Holly Bobo found deceased, discussion thread *Arrests* #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
DA: Charges against suspect in Bobo case still being pursued

Olin Baker, Pearcy's attorney, said tonight that the case against Jeffrey Pearcy wasn't presented to the grand jury on the 21st.

"I was told they (investigators) wanted to take more time on it," he said. "I was told if it's presented, I'll be called."

Woodall confirmed tonight that Pearcy's charges haven't been dismissed and said his office is still waiting for lab work at the Tennessee Bureau of Investigation to be completed and turned in before presenting the case.

It's unknown right now when the case will be presented.

http://www.tennessean.com/story/new...sent-to-grand-jury/18155861/?sf33147943=['1']

Olin Baker, Pearcy's attorney, said tonight that the case against Jeffrey Pearcy wasn't presented to the grand jury on the 21st.

"I was told they (investigators) wanted to take more time on it," he said. "I was told if it's presented, I'll be called."

Woodall confirmed tonight that Pearcy's charges haven't been dismissed and said his office is still waiting for lab work at the Tennessee Bureau of Investigation to be completed and turned in before presenting the case.

http://www.tennessean.com/story/new...sent-to-grand-jury/18155861/?sf33147943=['1']

My opinions only, no facts here:

This guy made it to age 42 without committing anything worse than traffic violations. I am repeating myself from earlier posts, but if we believe that a long felony criminal record makes someone a likely suspect in this case, the lack of such a record indicates an unlikely suspect. To me, this guy is a weak suspect, at best. However, his younger half-brother is reported to have a past felony criminal record.

I notice that over the past little while, the authorities have been tactically retreating from charges against either of the cell-phone video brothers (but with imaginative excuses). It feels to me like the authorities are backing off from these two, but are as yet unwilling to Cowboy-up and admit it.

Sleuth On!

:seeya: Yes, good point.

Now making an analogy here :innocent: and not to go off topic: in Knox's case, there was OTHER overwhelming evidence of her guilt. Yes, there was dna and yes, there was a huge dispute about the dna results -- but the jury in that case did NOT rely ONLY on the DNA.

Now in Holly's case, I think that there is much more than just dna evidence, especially since you have 2 of the A's that have talked !

:moo:

There was not "OTHER overwhelming evidence of guilt". There was actually almost no evidence against her, and the forensic evidence introduced in court was severely flawed, with significant indication of evidence tampering and malpractice by investigators. When the court considered the flaws in the forensic evidence, she was acquitted by virtue of innocence. The supreme court then directed the appeals court to place greater weight on the non tangible evidence and emotional arguments and ignore the many flaws in the physical evidence. That is what resulted in the last finding by the second appeal trial, it was a farce of justice.

In an American court the case would have resulted in an acquittal on the basis of reasonable doubt.

In other words they know they don't have any evidence and are trying to save face by saying that they are "waiting for results" and that the case will be presented to the GJ "sometime in the future". Then they will quietly forget about it and we will not hear anything more.

But at the same time, the idea that there is this video of HB being raped out there will have been planted in potential jurors minds and in rumours, so that by the time the main cases come to trial, the juror pool will believe that the accused are guilty irrespective of whatever evidence is presented in trial, and will "do the right thing". They will never come out and say that they can't find this video, they will just leave the general public perception that there is such a video even though no one can find it.

There was not "OTHER overwhelming evidence of guilt". There was actually almost no evidence against her, and the forensic evidence introduced in court was severely flawed, with significant indication of evidence tampering and malpractice by investigators. When the court considered the flaws in the forensic evidence, she was acquitted by virtue of innocence. The supreme court then directed the appeals court to place greater weight on the non tangible evidence and emotional arguments and ignore the many flaws in the physical evidence. That is what resulted in the last finding by the second appeal trial, it was a farce of justice.

In an American court the case would have resulted in an acquittal on the basis of reasonable doubt.

I would respond -- but do not want to "derail" this thread as this thread is about Holly Bobo !

However, we will have to agree to disagree.

JMO!

From the Jackson Sun:

DA still looks to charge Jeff Pearcy

District Attorney General Jerry Woodall said the charges against Jeffrey Pearcy in connection with the Holly Bobo case are still being pursued.

