HI HI - Khiara Henry, 23, tourist, Kahului, Maui, 25 July 2019 *car found at Waiʻānapanapa State Park*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Police said they received several leads on Henry’s case, including surveillance video from a car rental office, but were not able to confirm any of them.

San Diego woman missing in Maui for over a month
That sentence is a quote from that article but I am still trying to figure it out... what exactly does it mean to not be "able to confirm any of them"? Confirm what exactly? Confirm that she was in the video (or that she wasn't)??

I almost wrote, "this is such a tragic case," but I guess they all are. Very young woman goes to Hawaii for a vacation and disappears. :(

Family makes ‘gut-wrenching’ decision to put search for missing Maui visitor on hold

A message on the “Find Khiara Henry” Facebook page says they are heading back to the mainland to deal with family matters.

70618589_126509515350805_1211247834796392448_n.png

The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs) | #MP72339

Khiara Lavinia Henry
72339_355958.jpg 72339_355955.jpg

Date of Last Contact: July 21, 2019
Missing From: Hana, Hawaii
Missing Age: 23 Years
Current Age: 24 Years

First Name: Khiara
Middle Name: Lavinia
Last Name: Henry
Sex: Female
Height: 5' 2" - 5' 3" (62 - 63 Inches)
Weight: 105 - 110 lbs
Hair Color: Brown
Eye Color: Brown
Race / Ethnicity: American Indian / Alaska Native, Black / African American
Tribe Enrollment / Affiliation: Yes
Associated Tribe(s): Enrolled with Sycuan Band of the Kumeyaay Nation

Circumstances
County: Maui County
Missing From Tribal Land: No
Primary Residence on Tribal Land: Yes
Circumstances of Disappearance: Khiara came to Maui on vacation and was staying at a hotel in Kihei. On July 21st at 2pm, Khiara rented a car for one night to visit Hana's Waianapanapa State park. Khiara has not been heard from since that day. On July 25th Khiara's rental car was noticed and called into Maui Police Department as abandoned by park officials. Khiara's luggage, credit card and ID were all found inside the vehicle. Her cell phone, small back pack and car key were not in the car and has not been located. Khiara was scheduled to fly home on July 29, but did not appear for her scheduled flight.

Investigating Agencies
CASE OWNER
Maui County Police Department
(808) 244-6400
Agency Case Number: 19-030563
Lee Ann Galario-Guzman, Detective

Find Khiara Henry
26 Dec 2020
To all our family, friends and the community of Maui. We wish that we could post here today and tell you that we have any new information on Khiara, but sadly we can’t. As another Christmas goes by without our Khiara, her absence is just as painful as it was last year. However, we continue to stay strong and hopeful that one day we will have the answers to our many questions. We do hope that every body had a wonderful day and We wish all of you health and happiness in the new year to come.
Much love to all, The Henry’s

I only recently heard about Khiara. I'm so sad this has happened. I hope that she is somewhere safe, but know that is highly unlikely. I pray her family get answers soon and can bring their Khiara home.

Police: Woman missing for 3 years on Maui reportedly seen in Pahoa​

Hawaii Island police are requesting the public’s assistance in locating 26-year-old Khiara Lavinia Henry.

Henry was reported missing on Maui in late July 2019. However, her family recently received a tip of a possible sighting of her in Pahoa town on Jan. 13.

According to Capt. Rio Amon-Wilkins of the East Hawaii Criminal Investigation Division, the reported sighting of Henry took place at the Pahoa 7-Eleven store. He said detectives will go through the store’s video surveillance to ascertain the validity of the sighting.

A recent tip about someone on the Big Island who looks like Khiara Lavinia Henry, a young visitor who went missing more than three years ago on Maui, proved that it is not her — and the Henry family is renewing calls for public help.

A woman near 7-Eleven in Pahoa, Hawai’i island, who looks like Henry, was confirmed by her driver’s license to be someone else, Hawai’i County and Maui police said Friday. Moore said the tip from a Big Island traveling nurse who thought she saw Henry was the first “credible” one the family received in quite some time. A Hawai’i County police news release about the tip went out last week seeking information.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AliWicked77
Back