HI HI - Mischa Johnson, 19, Schofield Barracks, Oahu, 31 Jul 2024 - 6 months pregnant *Arrest*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Sorry if this is a dumb question, given what we now know about where his car was spotted…but is there an area nearby that’s dense enough to need a map? I’m assuming he’s well acquainted with the terrain as a resident and capable of finding his way back to his car without his phone.

It's near the Dole Plantation --- The Army would have taught him land navigation for sure, and as a Scout, I assume he would have piles of training that would taught him how to be able to find his way. My soldier isn't a Scout and they are always doing land navigation exercises. I would expect either of them (my soldier or the husband) to be able to find their way fairly confidently. Part of the area near where some reported seeing his car is military land, so it's entirely plausible that he had trained there at one time (or not).

Just thinking about Mischa this morning and wondering about places nearby that may have been significant to she and DJ as a couple. Places where they shared a special date, or where he proposed etc. I'm not ready to give this guy any credit for feeling guilty or remorseful but if there is any humanity left in him, this is still his wife and child. I could see him putting her somewhere that meant something to them as a couple. I can see that being something that might alleviate some guilt in his deranged mind. Just throwing this idea out there.

SEP 13, 2024
[...]

Dozens of people met at the Hale Moena Community room to collaborate on search maps, talk story, eat and share information about areas searched, and where search parties should revisit.

[...]

"There’s a lot of property that is unavailable to the general public and to know be granted that access really is frustrating,” Tapiz-Andrian added. ...

...The goal of this meeting is to gain some clarity as to where search parties should focus on next.

[...]

Just thinking about Mischa this morning and wondering about places nearby that may have been significant to she and DJ as a couple. Places where they shared a special date, or where he proposed etc. I'm not ready to give this guy any credit for feeling guilty or remorseful but if there is any humanity left in him, this is still his wife and child. I could see him putting her somewhere that meant something to them as a couple. I can see that being something that might alleviate some guilt in his deranged mind. Just throwing this idea out there.
You are thinking strategically, and that's what it's going to take to find the earthly remains. Your instinct to go somewhere known is spot on, IMO. Further, I don't think it would be that far from the base. He wouldn't want to drive around with that evidence in his car for long, in the event he got stopped for some reason. I don't recall whether he purchased anything that would suggest digging, but I think this was more of a dump and run situation. Run like the coward that he is. I keep thinking cave, ravine, well. Dump and run.

Let's pray her sweet spirit and that of her unborn child will sing out to guide the searchers. My prayers for her family continue. As for the Perp? Who cares. He's not going anywhere, and he's right where he should be. I wonder if the realization that he is going to spend the rest of his miserable existence in the slammer has sunk in yet.

Amateur opinion and speculation

I’ve lost track of where we are currently. When is the next hearing?
I don’t recall them commenting on hearings, have they? He’s still being held by the military police IIRC. Have they updated his charges to include Mischa & baby or is he still just being held on Misleading an investigation etc.

Has anyone mentioned them getting a warrant to get into their phones & IPads? He had deleted their SM just before reporting her missing.

I’ve lost track of where we are currently. When is the next hearing?
I found this article which states hearings are to be scheduled. I don't think I've read any dates yet but it's definitely possibly I've missed that.

I hope they kind find her and bring some closure to her family. I wonder if they are any closer to locations.. This may have been posted previously, so sorry if I have missed it.. Does the island burn their trash after pick up?
Somewhere on the Mischa FB someone asked if the trash had been searched, the reply included the information that the trash was burned the same day it was picked up. IDK if their trash was searched or the pick up schedule I’ve never seen anything else about it.

I agree, her family needs to bury Mischa & baby’s remains. The longer this goes on the worse it is for them.

I don’t recall them commenting on hearings, have they? He’s still being held by the military police IIRC. Have they updated his charges to include Mischa & baby or is he still just being held on Misleading an investigation etc.

Has anyone mentioned them getting a warrant to get into their phones & IPads? He had deleted their SM just before reporting her missing.
Army CID has several warrants for cell phone records, GPS coordinates from his vehicle, etc. As we all know, those can take time. Very frustrating as the case gets colder by the day.

I went to bed thinking about this. While doing it all himself certainly simplifies things, I wonder how much he could transport (even if she was dismembered), in his little mustang. For fun, I looked up how much room a mustang had in his truck space: there is 13.5 cubic meters. And here is a test to show how much actually fits in there. So who knows if he really needed help or not. There is more space than I realized.

Thinking about Vanessa Guillén (the soldier killed at Ft Hood), she was hauled away in a rubber made container (which according to some websites, will NOT fit in the truck as they are too tall) and then the accomplice helped bury her. So I am not ready to dismiss him not having help.

Catching up here, sounds like she died on the afternoon of July 12, after phone call with mom and before supper with sister. Suspect bought tools to disguise her disappearance on July 13. He reported her disappearance on August 1.

Was phone call with suspect's mother before, or after, phone call with mother?
Where was he on the evening of July 13 and morning of July 14?

"On July 12, Mischa called DJʻs mom to discuss his infidelity and, according to the family, from that point on they only had contact with Mischa via text.

DJ reported his wife missing on Aug. 1."
~same link
His whereabouts after purchasing the tool(s) are the question. Some have reported sightings of a red mustang similar to his parked outside Dole plantation, near a small bridge and ravine. The family is focusing most search efforts in that area.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
culley2821
Back