HI HI - William "Bill" Burr, 79, Dementia, of Mililani, last seen walking near Central Oahu Regional Park, Waipio, 2 Oct 2023

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

Unalienable Rights

Reaction score

Missing Person: William Burr​

October 3, 2023

Missing-Person-William-Burr.png

CrimeStoppers and the Honolulu Police Department are seeking the public’s assistance in locating William Burr who suffers from Dementia. He was last seen leaving his home in the Mililani area on Monday, October 2, 2023, at approximately 8:00 a.m. A witness later spotted him at approximately 8:30 a.m. walking alone near the Central Oahu Regional Park in the Waipio area. He may be disoriented and unable to find his way back home. His family and friends are concerned for his safety and well-being.

Anyone with information about this incident is asked to call CrimeStoppers at 808-955-8300. The public may now send anonymous web tips to www.honolulucrimestoppers.org or via the P3 Tips app.

HONOLULU (KHON2) — A Mililani woman is pleading for help in finding her missing father who suffers from dementia.

Katherine Burr last saw her dad “Bill” on Sunday, Oct. 1. He was diagnosed with dementia a couple of years ago, but Katherine said he had his own second opinion.

“He argues with you when you try to point it out that he does,” Katherine said. “Tracking device was his phone, which he didn’t take with him. I tried putting something in his wallet, which he promptly took out.”

Katherine has put up fliers in Waipahu, Waikele and Mililani Town Center — all within walking distance of their Mililani home.

Police said Bill was last seen walking alone around 8:30 a.m. on Monday in Waipio.

“I’m just looking for any help I can get,” Katherine said, “if you’re in the parks over the weekend to just, you know, take a little bit of extra time to look around.”

The article continues with comments from Dr. Gina Fjikami from the Hawaii Alzheimer's Association, giving helpful advice to families of people who have Alzheimer's or dementia.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Agave1993
Back