Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nichole Manna ‏@NicholeManna 12m12 minutes ago

#BREAKING In response, Stowe said, Gwyn "formally communicated his intent today to suspend TBI involvement in District 24 cases @JSunNews

Nichole Manna ‏@NicholeManna 8m8 minutes ago

Release says TBI involvement is suspended until "all parties could meet with Attorney General to discuss &resolve matters at hand" @jsunnews

:gaah: I wish we had more details as to what really happened between the D.A. and TBI !

Probably has something to do with evidence from crime labs not being ready.

I believe you are right. Evidence collected back in mid September, results not back yet and / or revealing to Defense Attorneys. Prior discovery was to happen by August 31, 2014. Seems that didn't happen. Somebody is not doing their job. And that started before Stowe came into office. Maybe even 3 years ago. Seems to me that Stowe is holding some feet to the fire. It may be unpopular and radical to some people, but it seems like the changes needed for not only this case but I'm sure others as well. The same ole same ole is not working anymore.

JMO

I believe you are right. Evidence collected back in mid September, results not back yet and / or revealing to Defense Attorneys. Prior discovery was to happen by August 31, 2014. Seems that didn't happen. Somebody is not doing their job. And that started before Stowe came into office. Maybe even 3 years ago. Seems to me that Stowe is holding some feet to the fire. It may be unpopular and radical to some people, but it seems like the changes needed for not only this case but I'm sure others as well. The same ole same ole is not working anymore.

JMO

It's kind of hard to imagine. I'm picturing DA Stowe on the phone 2 or 3 times everyday with the TBI wanting to know about the evidence "is it ready yet? No. Is it ready yet? No." Finally the day before the big hearing, he hears "no" for the last time, calls the director of the TBI and says: "Ok, get out of my district, and don't ever come back." A news reporter confronts him about it, and he's so ticked that he just slams the car door and drives off.

Just another day in the life of a DA I guess...

The LE agencies have made clear their concerns of cost regarding labs and tech support for cases. Time is money. Each time they haul these guys into Court from jurisdictions all over the area it costs money for security, etc. It costs Attorney time to twiddle thumbs waiting for results. We're talking MONTHS. Meanwhile the case clogs the court system and delays Justice for the victim(s). So if Gwyn's reaction to being called on it is to take his toys and go home, so be it. If hiring outside labs or creating his own team of forensics, so be it. The voters wanted change, now they are getting it.

JMO's

JMO

The failure to perform on discovery is solely on Stowe, and no one else. Let's not make excuses for a man who is failing to do his job, as required by law.

I am in hopes that one District Attorney did not hedge his bets and raise the pot, based upon an upcoming election. Only for the other District Attorney to win that pot and find that it was based on promissory notes and no collateral.

JMO

Here is a statement from TBI director Mark Gwyn on the situation between the TBI, Matt Stowe, and the 24th judicial district. Apparently, in a meeting, Matt Stowe continuously accused TBI of misconduct.

“We certainly regret these unprecedented circumstances playing out in the media,” said TBI Director Mark Gwyn. “But in a meeting last week, which included 30th*District Attorney General Amy Weirich, 28th*District Attorney and President of the Tennessee District Attorneys General Conference Garry Brown, and Wally Kirby, Executive Director of the Conference, Stowe made allegations of misconduct by TBI and other law enforcement agencies, both local and federal. He also repeatedly stated he wanted our Agency to suspend all activities in his district, after which Weirich removed her office’s resources from the Holly Bobo case. Stowe may characterize this as a misunderstanding, but his requests were clear and I wasn’t the only one who heard it.”

http://wreg.com/2014/12/17/tbi-our-holly-bobo-investigation-is-suspended-per-das-request/

"Since Holly Bobo’s disappearance in 2011, TBI Special Agents have devoted thousands of hours of casework and forensic analysis. The investigative records and the results from a vast majority of the evidence submitted in the Bobo case have already been turned over to the District Attorney General’s office for his further investigation, review, and prosecution. The results of pending forensic analysis in the case will be provided in a timely manner. As of this date and until further notice, TBI personnel will no longer offer comment or information about the Bobo case or any other case originating in the 24th*Judicial District."

http://wreg.com/2014/12/17/tbi-our-holly-bobo-investigation-is-suspended-per-das-request/

New Daily Mail article thought I would post it. I hate when accused people smirk in court as if they are taunting the victims family who are going through living h*ll.

"The three men charged with the rape and murder of Tennessee nursing student Holly Bobo showed up to court Wednesday and they brought their smiling mugs along for the cameras.

Zach Adams and Jason Autry are the two men charged with Bobo's kidnapping and murder. Dylan Adams, Zach Adams' brother, is charged with rape in the case which dates back to April 2011, when Bobo vanished near her Parsons home.

