HI HI - Mischa Johnson, 19, Schofield Barracks, Oahu, 31 Jul 2024 *6 months pregnant*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
They haven’t even bothered to update the Island News since 8/15. I get it, how many different ways can you say ‘Nothing new to report’? But this is a 19 yr old pregnant person, barely an adult. Keep her face out there, keep her on the front page so maybe someone who saw something but didn’t realize it was important will remember and call it in. Keep her family talking to her, in case she is out there thinking she is in trouble.
There's a public Facebook group with her mom and sister on it....

But it seems they're entirely at the behest of the military police. It seems they're posting flyers throughout the island but ultimately she went missing from her housing area which civilians don't have access to.

Definitely makes you think twice about what it means when things happen on base. Local PD have no jurisdiction in the search...

Thank you for the gate info. It appears more secure than I was thinking earlier. What is your opinion, justtrish, on how difficult would it be to walk off this base in the night without being challenged? Any places or gaps in the fencing likely for pedestrian pass through? You may ignore this. I just now saw your post concerning my questions.
I can't speak for Schofield in particular, but I have worked as a defense contractor in a DoD facility, along with active duty military and DoD civilians and contractors. You had to present your CAC (chipped ID card) to enter the parking lot in your vehicle and to enter and exit the building. There were pedestrian gates to enter and exit the perimeter on foot. Nobody just walked in - or out. I highly suspect that Army officials in charge of the investigation already know if she left the base, when, and with whom. MOO

I can't speak for Schofield in particular, but I have worked as a defense contractor in a DoD facility, along with active duty military and DoD civilians and contractors. You had to present your CAC (chipped ID card) to enter the parking lot in your vehicle and to enter and exit the building. There were pedestrian gates to enter and exit the perimeter on foot. Nobody just walked in - or out. I highly suspect that Army officials in charge of the investigation already know if she left the base, when, and with whom. MOO
Unless she was concealed, as in the trunk of a car.

Amateur opinion and speculation

Sadly, I'm not finding any updates on Mischa's missing status. Her sister (MT) is actively posting in a public facebook missing page.

I'm curious when Mischa's next scheduled doctor's appointment is? Has anyone seen this mentioned in MSM?

I'm curious when Mischa's next scheduled doctor's appointment is? Has anyone seen this mentioned in MSM?

I haven't seen it mentioned in any media, but typically if you're under normal OB care (not high risk), you'd go monthly until about week 28-30. From then until 36 weeks, you go every two weeks. From 36 on, you go weekly. Again, just with typical OB care - could be different if she had health issues, or saw a midwife, etc.

There's a public Facebook group with her mom and sister on it....

But it seems they're entirely at the behest of the military police. It seems they're posting flyers throughout the island but ultimately she went missing from her housing area which civilians don't have access to.

Definitely makes you think twice about what it means when things happen on base. Local PD have no jurisdiction in the search...
Update in that group, husband has been detained and is the prime suspect in her disappearance. Update was yesterday but I'm not sure what time.

There are no updates in MSM stating the husband is a suspect, etc. As such, I have to take this as a rumor until we see something come out from MSM, or an official statement from the military.

That said, the alleged involvement of the husband would not be shocking given the stats on domestic violence and pregnant women. For the sake of all concerned, I really hope he isn't involved, but as the days go by it's looking like a positive outcome is unlikely.

I would now focus on him caught on video leaving the base, when, what direction, and focus on the surrounding reserve forest area to search. That will be a very difficult search, but it's my speculation that if this is where she ended up you won't have to go in too far. I speculate a Perp would want to get rid of remains as quickly as possible. Cadaver dogs should be brought in, and start with the trunks of their vehicle(s).

Let's pray against all odds and how this is looking, there will be a surprising good outcome. Highly unlikely, but we must hope.

There are no updates in MSM stating the husband is a suspect, etc. As such, I have to take this as a rumor until we see something come out from MSM, or an official statement from the military.

That said, the alleged involvement of the husband would not be shocking given the stats on domestic violence and pregnant women. For the sake of all concerned, I really hope he isn't involved, but as the days go by it's looking like a positive outcome is unlikely.

