Holly Bobo found deceased, discussion thread *Arrests* #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
"He said I need help burying the body."

"What was your plan of disposing of Holly's body."

"Gut her."

"It was disturbing to say the least. If you remember, talking about what happened behind the truck," Leonardo said.

Autry testified:

"I grabbed the upper torso of Ms. Bobo's body. Zach left the tailgate down. I brought the torso to the tailgate where he grabbed the legs."

The jury convicted and sentenced Adams to life. Autry got eight years.

But now he says he made it all up.

"The question is can he prove this was a tall tale. It was a lie?"

"He said I need help burying the body."

"What was your plan of disposing of Holly's body."

"Gut her."

"It was disturbing to say the least. If you remember, talking about what happened behind the truck," Leonardo said.

Autry testified:

"I grabbed the upper torso of Ms. Bobo's body. Zach left the tailgate down. I brought the torso to the tailgate where he grabbed the legs."

The jury convicted and sentenced Adams to life. Autry got eight years.

But now he says he made it all up.

"The question is can he prove this was a tall tale. It was a lie?"

Just an FYI - hearing is set for 6/14 for Adams.

Friday, June 14th:
*Appeal Hearing (@ 10am CT) - TN - Holly Lynn Bobo (20) (missing April 13, 2011; found Sept. 7, 2014) – *Zacharry Rye Adams (27 @ time of crime/30/now 40) arrested & charged (3/11/14) & arraigned (6/4/14) with 1st degree murder, aggravated kidnapping & aggravated rape. Plead not guilty. DA will seek DP. Hardin County
Found GUILTY (11/22/17) of 8 counts after 3 ½ hours of deliberations. Received 25 years for kidnapping, 25 years for rape & LWOP for murder one. 11/9/17: The first motion for a new trial has been filed citing the court erred in not granting Adams' motion for a change of venue & that the evidence was not sufficient for a verdict of guilty beyond a reasonable doubt.
Court info from 2/26/20 thru 1/30/24 reference post #621
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/t...ed-discussion-thread-arrests-8.297522/page-32

2/28/24 Update: It's also unclear why Autry would recant his testimony now. A computer drive with Autry's statements was filed with the court, but it's not publicly available. A hearing to determine if the exhibit will be sealed is scheduled for 4/17/24. Douglas Bates IV, Adams' post-conviction lawyer, declined comment through an assistant at his law firm. Adams' post-conviction relief petitions also argue that Adams should have been allowed to testify by his lawyers & they failed to rebut Autry's story, the petitions say.
4/17/24 Update: Appeal: Adams filed two petitions. “Mr. Adams, through counsel, filed & amended petition for post conviction relief, and a petition for writ of error coram nobis,” said Judge Bradberry. The second petition mean that Adams believes that there are facts that would have changed his judgment, but were unknown to the court at the time of judgment. This is presumably referring to Jason Autry recanting his testimony that led ultimately led to Adams’ conviction. "I need to have a further hearing on the state’s motion to dismiss the petition for writ of error coram nobis,” said Judge Bradberry. Judge Bradberry said the court & the parties involved, came to an agreement on the exhibits that were sealed. The next court date is scheduled for 6/14/24 at 10am.
*Jason Autry (43/36 @ time of crime) charged with 1st degree murder, aggravated rape & aggravated kidnapping. Case will be heard after Dylan’s is thru about June. JA case will not be heard until after Dylan's case in about June of 2018; but DA Hagerman said (on 1/23/18) the state will handle Zach Adams’ motion for a new trial before moving forward with Autry.
4/13/18 update: going over plea deal. 8/23/19 Update: Jason Autry, the third and final defendant accused of murdering Holly Bobo has finished a federal prison sentence for a different crime. But he'll remain in prison for now -- waiting to see if a plea deal will set him free. Before he was arrested in the murder of Bobo, Autry was in prison on a federal gun crime. His eight year sentence on that crime is up. Autry's served his federal time, but remains locked up without bond still awaiting trial, but that trial won't happen. That's because Autry brokered a plea deal for his testimony against Adams. But before any release there's the matter of Zach Adam's appeal. But it may not be until late next year when the three state appellate court judges finally hear the appeal. Any plea deal won't kick in until the legal process is complete. 9/11/20: Hearing on 9/14/20. 1//29/24 Update: Autry has recanted his testimony against Adams.
*John Dylan Adams – Adams plead guilty (1/22/18) to facilitation of first-degree murder for 15 yrs, especially aggravated kidnapping at 35 years to run concurrent. Adams sentenced to 35 years total.

