Holly Bobo found deceased, discussion thread *Arrests* #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
news? from nick beres facebook;

https://www.facebook.com/NC5NickBeres

"BREAKING: I am on to exclusive new developments today in the Holly Bobo murder case! Could the charges against both murder suspects be dropped? The judge must now consider that possibility. Exclusive story at 6!"

http://www.jrn.com/newschannel5/news/New-Motion-Asks-Charges-In-Bobo-Case-Be-Dropped-287133481.html

Defense attorneys in the Holly Bobo case are now demanding that all charges against the two prime suspects be dismissed.

Attorneys for Zach Adams and Jason Autry have filed a motion asking for all charges to be dismissed against them. This stems from a court hearing earlier this month when Judge Creed McGinley expressed his frustration that the prosecution had yet to provide key discovery to defense attorneys.

Video. Haven't had a chance to watch it or read article yet. When will the motion to dismiss be heard? Any word on that?

Video. Haven't had a chance to watch it or read article yet. When will the motion to dismiss be heard? Any word on that?

I read the article, but it does not mention when the Motion will be heard, and the video said not available :gaah:

I checked a couple of other msm sites, but nothing on this motion yet.

If I see a date for the hearing, I'll post it.

From JRN:

New Motion Asks Charges In Bobo Case Be Dropped

At the recent hearing, Judge McGinley ordered the prosecution to provide additional discovery by December 24 -- one week ago.

Long said the state missed that deadline, and insisted that he's received nothing linking the suspects to a homicide.

Link: http://www.jrn.com/newschannel5/news/New-Motion-Asks-Charges-In-Bobo-Case-Be-Dropped-287133481.html

The Hearing was December 17, 2014 -- followed by that mess with the TBI and D.A. Stowe -- and then Stowe removed self from Holly's case -- and now awaiting a special prosecutor to be appointed to replace Stowe.

So on December 24, 2014, when the state is supposed to turn over the discovery to the defense, there is no prosecutor and no one in the D.A.'s office handling this ?

They need to get their act together for Holly !!!

The D.A.'s office is still responsible for it until it is transferred to another office or the charges are dropped.

Note that Stowe stepped aside on the case (basically he washed his hands of it), but there will still be assistant DAs assigned to it. If they all walked away the case would effectively be over, since there would be no one to oppose the motion for dismissal at the next hearing. That won't happen, someone will be there.

It seems a matter of time till charges are dropped, doesn't it.

:( This is so bad. I genuinely believe that the two main perps are likely the right parties, but if they were charged prematurely and this has screwed up the investigation/case against them, I do not even know what to say other than I have feared this for some time and I am sick over it.

<BBM for Focus>
Imo, the lack of leadership and performance was obvious in the TBI's marathon investigation of the tragic Holly Bobo abduction/murder from day one; 04/13/2011.. The blunders by Director Mark Gwyn, investigators of the Tennessee Bureau of Investigation, and the ousted District Attorney General Hansel McCadams, continued to mount throughout the past 3.5 years and are way too numerous to list on one thread..

Imo, District Attorney General Stowe is faced with cleaning up decades of corruption, malfeasance, and many other types of failure to discharge public obligations existing by common law, custom, or statute..jmo

Can you say TN; Meth Capitol of the USA in 2010, Decatur County; TN's meth capitol, DA's helicopter rides to football games, BMWs, ATVs, personal drug use of confiscated evidence, and possibly drug dealing by prior DA employees, etc., etc...
Well said, Foxfire, and UGH UGH UGH.

I have been here since Day 1, though I have been in and out the last year and a half while not much was going on.

Surely to God these murdering, despicable methheads won't get off now because of more corruption and bungling by the suits and powers that be?

It's beyond infuriating.

I am fairly loathe to agree with the defense attorney of the SOB, but, he makes a valid argument here.

Specifically, defense attorneys want to know more about the skull found earlier this year that prosecutors said is that of Holly Bobo -- arguably the key piece of evidence.

The defense motion states they have yet to receive the "dental record analysis and forensic studies performed on the skull," and that raises some serious questions.

"It would appear to me if they had a skull with a dental match they would have given that to us right away. It's a little suspicious why we don't have that forensic information," said Autry's attorney Fletcher Long.

http://www.jrn.com/newschannel5/new...-Bobo-Case-Be-Dropped-287133481.html?lc=Smart

* I am fairly loathe to agree with the defense attorney of the SOB, but, he makes a valid argument here.*

Specifically, defense attorneys want to know more about the skull found earlier this year that prosecutors said is that of Holly Bobo -- arguably the key piece of evidence.

The defense motion states they have yet to receive the "dental record analysis and forensic studies performed on the skull," and that raises some serious questions.

"It would appear to me if they had a skull with a dental match they would have given that to us right away. It's a little suspicious why we don't have that forensic information," said Autry's attorney Fletcher Long.

http://www.jrn.com/newschannel5/new...-Bobo-Case-Be-Dropped-287133481.html?lc=Smart

* :ditto:

WTF is going on ???

