Holly Bobo, missing from TN 2014 discussion #2 ***ARREST***

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It is great that Farese is there to enlighten the family on how the court system works. So many families aren't that lucky and have no clue what is going to happen after the arrest. The Bobos have waited for this to finally happen for three long years. But it has only begun.

It seems like Farese thinks the Bobo family may learn bit and pieces of information through different type of hearings that may be held in the coming weeks.

I really wish ZA did have a chance to have a bond hearing (even though I know the Judge would decline to release him) because in bond hearings we often here a lot of stuff against the defendant as the DA is laying out his case for no bond to be given

IMO

I agree Oceanblueeyes, but imo, the Bobos have had a pretty good idea of the information of who was responsible for their daughter's abduction/murder for a couple of years now..
Imo, this is a far reaching investigation into the meth trade that has plagued TN for decades now..

Imo it took the tragic abduction/murder of Holly Bobo and the subsequent community awareness and political pressure to get the attention of the TN Governor & State Legislature to eradicate this plague...

My birthplace is Savannah, TN; Hardin County. It saddens me to see the meth destruction of this once very safe area...
<modsnip>

'Well, guess I answered my own question, huh'? How did I miss this, ~n/t~?

http://www.commercialappeal.com/news/2014/mar/11/suspect-accused-killing-holly-bobo-due-court/

Outside the courthouse, Memphis attorney Steve Farese said the Bobo family was doing as well as can be expected.

“It will help them if a conviction is had and the facts and circumstances are brought to light,” said Farese, who is representing the family.

Farese said he expects “bits and pieces” of information to be released in coming weeks.

Put a smile on my face :)

[video=youtube;1KsARXQVafU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1KsARXQVafU[/video]

ThoughtFox, yes the FBI has been involved in the Holly Bobo investigation since the early days of the investigation. The FBI BAU2 was on the scene within the first two days and although they returned to Quantico, VA after about 10 days, special agents from the FBI have been assisting the TBI for the past three years according to msm reports.

Yes, I know, but they didn't "take it away" from TBI. The TBI is still on this case, as we know. I was replying to several comments over the past week that the FBI had to take over because TBI was bungling it, which I don't believe is true, and that's what I wrote.

Foxfire said:
RE: Gail Palmgren & Karen Swift

Gail Palmgren, wasn't located for six months while investigators waited for the foliage to fall off the trees in the following september. Her husband was the prime suspect and was raked over the coals by LE and was even fired from his job.

Only days after Gail disappeared, a neighbor had observed where a large boulder had been moved on the side of the curvy mountain road where her phone had last pinged. Investigators did not release this info to the public due to their antiquated silence strategy. Gail's jeep had went off the road into a ravine where the boulder had been moved.. Her seat belt was not buckled when found..
Members of the CUE Center for Missing Persons joined the search in late September, and say the fall foliage helped locate the Jeep within the first hour of Thursday's aerial search.

http://www.wrcbtv.com/story/16173262/remains-found-near-palmgren-jeep

Yes, I know that case very well. I'm from Chattanooga, and I know Signal Mt. very well too. Her car went over a cliff in a place where no one would make a 90 degree turn into the sky. The whole thing stinks and I have a million questions, but it's considered solved here on Websleuths so that's all I'm going to say . . .

The TBI/FBI weren't involved in that case, only the County Sheriff. The local LE reached out to Alabama LE because Gail had fled to her farm down there just before she died after calling 911 on her husband.

______

Foxfire said:
Karen Swift's remains were not found by local LE; DCSO, but was located by two aware citizens in a kudzu field while checking on headstone vandalism at the Historical Bledsoe Cemetery. She was located less than a mile from her abandoned vehicle. The DCSO; Sheriff Jeff Box, refused to allow volunteers to search for her.
"The citizens of a community is a very valuable investigative resource to squander"..

I know who found her body - it was a preacher and a cemetery maintenance man. I never said it was LE. I said the case was being worked by local LE and not TBI. Her body was found after the kudzu died near a large white cross, as if someone put her there on purpose. Totally different from what happened to Holly.

Foxfire said:
I respectfully disagree.. Karen Swift's case has all the indicators of a slight acquaintance/stranger abduction/murder, imo.. Likely meth related, imo...

We'll have to disagree on that one. There was so much going on domestically with Swift and her husband, and the car and other evidence including the body was found really, really close to her house. If she had been found on Adams Lane, maybe I would see your point. :twocents:

Just my own opinion, but I can see nothing in the tragic deaths of Gail Palmgren or Karen Swift that have anything to tell us about Holly's murder, and, frankly, I get a bit upset and offended when I see such absurd connections being suggested.

I agree. I even see people trying to link Holly to Lauren Spierer, which (IMHO) is absolutely absurd. I did, however, always wonder if the attempted abduction of Heather Sullivan was related to Holly in that the location was reasonably close, time of attempted abduction, MO, etc. And, now we know they could be related as HS has identified Adams as the man who tried to grab her.

