy is far more vicious , if I analyse it energetically ,from my own psyche.. it resembles a cutting biting snapping energy and I'm beginning to wonder whether it in some way mimics the nature of the crime that was conducted, the details of which are unavailable to us right now..

We have no idea what we're really dealing with and speculation is rife, vicious and sadistic.

The rules on this forum are for our protection too.
It makes us much better at what we do.
And it keeps us within sane margins
We are protected against ourselves and we are not permitted to hurt others.

Sorry for the lengthy post.
It's just the way it emerged, unplanned.
And Massive thanks to you @Tricia .
It wouldn't have happened without you.
Well, well, done!
I agree. It is absolutely horrible. As Lady Gaga said once, social media is the toilet of the internet. People don't even care what they say to perfect strangers. So glad we have rules here.

Kidnapping is usually federal.
Case of Brendt Christensen, murdered Ying Ying Zhang, Illinois.. Federal DP case. a car and a mobile phone were used to invoke interstate commerce and That was all the rationale they needed.
A murder committed in the act of a kidnapping/as a result of a kidnapping/
Kidnapping is a serious felony, but only becomes a federal crime if state lines are crossed, I believe. You’re correct about the capital murder. Any death that occurs in the commission of a felony can be tried as capital murder. I think the hold up is researching the case to decide just what charges they feel they can successfully prosecute. No rush.
Kidnapping - FindLaw

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member