Holly Bobo, missing from TN 2014 discussion #1 ***ARREST***

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It bugs me to hear ZA's mom defending him. Sorry, going to the ends of earth to defend your kid is not good parenting, it's called enabling. I understand it with drug addiction, as I have addicts in my own family, but I hate when parents make up excuse after excuse for their kid turning into a violent person who intentionally harms others. Sorry, but you can't claim addiction or "hanging out with a bad crowd" at that point. Admit that you sucked as a parent, and raised a bad person. I actually sort of respect Adam Lanza's father for coming forward and admitting that yeah, my son was a horrible person. I wish people would just say, yup, he did this, he's going to pay the consequences, and I obviously sucked as a parent, otherwise I wouldn't have raised a murderer. If your kid rapes and/or murders someone, you should be ashamed, and should want them to face the consequences like you would want if another person killed him. There's this whole thing in our culture where, just because you have the biology to have a kid, means you're automatically a good parent, and just because you love them, that makes you a good parent. Sorry, but that's BS. Parenting is a job, an extremely difficult job, but a job nonetheless. Some people need to think long and hard before they have a kid. Probably is, not enough people are thinking first and planning out kids or whether or not they would even be a good parent. Not everyone is made to parent. Anyway, sorry for the O/T rant, I just hate when parents enable their kids to become (alleged) murderers.

While I agree with you on ZA's parents enabling him, I do not agree that all drug addicts accused of murder/rapes had bad parents. This simply is not true. There are so many elements that contribute to the psyche of a murderer/rapist that have nothing to do with "good" or "bad" parents.

Sent from my H866C using Tapatalk 2

Thanks!!! This is exactly the kind of info I was looking for. So a local employee. And also I see that the family lives on Adams Lane - to have a street named after you you usually have to have roots going back to the Civil War (I would think). I come from a very old colonial town in the Northeast, and all our streets are named after townspeople from the Revolutionary war.

anyone know how long the Adams family has lived in this town?

Some property and family names in TN definitely go back to the Revolution. Soldiers were given land grants in what was then Carolina Territory as payment for serving in the Revolutionary War.

Most of Middle and West TN was settled before the Civil War.

This comment made my stomach knot up...wonder what he (Gwyn) means exactly? I'm extremely disturbed by this why would he compare the two...there's lots we don't know...and I don't believe I want to know :(

""I worked one of the first methamphetamine-related murders back into the 90s, where a guy kidnapped two young men, tortured them for seven days, killed both of them, threw them off into Center Hill Lake," Gwyn said. "Fast-forward to 2014, and I thought in my career that would be the only time I would ever see anything like that."

http://www.wsmv.com/story/24959635/911-calls-shed-light-on-zachary-adams-drug-problem

I think he's definitely hinting at some really dark stuff in this case. Things we won't want to hear about. :(

ETA: Just guessing but I think the significant part is the idea of keeping someone several days before they pass. It might also mean they suspect the body is dumped in the water somewhere. Lots of lakes and ponds and rivers, and we've had torrential rains the past three years. Total speculation, though.

It bugs me to hear ZA's mom defending him. Sorry, going to the ends of earth to defend your kid is not good parenting, it's called enabling. I understand it with drug addiction, as I have addicts in my own family, but I hate when parents make up excuse after excuse for their kid turning into a violent person who intentionally harms others. Sorry, but you can't claim addiction or "hanging out with a bad crowd" at that point. Admit that you sucked as a parent, and raised a bad person. I actually sort of respect Adam Lanza's father for coming forward and admitting that yeah, my son was a horrible person. I wish people would just say, yup, he did this, he's going to pay the consequences, and I obviously sucked as a parent, otherwise I wouldn't have raised a murderer. If your kid rapes and/or murders someone, you should be ashamed, and should want them to face the consequences like you would want if another person killed him. There's this whole thing in our culture where, just because you have the biology to have a kid, means you're automatically a good parent, and just because you love them, that makes you a good parent. Sorry, but that's BS. Parenting is a job, an extremely difficult job, but a job nonetheless. Some people need to think long and hard before they have a kid. Probably is, not enough people are thinking first and planning out kids or whether or not they would even be a good parent. Not everyone is made to parent. Anyway, sorry for the O/T rant, I just hate when parents enable their kids to become (alleged) murderers.

