GUILTY HI - Carly Joann 'Charli' Scott, 27, pregnant, Makawao, 9 Feb 2014 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
That's a valid thought, but if you imagine that you are on a very dark, rural road past 11 PM on a Sunday night, how many drivers and how many cars would even be there to see you and what are the chances that they'd notice who was driving what car and if there was a passenger?

Anyone reckless and stupid enough to murder someone is not thinking rationally, IMHO.

I've driven that road during the middle of a day and couldn't tell you what the driver of any other vehicle looked like, I was too busy trying to stay on the road, dodge the cars parked along the side of the road, and not hit the people walking across the road to go see the waterfalls.

At night, in the dark, with no streetlights, it would be impossible to see the drivers of other vehicles.

When I drove it, all I remember was a lot of Mustangs and a lot of Jeeps. Couldn't have told you color or year.

Just a jot-
it isn't the passing drivers that pose the danger, it is that any glitch-car trouble of any kind, in that car, would seal his fate. I think he would know this.

Just a jot-
it isn't the passing drivers that pose the danger, it is that any glitch-car trouble of any kind, in that car, would seal his fate. I think he would know this.

Granted, if it broke down and he was outside of it, a passing vehicle/driver might see him and/or offer to help.

I've been having a problem following this thread for the past 100 posts because for some reason, I have blown margins on my computer, although I've seen where others don't. Can't figure that out yet. Keep hoping it will change with a new thread.

This is my long winded way to say that I may not be following this conversation properly and my post makes no sense in the big scheme of things. In that case, sorry.

This is the earliest news report I can find, so far. It is from 2/12 and updated 2/13 ( the day SC's interview was published) Below is a reference to "police sources"...what he told police....

Some other interesting things are there, too.

http://www.hawaiinewsnow.com/story/24707232/missing-womans-dog-found-search-continues-for-charli

Notes
The vid w/ Kimberlyn at 4:25-> says SC said she was wearing a dark blue dress or shirt.*
Q. Does this match the clothing found?

Scrolling down
"According to Maui Police sources, Carly went to Hana to help Steven Capobianco who was apparently stuck in Hana. * He reported to police that she was following him back to Haiku but all of a sudden, she was gone."

Just a jot-

So... what is your alternate theory? Did you think he drove his truck? Do you think he had an accomplice?

This is the earliest news report I can find, so far. It is from 2/12 and updated 2/13 ( the day SC's interview was published) Below is a reference to "police sources"...what he told police....

Some other interesting things are there, too.

http://www.hawaiinewsnow.com/story/24707232/missing-womans-dog-found-search-continues-for-charli

Notes
The vid w/ Kimberlyn at 4:25-> says SC said she was wearing a dark blue dress or shirt.*
Q. Does this match the clothing found?

Scrolling down
"According to Maui Police sources, Carly went to Hana to help Steven Capobianco who was apparently stuck in Hana. * He reported to police that she was following him back to Haiku but all of a sudden, she was gone."
Again, the references to a disabled vehicle all seem to come solely from Steven. I have yet to find an independent source that gives credence to a "broke down truck". Even police seem to be repeating what Steven told them.

Charli's sis said she told her she was going to help Steven but did Charli actually say she was going to help him with a truck? Perhaps the reason why it's not public information as to what Charli's last words were to her family is because this is something that might trip up the killer and his/her alibi.

I'm stuck on this and until I find something in print that points to Charli's knowledge of Steven's plea for mechanical aid PRIOR to her leaving her cozy cabin in Makawao, I'm going to call BS on Steven's story and look at him a little closer. Too bad nearly two months have gone by and any evidence of struggle in the area would be long gone.

So... what is your alternate theory? Did you think he drove his truck? Do you think he had an accomplice?

MOO
Frankly, Kapua, I think I am out of my league here. I can only eliminate what seems highly improbable to me. I would say that if Charli made it down the Hana Highway, he would likely have needed assistance. If she did not get beyond Haiku/Pe'ahi, he could have done it alone. But I tripped over some points I hadn't thought of, making me look at the Keanae area.

He could have driven the SUV up and down the road, but I think that he would want to avoid that (as I have already said, too much), so someone else there would be helpful. This is very hard to talk about.

His story is so inconsistent. It has never been plausible to me that his truck was even there. It wouldn't need to be, either. It could have been anywhere. Home. With an accomplice. Down at Pe'ahi. Where the clothes were found. Anywhere. I just can't believe a guy would wait til it's that late and pitch dark to call on someone like Charli (w/everything: baby, early job, to drive all the way out there, their history, etc) and then think the story sounds normal. One thing that makes this so hard is his total flakiness. A shrewd little rat even in the unlikely event that he didn't "do it".

