Holly Bobo found deceased, discussion thread *Arrests* #6

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am not a lawyer but I did read up on revoking immunity agreements and it was a sore problem legally. SA's attorney is fighting most likely in another court (Supreme court? seach didn't show me SA's name but don't know his attorney's name). Not uncommon from what I've read for the subject to be brought up in agruments in courts & my limited legal advice. (online, ha ha)

Broken immunity aggrements have limited information, imo. Touchy subject.

I'd think for SA to gain any cred, he needs to back his talk. He knows. I've read it about it elsewhere. Give the final true info dude! jmo

Bumping a snippet of Mr. N's post:

BBM: And that is exactly what happened this morning at Dylan's hearing on the 2 counts of rape: DA pleaded NOT Guilty to rape !

My opinions only, no facts here:

The recent developments about the main suspect's younger brother (dropped charges, new charges, Not Guilty plea on the new charges, low bail amount, etc.) remind me of a line near the end of the Sherlock Holmes episode called The Second Stain: "surely there is more to this than meets the eye".

In the meantime, the younger brother must watch his back at all times. His enemies could be anybody.

Sleuth On!

I am not sure I get what the family of Adams is focusing on here. Being resentful of the victim's family, who are not involved at all in the prosecution of this family's loved one, seems bizarre to me. As for the bail amount, I am gobsmacked. I do agree that bonding him out might make him more vulnerable to threats in the community.

Holly and the Bobos deserve justice here. I would hope that someone wouldn't take it upon themselves to rob them of that chance by executing alleged participants.

Notes reported re the $25,000 bond amount:
1 The judge says it's the right amount, because it's the same amount he requires for other defendants accused of the same crime in the past
2 Dylan's family says they can afford to pay it, but might not, with the thought that jail might be a safer place for him to be

Snippets from the Jackson Sun:

Dylan Adams pleads not guilty to rape

Dylan Adams, 26, appeared before Judge C. Creed McGinley for his arraignment in Circuit Court on the charges. McGinley appointed attorney Matthew Maddox, of Huntingdon, as Adams' public defender, after Adams swore that the information in his affidavit of indigency was correct.

Maddox requested that a bond be set for Dylan Adams, and District Attorney Matt Stowe requested the "maximum" amount.

"I don't know that there is a maximum bond," McGinley said. "Two counts of simple rape, that means its a class C felony.

More at Link: http://www.jacksonsun.com/story/news/2014/10/22/dylan-adams-pleads-guilty-rape/17749513/

From the Jackson Sun:

Dylan Adams pleads not guilty to rape

Stowe also said that Dylan Adams has been judged competent in the past to stand trial and that if defense attorneys want to make a motion for more intelligence testing, he will respond to the motions.

"That's not one of the major concerns that we have at this time," he said. "If a motion is made in court based on that, then we will respond to a motion at that time."

More at Link: http://www.jacksonsun.com/story/news/2014/10/22/dylan-adams-pleads-guilty-rape/17749513/

Snippets From WSMV:

A judge set a $25,000 bond for Dylan Adams, charged with two counts of rape of Holly Bobo on the day she disappeared, in Decatur County Circuit Court on Wednesday [10-22-14] morning.

Dylan Adams' uncle said his family hasn't decided whether to bond him out of Jail. They said he may want to stay in jail for his own protection.

Dylan and Zachary Adams' family also said they are unhappy with what they called "preferential treatment" of the Bobo family during the court proceedings and may file a complaint with the ACLU.

Link: http://www.wsmv.com/story/26856964/judge-sets-bond-for-suspect-in-holly-bobo-disappearance

simple rape? Please tell me that is a legal term.

From WKRN:

District Attorney Matt Stowe said a mental evaluation has not been requested for Dylan Adams, but he is confident Adams can stand trial.

“I can confirm that Dylan Adams has been judged competent in the past to stand trial and face charges,” Stowe said.

According to a federal pre-sentencing report in connection with Adams' unrelated federal weapons convictions, he has a high school diploma and vocational training.