I have to disagree that parents are always bad parents when their kids turn out rotten. I personally know of a family where the parents tried to do all the right things and their son turned into a rotten kid that got in trouble all the time. The parents were not at fault in the very least. They even called the law on him themselves a few times and tried to get him help. He finally ended up in prison for awhile. The other kids in the family turned out fine and the parents had the same approach for all the kids so there was something about that boy that just did not work right.

I dont know enough about Zachs parents to know whether they were good or bad parents or how much they tried to help him. I defiinitely did not like the one comment we saw about he was only in prison for a simple assault or something like that. That indicated she did not appreciate the gravity of what an assault really is.
They may have been horrible in this case but not all parents can be thrown in that bucket. Some really try and try and try to do all the right things and the kids just rebel no matter what.

I'm sorry, I have to respectfully disagree with you regarding his parents or grandparents. This is one of the reasons we cannot "sleuth" family members.
In so much, we cannot have an honest debate in that regard.

I would say before going into that area in regard to THIS case that you do your research on that topic. As to how MANY times his parents AND grandparents called LE for help with him, and the result of the judicial system and lack of mental health in TN.

I believe that most parents here will tell you that when a parent crosses that threshold and calls LE on their children, they are at wits end and don't know what else to do. But at the end of the day, he was apparently so eaten up with drugs they were afraid of him themselves...and said so.

These are just my opinions.

New here, Hello. I have a few observations.
1) Parents being in denial is normal. If it's your child, you would most likely make excuses for them in your mind.
2) Crystal Meth is a bad bad drug, meth was a major factor here...
3) Crystal Meth is a bad bad drug, meth was a major factor here... wrote it twice for a reason.
4) Everyone knows everyone in a small town like this from experience.

I don't know if "drug addiction" can be used as a way to avoid the death penalty, but if a lawyer is saying the perp was out of their mind and hardly knew what they were doing, it's very possibly true, they don't even need to make it up.

I do not have a link on the county job or vehicle. Before the story broke, people in the community were gripping about wanting a job and it being given to Zach, a felon, while good people were trying to find work. ZA's grandfather works for the county as the top guy for the utilities for both Decatur and Benton county and that can be found on the Decatur website.

Just by way of information, and perhaps an odd coincidence, but another of Holly's old boyfriends goes by the initials JD. His grandfather ALSO works for the county utilities in Decatur and Benton counties. I felt sure it was JD, and not BB, who received the restraining order but I could be wrong on that.
Crazy connections going on here to Holly Bobo. JD and BB were two of the first names mentioned as possibly being involved with Holly's abduction. Neither has been named by LE as a suspect....out loud.

1) Parents being in denial is normal. If it's your child, you would most likely make excuses for them in your mind.
3) Crystal Meth is a bad bad drug, meth was a major factor here... wrote it twice for a reason.

I don't know if "drug addiction" can be used as a way to avoid the death penalty, but if a lawyer is saying the perp was out of their mind and hardly knew what they were doing, it's very possibly true, they don't even need to make it up.

Welcome to Websleuths! I thought I would add that crystal meth is a bad bad drug and meth was a major factor here.... ;)

:welcome:

I agree! Meth was a major factor here

however

MOST meth addicts do not murder, so the lawyer can say whatever he wants, I don't want ZA to ever walk the streets again.

This is my personal opinion and not necessarily the opinion of Websleuths LLC. Feel free to respectfully disagree.

Just curious as to your age....because once your kids hit young adulthood, you will probably rewrite this post.
I agree with you in part....enabling is bad. Most parents do it thinking they are helping. But over time, if you realize its not working, then you have to re-examine your actions...and this is where most parents get in a quagmire. I feel for them. Its not easy either way.

Holly had a previous boyfriend that she had to take out a restraining order on and I believe that this was the first suspect and also who Karen originally thought it was when she told Clint to shoot him. This ex-boyfriend had an air tight alibi. He was at work when this occurred.

As to someone seeing the when Holly screams, that would not be possible due to the fact that the Bobo house sits off quite a distance from the road and there are lots of trees which obscure a clear view of the carport. I saw a picture of the house in a news article somewhere, and nobody would have been able to see what was going on at the house.

Also Zach is supposed to have worked for the county at one time and had a county vehicle. I am not sure what his position was.

Thank you for the reminder about the restraining order on the old boyfriend. I had completely forgottena bout him.

