Holly Bobo, missing from TN 2014 discussion #2 ***ARREST***

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I also thought that the voluminous quote was the most interesting of the day. Does not necessarily mean that it amounts to much but its interesting to speculate that LE has suspected ZA all along and is just now got some kind of break that gave them what they needed to arrest and charge.

<Paraphrased TBI Division Deputy Director Jeff Puckett's statement from the ms media article linked below & BBM>
<Article from 05/2013 almost a year ago & before the ZA Search Warrant activity in Feb 2014>
RE: Voluminous Evidence of Prosecutor;

A typical TBI investigation for a complicated murder contains only 2 volumes/case files. The Holly Bobo investigation contains 27 Volumes and over 1500 investigative reports. There are more than 100 subpoenas, judicial documents, including; search warrants, court orders. Over 100 searches by law enforcement were organized and conducted in her case.
There has never been a case where there were as many State, Local, and Federal Resources dedicated to a single investigation in TN history..The dollar amount of resource$ dedicated to this case by law enforcement is too large to estimate..

http://tbinews.wordpress.com/2013/0...tennessee-woman-to-law-enforcement-standards/

So was Zach Adams their POI all along? If they gathered all this evidence against him for 3 years, are we supposed to believe they could not get a search warrant sooner?

Since I read the tweet today stating the DA has voluminous evidence on Zach Adams, I am beginning to believe that he is the only suspect in the aggravated kidnapping and murder of Holly.

He was arrested in February, 2014 and here we are almost in mid April, 2014, and there have been no other arrests connected to her case.

If the investigation of Adams has been ongoing for three years it just makes logical sense to me if anyone else was involved LE would have uncovered the other participants when they were investigating Adams. Especially since the names rumored have close ties with Adams, himself.

And really that makes a lot more sense to me. Almost every time we see cases like Holly's the kidnapping and murder was done by one sole perpetrator.

Now I suppose at some given point others could be arrested for lessor charges such as aiding and abetting possibly but that may not even happen either.

IMO

I don't know that they have been investigating ZA for the full three years. I'm wondering if they have been gathering evidence, but only recently actually had proof he was involved. All the evidence will work to hopefully convict him, but I'm thinking LE was not only looking at him.

There may be more arrests when more forensic reports are returned, but i'm wondering if some of the other POI's are not already in jail or are being allowed to run free hoping they will lead them to more evidence. If the charge for coercion against ZA is known to others involved, they may get nervous thinking someone is talking. JMO

Holly Bobo suspect yet to retain attorney

DECATURVILLE -- Judge C. Creed McGinley said there is little he could say during a status hearing for Zachary Adams this morning.

McGinley said in court that Adams has still not retained legal representation, although Nashville attorney Jennifer Lynn Thompson was present on his behalf.

The judge said that he spoke with Thompson during a telephone conference two days ago and that Thompson told him the family will still making "good faith efforts" to obtain an attorney.

McGinley stated that he advised Thompson that should she decide to be Adams' counsel of record, she would have to remain so unless a conflict of interest arose.

"If she signs on, she will be in it for the long haul," he said. McGinley also noted that Thompson has said the local public defender's office had stated that should Thompson not represent Adams, the local office would not be able to do so because of a conflict of interest. An attorney from the office told the judge in court today that this was true.

McGinley said in court that he regretted granting Adams a waiver of appearance for today's hearing, as he wished that he could inform him that it is his burden to retain an attorney, should he choose not to represent himself or seek a public defender.

"Until Mr. Adams is present, I am limited in what I can do," McGinley said. "I want to move this along as soon as possible. I am against coming in here every 30 days."
http://www.tennessean.com/story/new...lly-bobo-suspect-yet-retain-attorney/7508803/

:banghead:

Wait a second. This is ridiculous. Here we go again.

First, its his own fault if he gave ZA a waiver about not being there.

Secondly, whats this about every 30 days. He could schedule a new special hearing tomorrow to get his butt in there to tell him to get an attorney.

Thirdly and most importantly, what is this
"the local office would not be able to do so because of a conflict of interest."
Who in that office knows ZA and could that be the first clue about how ZA has gotten out of trouble all these years.

Fourthly, I am convinced ZA had friends in high places and that may explain why he never was seriously investigated for Holly's disappearance IMO. I also wonder about that threat on the brother and whether ZA really meant someone else in a position of authority would put his brother in the hole and not him.

Fifthly, if we start seeing shenanigans like this delay start to go on, then we need to start getting answers. If we see witnesses either murdered or disappeared then we need to demand answers. I have a bad feeling about who ZA knew in that town.