"It would seem to me in a murder case the first thing they would want to give us is proof that someone has been killed," said Long.
Also from ^^ link.

O/T
Wishing everyone a Happy New Year

:newyear:

~ Thank you all so much for keep me up-to-date with this case ~

R.I.P. Holly :candle:

How completely disheartening. Especially for the Bobo family going into the new year.

I am not throwing the towel in yet, as I do remember during either JA or DA's hearing that the judge said he had just realized that the one week period would be on Christmas Eve so there was some leeway on the one week schedule. HOWEVER, and I HATE to admit this, I agree with their lawyers. Their clients, no matter what I think of them, shouldn't be playing this waiting game just to see the evidence against them. I HOPE this is a result of mismanagement and not a result of a flimsy case but my faith in that is beginning to wane.

If they drop the charges can they recharge again in future if more evidence comes to light?

This is just incredible the way this case has been so poorly handled from the beginning.
I just want to be certain that the correct perp(s) are prosecuted. At this point from what little we know it seems there is a lack of solid evidence.
This case really worries me that LE could end up putting an extra wrong person or 2 in prison by mistake.

They may all be creeps but LE needs to be 100% certain they only prosecute the correct people.
I sure have not been convinced yet whether it was 1, 2, 3, or whoever else involved.

I sadly agree with the defense team that it is not fair to keep them waiting indefinitely for the prosecution to get their act together and turn over all their evidence. What a mess.

When the prosecution boasted about boxes and mounds of evidence I do think they have those boxes but I honestly think most of it is just documentation of all the searches and investigations they did which did not uncover much substance to be able to use in front of a jury.
The video never panned out and they relied way too heavily on something they did not have in their possession.

They do have the skull but they have 1 main problem with it. Trying to tie it to one of the perp(s).
They also have witness statements which seems to be the most solid thing so far although credibility of the witness will definitely be brought up.

From JRN:

New Motion Asks Charges In Bobo Case Be Dropped

At the recent hearing, Judge McGinley ordered the prosecution to provide additional discovery by December 24 -- one week ago.

Long said the state missed that deadline, and insisted that he's received nothing linking the suspects to a homicide.

Link: http://www.jrn.com/newschannel5/news/New-Motion-Asks-Charges-In-Bobo-Case-Be-Dropped-287133481.html

The Hearing was December 17, 2014 -- followed by that mess with the TBI and D.A. Stowe -- and then Stowe removed self from Holly's case -- and now awaiting a special prosecutor to be appointed to replace Stowe.

So on December 24, 2014, when the state is supposed to turn over the discovery to the defense, there is no prosecutor and no one in the D.A.'s office handling this ?

They need to get their act together for Holly !!!

Stowe strikes again. The guy is worthless, and I can't believe people can't see that. He has not done the work, and it's one excuse after another, trying to always blame it on others (such as the "good old boys" messed things up, I didn't know, we didn't have time, we didn't know that's what the judge wanted, it's the TBI's fault, it's not my job because I decided it should be handled by a "special prosecutor," and on and on it goes). This guy has been a disaster from the day he was elected - lots of talk, and no real work at doing the job. I suspect he's managed to alienate the few witnesses they had persuaded to talk, although that's just an impression that has yet to be played out. But the discovery has been ignored for months, and that's inexcusable.

I don't know who's wrong or right but it would be extremely disappointing if the charges were dropped. Charge them again, fine, but keep them in on something, which they pretty much have covered, I think. Regroup and go at it again.

Something doesn't smell right anyways, hope it comes to light soon.

bbm

The motto of the TBI is; "That guilt shall not escape, nor innocence suffer".

I don't know who's wrong or right but it would be extremely disappointing if the charges were dropped. Charge them again, fine, but keep them in on something, which they pretty much have covered, I think. Regroup and go at it again.

Something doesn't smell right anyways, hope it comes to light soon.

^Bold added

If only it were that easy. But when you lock someone up for a crime, and then don't take the steps required by law to let it go to trial, the "depriving them of their liberty without proof" is a ticking time bomb. ZA was in jail anyhow, but not JA, so the chance is growing he will get his charges dismissed with prejudice (meaning they can't be refiled at a later date).

I've been ranting for quite some time about the awful performance by Stowe. In reply I kept hearing how wonderful he is, how he's there to get rid of the ineffectiveness, and so on. Lotta talk, campaign promises and the like, but ...

Now people are beginning to see the problems he's causing for the case vs these guys. Two weeks ago he was again in court with his pants down in a legal sense, was given a drop dead deadline of one week, said he now understood what the judge wanted and he'd be sure and get it done - and he once again did nothing. This is not a good DA who works to get the job done, and I feel sorry for the family of Holly. They may be tricked into buying his smooth talk, but he is not doing them any favors at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
davidandrew32