Holly Bobo, missing from TN 2014 discussion #1 ***ARREST***

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Her brother saw the blood first and has mentioned in interviews that it wasn't a lot. Something along the lines of him thinking the boyfriend had killed a turkey and it was dripping off of his clothes

Can you provide a link for that please. Thanks

ETA. The dripping off his clothes part. I never heard that before

I could be wrong here, but I'm pretty sure Facebook can tell ZA's location from that post. Authorities can get this information and it may very well put him at the scene of the crime...

I think parents of murderers go through similar stages as the victims families, IMO

1. Denial and Isolation

2. Anger

3. Bargaining
If only we had sought medical attention sooner…
If only we got a second opinion from another doctor…
If only we had tried to be a better person toward them…

4. Depression

5. Acceptance

I think she was sincere in her statement.

She may have been sincere now, however it seems to be too little too late. :twocents:

The facebook time could be completely bogus, and more to do with how screwed up FB is than with the actual timeline.

We'll find out eventually, but that's not going to get him off in a trial anyway if they have other DNA or evidence connecting his property/vehicles to Holly.

I live 30-45 minutes from Parsons in another rural area.
Due to the limited choice we have for Internet providers service is poor at best. I have posted things to Facebook and not have them show up until the next day. The same thing goes for texting, email, and Facebook posting by cell phone. I'm sure LE will have the timline drilled down.

---I have been following websleuths for a while, but this is my first post.

No doubt she sounds sincere, but she also sounds resigned, and that is key here IMO. It's seems to me that she knows he did it, and that kind of resignation from a mother could only come from virtual certainty.

Her brother saw the blood first and has mentioned in interviews that it wasn't a lot. Something along the lines of him thinking the boyfriend had killed a turkey and it was dripping off of his clothes

Thanks for the information. I haven't followed this case as extensively as the rest of you. I can't believe that both the Heather Elvis case and the Holly Bobo cases have had arrests within days of each other. I get so frustrated with these type of cases.

I like to believe that something anything could have been done to stop what was in motion. If only...this...if only someone had done that...if only this had happened...if only.

The Polly Klaus case is an example. He was pulled over right after abducting her. I just.

This is why I carry mace and am taking krav maga. It might not help. I don't weigh much. But I am going to fight. I am going to do some damage. I am going to leave my DNA somewhere.

My thoughts and prayers for those who will never have closure. Never bury the body. Never know why. Never know what happened. Never know who did it. This is getting beyond old.

Like many of you I follow these cases because I WANT to help somehow. Unfortunately, when a sorority sister of mine was murdered by Derrick Todd Lee there are also people who exploit the family, use it for their own advantage. It is sickening. It happened with Murray's case. A woman formed a group that was for citizen awareness of the serial killer...she pocketed all the money and paid for a front porch for her house. Disgusting.

I still get involved but those who are on the local front of these cases should be guarded. Not everyone that claims they want to help is like most of us. :banghead:

Its alot to take in that your kid is a killer. No mother wants to think that and love their kid. I think we sometimes forget that the perps family hurt too. It must be awful coming to terms that you had a kid that did something so horrific to another person. I thought her statement to be respectful to the Bobo family. I think there would be a mixture of feelings to process. You love them but cant stomach them. She probably knows he did this and is sickened. She may have suspected before his arrest he did it but needed proof and was praying he didnt do it.

I have always felt that the true success of a parent was raising a productive, independent adult. One who can contribute positively to society.

If I were giving that press conference and I was the mother of this deranged kid, I would state publicly that I failed as a parent and I would beg forgiveness.
I personally didn't like some of the undertones of her message in that press conference.
Yes, she has been a victim of him but she could've been more realistic in his behaviours many years ago. And took action.

Sticking your head in the sand never turns out well......

I live 30-45 minutes from Parsons in another rural area.
Due to the limited choice we have for Internet providers service is poor at best. I have posted things to Facebook and not have them show up until the next day. The same thing goes for texting, email, and Facebook posting by cell phone. I'm sure LE will have the timline drilled down.

---I have been following websleuths for a while, but this is my first post.

:greetings: :welcome6:

Good info!

I have always felt that the true success of a parent was raising a productive, independent adult. One who can contribute positively to society.

If I were giving that press conference and I was the mother of this deranged kid, I would state publicly that I failed as a parent and I would beg forgiveness. I personally didn't like some of the undertones of her message in that press conference.
Yes, she has been a victim of him but she could've been more realistic in his behaviours many years ago. And took action.