I have a hard time with thinking Holly's body or remains were found and it would be kept secret. It would be a most unusual way to go about a case, at the very least, and I am not sure I really want such a variance tested by TN, to be frank. When a body is found it is usually public record, and also there is the issue of chain of custody, whereas a whole of of people would be involved in the collection of remains. If they have not found her body, they may be acting vague about it if they don't want the "trial without a body" talk to start up at this point. I understand that her parents have come to believe she is dead, but I believe that could be based on a large amount of blood, evidence of her clothing and belongings, etc, maybe a combination of factors. I am pretty sure they (LE) cannot simply produce evidence of remains at trial or at the last minute. Anyway, what on earth would be the reason to hide the fact, if she and/or remains had been found? Finding remains is an essential part of a case, and solidifies it instantly.

Anyway Jmo, but just hope LE is not taking some weird chance.

If they have found any of her remains, they would only be required to tell the family. The fact of having the remains would be part of the formal discovery process, but LE or the prosecutors do not have to tell the public. LE may want to keep it quiet to keep looky-loos from trespassing on the Adam's or someone else's property.

For the defense, if Holly's remains was not placed at any location searched, ZA already knows they don't have the remains. He did get a receipt for everything they took and the warrant would have said where they searched.

Of course this is just my own thoughts.

I would think with the amount of resources that the local, state and FBI have involved in this investigation over time that the TN Attorney General would appoint a special prosecutor and impartial judge to handle this case. Both the judge and DA have previous experience with this defendant. In their previous experience with Zach, if nothing else I believe in the long run could be a conflict. And not worth the question now or later on an appeal if convicted. Without even the first motion filed in this case there are already questions about seating an impartial jury and local PDA has recused.

IMO even if Ms. Thompson were to be retained I question her office has the resources to effectively defend him (DNA, Pathology and other experts).

What are the election cycles of both DA and District Judge of Decatur? Will they be in office when trial takes place? Not sure I'm not local?

JMO's

The assault against his girlfriend's sister is what instigated the search warrants.

The question, however, is why did that crime become the search for Holly?

You think the Gf's sister rolled on him if she had any info about Holly when she filed her complaint?

RE your first paragraph. There are ways to get around it IMO . They could've requested search warrants for a crime unrelated to Holly. Once there, lo and behold, a discovery which would have resulted in his arrest at that time. 3 years ago.

I respectfully disagree. Getting search warrants for one thing, and secretively looking for something else would open up a whole can of worms, and we can all bet his defense attorney would take the bait and run with it all the way to the appellate courts.

The DT would demand that the SW be thrown out due to it not being related to Holly's case, and accuse the TBI of it being done underhandedly. SWs must be on the up and up. Always without exception. It is one of the most important parts of any case because the search warrant is what yields the evidence needed to make the case. In one way it is THE most important part of any case.

That just isn't how the TBI works or any state investigating agency. That would be taking the chance that a Judge could throw out all the evidence which would be a disaster for any DA/LE. No agency will take such risk.

They will bide their time, and when the time is right when they do have credible probable cause that will hold up in court they will ask for one to be executed.

Neither the TBI nor the FBI was ever going to do anything that would jeopardize this case. There is too much at stake. They made their move when the time was right, and not a minute before.

IMO

I have speculated about something like this for 3 years. I said we cant really know a motive until we know exactly what kind of crime this is/was. I considered the idea it was a robbery gone bad. Initial reports of the crime called it a home invasion. I can see ZA doing robberies and home invasions. Those would be planned crimes. Whatever else he did once at the scene would be a crime of opportunity. This could explain the inordinate amount of time he spent around the house that morning. The kidnapping may have popped into his head. This does not mean that her house was not targeted. ZA could have got it into his head that the Bobo's, who seem to be fairly well off (nice house, Holly's Mustang, father owns a business in town, etc.) would be a good target.

I tend to look at it a little more from a simplistic point of view. Usually cases do come down to what makes the most common sense.

Since the kidnapping went according to plan (imo) I do think he had waited in the woods that morning, knowing she comes out alone to go to school. He may have even been there when both of her parents left for work, and saw them leave. Clint's vehicle wasn't visible, and was in the garage due to the bad storms that were expected to come through the area. He thought he could take all the time he needed. He really thought no one was home but Holly, imo.

If I take the same set of circumstances from other cases where very pretty young women were also kidnapped, and later found to be murdered by the suspect, and then apply it to this case...........it convinces me this didn't have anything to do with a home invasion/robbery. Nor was it a spur of the moment decision. He never tried to gain entry to the home. Imo, what he wanted was outside, alone, and that was Holly Bobo. That is why he came there, imo.

