GUILTY HI - Carly Joann 'Charli' Scott, 27, pregnant, Makawao, 9 Feb 2014 - #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
He was at work all day. Went to the internet after and left for Hana in the late afternoon according to him.

I was mistaken about the times. No time given. But there are 9 of the "share"s posted on 2/9-- More than any other day's posts. Baffling.

How do we know that he was at work all day? Why did he delay with FB? "...left for Hana late afternoon..."? Don't get that at all. Was that on Sunday? Can you say where you heard that? We know he said he left at 8:30 with Charli. This is so odd. Thank you PeterTosh.

Why is that?

Presumably because the grandfather would not lie for him. :liar: But there I go, making assumptions again.

Maybe he would lie. Maybe he'd grab a shovel and help him bury the body. :dunno:

My personal feelings is that the clothes were planted in Keanae to take the search away from Haiku

Continuing to sound like a broken record here, but why choose Keanae ( other than it's far from Haiku) to plant the clothes? Isn't that where he claimed his truck was disabled? Or am I wrong? If it is the same area, wouldn't that just throw the spotlight on him?

Continuing to sound like a broken record here, but why choose Keanae ( other than it's far from Haiku) to plant the clothes? Isn't that where he claimed his truck was disabled? Or am I wrong? If it is the same area, wouldn't that just throw the spotlight on him?

How much more of a spotlight than was already on him? Presumably he had a choice.where to direct the heat. Haiku or Hana?

He ditched the dog that night in Keanae but realized the heat was back in Haiku(Which it was after her car was found at JAWS). He digs her back up and strips her so he can plant her clothes back iin Keanae to take the heat off Haiku. MOO

Going back through the media links to look at the items of clothing found: Blue polka dot shirt, black skirt, green blanket, gray jacket, a black pair of pants, a Twilight DVD, slippers, and two empty rolls of duct tape. The jacket and pants were not Charli's.

CHARLIWatch: Interview w/Kimberlyn Scott, Charli's mother - YouTube

This lends credence to the theory that the clothing was staged and that Charli may be nowhere near Hana Hwy.

He ditched the dog that night in Keanae but realized the heat was back in Haiku(Which it was after her car was found at JAWS). He digs her back up and strips her so he can plant her clothes back iin Keanae to take the heat off Haiku. MOO

Oh Gawd, I asked about that very possibility early on. Horrible to imagine but necessary to cover tracks. That could account for the presence of maggots.
:sick: MOO

How much more of a spotlight than was already on him? Presumably he had a choice.where to direct the heat. Haiku or Hana?

Right, I see your point. But why back to the very place he said his truck was disabled? Why would he want them found there? ( other than it was not Haiku)
Maybe the thinking of a panicking mind. MOO

I have often wondered why the clothes would have been removed. The possibility he tried to seduce her is one reasonably idea. Still bothers me, though. :moo:
But, if he dug her back up to remove her clothes ostensibly to lure suspicions away from Haiku, wouldn't the clothes have dirt all over them? Were the clothes, indeed, covered by dirt? Possibly dirt that could be traced back to a particular area? :moo:

Okay, now, what do we think the MPD is up to? Still waiting for forensics on the clothes? Slowly building an airtight circumstantial case?
Better keep all eyes on SC and his movements now.

Right, I see your point. But why back to the very place he said his truck was disabled? Why would he want them found there? ( other than it was not Haiku)
Maybe the thinking of a panicking mind. MOO

To place her in the spot she never was

Okay, now, what do we think the MPD is up to? Still waiting for forensics on the clothes? Slowly building an airtight circumstantial case?
Better keep all eyes on SC and his movements now.

Its not like they get a big bonus every time they solve a case. The incentives lie with the Perp as opposed to the victim.

Verified / Professional Posters

We are lucky enough to have posters from all walks of life with a broad spectrum of expertise. Some may have special inside knowledge about a case or be directly related to a player in the case. This is all extremely valuable information for the forum. However, we like to make sure that anyone posting as a professional in a specific area (doctor, lawyer, search and rescue, etc.), or as someone with inside information, truly is what/who they claim to be. Verification is 100% optional. No posters are required to become verified unless they wish to post inside or professional information. If you wish to become verified, please contact the owners at wsverify@xmission.com with your Websleuths name, your real name, the case, and your phone number and a good time to call. If you have any questions, contact a moderator.

Rules Etiquette & Information - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

He doesn't seem very smart.

In his interview, he says he knows the area her car was found because he has "driven by" it. It is literally impossible to drive by that area. You have to off road over iffy terrain for about 2 miles to get close to it. So no, you did not "drive by" it.

Then he says, when asked "is the baby yours?" "that's what I've been told", but then a little later talks about discussing baby showers and the sex of the baby with Charli.

He contradicts himself constantly. He just doesn't come across as very bright.

He very well could have planted her clothing at the scene of the truck, hoping it would look like she was attacked after he left. This could also be why he mentions so many times seeing her lights in his mirror - to excuse himself for leaving. He thought she was behind him the whole time, when really, she never left the site. If you think about it from a murderer's point of view, you're always going to be the last person to see her alive, so you have to make that work for you.

IMHO, he is guilty as hell.

"He very well could have planted her clothing at the scene of the truck, hoping it would look like she was attacked after he left. This could also be why he mentions so many times seeing her lights in his mirror - to excuse himself for leaving. He thought she was behind him the whole time, when really, she never left the site. If you think about it from a murderer's point of view, you're always going to be the last person to see her alive, so you have to make that work for you.
IMHO, he is guilty as hell." From Walkingdeadgirl

Bingo.....that's it, that's what I was missing. Thank you.
I've always believed him Guilty, and that the deed was done in Haiku.....just got too hung up on little points. He kept saying in the interview that he saw her headlights definitely until Twin Falls, so I figured that placing the clothes at the "truck site" would prove he lied about the headlights. Must start thinking like a murderer!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member