Touche' Montjoy, I get a bit upset & offended at snarky replies...

Well "I" appreciate every one of your posts, Foxfire.

Until the Swift case has a real suspect named and the case is solved, I think it is only natural to think about Holly and Karen's cases collectively.

Now if, and when, we have something more concrete in the Swift case and the murderer is known for a fact, then that will end the correlation between the two. Until there is an actual arrest in the Swift case on that one we only have speculations to go on. Pretty much like we only had speculations to guide us before ZA was arrested three years later of kidnapping and murdering Holly.

Lots of victims who have been murdered by someone else had 'things' going on in their personal lives at the time. It doesn't always mean those 'things' had anything to do with their murder though.

Do you remember the Sara Walker case? She had recently divorced her ex husband, but it turned out that she was murdered by an ex-felon who had absconded from Ohio and was passing though Texas when he robbed, beat, stabbed her to death. But until the actual murderer was caught all eyes were on her ex as the suspect, even though he wasn't the one.

Now I am not saying Karen's husband couldn't be the murderer. All I am saying is there has been no arrest of anyone including her husband. So who the killer truly is remains unknown with any certainty at this time, although I pray they do find evidence for an arrest soon.

FIVE times that much? Good Lord, my property taxes are $700 on a $170,000 house and 7 acres. And a house here for that amount is a good bit of house.
Guess that's why so many out-of-staters move here.

We live in a county that is one of the largest but one that is not overly populated as other large counties. Which means a lot of it is still rural and prime real estate property for those wanting to build homes that have a lot of acreage.

Our property taxes use to be reasonable like yours although I can't remember it ever being that low here. I think it may have been around $900 per home per year........years ago.

Because we are one of the fastest growing and most desirable counties in my state the mil rate has skyrocketed here and we are now paying over 3K for the two homes we own.

It sure doesn't stop others from coming here though.:) Our population has increased dramatically in the past two decades or so but there is still plenty of land left to build a home here on a beautiful rural site. It helps that our public school system here is in the top five schools in the state.

IMO

Much attention has been spent speculating on how ZA picked Holly as a target. But, what about Heather Sullivan?

Most criminals are creatures of habit. Many repeat offenders (killers, burglars, rapists) are caught because their crimes fit a pattern. Their MO is always the same. They chose their victims from the same area (like hookers working the same strip in town), etc. Since it is doubtful that ZA would be lucky enough to randomly be outside Heather's and Holly's houses at exactly the same time they were leaving for work/school... how did he pick them both? Are there other victims or potential victims? There has to be some sort of common denominator that would link ZA to Heather and Holly and, ultimately Zach.

On the suface his crime scene MO here seems strikingly the same... waiting by Heather's/Holly's car in the dawn or pre dawn hours, grabs them. Heather dropped a lamp, Holly dropped a soda. Both ladies made some noise. I would assume ZA had the same MO leading up to the abduction or attempted abduction, but what is it?

I agree Oceanblueeyes, but imo, the Bobos have had a pretty good idea of the information of who was responsible for their daughter's abduction/murder for a couple of years now..
Imo, this is a far reaching investigation into the meth trade that has plagued TN for decades now..

Imo it took the tragic abduction/murder of Holly Bobo and the subsequent community awareness and political pressure to get the attention of the TN Governor & State Legislature to eradicate this plague...

My birthplace is Savannah, TN; Hardin County. It saddens me to see the meth destruction of this once very safe area...
http://www.topix.com/forum/city/savannah-tn/T0NJQ9135M9DAB33E/p9

I thought we weren't allowed to link to topix. Not being snarky, just trying to clarify. :D

Much attention has been spent speculating on how ZA picked Holly as a target. But, what about Heather Sullivan?

Most criminals are creatures of habit. Many repeat offenders (killers, burglars, rapists) are caught because their crimes fit a pattern. Their MO is always the same. They chose their victims from the same area (like hookers working the same strip in town), etc. Since it is doubtful that ZA would be lucky enough to randomly be outside Heather's and Holly's houses at exactly the same time they were leaving for work/school... how did he pick them both? Are there other victims or potential victims? There has to be some sort of common denominator that would link ZA to Heather and Holly and, ultimately Zach.

On the suface his crime scene MO here seems strikingly the same... waiting by Heather's/Holly's car in the dawn or pre dawn hours, grabs them. Heather dropped a lamp, Holly dropped a soda. Both ladies made some noise. I would assume ZA had the same MO leading up to the abduction or attempted abduction, but what is it?

I thought in HS's case he tried to grab her as she was about to walk out the door and that's when she knocked over the lamp. Wasn't her bf home at the time?

I'll have to refresh my memory.

The question I have is why didn't they release the sketch at the time?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carla Lashelle View Post

On the surface his crime scene MO here seems strikingly the same... waiting by Heather's/Holly's car in the dawn or pre dawn hours, grabs them. Heather dropped a lamp, Holly dropped a soda. Both ladies made some noise. I would assume ZA had the same MO leading up to the abduction or attempted abduction, but what is it?

