Holly Bobo found deceased, discussion thread *Arrests* #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was just complaining about the hot mess going on in the Arias trial. Now it doesn't look so bad. :no:

:seeya:

Yep ... both case are hot mess and I'm following both :gaah:

Also, following the McStay Family case, which is another hot mess case :gaah:

I think the issues Stowe had will become self evident to the defense once they receive discovery.

Beyond that I don't think they can compel him to testify, since there is nothing to suggest that he is in possession of any secret information outside of whatever might be in discovery.

If he had a difference of opinion regarding tactics, interpretation of evidence or just a plain personality conflict, that in itself would not be admissible as evidence in court.

He is not a collector or analyzer of forensic (or other) evidence, so he would have nothing of value to add to a trial outside of an opinion, and that would be regarded as prejudicial one way or another. So, unless they can show that he is in possession of undisclosed evidence, or is aware of it, they can't call him.

:seeya:

BBM: Yes, good points -- any differences in strategy, opinions, etc. would NOT be admissible in court.

But why would JA's defense attorney Long state that he is going to subpoena Stowe ?

Maybe Stowe knows "something" that could be admissible ? ?

:dunno:

BBM: Yes, good points -- any differences in strategy, opinions, etc. would NOT be admissible in court.

But why would JA's defense attorney Long state that he is going to subpoena Stowe ?

Maybe Stowe knows "something" that could be admissible ? ?

:dunno:

That's the gist of it. Stowe, in his refusal to "play well with others," has thrown accusations at TBI for lack of competence (pertaining to this case), and has said he won't even participate any longer because he refuses to work with them.

Keep in mind that after he fired them, he never again agreed to work with them, but instead he quit because he wouldn't back off of his attitude towards them and they essentially said "Then screw you."

So his accusations against them
1 are relevant as to the reliability of whatever they may say in court re the defendants/Holly
2 are relevant as to whether he is justified in his refusal to work with them, quit the case, and demand the court waits while someone else starts over in his place

It's sort of a catch-22. If he says it's not a big deal, then the defense is going to object to his request to add the delay of a different prosecutor ...and if it's intolerable, then the defense is going to push to find out whether TBI is not to be trusted (which then opens up lots of legit questions), or whether Stowe has botched the case and is looking for a start-over in violation of the defendants rights.

My sense of things is that Stowe has been a defense attorney for many years, and has no clue how to work on the other side of the process. These sorts of stunts, with delays and accusations, work quite well in trying to cast a "reasonable doubt" over a case, but they don't work at all when you work within the limits of LE and what they can do to a defendant and a case. IMO. I really don't think he has much of a clue as to how to properly prosecute a big time criminal case, even though he may have defended some in his past. It's not simply a matter of changing chairs in the courtroom and arguing from a different angle, not even close.

"Court dates postponed against men accused of killing Holly Bobo".

DECATURVILLE, TN (WSMV) - "Court dates for two men accused of murdering Holly Bobo have been postponed until a new prosecutor for the case is appointed, according the the Decatur County sheriff."

"According to Decatur County Sheriff Keith Byrd, he spoke with McGinley today and was told the cases have been postponed until a prosecutor is appointed."

http://m.wmctv.com/wmctv/pm_/contentdetail.htm?contentguid=od:dxpB69fs

The next thing on the docket would be the already-filed Motion to Dismiss, and the state has to have someone there to argue against it. Thus, the delay until that time.

This name rings a bell for some reason. Is she the one that Stowe had appointed to begin with and she filed to be dropped?

#‎BREAKING‬ Judge has appointed Jennifer Nichols from Shelby county to oversee ‪#‎HollyBobo‬ case @NC5

https://www.facebook.com/NC5ChrisConte?fref=nf

http://www.jrn.com/newschannel5/new...For-Holly-Bobo-Murder-Suspects-287683691.html

I don't think Stowe "appointed" her per se, but yes she was the asst DA who was on loan, so to speak, from another DA when Stowe had sought help ...and yes, her DA took her off the case when Stowe went bonkers.

This name rings a bell for some reason.

Is she the one that Stowe had appointed to begin with and she filed to be dropped?