Sticking your head in the sand never turns out well......

I would too! Her continued enabling of him, as it never does, did him no good.

I would too! Her continued enabling of him, as it never does, did him no good.

Right, Softail!

Next thing you know, we'll be hearing of cases of kids who try to sue their parents 'cause they won't buy them Meth!

These entitled, enabled, outrageously behaved "yoots" are driving me crazy.

Parents should look up the word "co-dependent".....

:moo:

Right, Softail!

Next thing you know, we'll be hearing of cases of kids who try to sue their parents 'cause they won't buy them Meth!

RIIGHT! It's one thing to defend an innocent kid, but when it is all laid out in front of you.... There is something terribly wrong when the parents still try to defend their kid. FGS... he shot mom! And she defended him! :banghead:

I just don't know what a Parent should or could do when your kid is a drug addicted psychopath. The Courts did little. No amount of treatment would have changed who and what he was. IMO.

Right, Softail!

It's actually gotten kind of frightening with this dynamic.

Keep in mind that I am just looking at it from the perspective of the child misbehaving and how these parents react. I know there are legit cases where it is someone else's fault other than the child/parent.

1) My kid doesn't want to do his homework. It is the school/teacher's fault.
2) My kid bullies other kids. Those kids are weird. Strange.
3) My kid skips school. Drinks. Sleeps with other kids. It's just what they do at that age. If I don't let them do these things under my roof they will do them somewhere else. *Yes I get that kids are kids...but this is a progression.
4) My kid has a cell phone and an Ipad. Charges an excessive amount of texts on my bill. My kid doesn't work. Clean the house. Even make his bed. We are just keeping up with the Joneses.
5) My kid tortures animals. My kid is a peeping tom. The neighbors are over-reacting to my kid.
6) My kid is violent towards me and other family members. He has issues. I just bought him a car so maybe he will settle down.
7) My kid takes drugs and/or is arrested for whatever minor offense. It's the crowd he hangs out with. Its the drugs. I just paid for rehab but he left and is living at home with me and not working.

You see what I mean? Ofcourse you do because you are all smart. :)

But I am tired of the argument that Defense attorney's everywhere use as their ultimate weapon with jury members: If someone is a liar that doesn't make them a cheat. If someone is a cheat that doesn't make them a burglar/robber. If someone is a robber/burglar that doesn't make them a rapist/murderer.

True. Someone can be a liar and not a murderer. But when someone is already on that path...it certainly makes it more plausible than not that a liar could be a cheat and so on. Could be. Not makes. Big distinction.

I just don't know what a Parent should or could do when your kid is a drug addicted psychopath. The Courts did little. No amount of treatment would have changed who and what he was. IMO.

I see your point in a way but perhaps ZA's mom didn't need to plead to the judge for a lighter sentence (and bailed him out of jailtime) back 10 yrs ago when ZA shot her in the knee and shot the dog too???

The community is much safer without someone with his rap sheet out there. And the family sometimes is the first link to ensuring something gets done.

Thanks for the information. I haven't followed this case as extensively as the rest of you. I can't believe that both the Heather Elvis case and the Holly Bobo cases have had arrests within days of each other. I get so frustrated with these type of cases.

I like to believe that something anything could have been done to stop what was in motion. If only...this...if only someone had done that...if only this had happened...if only.

The Polly Klaus case is an example. He was pulled over right after abducting her. I just.

This is why I carry mace and am taking krav maga. It might not help. I don't weigh much. But I am going to fight. I am going to do some damage. I am going to leave my DNA somewhere.

My thoughts and prayers for those who will never have closure. Never bury the body. Never know why. Never know what happened. Never know who did it. This is getting beyond old.

Like many of you I follow these cases because I WANT to help somehow. Unfortunately, when a sorority sister of mine was murdered by Derrick Todd Lee there are also people who exploit the family, use it for their own advantage. It is sickening. It happened with Murray's case. A woman formed a group that was for citizen awareness of the serial killer...she pocketed all the money and paid for a front porch for her house. Disgusting.

I still get involved but those who are on the local front of these cases should be guarded. Not everyone that claims they want to help is like most of us. :banghead:

Very good post, Bittiness39. I agree the silent epidemic seems to be worse, and is getting beyond old.. Very sorry about your sorority sister Charlotte Murray Pace..

RE: I can't believe that both the Heather Elvis case and the Holly Bobo cases have had arrests within days of each other.

