GUILTY HI - Carly Joann 'Charli' Scott, 27, pregnant, Makawao, 9 Feb 2014 - #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Kelly Blue Book priced her car at $579-1210.
$1281-$2234 As someone fairly knowledgeable of the used car market on Maui I feel she could have gotten close to $3K for her 4Runner. Maui is Toyota crazy!! However I did a Kelly's Blue book and came up with $1281-$2234 Maybe you should go back and try again

$1281-$2234 As someone fairly knowledgeable of the used car market on Maui I feel she could have gotten close to $3K for her 4Runner. Maui is Toyota crazy!! However I did a Kelly's Blue book and came up with $1281-$2234 Maybe you should go back and try again
Try what again? I posted the lowest value from KBB to show that her car was worth more than $500. ja!

On the edge of my seat waiting to see what Apo has. Does anyone know anything about his witness(es)?

I am serving on a jury now, as second alternate.

So you have access to everything as non alternates but just don't get to vote on verdict? Is that the only difference?

So you have access to everything as non alternates but just don't get to vote on verdict? Is that the only difference?

Yes. We have to sit and listen but we don't have to deliberate or decide if he's guilty. We have closing arguments Thursday morning and then, assuming we haven't lost 2 regular jurors, I am excused for 2 years. I feel SO much empathy for the Capobianco jurors. Apo was completely obnoxious. And the trial went on for months.

I wonder who the defense will call today.

John Palacki (sp), SC's former manager at Mana Foods was back on the stand, this time for the defense. They asked him about masking tape...

John Palacki (sp), SC's former manager at Mana Foods was back on the stand, this time for the defense. They asked him about masking tape...

There are so many types of masking tape available today Blue and greens are much better for practical use because they peel off better and stick longer. That old off white stuff gets used very little. It has a propensity to dry on itself and is very hard to peel. What it is good for however is labeling food containers in restaurant kitchens(Bakerys) because its white and easy to write on.

I've really struggled to hear any of the testimony from yesterday. The sound was so quiet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maui Now and Maui News both have articles up. I couldn't wrap my head around the map guy's testimony or the questions asked. And um ok, a whole day spent on tape?? For only two days of testimony for the defense this wasn't a strong day IMO.

Not looking good for the defense, IMHO.

Can anyone make sense of the mapping testimony?

Today Rivera's witness (who Apo called a career criminal') for some reason, apparently due to drug court, couldn't testify today, sending Apo off on a rant. Most of the convo about that was at sidebar and it was difficult to tell what the reason is but judge said it will take some time to work out, so hopefully he'll take the stand next week.

The judge said a juror has a vacation scheduled for 10/26 through 10/31, they will be back in session on Nov. 1st and then another juror has a vacation scheduled 11/07-12/06 so another long break coming.

I don't know how the family is tolerating this lengthy, delay-filled trial, I really feel for them.

:greetings: Is this murder trial the longest in Hawaiian history?

I subscribed to the threads months ago but got swept away by life and with the murder trial of Cooper Harris in a Hot Car Death. Hence, all of your posts have not been read. Was there ever a viable suspect other than SC?

As a devotee to True Crime, and possessing a deep fondness for the Hawaiian Islands, Charli's terrifying murder has found me baffled over several issues. I've been over the area on Google Earth; however, it was not until today that I learned where her jawbone was located below drag marks on the side of the road. Before I check that out of GE, I'll watch the trial today on CourtChatter's YouTube in 1.25 speed +.

Hi DeDee, don't know answer to your excellent question about longest trial.
The jawbone was found in jungle a ways in from the dirt road to Nua'ailua Bay,
along with other items. I know it's confusing even when keeping up, much more coming back in at the end. Nothing was recovered near those drag marks, as it turned out.

Knife missing from Mana. Good God
This to me speaks volumes. Case closed.

Tape. Knife. Hand Injuries. Skirt shows stabbings specifically to the womb area.

After learning that SC lured Charli to help him with his vehicle's trouble, only to find the trouble was as simple as a loosened battery cable is huge red sign of premeditation. SC set up her by loosening the cable and likely walked home until notifying her the next day. jmho

A woman is most vulnerable in a rocky relationship while she pregnant, especially one who loves the baby's father and wants him to prosper in spite of his declaration of not wanting children with her by urging her to abort. I am proud of Charli for wanting her sweet baby to have a life of abundance.

Since Charli left that fateful evening with her dog, was her dog ever located? TIA

Tape. Knife. Hand Injuries. Skirt shows stabbings specifically to the womb area.

After learning that SC lured Charli to help him with his vehicle's trouble, only to find the trouble was as simple as a loosened battery cable is huge red sign of premeditation. SC set up her by loosening the cable and likely walked home until notifying her the next day. jmho

A woman is most vulnerable in a rocky relationship while she pregnant, especially one who loves the baby's father and wants him to prosper in spite of his declaration of not wanting children with her by urging her to abort. I am proud of Charli for wanting her sweet baby to have a life of abundance.

Since Charli left that fateful evening with her dog, was her dog ever located? TIA

Charli's dog, Nala, was found Monday morning in Nahiku. The family posted a pic of Nala on Facebook, and she was turned in late on Tuesday, Feb. 11 or early on Wednesday, Feb.12 (early morning hours.)

http://www.mauinews.com/news/local-news/2016/07/mother-thinks-capobianco-murdered-his-unborn-child/

http://mauinow.com/2016/07/29/capobianco-murder-trial-man-who-found-charlis-dog-testifies/

I recommend going to the Maui News and/or Maui Now websites and searching for "Steven Capobianco" to get all of the articles about trial proceedings. That will get you up to speed faster than trying to read all of our posts. We're on Thread #7 now, as you can see. :eek:

Agree. I know I don't have the energy to recap all these points at this time - not for lack of wanting to help - simply not enough time or keep up myself the last couple weeks.
I have not been able to listen to any of the testimony Apo put up. I thought he was going to recall Kim and the sisters. Hard on them to be put on notice with subpoenas and to prepare mentally and for nothing. OTOH, being badgered by Apo is nothing a person would want to do, so ...

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back