#‎BREAKING‬ Judge has appointed Jennifer Nichols from Shelby county to oversee ‪#‎HollyBobo‬ case @NC5

https://www.facebook.com/NC5ChrisConte?fref=nf

http://www.jrn.com/newschannel5/new...For-Holly-Bobo-Murder-Suspects-287683691.html

BBM: Yep ...

After the last hearing in December, she filed a motion to be removed from the case. And now, just a few weeks later, she is back on the case.

Well now that that is settled, I hope they get their butts in gear and get this case moving !

In that event, I still have a HUGE problem with Stowe. Because, while he is giving lip service to making things right, his solution of walking away from the problem doesn't accomplish anything for justice.

I get the sense that everyone walked off the case because they couldn't deal with him. He apparently said something that got the TBI to not only stop working on the Bobo case, but to quit working with the district altogether. Jennifer Nichols asked to be taken off the case, but is now back on without him. Makes me think the thing that made her quit was Stowe himself. I don't like him. I don't like the unethical ways he's treating the defendants. But I suspect he quit partially because he knew the case needed the TBI and that was the only way to get them to work on it.

http://www.tbi.state.tn.us/about_us/authoriy.shtml
[h=2]Authority[/h]The Tennessee Bureau of Investigation (TBI) is Tennessee's primary criminal investigative agency. In that role, the Bureau is responsible for providing support to local law enforcement agencies in joint investigations and investigate crimes at the request of the local District Attorneys General for each of the state’s 31 Judicial Districts.

Technically, I don't think TBI could remove itself from investigating and assisting in Stowe's judicial district. Unless TBI has original jurisdiction to investigate certain things listed in the linked info, they have to assist local LE if requested. They cannot pick and choose. That is their job so to speak. Director Gwyn cannot just pull his agency out of an entire judicial district as he apparently tried to do. Stowe wasn't the one who announced to the world that he had accused TBI of misconduct. Director Gwyn did that. If Stowe is subpoenaed by the defense attorneys, LE has Gwyn to thank for that. With the latest bit of news about Nichols being appointed special prosecutor, I'm beginning to think there is a ring master somewhere pulling strings.

Sounds more and more like a case in which those in the know know the evidence is just not there; so it's become a legal game of musical chairs in which no one wants to be the one left standing who has to bring a losing case to trial. IMO.

From WKRN:

Hearings scheduled for later this month for two men accused of killing missing nursing student Holly Bobo have been postponed.

Defense attorney Fletcher Long told News 2 new court dates for Zach Adams and Jason Autry would be set some time following that appointment.

Adams and Autry had court appearances set for Jan. 14 and 21.

Link: http://wkrn.com/2015/01/06/court-dates-for-2-men-accused-of-killing-holly-bobo-postponed/

From NC5:

Decatur County Circuit Court Judge C. Creed McGinley assigned Deputy D.A Jennifer Nichols to the case on Tuesday.

Earlier, it had been reported that court appearances for Jason Autry and Zach Adams, the two men charged with kidnapping and murdering Bobo, had been postponed until a special prosecutor could be appointed.

Autry had been set to be in court on January 14, while Adams was scheduled for a court appearance on January 21. There was no immediate word on when those court appearances would take place.

Link: http://www.jrn.com/newschannel5/new...For-Holly-Bobo-Murder-Suspects-287683691.html

*NOTE*

These are conflicting reports, so if anyone sees when these hearings will take place, please post them ... and I will do the same :)

Thanks !

Snippets from the Jackson Sun:

Defense to subpoena DA in Bobo case; new prosecutor chosen:

General Stowe accused the TBI of misconduct regarding evidence,” Long said Tuesday. “I don’t know what he meant by that, but we are going to find out. It could be exculpatory, and we are entitled to see it under Brady (a reference to a ruling that says the prosecution cannot suppress evidence favorable or exculpatory to a defendant).”

On Tuesday Decatur County Circuit Judge C. Creed McGinley approved the appointment of Shelby County Deputy District Attorney Jennifer Nichols as the special prosecutor on the Bobo case.