When I was thinking about the screams, I wasn't thinking about someone seeing him because of it. I was thinking of two things, actually. Someone said a guy actually finished putting oil in his car (seriously?!) before mentioning the screaming to his wife. I just wondered how long the screaming went on. A startled scream is one thing. A prolonged screaming battle for her life is another. I surely hope oil in the car guy didn't ignore several minutes of terrified screaming.

Either way, if ANYONE (but especially the local meth addict) showed up at my isolated home at that time of the morning and expected me to go into the woods with him, the only way I'm going is over his shoulder or being dragged unconscious. Weapon or not, no way am I going into the woods with a relative stranger on my own two feet. So one of my burning questions was how the heck he convinced her to either stop fighting or not fight and to go with him. Unfortunately, that's one question that may never get answered, unless one of his cronies testifies.

I do not have a link on the county job or vehicle. Before the story broke, people in the community were gripping about wanting a job and it being given to Zach, a felon, while good people were trying to find work. ZA's grandfather works for the county as the top guy for the utilities for both Decatur and Benton county and that can be found on the Decatur website.

At last! The source of this juice. Thank you. :)

:welcome:

I agree! Meth was a major factor here

however

MOST meth addicts do not murder, so the lawyer can say whatever he wants, I don't want ZA to ever walk the streets again.

This is my personal opinion and not necessarily the opinion of Websleuths LLC. Feel free to respectfully disagree.

I do not either. He should have not been walking the streets before Holly lost her life. I hope for the families sake, their is an investigation into why he was not behind bars and people are held accountable.

I also believe if he was dealing meth in a high meth use community, it gave him incredible power over others.

Thanks!!! This is exactly the kind of info I was looking for. So a local employee. And also I see that the family lives on Adams Lane - to have a street named after you you usually have to have roots going back to the Civil War (I would think). I come from a very old colonial town in the Northeast, and all our streets are named after townspeople from the Revolutionary war.

anyone know how long the Adams family has lived in this town?

Although many roads are name for the reason you mentioned above, it's very common in Tennessee to name roads (as opposed to streets in town) after whoever owns the adjacent property. There are tons of little gravel roads in rural Tennessee named for whoever owns the farm it leads to. They might even have built the road themselves, for better access to their property, which is often why it's named after them.

About ten years ago, we owned some rural property and thought of building a home there. The county told us if we paid to put the road in it would be named for us and once it was in, they would maintain it.

I keep thinking there are going to be more arrests.....

Its taken LE 3 years to get to this point. I have faith that they know what we have questions about, such as the fb post around the abduction time, difference In height and build that Clint reported, and the whole "who was really" at the coon hunt.

If not.....it will be a botched case for the ages.

securedownload3.jpg

Don't really know what to say.

The sketch does not match him AT ALL.

-Different hair/hairline.
-Different nose.
-Different chin/overall face shape.
-Different lips.

Even the ears are different, which are ZA's most distinguishing feature.

Its taken LE 3 years to get to this point. I have faith that they know what we have questions about, such as the fb post around the abduction time, difference In height and build that Clint reported, and the whole "who was really" at the coon hunt.

If not.....it will be a botched case for the ages.

I agree with you more than I can say. It makes me a little crazy when people suggest that seasoned police investigators may somehow not realize something that we armchair detectives thought of or cover a basic issue like alibis.

In real life, cases are often messy and some questions are never answered. But, after reading Mark Gwyn's thoroughly impressive bio, I am as confident that he has covered every possible base as I am that it will get dark tonight.
:twocents:

The sketch does not match him AT ALL.

-Different hair/hairline.
-Different nose.
-Different chin/overall face shape.
-Different lips.

Even the ears are different, which are ZA's most distinguishing feature.

Most of the time, i don't think sketches end up looking all that much like the person they arrest. I think this one is a closer match:

securedownload1.jpg

And this one the hair is more like the sketch:
zach_adams_featured-664x370.jpg

Most of the time, i don't think sketches end up looking all that much like the person they arrest. I think this one is a closer match:

securedownload1.jpg

And this one the hair is more like the sketch:
zach_adams_featured-664x370.jpg

From a distance, with the facial hair added to the sketch, it COULD "resemble" ZA. The most striking feature, other than his ears, are his eyes, and those don't match, either. Perhaps eyes are the hardest to get right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member