I firmly believe that this tragic cases is like all the others before, and after Holly's case and his motive was totally sexual in nature. He wanted the prize that he knew he couldn't ever have any other way.

So just like he has always done he gives his victims no choice to make their own decisions, and expects them to do as he says. He takes, he abuses, he does whatever in the hell he wants to do. Just like he went on to abusing other victims, and committing more criminal acts after he had murdered Holly. It probably emboldened him even more since he thought he had gotten away with it.

ZA truly thought he was a 'Teflon Don' and he had every reason to believe that because he really never had to pay much for any of his crimes.

It took three long years, but no longer is the Teflon going to work this time. This time the TBI/FBI has melted off all of the Teflon, and everything is going to stick like glue from here on out.

IMO

Wait a second. This is ridiculous. Here we go again.

First, its his own fault if he gave ZA a waiver about not being there.

Secondly, whats this about every 30 days. He could schedule a new special hearing tomorrow to get his butt in there to tell him to get an attorney.

Thirdly and most importantly, what is this
"the local office would not be able to do so because of a conflict of interest."
Who in that office knows ZA and could that be the first clue about how ZA has gotten out of trouble all these years.

Fourthly, I am convinced ZA had friends in high places and that may explain why he never was seriously investigated for Holly's disappearance IMO. I also wonder about that threat on the brother and whether ZA really meant someone else in a position of authority would put his brother in the hole and not him.

Fifthly, if we start seeing shenanigans like this delay start to go on, then we need to start getting answers. If we see witnesses either murdered or disappeared then we need to demand answers. I have a bad feeling about who ZA knew in that town.

The conflict of interest concerning the public defenders didn't surprise me. I believe there will be key witnesses who will testify that have had local PDs that were the attorney of record for them, and may still be representing them on other charges not related to Holly's case.

So there would be a conflict of interest. If they are representing some of the witnesses they cant ethically turn around and represent Adams too.

I have a feeling this case is going to be filled with witnesses who have a vast criminal record themselves just like Adams does. We aren't going to see many Mr. Rogers or Mother Theresas testifying against Adams imo.

Usually pivotal witnesses in cases like this are of the same character as the defendant being tried.

I have no doubt the defense strategy is going to be to delay...delay...delay hoping witnesses die off or back out of testifying. They are also hoping to delay it hoping the emotions settle down some. Of course that never works because once the trial begins the emotions are right back to being at a fever pitch. It will be interesting to see if this Judge allows them to drag this out. So far he seems to be the type not to buy into the defense games, so we will see. He seems to want this to come to trial rather quickly.

In all fairness to the Judge, he has many other cases as well. Usually status hearings are held about every 30 days. So I don't have a problem with him about that decision. It means though the defense better have their shi* together on who is going to be his attorney of record. If not the Judge is going to blow a fuse this time.

IMO

<Paraphrased TBI Division Deputy Director Jeff Puckett's statement from the ms media article linked below & BBM>
<Article from 05/2013 almost a year ago & before the ZA Search Warrant activity in Feb 2014>
RE: Voluminous Evidence of Prosecutor;

A typical TBI investigation for a complicated murder contains only 2 volumes/case files. The Holly Bobo investigation contains 27 Volumes and over 1500 investigative reports. There are more than 100 subpoenas, judicial documents, including; search warrants, court orders. Over 100 searches by law enforcement were organized and conducted in her case.
There has never been a case where there were as many State, Local, and Federal Resources dedicated to a single investigation in TN history..The dollar amount of resource$ dedicated to this case by law enforcement is too large to estimate..

http://tbinews.wordpress.com/2013/0...tennessee-woman-to-law-enforcement-standards/

Very interesting. My question would be how much of this is relavate to the actual charges files agianst ZA, and how much is just searches testemony, interviews, CB lie detector...etc etc such that really doesn't have much bearing..

So was Zach Adams their POI all along? If they gathered all this evidence against him for 3 years, are we supposed to believe they could not get a search warrant sooner?

So many good points in this discussion, but lets not forget they had the HS suspect drawing that is a dead ringer for ZA, and now she positively ID'ed the guy, so if they had suspected him for three years and needed a search warrant, they would have had it right there..they could have done the whole detain in a traffic stop with HS is an unmarked car 30 feet away to ID him, without blowing any survailance operation, if this was the case. I just don't buy it. I think we are going to find that this group of ZA and friends where out robbing for meth and ZA started taking it to a new level with the HS incident, sort of gave him the idea.. because the HS incident seemed kind of bungled by ZA...any thoughts?