I would now focus on him caught on video leaving the base, when, what direction, and focus on the surrounding reserve forest area to search. That will be a very difficult search, but it's my speculation that if this is where she ended up you won't have to go in too far. I speculate a Perp would want to get rid of remains as quickly as possible. Cadaver dogs should be brought in, and start with the trunks of their vehicle(s).

Let's pray against all odds and how this is looking, there will be a surprising good outcome. Highly unlikely, but we must hope.

The update came from Mischa's mother, so I am inclined to believe that it is true. MSM hasn't offered much in this case, everything has been very quiet. Seems there's been a lot of activity going on behind the scenes, which is good. Hopefully he is talking and/or they have some good evidence to support their suspicions. IMO.

Update in that group, husband has been detained and is the prime suspect in her disappearance. Update was yesterday but I'm not sure what time.
We've all seen this happen so many times, it's hard to be surprised anymore. People don't just disappear, especially pregnant women. Although there seem to be many men who would like us to believe they do... So sad.

Bbm.
Esp. agree with the bolded.

The longer this drags on, the more worried I am for this young lady.
Also am hoping for a good outcome.

If she weren't pregnant I'd be more optimistic.
But it's rare (imo) for an expectant mother to take off like this.

Where you, Mischa ??
Omo.

It's odd... if on the FB group page the MOM of missing Mischa is sharing that the father has been detained and is a "prime suspect", but military police doesn't announce a thing, 12 hours on? What is the protocol- is military police obligated to share with the rest of the civilian community?

I mean this was announced by the mom on FB well before sunset Oahu time on Sunday... maybe military police will announce something on Monday morning Oahu time? I hope so...

Last edited:
It's odd... if on the FB group page the MOM of missing Mischa is sharing that the father has been detained and is a "prime suspect", but military police doesn't announce a thing, 12 hours on? What is the protocol- is military police obligated to share with the rest of the civilian community?
It's very early in the morning there, so if they hold a presser or make any announcements it might be a few more hours. They might not release anything until they have something concrete on him, as in charges filed, or Mischa being found. IMO.

I mean this was announced by the mom on FB well before sunset Oahu time on Sunday... maybe military police will announce something on Monday morning Oahu time? I hope so...
I don’t think they’ll say anything until he’s been charged. I wouldn’t be surprised if the media knows about what mom is claiming, but they’d hold off on reporting until they receive confirmation from the military.

It’s not the type of situation we’re used to on here, as the overwhelming majority of cases involve regular law enforcement, which tends to be a bit more open.

I’m going to say no. The military base is run like it’s a separate entity from the rest of the state/county. They stated there is no threat to the public about a week ago, that’s all we need to know, and anything revealed is absolutely on a need to know basis.

Can someone explain the difference between detained & arrested? I understand after an arrest the clock starts ticking, you must see a judge with in X hours & charged. The arrested person is held at least until he sees a judge.

Detained? Would he be free to leave if he wanted to? I believe it as Mischa’s mom who said he is detained not arrested.

Can someone explain the difference between detained & arrested? I understand after an arrest the clock starts ticking, you must see a judge with in X hours & charged. The arrested person is held at least until he sees a judge.

Detained? Would he be free to leave if he wanted to? I believe it as Mischa’s mom who said he is detained not arrested.

Key DifferencesLegal Status: When someone is arrested, they are formally taken into custody and charged with a crime. Detention is a temporary holding for investigative purposes without formal charges. Duration: An arrest typically leads to longer periods of custody, while detention is meant to be brief and limited.

Detainment and arrest are connected but are different. A detainment may not result in criminal charges where an arrest will. You may be detained because an officer suspects that you know about a crime or that you were connected to a crime, and their suspicion is reasonable and valid.

The officer can hold you for a period of time while they determine if their suspicion is backed up by evidence. This may come by way of questioning you or by an investigation, or both. In situations where the offense isn’t too serious, detainment may not take too long. However, when detainment is in response to a major criminal event, detainment can be prolonged.

Arrested vs. Detained: What You Need to Know - Seth Kretzer​

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AnnemarieNL
Back