More at the Link: http://www.jacksonsun.com/story/new...-da-bobo-case-new-prosecutor-chosen/21363997/

Sounds more and more like a case in which those in the know know the evidence is just not there; so it's become a legal game of musical chairs in which no one wants to be the one left standing who has to bring a losing case to trial. IMO.

DING DING DING

It is the lack of evidence that is making them all run from it. Nobody wants to lose this case and when they looked in all those boxes they claimed they had, they found nothing more than tons of documentation that amounted to a hill of beans.

For those of us who have followed Holly's case from those very first days, I think we all feel very frustrated with the law enforcement's handling of it...or mishandling of it. TBI, especially, has been a huge disappointment to me. Obviously I don't know what Stowe knows but I can compare Holly's case to years of following well-handled cases in other states and see that TBI repeatedly "drops the ball" with missing persons cases.

One area where they are especially weak is in public relations. Some may say this isn't important but I argue that it is crucially important. Without good contacts and public communications, you will not receive the information and tips you need to conduct a thorough and fruitful investigation. Giving the public everything you have is not what I'm expecting. But sharing enough to bring in good tips and helpful leads is vital. TBI never seems willing to do this. Because of this, they alienate the very public that could most assist them.

Second, they are cocky and stubborn. You can see this from their attitude with Stowe. When Stowe criticized them, they bowed up, publicly refused to assist him on Holly's case any longer and revealed what he said about them, thereby setting Holly's case up for possible failure and opening up a pathway for the defense to call Stowe to the stand about the matter. How ignorant is that? That is called, "cutting your nose off despite your face." So what if Stowe calls you a name or criticizes you in a board room? For the good of the case, you should let that roll off and move on. I think this very same attitude is pervasive in how TBI has dealt with the Bobo family. They refused to clear the family as suspects, which caused the family much additional pain. The family knew the names of the real suspects early on, yet for years nothing was done to pursue these men. Some may say that we don't know what TBI was doing, but we do know that the A-train are career criminals and TBI had plenty of chances to do more thorough and indepth investigation.

We all know that the more quickly cases are resolved, the better. How much more quickly would this case have been resolved if TBI had reached out to the public for information? What if they has released a timeline, the 911 calls, cleared the family of involvement, and revealed the area where they thought the perp had taken Holly through the woods? Simply following community chatter would have given them the names of the suspects in the earliest days.

Now I realize having the names and then gathering the evidence are two different animals. But this is the TBI. This is what they do. If they needed assistance they should have contacted the FBI. They would have helped them.

I have more points to make but my post is long. Let me say that I have great respect for Law Enforcement. My own husband is a Chaplain for the Sheriff's Department. Most work hard and are tireless, upstanding individuals. It pains me to criticize. But the TBI needs an overhaul. God bless them.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm just so pizzed off. I could rant but I'm pretty sure you all know what I should say. This is beyond frustrating.

For those of us who have followed Holly's case from those very first days, I think we all feel very frustrated with the law enforcement's handling of it...or mishandling of it. TBI, especially, has been a huge disappointment to me. Obviously I don't know what Stowe knows but I can compare Holly's case to years of following well-handled cases in other states and see that TBI repeatedly "drops the ball" with missing persons cases.

One area where they are especially weak is in public relations. Some may say this isn't important but I argue that it is crucially important. Without good contacts and public communications, you will not receive the information and tips you need to conduct a thorough and fruitful investigation. Giving the public everything you have is not what I'm expecting. But sharing enough to bring in good tips and helpful leads is vital. TBI never seems willing to do this. Because of this, they alienate the very public that could most assist them.

Second, they are cocky and stubborn. You can see this from their attitude with Stowe. When Stowe criticized them, they bowed up, publicly refused to assist him on Holly's case any longer and revealed what he said about them, thereby setting Holly's case up for possible failure and opening up a pathway for the defense to call Stowe to the stand about the matter. How ignorant is that? That is called, "cutting your nose off despite your face." So what if Stowe calls you a name or criticizes you in a board room? For the good of the case, you should let that roll off and move on. I think this very same attitude is pervasive in how TBI has dealt with the Bobo family. They refused to clear the family as suspects, which caused the family much additional pain. The family knew the names of the real suspects early on, yet for years nothing was done to pursue these men. Some may say that we don't know what TBI was doing, but we do know that the A-train are career criminals and TBI had plenty of chances to do more thorough and indepth investigation.

