Found Safe HI - U.S. Navy Seaman Shaun Palmer, Marine Corps Base Kaneohe, Honolulu, 1 Jul 2018

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

cybervampira

Reaction score
Search for missing Navy man begins

Shaun Palmer, a Hawaii-based U.S. Navy sailor is missing.
DhIB-D5UEAATV4H.jpg

17110231_G.jpg

He was last seen in Waikiki early Sunday morning.

Officials say Palmer failed to report for duty Sunday in Kaneohe.

He is a hospital corpsman assigned to 1st Battalion, 3rd Marine Regiment at Marine Corps Base Hawaii.

A missing persons report has been filed with the Honolulu Police Department.

Hawaii-based U.S. Navy sailor is missing

Navy man missing after Waikiki altercation
Palmer was with a Marine who was arrested after a “low-key” altercation, Abrams said. No major injuries were reported, and the Marine was later released, he said.
Mae Dean, a manager at Kelley O’Neil’s, said the altercation happened around closing time at 4 a.m. when everyone was being asked to leave the bar.
“From what I understand, we’ve already checked the (video) tapes,” Dean said. “I just spoke to the (Naval Criminal Investigative Service), they just left five minutes ago, and there was nothing that we saw on camera, because it was really crowded at the time.”

Video at link.

Search for missing Navy sailor last seen in Waikiki
Searching for clues, Unterein called various hospitals on Oahu to no avail. Palmer's phone has been off since Saturday. His credit and debit card do not reveal recent transactions.

Unterein says military officials said her son was with a fellow Military member the night he went missing. Palmer's friend was arrested for disorderly conduct around 2 a.m. after police allegedly tried to detain the man for engaging in a physical fight with an unknown person on Lewers Street.

Palmer's credit card statement shows the last charge was for a Lyft ride around 4:30 Sunday morning.

"It got canceled. I think because he wasn't there to catch the ride. There's no real paper trail after that of where my son's whereabouts are. There's no hotel purchases, no food purchases. His phone has been shut off, like it died. It's not for him to just disappear and vanish," said Unterein.

Hmmm Wonder if the person who the friend got into the altercation with is involved? Strange...
It appears he disappeared between the bar closing and the lift driver showing up at 4:30am.

Yes, I would like to know where the person Shaun’s friend got into a fight with was during those hours. The friend was arrested, but what about the other person?

‘I’m alive’: Parents of missing Kaneohe-based Navy corpsman receive text message
A 24-year-old Navy hospital corpsman based at Kaneohe Bay remains missing for a third day, officials said, but the case took a turn when a Navy investigator said a text was sent today from his phone to his parents saying, “I love you and I’m alive.”
Although HPD, NCIS and the military are looking for Palmer, Unterein said “I’d like to be there, too, to help. I need to find my son.”

Mother of missing Navy man: 'We need to find my kid'
"I'm praying he's just really sick or maybe he got beaten up and his phone broke down and he's hurting but safe," his mom, Diane, told ABC News.

Diane said she's heading to Hawaii on Wednesday and hopes to inspire a massive search to track down her one and only child.

"We need to get search parties out in Hawaii," she said. "What are we waiting for? We need to find my kid!"

A statement provided by a Hawaii-based Marine Corps spokesman confirmed that there is a dedicated search underway to locate the missing sailor, whose case for now is classified as an "unauthorized absence."

I'm glad to see that the US military is taking a more enlightened/proactive stance towards missing persons cases among their ranks these days. In past decades, the military would simply mark these people as AWOL and offer no help at all; or worse, would take the position that the missing person may have been a spy or something and do an internal investigation, and even try to stonewall outside progress.

I don't know whether I am just a negative person (I am) or my time at WS has tainted me a little bit but, while I want that text to be from him, it's concerning. Concerning as it doesn't provide proof of life.

I am having a problem understanding why they think it is him. Is there something he is saying that is relevant, and have we had a precis version of the text? I am with you AnaPisces, perhaps I am jaded but this is not proof.

I am having a problem understanding why they think it is him. Is there something he is saying that is relevant, and have we had a precis version of the text? I am with you AnaPisces, perhaps I am jaded but this is not proof.

I wondered that too - maybe he is telling them things only he would know to prove it?... But still, anyone could force someone to tell them personal details with the right methods. Even hearing his voice wouldn't be proof enough for me right now... I hope I am being jaded for no good reason though.

"We asked Honolulu Police how they know it was Palmer who sent the text. Deputy Chief John McCarthy tells us there's no reason to believe foul play was involved. "

It doesn't really tell me that they are confident either way that this is the case...just that there is no evidence to suggest otherwise at this point?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back