'Times, they are-a-changin, Carla Lashelle'.. As jurors and the general law abiding public are becoming more familiar with criminal investigations, etc., due to the CSI effect. Criminals are also becoming more educated and informed in strategies and tactics to evade investigators. Elusive predators have learned to vary their MOs and avoid patterns that can identify them, imo. Many predators are also forensically aware and very intelligent, as was ZRA, imo. Imo, ZRA was a thinker and an avid reader.

HS has been a FB friend since 2012. She worked for a Hickman co., TN transportation co., that shuttled folks to Dr appointments and hospitals for therapy, etc. She had a toothache that morning and went to her car to get something for the pain. HS's neighbor had witnessed the hooded perp peeping in her window the evening before the attempted abduction.

I thought in HS's case he tried to grab her as she was about to walk out the door and that's when she knocked over the lamp. Wasn't her bf home at the time?

I'll have to refresh my memory.

The question I have is why didn't they release the sketch at the time?

When the perp grabbed HS, she screamed and dropped the lantern that she was carrying. Her bf heard her scream and the breaking glass and asked if anything was wrong. Startled, the perp ran into the adjacent woods. 911 was called and LE responded and completed an incident report, but did not search the woods or conduct an investigation, according to HS.

The sketch was completed over 20 months later on 09/2012 by a forensics sketch artist and paid for with donated funds. The TBI was contacted according to HS, but the TBI forensic sketch artist had retired and the position vacant. In July 2011 HS's house burned. The ignition source was unknown to HS..

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/holly-bobos-alleged-killer-tied-to-previous-abduction-try/

I'm scanning through all the posts from day 1 (yes I know that's ALOT of posts!) trying to find anything damning anyone posted, and am curious... who was ZA's Crew. I'm trying to figure out if the _A on there is related and one of his crew.

I'm scanning through all the posts from day 1 (yes I know that's ALOT of posts!) trying to find anything damning anyone posted, and am curious... who was ZA's Crew. I'm trying to figure out if the _A on there is related and one of his crew.

If you want to research this privately, that's your choice of course. But we don't publicly name non-persons of interest on Websleuths. :tyou:

If you want to research this privately, that's your choice of course. But we don't publicly name non-persons of interest on Websleuths. :tyou:

Im' sorry, I thought I've seen the initials on here before, my mistake.

I don't know... I don't see ZA as any backwoods version of Blofeld. He still had to find Sullivan/her house somehow. Unless he just came across it 100% randomly. That is my question. If he was stalking Holly and her property and Sullivan and her house, how did he find them?

Quote:

'Times, they are-a-changin, Carla Lashelle'.. As jurors and the general law abiding public are becoming more familiar with criminal investigations, etc., due to the CSI effect. Criminals are also becoming more educated and informed in strategies and tactics to evade investigators. Elusive predators have learned to vary their MOs and avoid patterns that can identify them, imo. Many predators are also forensically aware and very intelligent, as was ZRA, imo. Imo, ZRA was a thinker and an avid reader.

HS has been a FB friend since 2012. She worked for a Hickman co., TN transportation co., that shuttled folks to Dr apointments and hospitals for therapy, etc. She had a toothache that morning and went to her car to get something for the pain. HS's neighbor had witnessed the hooded perp peeping in her window the evening before the attempted abduction.

When the perp grabbed HS, she screamed and dropped the lantern that she was carrying. Her bf heard her scream and the breaking glass and asked if anything was wrong. Startled, the perp ran into the adjacent woods. 911 was called and LE responded but did not search the woods or conduct an investigation, according to HS.

The sketch was completed over 20 months later on 09/2012 by a forensics sketch artist and paid for with donated funds. The TBI was contacted according to HS, but the TBI forensic sketch artist had retired and the position vacant. In July 2011 HS's house burned. The ignition source was unknown to HS..

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/holly-bobos-alleged-killer-tied-to-previous-abduction-try/

Did Holly or HS belong to a gym?
Perhaps ZA noticed them alone more than a few times in different places?

Was it confirmed the perp in HS attempted abduction is indeed ZA? Anybody have a link ? Thanks

Im' sorry, I thought I've seen the initials on here before, my mistake.

I thought you were wanting to bring up all of ZA's friends? I may have read that wrong. If they are named in MSM, it's okay to discuss what was reported. Hope that helps! :hug:

I don't know... I don't see ZA as any backwoods version of Blofeld. He still had to find Sullivan/her house somehow. Unless he just came across it 100% randomly. That is my question. If he was stalking Holly and her property and Sullivan and her house, how did he find them?
It could have been as easy as seeing them in a convenience store and following them home prior to the attempted and subsequent abductions. The common denominator is they were targeted and not random acts.

They're both blonde fwiw but that's all. I think HS is older than Holly. Some say they look alike but I disagree.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Loislooking