HI HI - Mischa Johnson, 19, Schofield Barracks, Oahu, 31 Jul 2024 *6 months pregnant*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Maj. Gen. Marcus S. Evans, the 25th Infantry Division and U.S. Army Hawaii Commanding General, discusses the community support related to finding Mischa Johnson. She is the missing spouse of a Service Member who is assigned to Schofield Barracks.

She was last seen on July 31st and was reported missing on August 1st. Her safety, well-being, and health are their main concerns and are asking for the community’s assistance in helping locate Mischa, so she can return home safely.

If you have any information please contact the Army Criminal Investigation Division (CID) at (808) 208-0059. Anonymous tips can also be submitted through the CID online tip form at https://p3tips.com/tipform.aspxID=325…

Added to NamUs; Aug 6 2024

Circumstances of Disappearance

She was last seen by her husband on 7/31/2024. Her husband went to bed, and when he awoke at 0800 on 8/01/2024, Mischa was gone. Mischa left her wallet, phone, keys, and identification. Mischa is pregnant.
I truly hope I'm wrong and she was overwhelmed by everything and just went to a friend's to regroup (I was pregnant at 19, remember the ups and downs well) but I'm getting vibes of the Saria Hildabrand case (Army soldier in Alaska, left home on foot according to her husband, who was later arrested for her murder in the home).

I truly hope I'm wrong and she was overwhelmed by everything and just went to a friend's to regroup (I was pregnant at 19, remember the ups and downs well) but I'm getting vibes of the Saria Hildabrand case (Army soldier in Alaska, left home on foot according to her husband, who was later arrested for her murder in the home).
I'm getting the same exact vibes. How many times have we heard "I woke up and she/he was gone"?

I'm getting the same exact vibes. How many times have we heard "I woke up and she/he was gone"?
The circumstances are just odd, with her being pregnant and all - so I agree. Where would she go and who would she be with?

But we also have zero facts about her SO and where he was at the time she disappeared. For all we know, he could have been on duty and has a very solid alibi.

Come home safe Mischa!

AUG 7, 2024
The Army and Honolulu Police Department continue to search for the missing 19-year-old Mischa Johnson with a $10,000 reward for any information on her whereabouts.

[...]

Major General Marcus S. Evans of 25th Infantry Division and U.S. Army Hawaii Commanding General shared the efforts being taken to find her, ”From the moment we were notified that Mischa was missing, we immediately began working closely with the Army Criminal Investigation Division to locate Mischa Johnson. Her safety, well-being and health are our main concerns.”

[...]

She was last seen by her husband on 7/31/2024. Her husband went to bed, and when he awoke at 0800 on 8/01/2024, Mischa was gone. Mischa left her wallet, phone, keys, and identification. Mischa is pregnant.

Bumping...
...Circumstances of Disappearance

Bumping...
...Circumstances of Disappearance
No mention of cameras, which on base are very popular in housing areas.

I’m not sure if vehicles plates are tracked in any way (like cameras) but if their family car went off base (and then back on base) during the night, maybe that can be tracked.

And I am not sure where she would just wander off, living on base.

I do not know how tight security is on that army base. It has been too many years since I have been there. Has anyone been there recently to know if the entire base has fencing up around it? I am just trying to think of how she could walk away. I would not think that public transportation goes inside the base.

Oh dear. Sleeping alone feels quite different than sleeping with a spouse. But it seems he didn't sense her absence all night. :(

How many times have we seen a case start out like this? Nobody leaves voluntarily without at least one of those things. Shades of Shanann Watts here. And we all are aware that statistically, pregnancy is the most dangerous time for woman, in terms of violence. I really hope I'm wrong, but something smells here.

I am going to break my rule of not giving too much info about myself, but I can offer some information about Schofield Barracks and what is/was going on when she disappeared.

Many in the 25th Infantry were just getting back on base at the end of July, with most reporting to duty on the first of August from their holiday. Of course, if she is native or if funds were an issue, her and her husband might not have left the island on holiday. But as soon as the rest of the 25th got back on or about Aug 1, they immediately started field exercises that involved most on the base. So it is possible that her husband was gone until very, very late and came in from the field and didn't know she was gone.

Now, what is suprising to me is that no one has mentioned her having a job. Almost all military spouses -- unless they have small children -- have to work to make ends meet.

I am very curious if she left the island for summer holiday break? And who saw her --- besides her husband --- and when exactly that was.

I am also curious why I can find zero information about her. No social media, which is weird for someone her age. I wonder if she used another name other than Mischa? (EDITED TO ADD: it appears her and her husbands social media has been deleted recently).

Just FYI Schofield has also been hauling off/towing vehicles that were abandoned, left unregistered, etc. Trash pick up was also the day she went missing.

From what I am hearing, there are not any searches going on as of yesterday or earlier today (where would they look?).

Regarding cameras - they are everywhere on the base. If she walked out of her married housing on base, then they saw her. If she went thru the main gates in a vehicle, they saw her on camera. If she was leaving base intentionally, she would have needed her ID. Heck, to do anything on base, she would have needed it. You don't leave without it.

The Army being very quiet tells me all I need to know, and I am afraid it's not going to be good.

Last edited:
The Army being very quiet tells me all I need to know, and I am afraid it's not going to be good.
I agree. I have not yet seen anything about the husband actually speaking out or asking for her to come home or anything, unless I've missed that. That too is a very loud silence to me.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GibsonGirl
Back