Wow. I just saw all this. Very upsetting.
I watched this trial and thought everybody seemed to be playing loose with the facts and everybody….LE, defendants, witnesses, prosecution, defense lawyers, everybody….had things they didn’t want to talk about.
I never thought the complete story came out, but I did think enough of it came out that proved the guilty verdicts.
If I remember correctly, and it’s been awhile, I thought Autry’s testimony was independently corroborated in at least a handful of places by people that were in no way connected to the case. Wasn’t there a couple who questioned him on why he was on a certain piece of property that verified Autry’s timeline on where he was at some part. Some other things like that.
Maybe I’m remember things wrong, but I do know those were things that stood out to me that caused me to believe Autry’s testimony, because on his own, my opinion was, Autry had very little credibility.
Maybe Autry is lying about lying.
Either way, I need to watch that 20/20 episode.

If you believe JA original Testimony then you have to consider the reason ZA was at the BOBO house to begin with. JA said that ZA said he went there to teach CB how to make Meth. Why would JA lie about that. He was believed to be telling the truth about the most horrific details on what happened to HB and they pretty much convicted ZA on JA Testimony. Why lie about CB. It just really hit m some kind of way.
Of course now JA is recanting his whole Testimony. Its such a mess imo.

June 14, 2024

SAVANNAH, Tenn. (AP) — Seven years after a man was convicted of killing nursing student Holly Bobo, the case has returned to the Tennessee courtroom where his intense, highly publicized murder trial unfolded.

With Bobo’s parents sitting in the courtroom, a judge heard legal arguments Friday as part of an attempt by Zachary Adams to receive a new trial in the kidnapping, rape and killing of the 20-year-old Bobo, who disappeared from her rural home in 2011. Her body was found more than three years later, ending a massive search by authorities and her family.
[.....]
Assistant District Attorney Jennifer Nichols, who also was the trial prosecutor, said the case has already been “thoroughly litigated.” Adams has not provided new, specific evidence that Autry’s testimony was false beyond “unsworn blanket statements,” Nichols wrote in court documents.

Nichols said Adams’ petition must be supported by sworn affidavits. Autry’s statements were presented to the court only in a video interview, which was sealed from the public.

Citing prior case law, Nichols wrote that recanted testimony is “looked upon with distrust.” Nichols also said Adams would have been convicted even without Autry’s testimony because other trial witnesses said Adams made “incriminating admissions” about his involvement in Bobo’s death.

“Jason Autry was just one piece,” Nichols told Circuit Court Judge J. Brent Bradberry.

Bradberry said he will rule later on whether to grant the state’s motion to dismiss the case without an evidentiary hearing.

The State has backed themselves in a corner with giving Autry a plea deal in the first place. I would not have believed a word he said. They made a deal with a devil to get a conviction. Nichols said they had more evidence, besides Autry, to uphold the conviction...What was that? If you had the evidence, you wouldn't need Autry's plea deal. There was several rumors, innuendo, and just plain lies to wade through in this case. What exactly was the concrete evidence, besides Autry, that convicted ZA and DA (I honestly question his "confession" after the recent 20/20 episode)? Out of the 3, I believe JA would be the worst, JMO.

The State has backed themselves in a corner with giving Autry a plea deal in the first place. I would not have believed a word he said. They made a deal with a devil to get a conviction. Nichols said they had more evidence, besides Autry, to uphold the conviction...What was that? If you had the evidence, you wouldn't need Autry's plea deal. There was several rumors, innuendo, and just plain lies to wade through in this case. What exactly was the concrete evidence, besides Autry, that convicted ZA and DA (I honestly question his "confession" after the recent 20/20 episode)? Out of the 3, I believe JA would be the worst, JMO.
Totally agree! It blows my mind how they convicted on the rape when there was no proof. Obviously she was killed/murdered and there was enough of her remains found to support this fact. Where is the other evidence! And did anyone but me find it strange that TB alibi was he was shopping with his wife at a salvage place for a bath tub. Red flag much!