Additionally I think ZA is new to the picture as a person of interest in robberies more likely that a POI in Holly's disappearance. Like he came to light as a result of one of the gang that was caught turning on him..JMO

I don't know that they have been investigating ZA for the full three years. I'm wondering if they have been gathering evidence, but only recently actually had proof he was involved. All the evidence will work to hopefully convict him, but I'm thinking LE was not only looking at him.

There may be more arrests when more forensic reports are returned, but i'm wondering if some of the other POI's are not already in jail or are being allowed to run free hoping they will lead them to more evidence. If the charge for coercion against ZA is known to others involved, they may get nervous thinking someone is talking. JMO

BBM

I had thought that also could be the case but I no longer do,Leader. Adams was also incarcerated at the time for other charges, but they sure hauled his butt in, and charged him with aggravating kidnapping and murder of Holly. They also filed the additional charge of coercion.

I just think they would want to do the very same thing if anyone else is involved. They don't care if they are incarcerated for something else. They know they can charge them with any additional crimes anytime they want whether they are in jail or not.

It just makes logical sense to me if they have thoroughly investigated Adams, then all that may have been involved have already been thoroughly investigated as well. Especially since all the names that have been rumored have close ties with Adams. They would already be a part of the long ongoing investigation.

IMO

I think in the beginning, ZA was part of the inner circle of city LE. This is purely speculation on my part. I'm pretty sure he did something for the town or county. Not anything official, like a go-fer or transportion. But he would have access to LE communications. He might have friends,(customers) or family also employed there. I am again speculating-- not been released to MSM or by LE. Plus, from what I understand, his family has money or is influential in this small town.

I also think that is why TBI took over the investigation.

Just my :twocents: and is not known as fact. Just wanted to make sure that was clear. :cool:

ETA: Plz don't ask for a link, 'cuz I don't have one. :D

Interesting, did not know any of this about ZA, but I guess it makes sense that the guy shoots his mom and gets away with it...I mean I can't even conceive of that...What goes on in TN?

Thats just how stuff goes. To be fair, it seems he has worked on getting n atty. Its not like the trial is going to be next week. I can't see anything happening until 2015 or even 16. If he waives his right to a speedy trial this can take years so what is an extra month now, in the scheme of things?

You can suspect someone as much as you want but without evidence there isn't much you can do. Like it or not, that is how it works. Now, if it were me, I would have hauled him in and tortured him with a hot poker and pair of red hot pincers like it was 1589... but we cant do that now.

Its to bad..isn't it. Maybe they to pass it off as part of his drug rehab..hot poker to the crotch therapy lol ... With you.

How does a highway patrol get to determine what is evidence or not in a kidnapping/possible murder case...I don't get it. I digress when it comes to LE handling of this case.

Unless there is some MSM to back any of it (which there is not), I'd take it with a barrel of salt. At best, it's hearsay, so I'm not sure why it's even here. But as you point out, it's totally implausible -- it makes no sense. Besides which, I can't imagine how a hotel key card has any bearing on anything that happened in Holly's abduction.

Back to the lawyer issue. The court will have to appoint a lawyer for ZA if he cannot afford one as per the 1966 US Supreme Court ruling in Miranda v. Arizona. Sometimes, an accused will retain an attorney to start the trial. When the accused funds are exhausted, the state will then pay that attorney and any defense costs to defend the accused. I think this happened in Casey Anthony's trial. This is done so that the accused, if convicted, cannot appeal the verdict based on ineffectiveness of counsel because there was not money to mount a defense. The state doesn't give the defense attorney a blank check. The state will pay his/her fee at a much reduced rate. My opinion is that not retaining a lawyer yet is a stall tactic on ZA's part. He isn't used to being held accountable for his crimes as we can see with his past arrests and case dispositions. I think he is a manipulator and will try to do this as much as he thinks he can to prolong the length of time it will take to bring this case to court. I think he has realized that these lawmen are not playing with him, so to speak. They made him do the perp walk, are holding him accountable for spewing out a threat against his younger brother. I think whatever attorney defends ZA will have his/her hands full just doing damage control because of his actions in jail. I think this will be an ongoing problem with ZA.
This link is interesting:
http://time.com/57066/tennessee-senate-electric-chair-capital-punishment-execution/?hpt=hp_t3

A question
Does anyone know if ZA had a lawyer present during his questioning by LE?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AustinK98