GUILTY HI - Carly Joann 'Charli' Scott, 27, pregnant, Makawao, 9 Feb 2014 - #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not sure if it's good to post this, or if anyone is interested in poetry, but I wrote this poem recently about Charli Scott and the sad crime that took her life. Sorry if this isn't relevant to sleuthing, but I know this is an emotional case, and I wrote it to help with my own feelings about her murder.
The first part is from the perspective of her killer, the second part is Charli's perspective.

Off-Island -
A Poem for Charli Scott

You were standing stock still
Flame haired, Elizabethan,
Like Venus on a half shell.

Thumb stuck out playfully,
you jesting hitchhiker.
Taking a silly bow,
You trusting fool.
I'll admit it’s fun
Being with you.

Emerging out of the night
And into the light,
You sat down with a crash
Face framed against the dash,
In the thin illumination
Of the truck’s cabin lamp.
And just outside
Something stirred
In this horrid, sordid night.

Drizzling now,
Our windows are down.
You can lean into me
As we take the curves.
Laugh aloud
If it calms your nerves.

I’ve driven this stretch a hundred times,
With its steady croak of lonely frogs,
Raindrops on leaves and soggy logs.
Padding tires on moist asphalt
My hand on your belly…
This is kind of your fault.

Waterfalls crash,
just out of sight.
The jungle alive,
on this sordid night.

……..

So he pulls the truck in
near Nua’ailua,
A moan from the brush
I hear, ‘Auwe Akua.’
The ancient onlookers,
they see what I can’t:
The smirk in his smile,
The veins of his hand.

I see the ancients clearly,
Sense that they can see
The pain now being
Inflicted on me.
And my angel, my baby:
Please slumber through slaughter,
Go gently, easily -
GOD, I'M SOMEBODY'S DAUGHTER!!

The kapu is broken,
the cord is snapping.
Na lapu, I sense them,
I can see Ku clapping.
Ka’ena beckons,
violent winds lashing.
And with my last heartbeat,
I rage on, thrashing.
My body is ravaged,
but my soul feels free!
Intangibles compete
With this reality.

My beautiful child,
so precious in place.
His sleeping soul,
and scrunched-up face.
He’s off to the side,
bundled in brush,
Seen to by the ancients,
In a tender hush.

The man gathers my body,
pulling it round.
He doesn’t know
That I’m not body-bound.
As I rage and blast forward,
Clawing his eyes,
Something clicks into place:
All of his lies.
Of he who took me,
eternally,
off-island.

Back at the Hui,
don’t you know that I’m with you?
I’m standing right there…
smoothing your hair.
My ministrations to cool you.

That was very powerful and chilling, Moxie. You have a real talent.

I'm not sure if it's good to post this, or if anyone is interested in poetry, but I wrote this poem recently about Charli Scott and the sad crime that took her life. Sorry if this isn't relevant to sleuthing, but I know this is an emotional case, and I wrote it to help with my own feelings about her murder.
The first part is from the perspective of her killer, the second part

Off-Island -
A Poem for Charli Scott

You were standing stock still
Flame haired, Elizabethan,
Like Venus on a half shell.

Thumb stuck out playfully,
you jesting hitchhiker.
Taking a silly bow,
You trusting fool.
I'll admit it’s fun
Being with you.

Emerging out of the night
And into the light,
You sat down with a crash
Face framed against the dash,
In the thin illumination
Of the truck’s cabin lamp.
And just outside
Something stirred
In this horrid, sordid night.

Drizzling now,
Our windows are down.
You can lean into me
As we take the curves.
Laugh aloud
If it calms your nerves.

I’ve driven this stretch a hundred times,
With its steady croak of lonely frogs,
Raindrops on leaves and soggy logs.
Padding tires on moist asphalt
My hand on your belly…
This is kind of your fault.

Waterfalls crash,
just out of sight.
The jungle alive,
on this sordid night.

……..

So he pulls the truck in
near Nua’ailua,
A moan from the brush
I hear, ‘Auwe Akua.’
The ancient onlookers,
they see what I can’t:
The smirk in his smile,
The veins of his hand.

I see the ancients clearly,
Sense that they can see
The pain now being
Inflicted on me.
And my angel, my baby:
Please slumber through slaughter,
Go gently, easily -
GOD, I'M SOMEBODY'S DAUGHTER!!

The kapu is broken,
the cord is snapping.
Na lapu, I sense them,
I can see Ku clapping.
Ka’ena beckons,
violent winds lashing.
And with my last heartbeat,
I rage on, thrashing.
My body is ravaged,
but my soul feels free!
Intangibles compete
With this reality.