Zach Adams and Autry's laid back attitude may have stemmed from what court observers in Tennessee see as a weak case built by Decatur prosecutors."

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...t-come-evidence-killed-her.html#ixzz3MDznzhRl

Huge development. Stowe is stepping aside, to hand off the Bobo case to a special prosecutor.

Nichole Manna ‏@NicholeManna 2h2 hours ago

#BREAKING: DA to request special prosecutor for #HollyBobo case, TBI resumes services http://www.jacksonsun.com/story/new...-for-bobo-case-tbi-resumes-services/20613489/ … via @JSunNews

Much needed imo. I haven't been impressed by Stowe at all, and glad to see him replaced on something that can't afford to be repeatedly botched.

I don't think you can blame Stowe directly for what is going on, the case and whatever evidence is involved was pretty much set before he assumed office. LE and the assistant DAs did not change when he assumed office, and they were the ones leading the investigation and prosecution. It is hard to see how he could have had much influence over things or the outcome at that point. Never the less, he is the incumbent DA now and therefore in charge, and reading between the lines I would hazard a guess that he is less than impressed by the work conducted on preparing the case.

That is probably what is going on at the moment.

I don't think you can blame Stowe directly for what is going on, the case and whatever evidence is involved was pretty much set before he assumed office.

I do blame him, and I don't trust him or his ability to perform at all.

It has been one missed deadline after another since he took office. Then his lack of readiness leads to a dustup with TBI (imo trying to get them to take the fall for his failure to do his job). Now he decides he better hand the job to someone else.

I see this as one stall tactic after another, frankly. Does he even have a case? I wonder. The judge jumps down his throat and puts him on a serious deadline, and it looks to me like he lacks anything coherent, so he tries to buy time by throwing a monkey wrench into the case and putting someone else in charge.

I'm concerned his bungling and bull-xxxx is going to prevent any chance to convict the guilty. I don't know if he has the right guys, or if he has any real evidence, but I see no legal pro here handling their business. Holly deserves better.

I don't think you can blame Stowe directly for what is going on, the case and whatever evidence is involved was pretty much set before he assumed office. LE and the assistant DAs did not change when he assumed office, and they were the ones leading the investigation and prosecution. It is hard to see how he could have had much influence over things or the outcome at that point. Never the less, he is the incumbent DA now and therefore in charge, and reading between the lines I would hazard a guess that he is less than impressed by the work conducted on preparing the case.

That is probably what is going on at the moment.

I have to agree with you here. My guess is even though there is supposed boxes of evidence, my guess is it consists of a whole lot of nothing very solid.

There has no doubt been a lot of time invested but just not a lot of results. It does seem like the only significant things LE had going for them was relying on people testifying against each other.
And relying on the infamous video that has not surfaced.

I do think the case may still be salvagable but they had better re-enter into that plea deal they backed out of. And make sure they give Dylan a good enough deal for him to tell all he knows. That seems like the only thing they really have unless they can somehow tie the skull to someone being present with the skull.

I cant hold anything against this new DA because I suspect he was shocked to look at all the evidence and find nothing he can work with. Its all so very sad because Holly deserved much better than this fiasco. I am keeping my hopes up the case is salvagable and they do prosecute the right people. She needs justice and it had better be the right people.

I'm not swayed by this TBI & Matt Stowe report. Each have something that might be bothering them in Holly's case as it obviously appears or not? Bring it on. Good or bad. You are committed now to explain. Better than what the news says. Specifically in regards to Holly's abduction and murder. Spill it.

I do blame him, and I don't trust him or his ability to perform at all.

It has been one missed deadline after another since he took office. Then his lack of readiness leads to a dustup with TBI (imo trying to get them to take the fall for his failure to do his job). Now he decides he better hand the job to someone else.

I see this as one stall tactic after another, frankly. Does he even have a case? I wonder. The judge jumps down his throat and puts him on a serious deadline, and it looks to me like he lacks anything coherent, so he tries to buy time by throwing a monkey wrench into the case and putting someone else in charge.

I'm concerned his bungling and bull-xxxx is going to prevent any chance to convict the guilty. I don't know if he has the right guys, or if he has any real evidence, but I see no legal pro here handling their business. Holly deserves better.

But all of that stuff was supposed to have been done, or at least be ready to be done before he took office. The DA's office and LE have a staff who were supposed to be handling all of that, but obviously they didn't. He is just the boss, he depends on his subordinates doing their job, particularly if they were supposed to have done their job before he took office. What did you expect him to do? He can't use magic, and if his staff were not ready there is not a whole lot he could have done to change that. He can rant and rave at them, and that is apparently what he did, but it doesn't change the fact that they were not ready.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member