HOA Injunction limiting protestors-DENIED!

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I think the protesters are doing the A's a huge favor. With them outside the A's have the distraction to fool themselves into thinking they're protecting Casey. Right now, these people are "attacking" them and as a whole, it's the family against the protesters, media, LE, etc.. It's the perfect excuse for them not facing reality. I think, if everything was quiet outside and there were no distractions, their attention and anger would turn towards Casey.
Yup:clap:

They have absolutely no control over public sidewalks and roadways. They only have power over the members in the association and can bind them accordingly with agreed upon and voted upon rules in their particular charter.

Sorry if this is a repeat. I took a night away from the Caylee case, to try to simmer down a bit.

Anyway, it seems that the HOA does have a bit of control over public property.

Local Orlando news keeps reporting that the vacant lot in question (proposed lot for protestors) is publically owned, but maintained by the HOA, that's a party to the injunction.
That seems strange to me, as to why the HOA would spend money to maintain a public vacant lot, unless it is for the aesthetics. But, that's what's been on the news.

I took a friend's daughter to an abortion clinic a few years ago. Protesters were on the sidewalk screaming all kinds of nasty things through the window. They were within their rights. My friend's daughter was horribly upset and emotionally distraught over it. The protesters could not come into the parking lot, so they confined their obscenities to the public sidewalk which happened to be right outside the room where the abortions took place. Cindy and George have a buffer of their yard. I haven't seen a picture of the protesters tresspassing at all.

:clap: Such a great example. Thank You!!!

When the abortion protestors go beyond the valley of peaceful protest...such as when they enter the clinic and chain themselves to the medical equipment in the examining rooms....they get arrested for trespassing.
But when they maintain some semblance of their orderliness in that emotionally charged atmosphere, they are left alone.

Nobody moves those people to a building down the street.

jmo

I am glad that these protestors can keep on reminding the A's that they are not serving KC any good by keeping her there.
BUT I can unequivocally say that I am darn glad I don't live in that neighborhood (even though I'm sure I'd be part of the protest on some days). My dogs would probably be going nuts barking every time I let them in the yard if there was a mob scene down the street. If I had children I probably wouldn't want them out riding their bikes and playing and stuff, AND if I was an immediate neighbor, I definitely couldn't try and have a peaceful cookout EVER or lay out in my own backyard while this mess was going on, those poor neighbors know no peace right now, although I am certain they are as insenced as most that KC is living there.

Sorry if this is a repeat. I took a night away from the Caylee case, to try to simmer down a bit.

Local Orlando news keeps reporting that the vacant lot in question (proposed lot for protestors) is publically owned, but maintained by the HOA, that's a party to the injunction.
That seems strange to me, as to why the HOA would spend money to maintain a public vacant lot, unless it is for the aesthetics. But, that's what's been on the news.

They can maintain any property they want in their jurisdiction. They require members of the association to maintain the property in front of their homes such as easements and sidewalks which are public property. They only have control over their members in the association and if the association agrees that vacant lot is a responsibility of theirs to maintain such as cut the grass they can.

It is not uncommon for a HOA to upkept a vacant lot in their area so the property values will not go down. That is part of their job as an HOA. That does not give the right to take away an American citizen's right to free speech and protest, as long as they are not breaking any law. If they do break laws then the city will have to come arrest the ones responsible. Scientology has tried for years to change the way this works. They have a lot more money then the HOA, and they have always failed.

I'd really like to know more about this. Anyone have a link that isn't quite as cryptic as the WESH one?

ORLANDO, Fla. -- The homeowners' association for the neighborhood where the family of a missing toddler lives added Cindy and George Anthony to its complaint

http://www.wesh.com/news/17526921/detail.html

About time the HOA finally recognizes that the problem lies with the Anthony's and that they alone can resolve it by getting Casey to cooperate, throwing her back in jail, and not confronting the protesters! Hope the HOA can evict the Anthonys!:clap::clap::clap:

Now, if only the neighbors would also learn where to squarely place the correct blame! Hope the Guardian Angels are gone!

About time the HOA finally recognizes that the problem lies with the Anthony's and that they alone can resolve it by getting Casey to cooperate, throwing her back in jail, and not confronting the protesters! Hope the HOA can evict the Anthonys!:clap::clap::clap:

Now, if only the neighbors would also learn where to squarely place the correct blame! Hope the Guardian Angels are gone!

I too, took the article, as reflecting the fact that the Anthony's were added to the complaint for an injunction, added as Defendants.

In light of the fact that the HOA's Atty has "amended the complaint" per the article, it just makes more sense that as events unravel, the Atty would realize there's potentially a second defendant in the fiasco of
"As Hopespring Turns."
Seemed like a stretch :stretch: to envision the Atty scratching her head and saying to herself, Hmmmm, wait a minute, I forgot all the Plaintiffs when I filed my complaint......in this set of facts.

It is also easier to serve notice upon the Anthony's, just as a side note.

:waitasec:I am wondering if this is just a motion to amend the complaint and it is not officially amended as of yet so as to make the Anthony's a party..
Lotsa questions....
I'm just not jumping to conclusions till the paperwork is available. :silenced:

Holdin' the ol' emotions in check.:blowkiss:

jmo

So what exactly does that mean anyway? The Anthony's have to go down to the empty lot to throw any temper tantrums? They can't water people walking down the sidewalk? I don't get it.

Glad to see that I am not the only one confused by this WESH article. I've been trying to find out if the HOA has a listing of its members, but the best I could do was come up with records dating back to 2004. I was also hoping to find some bylaws somewhere, but zip. Because of the date, I am not ready to post the link just yet.

I'm just not sure how the HOA can add the Anthonys in with this injunction unless they are filing it together. I think the only thing the HOA could do against the Anthonys would be to fine them for disturbing the peace or for violating the terms of the HOA.
As for eviction, the HOA does not own the property, so how could they even have a prayer in doing that?

I'm ready to whack a trout at WESH for their 'loose' attempt at journalism.

LOL, bringing in the Guardian Angels may have been a bad political move. It may have scared the neighbors and the HOA, esp. after the incident where they allegedly chased someone down the street and threatened with the taser.

I'd really like to know more about this. Anyone have a link that isn't quite as cryptic as the WESH one?

I just called WESH and left a message for Jeff XXXXXXX for clarification. If I hear anything, I'll post it here. I think they'll probably fix it online before they'll call me back though. Even the receptionist said, "That IS confusing" :D

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dmccastor
Back