I'm sorry. It's as if his flakiness gives him cover, because it makes his actions so hard to read. Remember, according to his own FB page, on the entire afternoon of the 9th, 3 something o'clock, he was sending multiple idiotic picture "share"s. One right after the other. Seemed like 10 of them but might not've been that much. But, what in the world was he up to? Not doing anything about his "truck". Was he somewhere else -- preparing a crime scene--with someone (tweeker friend) shooting off the "share"s on his FB to give him an alibi for something no-one's discovered or thought of yet? How do we make sense out of that?

I don't have a theory yet. But I'll try.

Again, the references to a disabled vehicle all seem to come solely from Steven. I have yet to find an independent source that gives credence to a "broke down truck". Even police seem to be repeating what Steven told them.

Charli's sis said she told her she was going to help Steven but did Charli actually say she was going to help him with a truck? Perhaps the reason why it's not public information as to what Charli's last words were to her family is because this is something that might trip up the killer and his/her alibi.

I'm stuck on this and until I find something in print that points to Charli's knowledge of Steven's plea for mechanical aid PRIOR to her leaving her cozy cabin in Makawao, I'm going to call BS on Steven's story and look at him a little closer. Too bad nearly two months have gone by and any evidence of struggle in the area would be long gone.

I totally agree that his story is BS. As many have pointed out, who calls a pregnant woman when they have car problems? The lies just multiply from there, IMHO.

In addition, he's very unspecific about what exactly is wrong with his truck, but it only takes him 10 minutes to fix it in the dark. Riiiiiiight. He's the master mechanic... Is anyone buying this?

Charli's cell phone's last ping occurred at approx. 11 PM near Keanae. He claims to have made it home by 10:30.

Etc., etc., etc.

QUESTION: Has anyone read an actual quote from the Scott family that says, "Charli told me she was going to help Steven - his truck was stuck?" or anything along those lines?

I've searched all over looking for an interview with the sister(s) that say Charli actually left home with the intention of helping Steven's disabled car.

As far as I've read, Steven is THE ONLY ONE to mention his truck was stuck and everyone has taken his word for it that he and Charli left his home together.

I'd like to know exactly what Charli told her sister before leaving. It would either validate or discredit Steven's public interview.

I think Steven's broke down ride is a BS story and Charli's in Haiku.
This was what made me believe Charli told her sister that she was going with SC:

"According to Carly's sisters, she may have gone out there to help her estranged ex-boyfriend -- who is the father of her baby."

http://www.hawaiinewsnow.com/story/24698689/maui-police-search-for-missing-pregnant-woman

It was the "may" that made me think this. If SC had told Brooke Cahrli HAD gone, I wouldn't think it would be written as "may", but they wrote "sisters" instead of "sister", so it could have been a misprint.

MOO
Frankly, Kapua, I think I am out of my league here. I can only eliminate what seems highly improbable to me. I would say that if Charli made it down the Hana Highway, he would likely have needed assistance. If she did not get beyond Haiku/Pe'ahi, he could have done it alone. But I tripped over some points I hadn't thought of, making me look at the Keanae area.

He could have driven the SUV up and down the road, but I think that he would want to avoid that (as I have already said, too much), so someone else there would be helpful. This is very hard to talk about.

His story is so inconsistent. It has never been plausible to me that his truck was even there. It wouldn't need to be, either. It could have been anywhere. Home. With an accomplice. Down at Pe'ahi. Where the clothes were found. Anywhere. I just can't believe a guy would wait til it's that late and pitch dark to call on someone like Charli (w/everything: baby, job to drive all the way out there, their history, etc) and then think the story sounds normal. One thing that makes this so hard is his total flakiness. A shrewd little rat even in the unlikely event that he didn't "do it".

I'm sorry. It's as if his flakiness gives him cover, because it makes his actions so hard to read. Remember, according to his own FB page, on the entire afternoon of the 9th, 3 something o'clock, he was sending multiple idiotic picture "share"s. One right after the other. Seemed like 10 of them but might not've been that much. But, what in the world was he up to? Not doing anything about his "truck". Was he somewhere else -- preparing a crime scene--with someone (tweeker friend) shooting off the "share"s on his FB to give him an alibi for something no-one's discovered or thought of yet? How do we make sense out of that?

I have several theories, but they may all be wrong. It is so hard to get inside the mind of somebody crazy-evil enough to murder a beautiful pregnant woman. At this point, I am just trying to keep an open mind. We have so few solid facts to go on. I don't even trust some of the MSM articles. I sure wish we had the cell phone tower dump for openers.

You are so right. That is the foundational question. It's nagging and nagging. Have Charli's mother and sisters not said anything definitive all this time? Anything?

Does the Hana Hwy straighten out somewhat (in the direction SC was supposedly driving) after Twin Falls? If so, that could account for SC supposedly picking up his speed there. Mentioning TF could just be an embellishment of a psychopathic liar who expects everyone will believe him.
Yes, it does straighten out considerably. In addition, if Charli was going to head straight home, and not follow SC all the way back to Haiku, she might have normally turned off on 365, past Twin Falls and before Haiku, to head toward her own home.

https://www.google.com/maps/ms?msid=217392837830814032642.0004f27c34f418f269993&msa=0&ll=20.890089,-156.239491&spn=0.112264,0.227623

Here is another 2/11 quote from

http://www.hawaiinewsnow.com/story/24698689/maui-police-search-for-missing-pregnant-woman

>"He is the one who called her on Sunday night after she got home and asked her to come out and get him because he supposedly got his car stuck out there. *He is the last person to have seen her," said Carly's mother.