More at Link: http://www.wkrn.com/story/26856622/dylan-adams-in-court-holly-bobo-rape

Snippets from News Channel 5:

Dylan Adams, wearing an orange jumpsuit, entered the plea in court in Decatur County Wednesday morning. The judge set a bond of $25,000, and set the next court date for December 17.

Earlier this month, a special grand jury in Decatur County indicted him on two counts of rape. Agents with the Tennessee Bureau of Investigation said Dylan Adams admitted he was involved in the forcible rape of Bobo on April 13, 2011, the day she went missing from her family's home in Darden.

More at Link: http://www.jrn.com/newschannel5/news/Dylan-Adams-Set-For-Court-Hearing-Wednesday-280029502.html

From News Channel 5:

Miller [Dylan's uncle] says Dylan is innocent and believes the 26-year-old has been coerced into testimony by TBI Agents. He is also questioning why pink and green ribbons, signifying "Justice for Holly" surround the outside and parts of the inside of the Decatur County Courthouse.

"Because there’s so much hype going on people have formed the opinion that these people are guilty," Moss Miller told a crowd of reporters.

More at Link: http://www.jrn.com/newschannel5/news/Dylan-Adams-Set-For-Court-Hearing-Wednesday-280029502.html

Ok, so I tweeted Jordan Buie in regards to looking into DA's work history and he messaged me saying he would look into it!

Ok, so I tweeted Jordan Buie in regards to looking into DA's work history and he messaged me saying he would look into it!

:seeya: Good idea, DF !

According to the prosecutor, he finished high school and had vocational training ...

This "low IQ" is nothing but bull !

:moo:

:seeya: Good idea, DF !

According to the prosecutor, he finished high school and had vocational training ...

This "low IQ" is nothing but bull !

:moo:

I completely agree! If anything, perhaps it's drug use impairing his brain. I really hope Buie gets the diet on this, I've been wanting to know where he has worked or if he worked at all.

Let me say....the family of the Adams brothers are doing what they have always done. They have a history of defending the actions of these criminal kids. According to their family, the boys are never guilty of anything. ZA can shoot his own mom or beat his grandfather and later, the victims will rush to Zach's defense. I will have none of that. Take a look at the long rap sheets, friends. ZA, especially, deserved to be in jail for life before any of this happened to Holly. I think the legal system in that area is partly responsible for her death....they refused to seriously punish ZA for his previous and on-going crimes.

I have zero sympathy for them.

I don't know, I'm on the wrong planet - Holly has been tortured and likely died a horrific death - yet the judge says "simple rape"!
Oh, and then we have the claim that the Bobo's are getting preferential treatment!?

I completely agree! If anything, perhaps it's drug use impairing his brain. I really hope Buie gets the diet on this, I've been wanting to know where he has worked or if he worked at all.

I agree. Dylan's uncle may be saying he is "slow". But to me he is the smartest one. He is the one with a low and achievable bail amount. He has entered a plea of "not guilty" so he can bargain for a lesser charge on the rape(s). He has been depicted as the "caboose" of the A-train and even I fell for it. But in the end he may be driving this train right into hell.

JMO's

I am not a lawyer but I did read up on revoking immunity agreements and it was a sore problem legally. SA's attorney is fighting most likely in another court (Supreme court? seach didn't show me SA's name but don't know his attorney's name). Not uncommon from what I've read for the subject to be brought up in agruments in courts & my limited legal advice. (online, ha ha)

Broken immunity aggrements have limited information, imo. Touchy subject.

I'd think for SA to gain any cred, he needs to back his talk. He knows. I've read it about it elsewhere. Give the final true info dude! jmo

1 I'm fairly sure there is no ongoing case between LE and SA, which is why you can't find info about one. It was dismissed for being in the wrong venue, not continued or moved.
2 We do have a history of LE saying they are going to arrest him, and it's imminent, but obviously was just bluster since that was 6 months ago.
3 If LE had something to arrest him for, nothing is in their way. SA asked a court to prevent an arrest, but they referred the case to a different venue IF THEY WANTED TO PURSUE IT, and there has been no preventative in place.
4 Lack of charges could also indicate that, without fanfare, the agreement has actually been honored, differences in the past have since been resolved, and that SA and LE are on the same side. They wouldn't have to tell us, if they had done that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member