We all know that the more quickly cases are resolved, the better. How much more quickly would this case have been resolved if TBI had reached out to the public for information? What if they has released a timeline, the 911 calls, cleared the family of involvement, and revealed the area where they thought the perp had taken Holly through the woods? Simply following community chatter would have given them the names of the suspects in the earliest days.

Now I realize having the names and then gathering the evidence are two different animals. But this is the TBI. This is what they do. If they needed assistance they should have contacted the FBI. They would have helped them.

I have more points to make but my post is long. Let me say that I have great respect for Law Enforcement. My own husband is a Chaplain for the Sheriff's Department. Most work hard and are tireless, upstanding individuals. It pains me to criticize. But the TBI needs an overhaul. God bless them.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

'Excellent post, shefner'! Imo, they should start at the top @ the TBI, and work their way down. 'Silence is the predators most lethal weapon'...

I know it would take time, but for those who were not here on Holly's case in 2011 you could go back and read those earlier threads. It was discussed that it was quite likely there was more than one perp involved in Holly's abduction. We had even speculated that one of the those involved may have been a woman. We had discussed at length how the possibility of multiple participants increased the odds that someone would talk and information would be leaked.
I feel, and this is just me, that if the TBI had made any connections or built any trust within the community, then they would have received important clues within the first year of this case. Within the first year, all the A-train names were being discussed within the Parsons community. Chatter was circulating about Holly being stalked at the Coon Hunt event. Of course, TBI said nothing about this at all. We also questioned what Holly's activities had been in the days leading up to her disappearance. We had heard she may have attended a concert. Or was it her brother that attended the concert? Nothing could be confirmed because no one was answering any questions. How in the world can you help Law Enforcement if you have no idea where Holly had been...if perhaps you saw her...or if you knew someone who saw her...or if you had heard about an incident that involved her leading up to the disappearance?

The 911 calls were the earliest and best records of those very first moments of Holly's disappearance. The reasons they were never released are not clear to me. I do not care that LE does not HAVE to release them. They still SHOULD have released them. My understanding is that there were 3 calls. I think one of those was from Clint, Holly's brother. This call would be the most interesting and helpful. The times of the calls would also be pertinent. Could seeing that time clock and hearing that call trigger a memory for a local person? Could it bring a recall of a particular car or truck or event that went on the day of Holly's abduction? Perhaps it could have, if those calls had been released in a timely manner. Now, I fear its too late to be much good.

Due to the lack of information released to the public, I have always wondered if Holly was somehow involved with LE as an informant...or a witness to some type of crime. Could Holly have known information against one of these A-train men and have given this knowledge to police, thereby making her a target? I don't think Holly had any type of relationship with these criminal associations...but even so, she may have stumbled on something through a friend or school mate. I am just trying to speculate here. Why would Holly be a target? Why would LE release so little? Why would TBI be so slow and irresponsible?

I have no doubt in my mind these men did this crime. They kidnapped Holly, raped and killed her. I think several people saw Holly before she died. The community probably heard all of this in rumors and whisperings...and LE did nothing to try and confirm it. I don't know if it was the "good ole' boy" system at work or if LE is afraid of the A-train...or perhaps they have become complacent with the whole thing. Whatever the case, I almost hold them equally responsible for Holly's demise.

At this point, they either have the solid proof or they don't. Its not looking good. I'm not sure how they could screw this up but apparently they did. And the way I see it, I don't blame Stowe at all. He is a "come by lately" guy that recently got the files dropped in his lap, took a good look, and hit the roof. Says a lot about his character to me. He wasn't willing to stand by and let things go like the guys before him. He didn't cow down and say, "Well, this is bad. But I can't say anything because this is the TBI." No...I think he stood up to them and they were ticked.

I just pray that there is full justice for Holly Bobo in my lifetime. Because I know, if not in my lifetime, there will be justice in the next. And that's just my belief. And that's why I can sleep at night.

This case has always been a mess, from the original tale on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LouTanner