My beautiful child,
so precious in place.
His sleeping soul,
and scrunched-up face.
He’s off to the side,
bundled in brush,
Seen to by the ancients,
In a tender hush.

The man gathers my body,
pulling it round.
He doesn’t know
That I’m not body-bound.
As I rage and blast forward,
Clawing his eyes,
Something clicks into place:
All of his lies.
Of he who took me,
eternally,
off-island.

Back at the Hui,
don’t you know that I’m with you?
I’m standing right there…
smoothing your hair.
My ministrations to cool you.

That blew me away! You have outrageous talent. That's going to haunt me now. Your words morph into visions.

When you guys were first talking about the pictures in the painting I brushed it off because I didn't think Steven would be talented enough for this painting. I flipped through again and someone pointed out the dog and I thought wait.a.minute. I see that too. I see a guy at the bottom. I see the guy in a mask....I need to look at this again!

I hope you picture sleuthing guys come back in here to check this out! I started messing around with the contrast and lighting and everything just popped out once some of the shading and highlighting is taken away.

The painting was done in layers. So first the skull and the main figures that the painter wants to soften up are laid down first and eventually, using color and brush stroke patterns those pictures blend into the background enough that they turn into another picture.

If he didn't have the skills himself, he could have a friend that does or he could hire someone else to paint it but the person would tell the artist what key pictures to embed within the skull flames painting.

I've outlined the shapes for:

1. Lower Left - A red haired woman on the left side facing dark haired man who is facing her. Could be something in his right hand.
2. Center Left - Dog running - stripe goes from behind head to end of tail.
3. Middle - Dark haired person with bandana over nose and covering the rest of their face.
4. Right Center - Shape of baby laying on a blanket with halo over his head.

Yes, I do think this painting is deliberate now. I don't know who painted it but LE should definitely find out who did because that person probably knows who killed Charli!

View attachment 56116

As far as middle goes. Instead of a dark haired person with a Bandana howabout a Re Haired person with White Sunglasses?1981982_270071233173582_304566928_n.jpg1981982_270071233173582_304566928_n.jpg

I see the face with white sunglasses. I also see a very small perfectly clear wolf face. No imagination necessary. You just really have to mess with the colors/contrast/tint of the picture to see some of this stuff. It seems to me, as someone mentioned before, there are layers to this painting that include imposed pictures under the paint. I'm not an artist so I'm not sure how to describe it.

oddsocks, the images are there. Take the time to play around with it and you'll see it all.

oddsocks, the images are there. Take the time to play around with it and you'll see it all.

I'm glad someone brought up the painting again, as I forgot to post the details of my lengthy, but largely fruitless, search a few days ago. I spent somewhere in the realm of 5 or 6 hours searching for any info regarding the painting.

I did dozens of image searches of the artwork posted in the "Art" album on his FB page. I was hoping to identify the artists and check out their other work. I'm not sure what I was looking for exactly, but I was hoping that something would catch my eye. I was able to identify a good number of the artists of those pieces, but I didn't come across anything very helpful. One thing I did find interesting was that there were a couple artists who do a lot with optical illusions and hidden pictures in their artwork. (If anyone is interested in any additional info about the specific artists or pieces I was able to identify, just ask! I thought I'd avoid boring everyone with the specifics for now.)

I also spent a good chunk of those hours searching for another picture of the skull painting. If you haven't tried it, googling the lightened version of the painting results in completely different "similar image" results. Because of the heavy shadow in the photo of the painting, I don't think we can rely on google image search giving us an accurate answer about the picture existing elsewhere on the web. So I spent a ton of time manually searching through skull watercolors, but didn't find anything too helpful. Though I did have a thought about the tattoo theory. I got the impression that watercolor tattoo artists tend to specialize in that style and really market that uncommon technique. So I was going to do some sleuthing for watercolor tattoo artists in HI, but I didn't get around to it. If anyone else looks into it, I'd love to hear your results!

One more thing - anyone that knows more about the topic, is there a way to guesstimate what the colors and lighting of the painting actually look like? If so, a version of the photo that has a more accurate representation of the colors and lighting might make for a more fruitful google image search.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tattoo artists often use watercolour to paint traditionally. It isn't uncommon.

With the watercolors you start with the light and blend in the dark which is kind of opposite how we are wired to view things.

Capobianco was due in court 8/7/14 but they didn't transport him because of the storm and rescheduled 8/14/14, 1pm.

Originally Posted by heartgoesout
"Do inmates have access to the internet?"
Reply by Mammamerced
"Good question.........they have access to phones, so quite probably also the internet. If so, I would hope the usage is monitored."

I hope he does and reads these. I hope he reads Moxie's beautiful poem. I hope his eyes are opened.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member