>I did not realize that the highway straightened out there or that the turn-off was pretty soon after Twin Falls. Yet, according to SC, she was spotting him in case the truck failed en route. He also said, "And then we came back to Haiku. And I'm pretty sure I saw her lights in my rearview the entire time."

(and then he said, "I'm absolutely certain I saw her headlights in my rearview mirror until I got to Twin Falls and then I started speeding up 'cause I drive a little faster than she does." but THAT'S another story...)

Citing interview
http://www.hawaiinewsnow.com/story/...yfriend-of-missing-pregnant-maui-woman-speaks

My personal feelings is that the clothes were planted in Keanae to take the search away from Haiku

This was what made me believe Charli told her sister that she was going with SC:

"According to Carly's sisters, she may have gone out there to help her estranged ex-boyfriend -- who is the father of her baby."

It was the "may" that made me think this. If SC had told Brooke Cahrli HAD gone, I wouldn't think it would be written as "may", but they wrote "sisters" instead of "sister", so it could have been a misprint.

Before Charli allegedly went to pick up SC, she had been at her sister's house. Not sure which sister. Then she apparently had gone home, then gone to get SC. I recall the press conference with MPD on Feb 18th; the police had stated that the last person to have seen Charli was her sister, then they said something about Steven as well. Maybe because they cannot confirm his story? Not sure. But anyway, that may be why? Maybe Charli had been at her sister's house when he called her.

MOO

His story is so inconsistent. It has never been plausible to me that his truck was even there. It wouldn't need to be, either. It could have been anywhere. Home. With an accomplice. Down at Pe'ahi. Where the clothes were found. Anywhere. I just can't believe a guy would wait til it's that late and pitch dark to call on someone like Charli (w/everything: baby, job to drive all the way out there, their history, etc) and then think the story sounds normal. One thing that makes this so hard is his total flakiness. A shrewd little rat even in the unlikely event that he didn't "do it".

He was at work all day. Went to the internet after and left for Hana in the late afternoon according to him.

He also said, "And then we came back to Haiku. And I'm pretty sure I saw her lights in my rearview the entire time."

We CAME back to Haiku. Not we were going back to Haiku or we started our way back to Haiku, he said we CAME back to Haiku as in they made it back to Haiku. I think there was a slip of the tongue here. He later goes on to say that he was absolutely certain he saw her headlights in his rear view mirror and that it was around Twin Falls. What was it? They came back to Haiku or he last saw her around Twin Falls?

I still think Haiku is the ticket. I think that's where they need to search. All that stuff being dumped all along Hana Hwy is just red herrings, trying to deflect the attention away from Haiku. She may have never made it out of Haiku. He may have killed her there after she got to his place and he took her and dumped her, then took Nala and her stuff and dumped it along the hwy. That's MOA (my opinion anyway.)

My personal feelings is that the clothes were planted in Keanae to take the search away from Haiku

That's what I have thought too, but the question was presented: why would he plant them so close to where he said he went with Charli to his truck, according to his story. Would that not incriminate him? I hope I've done justice to the person on who pointed that out. But even more, I hope you have a really good answer because the rest of that scenario seems to make so much sense.

That's entirely possible, and one of my theories, too. I'd like to know a bit more about the grandfather's property he lived in. Was it an `ohana unit? Or did he have a room in the main house? Was his grandfather in the habit of retiring early? And did the police interview him? SC could have changed his story the minute that Charli came over. He could have told Charli, "There's nothing wrong with my truck, I just wanted to talk to you." And then left Nala in the house (or Charli's SUV) and taken Charli for a walk out back. Everyone would be looking all up and down Hana Hwy. and she could be in Haiku the whole time. But he would have had to do this without his grandfather suspecting anything.

That's what I have thought too, but the question was presented: why would he plant them so close to where he said he went with to his truck, according to his story. Would that not incriminate him? I hope I've done justice to the person who pointed that out. But even more, I hope you have a really good answer because the rest of that scenario seems to make so much sense.

Maybe he figures that without a body, the prosecution doesn't have a case. There have been several successful body-less murder cases tried, but usually, the State prefers to have a body. He thinks that he's put the body in a place where nobody will ever find it. He's not too concerned that evidence is showing up in different places. Maybe he even likes playing cat-and-mouse with the police.

These psychopaths are cocky. They do not think like you and I. You could have asked a similar question about Scott Peterson back in the day. Scott told the police where he went fishing in SF Bay. And Conor and Laci's bodies washed up on shore not far from that spot 4 months later.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member