GUILTY HI - Carly Joann 'Charli' Scott, 27, pregnant, Makawao, 9 Feb 2014 - #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
OT: I just received a summons for jury duty. LOL. I must report Nov. 1.

My IP address will reveal that I am in beautiful Seaside, CA as advertised. I haven't been to Maui in... probably 4 years.

I'll take Cali too. 10pm here and it's 46 degrees. Cold for this time of year here.

Kapua, you can dress up like Princess Leia like Tina Fey did on "30 Rock" trying get out of jury duty.

Kapua, you can dress up like Princess Leia like Tina Fey did on "30 Rock" trying get out of jury duty.

Hmmm... Nov 1 is Dia de los Muertos, so I could get pretty creative with the attire...

I'm truly sorry for derailing this thread with unsubstantiated accusations. I was looking for answers and paranoia set in over a mistrial. I should've been praying when I was preying.

Charli is the focus here not bickering and finger pointing. Maybe we should use this break in testimony to step back and recharge our batteries?

I'll take Cali too. 10pm here and it's 46 degrees. Cold for this time of year here.

Well it rained here . (for like 10 minutes. The every morning rain. Now the sun is coming out. Shoot. I have to go to the beach.

Which leads me to my next point of inquiry. We have hashed it out over the last 2 years and have had pretty square in our minds for some time what happened. Not alot of new from us as we watch the trial proceed. My curiosity is truly "Why"? Too much jungle? Too much rain (Kalipo is on the rainy side of Haiku). Too much Aloha? Too much Freedom? Or something more sinister buried deep in his soul where he has manifested his destiny. Some Karmatic spin of the wheel where he is doing penance for some evil in his past lives or just the balance for the paradise in which he lived in this one? We know he had been cheated on (more than once apparently) and obviously felt lack of worth because of it and possibly meant to show Charli the same. Lack of worth founded on his relationship with his mother perhaps? What does his future hold that was so possessive that he couldn't come up for air to recognize it for what it truly was? Did he really think he could get away with it?

Well it rained here . (for like 10 minutes. The every morning rain. Now the sun is coming out. Shoot. I have to go to the beach.

Which leads me to my next point of inquiry. We have hashed it out over the last 2 years and have had pretty square in our minds for some time what happened. Not alot of new from us as we watch the trial proceed. My curiosity is truly "Why"? Too much jungle? Too much rain (Kalipo is on the rainy side of Haiku). Too much Aloha? Too much Freedom? Or something more sinister buried deep in his soul where he has manifested his destiny. Some Karmatic spin of the wheel where he is doing penance for some evil in his past lives or just the balance for the paradise in which he lived in this one? We know he had been cheated on (more than once apparently) and obviously felt lack of worth because of it and possibly meant to show Charli the same. Lack of worth founded on his relationship with his mother perhaps? What does his future hold that was so possessive that he couldn't come up for air to recognize it for what it truly was? Did he really think he could get away with it?
Excellent questions.

i have a feeling, no proof, that he was convinced the baby would be a boy, and that he saw it as a variation on his life. A son with women raising him and a father who was out of the picture. His mother took his father to court for child support when SC was 5 or 6, although the age may be off a bit. That's all the connection there seemed to be. His father was in NJ as far as I can tell, and may have had a breaking and entry conviction (at least someone of his name and probable age group from NJ did).

I do think the lack of input or control he had caused him to lash out.
i don't really buy into the paradise idea. Life is life, and the tropics are not Paradise. Suicide rate here is very high.

Risk vs. Reward vs. Consequence
Not comparable to murder, but change the wording to fit Charli's murder and it's the same ...

If one cheats on a test the rewards are potentially greater than the consequence. Better grade, better college, better job, more money, better house, better car, better clothes, better vacation, etc.

vs. the perceived life without that great grade. In the mind of the cheater the risk of being caught is substantiated by the perceived rewards of not taking the risk.

Maybe this person has been told their whole life one bad grade will ruin your future. Maybe this person watched someone they love suffer from a bad grade.

Maybe to this person, the consequence of getting caught cheating was better than the consequence of the bad grade. Choose your hell per say.

I'm wondering if the jury will believe SC did this. Its one thing to believe he had the motive but this was a truly terrible murder. Its not for the faint hearted.

Agree. I've said before people want to believe it had to be some crazed violent stranger that escaped from prison and looks like the Joker from Batman. It's hard to swallow it was her boyfriend.

Im really stuck on his lack of self worth. Taylor cheating on him. Making him feel unworthy. Him taking his hurt out on Charli and making her feel worthless. Showing how valueless (in his mind) she was by killing her.

He slashed Taylors tires. He robbed her. He was beat up by this relationship. She is gorgeous and comes from money. He couldnt see straight.

Cass was a fair consolation prize but he was still seeing Taylor. Holding on

Im really stuck on his lack of self worth. Taylor cheating on him. Making him feel unworthy. Him taking his hurt out on Charli and making her feel worthless. Showing how valueless (in his mind) she was by killing her.

He slashed Taylors tires. He robbed her. He was beat up by this relationship. She is gorgeous and comes from money. He couldnt see straight.

Cass was a fair consolation prize but he was still seeing Taylor. Holding on

The tire-slashing & burglary occurred on Sep 19, 2013 and the person who was robbed specifically pointed at SC as the likely perpetrator.
However, Taylor & SC were dating after this - on his birthday in October he asked her to wear something sexy on their date down Hana Hwy.
That makes no sense. Is it just a theory that Taylor was the person he robbed & slashed the tires of? I don't see how she would keep dating him after he'd done that to her.
And I don't see a very young woman like Taylor owning valuable jewelry, which was also stolen in that crime (they found it in Steven's bedroom).

The burglary occurred in Haiku, but I believe Taylor is from Makawao and still lived with her family there?

I also disagree that Taylor comes from money. From what I've been able to tell, her family is not wealthy.

Erin Corwin thread: her accused killer told someone while he discussed how one would get away with murder, that he would hide a body under a coyote caracas. If that pig found at Paraquats was bigger I'd say go back, lift and look around that pig. Too small though.

Erin Corwin thread: her accused killer told someone while he discussed how one would get away with murder, that he would hide a body under a coyote caracas. If that pig found at Paraquats was bigger I'd say go back, lift and look around that pig. Too small though.

Very interesting, HGO.
Do we know if any searchers got close to that dead pig or if the smell of decomposition kept them at a distance once they saw the pig carcass? It would keep me away. The body wouldn't necessarily have to be "under" the pig, but near enough to excuse the smell of death. Wasn't it a young, maybe a baby pig?
Didn't Loo say he was surprised to see a pig in that area?
Also wonder if the pig was taken there for that very reason. Do we know if it was a feral/wild pig for sure?
Maybe it is time to check that spot (again?).
Hmmmmm.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member