GUILTY HI - Carly Joann 'Charli' Scott, 27, pregnant, Makawao, 9 Feb 2014 - #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have lived in Makawao for over 25 years, and I have seen wild pigs all over this island. Loo may have thought it was unusual to see a pig at Paraquats, but I don't, especially in that part of the island where the jungle is thick and wild. I personally think the pig carcass was just a coincidence.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Oh, and for the record, although I live in Makawao, I'm not a witness in this case, either. ;-)

I think maybe Loo said that pigs aren't common at Paraquats because he understood that the defense was trying to blame everything on wild pigs, and he didn't want to give support to the defense's argument in any way.

There are wild pigs in the vicinity for sure. There's just no way to know how that little dead pig ended up there.

Thanks Moxie and MakaniKitty for the information. I was basing my musings largely on what Loo had said about it being unusual to see pigs in that area. But, as it seems too coincidental for a pig to have died there at the same time Charli died there, I think it likely SC found one to mask the smell.
150' from the crime scene to the dead pig is not very far. I would imagine the cadaver dogs would have alerted if Charli's remains were near the bridge and pig. Not so sure Molly and others searched up to the bridge, though......isn't it a ravine below the bridge?
Anyway, thanks for the input and answers.

If that pig was there decomposing that long, it would have stunk Tuesday, when SC ran into Charlie's sisters at the top of the Paraquats road. No bad smells reported then. There's no indication that it was there prior to the search on Thursday. So, that supports the pig importation theory -- to cover for the smell of the dead body which was subsequently removed to be replaced by the dead pig in order to explain the reports of the smell of death. A very good theory, you guys, anyway...

Thanks Moxie and MakaniKitty for the information. I was basing my musings largely on what Loo had said about it being unusual to see pigs in that area. But, as it seems too coincidental for a pig to have died there at the same time Charli died there, I think it likely SC found one to mask the smell.
150' from the crime scene to the dead pig is not very far. I would imagine the cadaver dogs would have alerted if Charli's remains were near the bridge and pig. Not so sure Molly and others searc
hed up to the bridge, though......isn't it a ravine below the bridge?
Anyway, thanks for the input and answers.

The cadaver dogs can distinguish human decomposition from animal decomposition. Humans, not so much.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The cadaver dogs are trained specifically in the task of human remains recovery, and do not cross over into the search effort for live, lost or incapacitated individuals, witnesses said.

During training, Gejate explained that Beckham was put in situations where trainers insert a lot of distractions, so that in an actual search scenario, the factors do not bother him. “We would use food, animals, dead chickens, pig bones, anything… clothing… anything other than the target source,” said Gejate.

“He has been successful in location with distractions present. He would leave everything else alone, bypass them, and go only for the target odor. We also wanted to make sure he could travel to different places and not be disturbed by the airplane ride, different weather, and different situations,” she said.

http://mauinow.com/2016/08/30/capobianco-trail-cadaver-dogs-alert-searchers-to-wooded-area/

If that pig was there decomposing that long, it would have stunk Tuesday, when SC ran into Charlie's sisters at the top of the Paraquats road. No bad smells reported then. There's no indication that it was there prior to the search on Thursday. So, that supports the pig importation theory -- to cover for the smell of the dead body which was subsequently removed to be replaced by the dead pig in order to explain the reports of the smell of death. A very good theory, you guys, anyway...
Well, if SC went to all the trouble of finding and transporting a stinking dead pig to provide an explanation for the decomp stench, he's dumb as a post to leave behind Charli's clothing, blanket, DVD, etc., as proof that she/her body was there.

Well, if SC went to all the trouble of finding and transporting a stinking dead pig to provide an explanation for the decomp stench, he's dumb as a post to leave behind Charli's clothing, blanket, DVD, etc., as proof that she/her body was there.

Good Point

Doh !!

True...but why leave them there at all?

There was an arrest today in the Holly Grim case who went missing in November 2013 in my area and the reason I came across this website. They found her remains on a coworkers property. It is a very sad story as the details are emerging today. I started to think there may never be answers for her family. Today they can start the healing process.
I ask you to join me in a prayer for her family and friends. Thank you
It also gives hope that justice for Charli and Joshua is coming and that one day she will return to them.

Paranoia induced haste/sloppiness, compounded by darkness and time constraints, most likely.
What was he doing down the Paraquats road when Brooke and sister saw him?
I suspect he heard them or saw then and had to get the heck out immediately.