Pearcy was charged with tampering with evidence and accessory after the fact in May. Investigators said they believe he has knowledge of a video showing Bobo alive after her abduction.

More at Link: http://www.jacksonsun.com/story/news/2014/10/29/da-still-looks-charge-pearcy/18159691/

From the Jackson Sun:

DA still looks to charge Jeff Pearcy

Nichole Manna, The Jackson Sun 11:03 p.m. CDT October 29, 2014

After the preliminary hearing, his case was sent to the grand jury, which met Oct. 21.

Olin Baker, Pearcy's attorney, said Wednesday that the case against Jeffrey Pearcy wasn't presented to the grand jury on the 21st.

Woodall confirmed Wednesday that Pearcy's charges haven't been dismissed and said his office is still waiting for lab work at the Tennessee Bureau of Investigation to be completed and turned in before presenting the case.

More at Link: http://www.jacksonsun.com/story/news/2014/10/29/da-still-looks-charge-pearcy/18159691/

In my humble opinion........

Jeff Pearcy and Mark Pearcy should have never been charged until they found the actual video. It was hearsay that brought about these charges. Do I doubt the woman that came forward, still haven't made my mind up yet on that.

In some ways I believe these arrests "May" have been politically motivated, since it was getting close to election time and the momentum of the case was hot n heavy to say the least. There was nothing for 3 years and then boom, boom and boom. They were listening to local gossip about the video. Maybe the fact is there is a video but until they find it.....

I'm thankful that at least this new DA is crossing his T's and dotting his I's... He has to prove beyond a reasonable doubt. AND I would hate to think people would get off with their part in Holly's kidnapping, rape, murder and desecration of Holly's body.

From Will Nunley:

Will Nunley retweeted WZTV FOX 17 @wztv_fox17 · 13h 13 hours ago

DA Does Not Pursue Evidence, Accessory Charges Against Holly Bobo Defendant

From Fox 17:

As it stands now, Jeff Pearcy has no open charges against him but the statute of limitations has not run out in the case, so prosecutors may still pursue charges against him later.

http://fox17.com/news/features/top-...bo-defendant-24359.shtml#.VFGdoh3fMeg.twitter … #LiveOnFOX17

Jeff Pearcy and Mark Pearcy should have never been charged until they found the actual video. It was hearsay that brought about these charges. Do I doubt the woman that came forward, still haven't made my mind up yet on that.

In some ways I believe these arrests "May" have been politically motivated, since it was getting close to election time and the momentum of the case was hot n heavy to say the least. There was nothing for 3 years and then boom, boom and boom. They were listening to local gossip about the video. Maybe the fact is there is a video but until they find it.....

I'm thankful that at least this new DA is crossing his T's and dotting his I's... He has to prove beyond a reasonable doubt. AND I would hate to think people would get off with their part in Holly's kidnapping, rape, murder and desecration of Holly's body.

I personally would have been a bit surprised if this video ever was found. At first it's existance seemed feasible, but after hearing the background of the charges, I came to the personal conclusion that something was a little off about the whole thing.

MP had an ex wife who was named Holly and was blonde. JP was willing to stand in front of a plethora of cameras and answer questions, make statements, and attack LE for what he said were completely bogus charges, and finally, (my opinion only) I think that the witness, SK, was not credible. I believe she made herself believe what she wanted to believe.

Why would someone with no prior criminal history suddenly decide to show an acquaintance evidence in a highly publicised ongoing murder investigation? That makes no sense.

I believe alot of what was done in the case of MP and JP was the effect of a "fruit on poison tree" situation. The former district attorney, Hansel Mcadams, was known for some wild behavior - riding around in BMWs and helicopters confiscated by the DEA as if he owned them.

If what I'm saying is correct, it's a shame that JP's life and career have been disrupted and possibly ruined by the allegations of a district attorney with only his own political aspirations in mind.

My opinions only.

:seeya: Hi, Lyric !

BBM: Yes he is ... and he definitely has some sort of "strategy" going ... sure wish we knew what it is ... lol !