Totally agree! It blows my mind how they convicted on the rape when there was no proof. Obviously she was killed/murdered and there was enough of her remains found to support this fact. Where is the other evidence! And did anyone but me find it strange that TB alibi was he was shopping with his wife at a salvage place for a bath tub. Red flag much!
I have been going back and looking at the evidence from the trial according to the new reports. What I could tell was ZA was convicted on the testimony of others like JA-- no DNA evidence that I have saw yet. I have such a hard time "trusting" DA (Zach's brother) testimony, considering he lived with a cop for awhile during this, which could IMO "taint his story. JA got partial immunity so his testimony will benefit himself so I have a hard time with "trusting" his testimony. As far as TB, I haven't seen why LE didn't consider him a viable suspect (Dicus did, but was later accused of tunnel vision) His alibi--AllGoods shopping for a bathtub--could never be verified by employees at the store (that I have saw). He claims he had a receipt, but they only found a handwritten one (suspect to me) days later. TB fit CB's description, more than ZA, SA, and JA did. This is a mostly circumstantial case to me. In all honesty, I don't understand how you don't have some DNA (besides Holly's) on the several items found in this case during the searches--the lunchbox, the papers, the cell phone, SIM card, etc--as well as the suspects' vehicles and residences. Cases are solved decades later with just a little DNA now. I am not saying TBI are wrong at all. I am just saying there are a lot of questions that have never been adequately answered IMO. TBI was under a lot of pressure to solve this case and I am always skeptical when the SOs are so easily cleared right away. I will also say I do not believe anything JA says now or then. There was a lot of questionable people in this case with testimony I would have found hard to believe, and JA is at the top of my list. No way should a plea bargain ever been given to him.

If you believe JA original Testimony then you have to consider the reason ZA was at the BOBO house to begin with. JA said that ZA said he went there to teach CB how to make Meth. Why would JA lie about that. He was believed to be telling the truth about the most horrific details on what happened to HB and they pretty much convicted ZA on JA Testimony. Why lie about CB. It just really hit m some kind of way.
Of course now JA is recanting his whole Testimony. Its such a mess imo.
There are several statements like this--CB and ZA being meth buddies--that should have made someone question the veracity of his testimony. I never believed this statement for a minute and never saw anywhere were this was proven either. Most of JA's testimony seemed self-serving to me--and a little outrageous in some details. I don't believe him at all. IMO his endgame was to get the least amount of time as possible and he concocted a story that put him with as little participation in this horrific crime. JA would be the ringleader, not the follower IMO.

I thought all along that Autry's testimony was distancing himself from the crime and that he was likely way more involved than he was saying. However, I still believe that ZA was involved with the murder of Holly. I do not think they should get out; but I am super curious as to why Autry is now trying to recant his testimony. Why now?

Who is the "we" who helped him concoct the story?
I guess I got the answer to that question in the next article I posted. Can you believe anything this man says?------>>>

Quote:
Autry claims his attorney and a private investigator helped him fabricate the story, using phone records and details from the TBI.

“We put the story together in about three days,” Autry said. ----wsmv.com

Jason Autry, 49, was sentenced by U.S. District Judge S. Thomas Anderson in Jackson on Monday, according to court records and a statement from the U.S. attorney's office.

Hardin County Judge C. Creed McGinley sentenced Autry to eight years in state prison after Autry pleaded guilty to solicitation to commit murder and facilitation of especially aggravated kidnapping in the Bobo case. Autry was arrested on the weapons charges just two months after he was released from custody in the Bobo case.

However, his testimony in the Bobo case is now in question after Zachary Adams filed a petition in January asking for his conviction to be overturned, citing statements from Autry that he is recanting what he said on the witness stand.

According to the petition, Autry is claiming he made up the story to avoid spending life in prison. The petition said Autry met with a forensic neuropsychologist in December and admitted that he made the story up after his lawyer told him before the 2017 trial that he was "95% certain of a conviction" of charges in the Bobo case.

Autry said he concocted the entire story in his jail cell before the trial while reviewing discovery evidence. Autry used extensive cellphone data to create a story, the petition says.

"He said he just recreated his day and 'added Holly to it,'" the petition says.

Adams' lawyer, Douglas Bates, argued in court June 14 that a hearing to discuss Autry's recanting as new evidence should be granted. Prosecutors said Adams' petition should be dismissed without an evidentiary hearing.

A judge's decision is pending.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Katiatorres
Back