1. He had no idea that the app on Charli's phone would give away her location and he thought that he'd chosen a perfect, remote spot to do his dirty work.
2. He hadn't counted on the family to mount a massive search effort so soon after the crimes.
3. He didn't think suspicion would fall heavily on him and so quickly.
4. He thought he'd have plenty of time to clean up the area during the week.
5. He really is as dumb as a box of rocks.

Paranoia induced haste/sloppiness, compounded by darkness and time constraints, most likely.
What was he doing down the Paraquats road when Brooke and sister saw him?
I suspect he heard them or saw then and had to get the heck out immediately.
I agree that he thought he'd have more time to get rid of the evidence. I believe he had no idea about Charli's phone app, and he must have been horrified when all of a sudden people started talking about that last ping at Paraquats. He barely managed to get rid of (most of) the body, and hadn't had time to thoroughly remove the evidence, before Phaedra showed up.

I agree that he thought he'd have more time to get rid of the evidence. I believe he had no idea about Charli's phone app, and he must have been horrified when all of a sudden people started talking about that last ping at Paraquats. He barely managed to get rid of (most of) the body, and hadn't had time to thoroughly remove the evidence, before Phaedra showed up.

He probably thought everyone would believe his lame story and look for her between Twin Falls and Makawao.

And the fact that he didn't get around to cleaning his vehicle until Thursday tells you how arrogant and lazy he is.

Horrified. Phaedra. What was once the middle of nowhere was the Bullseye. Again...Like your choice of words...Horrified.

Playing catchup, and a couple things: Officer Bonicorsi (the female officer) testified she knows the particular smell of human decomp extremely well. She searched on Saturday, the day after the jawbones were found. I think she commented on the pig, but I don't have time to go review her testimony. But it's something to look at if you want all the dead pig evidence that was presented.

Agree with Makani that it would stretch belief for pigs to not be in that area. That is exactly what pigs love. They need wallows, and they like stream gulches. And they are everywhere, in much more unlikely places. Good point that Loo didn't want to support the defense. I doubt Loo had spent much time in that area prior to this crime, so how did he know?
OTOH, SC could maybe get a small dead pig from his bros/brahs. Still to come as witnesses.

Moxie, you asked about the burglary and Taylor. It was Taylor.

The burglary theft case: 2PC141000335
http://hoohiki.courts.hawaii.gov/#/criminal_case?caseId=2PC141000335

From the court minutes on the burglary count:
"DEFENDANT ORDERED TO HAVE NO CONTACT WITH TAYLOR FARNER AT HER PLACE OF RESIDENCE AND BUSINESS. DEFENDANT ALSO ORDERED TO REPORT TO THE MAUI INTAKE SERVICE CENTER, SIGN AND COMPLY WITH THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF RELEASE ON BAIL, REFRAIN FROM THE USE AND/OR POSSESSION OF DRUGS/ALCOHOL, AND SUBMIT TO RANDOM TESTING AT HIS OWN EXPENSE."

Moxie, you asked about the burglary and Taylor. It was Taylor.

The burglary theft case: 2PC141000335
http://hoohiki.courts.hawaii.gov/#/criminal_case?caseId=2PC141000335

From the court minutes on the burglary count:
"DEFENDANT ORDERED TO HAVE NO CONTACT WITH TAYLOR FARNER AT HER PLACE OF RESIDENCE AND BUSINESS. DEFENDANT ALSO ORDERED TO REPORT TO THE MAUI INTAKE SERVICE CENTER, SIGN AND COMPLY WITH THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF RELEASE ON BAIL, REFRAIN FROM THE USE AND/OR POSSESSION OF DRUGS/ALCOHOL, AND SUBMIT TO RANDOM TESTING AT HIS OWN EXPENSE."

Taylor really did a number on Steven. I dont mean to say he is not accountable for his own actions in that I think she just overwhelmed him. Nobody is ever responsible for what we do. Slashing tires...so much anger and violence. She really dodged a bullet.

Taylor really did a number on Steven. I dont mean to say he is not accountable for his own actions in that I think she just overwhelmed him. Nobody is ever responsible for what we do. Slashing tires...so much anger and violence. She really dodged a bullet.

Yes. This is the history of anger and violence, although he directed it at her vehicles and belongings, rather than at her body. The burglary and tire-slashing show what he is capable of. Unfortunately, the jury will not hear of this incident.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sumzoe24