Here come the copycats

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
ain't that the truth martha! ..but it's just the overwhelming odds of these crimes, being caused by males.. that never fails to blow me away, every time. to me it's a huge wake-up call that should be all over the news-- it's an epidemic... and i just want to know WHY. of course men have always been violent,, but jeez.. this is going to a whole new level, it seems. i can't help but think there is something else going on, beyond the 'boys will be boys' explanation.. something i can't quite put my finger on.

ain't that the truth martha! ..but it's just the overwhelming odds of these crimes, being caused by males.. that never fails to blow me away, every time. to me it's a huge wake-up call that should be all over the news-- it's an epidemic... and i just want to know WHY. of course men have always been violent,, but jeez.. this is going to a whole new level, it seems. i can't help but think there is something else going on, beyond the 'boys will be boys' explanation.. something i can't quite put my finger on.

Women's liberation? I'm only kidding, but I think males do not have the same role they used to in society.

Speaking for my own son and alot of his friends - they are often not quite as mature and seem to take alot longer to "figure out what they want to do", as women do. Although I'm sure that's not universal.

It's almost a joke around here - Well, what is ____ doing now? How many jobs has "so and so" tried now? Will he EVER settle down, do you suppose he'll EVER get married, that kind of talk about our sons.

But this deep, deep disturbance and penchant for violence has got to have some serious causes.

It is a dysfunction that is fed IMO. Whether he was told boys will be boys and no other admonishment was delivered or whether he was totally ignored. This started at home.

The rest is his own sense of self. However screwed up it is. His babbling and rambling sounds like years of talking to himself and justifying those thoughts.

My son, an engineering student at the University of Nebraska, just called to tell me about this:

Bomb Threat Leads to Evacuation at UNL

Three engineering buildings were evacuated on the UNL campus after someone called in a bomb threat.

The call came in to the Dean's office of the Engineering College shortly after noon. According to a university spokesperson, the caller said, "I planted a bomb in the building...".

The person answering the phone notified UNL police, then pulled the fire alarm leading to the evacuation of Othmer Hall, Scott Hall, and Nebraska Hall.

About 500 high school students and teachers were at the Engineering College for "E" Week events. University officials are exploring options for rescheduling those events.

http://www.kolnkgin.com/home/headlines/7122546.html

There was a bomb threat at my daughter's high school today. They were on lockdown for almost 4 hours.

My daughter txt'd me to let me know, and she said a teacher found some notes written that "something is going to happen today" and something else aout a bomb.

Some people have a sick sense of humor.

Yes,there are always the copycats.
There's a part of me that wishes there wasn't 24/7 media coverage on these kind of tragedys.Troubled people who want to become "famous" get off on this kind of attention,and feel they have nothing to lose,so at least die "famous".

It isn't just troubled people who want to become famous, although we surely need to worry about those. I am more worried, however, about those people with borderline personalities or other mental issues who IDENTIFY with Cho, who identify with the way he says he was treated by society.......those people won't be copycatting, they'll be planning their own revenge. Cho referred to the Columbine shooters as heroes: the mentally ill do not think like us, and I'm afraid there is another generation of people finding a new "hero"

These morons are too stupid to realize that dead is forever, where whatever small modicum of fame (or infamy) they acheive by these acts is momentary. Does anyone even recall the names of the two idiots from Columbine? (a rhetorical question)

I do. Eric Harris and Dylan Klebold.

There was a bomb threat at my daughter's high school today. They were on lockdown for almost 4 hours.

My daughter txt'd me to let me know, and she said a teacher found some notes written that "something is going to happen today" and something else aout a bomb.

Some people have a sick sense of humor.

We've had some incidents here in Lafayette, too. Yesterday a student at UL burst into a classroom screaming racial slurs and other ugly things.....he's been "banned" from campus before for causing some sort of ruckus while he was not a student, and he overcame that ban by enrolling. Hopefully, UL is taking a good hard look at this situation, and this guy will never float under the radar again.

I'm glad the incident at your daughter's school turned out to be a false alarm. I hope none of us never have to deal with the "real thing."

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
YouthSleuth98
Back