Adding to your post:

The P brothers were charged under the previous D.A., McAdams. And remember that fiasco in court when MP did not show up ? Well, that was when McAdams was still in office as they had not had the "changing of the guard" yet.

From WSMV on 8/18/14:

Decatur County will also soon have a new district attorney, Matt Stowe. The Bobos hope new officials will mean more organization for the case.

See http://www.wsmv.com/story/26307944/continuance-issued-in-case-of-holly-bobo-suspect

I personally would have been a bit surprised if this video ever was found. At first it's existance seemed feasible, but after hearing the background of the charges, I came to the personal conclusion that something was a little off about the whole thing.

MP had an ex wife who was named Holly and was blonde. JP was willing to stand in front of a plethora of cameras and answer questions, make statements, and attack LE for what he said were completely bogus charges, and finally, (my opinion only) I think that the witness, SK, was not credible. I believe she made herself believe what she wanted to believe.

Why would someone with no prior criminal history suddenly decide to show an acquaintance evidence in a highly publicised ongoing murder investigation? That makes no sense.

I believe alot of what was done in the case of MP and JP was the effect of a "fruit on poison tree" situation. The former district attorney, Hansel Mcadams, was known for some wild behavior - riding around in BMWs and helicopters confiscated by the DEA as if he owned them.

If what I'm saying is correct, it's a shame that JP's life and career have been disrupted and possibly ruined by the allegations of a district attorney's political wishes.

My opinions only.

emphasized by me: I don't know, but, I think of all the cases around here where people do very stupid things. Because they can? I'm still out on judgement. However I am in the same like mind as you about ruining someones life, without the actual proof.

Jumping the gun without facts, hard copy proof, really ruins people lives.

:seeya: Hi, Lyric !

BBM: Yes he is ... and he definitely has some sort of "strategy" going ... sure wish we knew what it is ... lol !

Adding to your post:

The P brothers were charged under the previous D.A., McAdams. And remember that fiasco in court when MP did not show up ? Well, that was when McAdams was still in office as they had not had the "changing of the guard" yet.

From WSMV on 8/18/14:

Decatur County will also soon have a new district attorney, Matt Stowe. The Bobos hope new officials will mean more organization for the case.

See http://www.wsmv.com/story/26307944/continuance-issued-in-case-of-holly-bobo-suspect

HiYa Doggone cutie Pie!!!! :tyou:

If what I'm saying is correct, it's a shame that JP's life and career have been disrupted and possibly ruined by the allegations of a district attorney's political wishes.

My opinions only.

:seeya:

Just jumping off your post here ... fwiw ... lol !

1st BBM: JMO but I do think there is "something" -- whether it is a "video" or maybe even a "photo" -- just not sure ... I remember that presser and the look on McAdams' face when a reporter questioned him about a "video" ... it's here somewhere, but don't have the link handy.

2nd BBM: JMO but I do believe she was credible ... you would have to be "crazy" to make up anything like this. I think Jeff got "dragged" into this mess by his brother MP, who is a friend of the A's ...

3rd BBM: I agree it makes no sense ... and a lot of things in this case makes no sense !

But on the other hand, ya never know -- sometimes people do foolish things without thinking !

JMO and :moo:

1st BBM: JMO but I do think there is "something" -- whether it is a "video" or maybe even a "photo" -- just not sure ... I remember that presser and the look on McAdams' face when a reporter questioned him about a "video" ... it's here somewhere, but don't have the link handy.

Let's admit that they have never had this perhaps-mythical video, ever.

They may have thought one exists (and may still think that).
They may have even tried to intimidate someone, via extreme legal charges, to give them one (without hard proof they ever had this perhaps-mythical video).
They may be looking high and low to try to find it, hoping against hope.

But they have never had such a perhaps-mythical video. Ever. Of that, there really is no doubt at this point.

:seeya: Hey dog.gone.cute

Well, I don't know.

To me, when I saw SK on the witness stand, she just reminded me of "that lady who saw the ufo".

I can't remember the timeline to the point of when she was said to have come foward, but if it was before that presser where Mcadams and Director Gwyn had "that look", I would think they were probably just recalling SK's accusations.

JMO...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member