A friend and I were discussing the sudden activity of search warrants and arrests in both HE & HB's case and then today it was announced that there were search warrants and new info in the Tabitha Franklin(AL-2009) case.
As a believer of guardian angels and a spirtual connection in every murdered victim's case. I would like to believe that domestic violence victim's advocate Susan Murphy Milano's birth date and the one year anniversary of her death on 02/28/2014, had a little something to do
with the sudden semblance of justice for these three innocent victims.

http://www.murphymilanojournal.blogspot.com/
Susan Murphy Milano's Journal

Very good post, Bittiness39. I agree the silent epidemic seems to be worse, and is getting beyond old.. Very sorry about your sorority sister Charlotte Murray Pace..

A friend and I were discussing the sudden activity of search warrants and arrests in both HE & HB's case and then today it was announced that there were search warrants and new info in the Tabitha Franklin(AL-2009) case.
As a believer of guardian angels and a spirtual connection in every murdered victim's case. I would like to believe that domestic violence victim's advocate Susan Murphy Milano's birth date and the one year anniversary of her death on 02/28/2014, had a little something to do
with the sudden semblance of justice for these three innocent victims.

http://www.murphymilanojournal.blogspot.com/
Susan Murphy Milano's Journal

That is sooo amazing. And thanks. I never followed true crime until Murray. If y'all knew me in person back when that happened (a ton of my sorority sisters where like "What in the hell are you doing? This is dangerous.") I drove down to Baton Rouge from Houston. Participated in a bake sale trying to draw interest to the serial killer. He was actively KILLING people still. Had not been caught. Met many of his victims' family members. Drove down by myself. Told no one I was going except strangers on the board I posted on and had never met. Drove around all over town with one other girl I had just met. At night. Trying to see where they all lived and how he could have escaped without detection. Made it on tv. They interviewed me because I had traveled the farthest to help with the bakesale. Told the serial killer that he was a coward. I never saw the clip but a daughter of my parent's neighbor lived there saw it and called my parents. WHen I got back to Houston they called and asked how my weekend was. I said boring. They said, "Sooooooooo...you didn't go to Baton Rouge to try and catch a serial killer? Really? Are you insane?" Worst way to get busted ever. ON television.

But I digress. Because I was fearless back then. Wanting to help so I caution those on the local front to be careful and follow the advice of LE because I sure as heck didn't. Fortunately, nothing happened to me.

That is sooo amazing. And thanks. I never followed true crime until Murray. If y'all knew me in person back when that happened (a ton of my sorority sisters where like "What in the hell are you doing? This is dangerous.") I drove down to Baton Rouge from Houston. Participated in a bake sale trying to draw interest to the serial killer. He was actively KILLING people still. Had not been caught. Met many of his victims' family members. Drove down by myself. Told no one I was going except strangers on the board I posted on and had never met. Drove around all over town with one other girl I had just met. At night. Trying to see where they all lived and how he could have escaped without detection. Made it on tv. They interviewed me because I had traveled the farthest to help with the bakesale. Told the serial killer that he was a coward. I never saw the clip but a daughter of my parent's neighbor lived there saw it and called my parents. WHen I got back to Houston they called and asked how my weekend was. I said boring. They said, "Sooooooooo...you didn't go to Baton Rouge to try and catch a serial killer? Really? Are you insane?" Worst way to get busted ever. ON television.

But I digress. Because I was fearless back then. Wanting to help so I caution those on the local front to be careful and follow the advice of LE because I sure as heck didn't. Fortunately, nothing happened to me.

Yes, you were very lucky, Bittines39.. DTL had a shadow; a copycat; Sean Vincent Gillis, and task force investigators were unaware that they had two serial killers active in Baton Rouge, LA, at the same time.

Ironically the DTL movie; 'Whiskey Bay', where two of his victims were located was where Mickey Shunick's bike was located after her abduction...
The Mighty Mick courageously fought her attacker; BSL, as did your sorority sister Charlotte Murray Pace, fight DTL..

Don't know why, but I'm thinking his 'buddy' in prison who has recently 'transferred' is the key to this investigation.

thats why I said it could be 7:15 - 7:30, especially since she had a big exam that day.

Hopefully the time line can be solidified at some point... it's been 3 years already

I'm quite sure that LE has a very good timeline on this and we will almost surely not see it until the trial. But, we will finally learn what happened when, to a certain extent. I would be surprised if they don't have the trial in Nashville or Memphis. If it is in Nashville, I definitely will attend!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member