Holly Bobo, missing from TN 2014 discussion #4 ***ARRESTS***

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks Lyric and dog.gone. It must have been a typo. I am in Hamilton County and it is a long ways from Parsons!

:seeya: It looks like the reporter got the name of the county wrong !

So what you can tell us from Hamilton County ? Any "scoop" ?

:seeya:

They are accused of hiding the video. Interesting. Now, how is it the authorities are sure this video exists or existed?

Also how old was MP in 2000 and how old was the girl?
Sounds like a relationship or fling with a consensual but underage girl.

I believe Mark Pearcy's date of birth is 1975. so in 2000 that would make him 25 at the time of the statutory rape charge. Not sure of the age of the victim in that case.

:seeya: It looks like the reporter got the name of the county wrong !

So what you can tell us from Hamilton County ? Any "scoop" ?

:seeya:

Nope. I am on the opposite end of the state and I have never heard anyone here ever mention Holly Bobo. Me and my boyfriend discuss her case sometimes because we follow true crime, but aside from us, I have never heard anyone around here mention her. I am wishing for the best for Holly and her family.

It is really sad to think of what she may have went through. I mean, we don't even know for sure what she went through yet, but just from what we have heard on the news....I just can't imagine anyone ever having to endure that. Poor Holly.

I believe Mark Pearcy's date of birth is 1975. so in 2000 that would make him 25 at the time of the statutory rape charge. Not sure of the age of the victim in that case.

She sure had to be under the age of legal consent for him to be charged and convicted. So how old would that make her at least? Under the age of 16 she would have to be a least a minimum of 15 years old or younger I would think.

And I thought I had read somewhere that he had done this twice.

IMO

They are accused of hiding the video. Interesting. Now, how is it the authorities are sure this video exists or existed?

Also how old was MP in 2000 and how old was the girl?
Sounds like a relationship or fling with a consensual but underage girl.

If only we knew what they know. lol

Imo, because the authorities have evidence that one exists. They bring charges against someone based on the evidence they have.

Of course that has been said for years over on Topix just like they said for years the A-Train was involved.

It sounds like quite a few knew about the video.

At 25 years old he had no business messing around with an underage girl period.....consent or no consent, imo.

IMO

http://aspe.hhs.gov/hsp/08/sr/statelaws/summary.shtml

state Age of consent Min age vict Age differential - victim & def
(if victim is above minimum age)

Tennessee 18 13 4

http://www.state.tn.us/tccy/tnchild/39/39-13-506.htm

39-13-506. Statutory rape.

(a) Mitigated statutory rape is the unlawful sexual penetration of a victim by the defendant, or of the defendant by the victim when the victim is at least fifteen (15) but less than eighteen (18) years of age and the defendant is at least four (4) but not more than five (5) years older than the victim.

b) Statutory rape is the unlawful sexual penetration of a victim by the defendant or of the defendant by the victim when:

(1) The victim is at least thirteen (13) but less than fifteen (15) years of age and the defendant is at least four (4) years but less than ten (10) years older than the victim; or

(2) The victim is at least fifteen (15) but less than eighteen (18) years of age and the defendant is more than five (5) but less than ten (10) years older than the victim.

(c) Aggravated statutory rape is the unlawful sexual penetration of a victim by the defendant, or of the defendant by the victim when the victim is at least thirteen (13) but less than eighteen (18) years of age and the defendant is at least ten (10) years older than the victim.

(d) (1) Mitigated statutory rape is a Class E felony.

(2) Statutory rape is a Class E felony.

(3) Aggravated statutory rape is a Class D felony.

DECATURVILLE — An affidavit filed in Decatur County General Sessions Court against Mark Lynn Pearcy says that a witness who knows Pearcy has seen a video connected to the Holly Bobo case. The witness who watched the video believes a voice on the recording is Mark Pearcy’s, according to the affidavit.

The court document states that Jeffrey Pearcy told the witness about the video, and that Jeffrey Pearcy then left the witness’s home and went to see Mark Pearcy. Jeffrey Pearcy returned to the witness’s home with the video, and used an electronic device to show the video to the witness, the affidavit says.

http://www.jacksonsun.com/article/20140611/NEWS01/306110025

[According to online records, Mark Pearcy registered as a sex offender in 2000 after being convicted of statutory rape. He lives in Decaturville, according to the records. Jeffrey Pearcy does not appear to have a prior record in Henderson or Decatur counties./QUOTE]

One would think, if he doesn't want a criminal felony record, he would just tell. Only other thing I could think is the "witness" is trying for his own deal.

Quick little blurb on HLN On the Case..coming up Holly Bobo... I'm sure it will be just about what we already know from the last couple of days.

On a side note:

Kimster*Websleuths ‏@KimsterWS
#websleuths is having some site work done. We don't anticipate interruptions, but if there are, that's what's going on. :)

WoW HLN actually covered it, showing the video report from channel 5 yesterday and the dream team did talk a very little bout it.

[According to online records, Mark Pearcy registered as a sex offender in 2000 after being convicted of statutory rape. He lives in Decaturville, according to the records. Jeffrey Pearcy does not appear to have a prior record in Henderson or Decatur counties./QUOTE]

One would think, if he doesn't want a criminal felony record, he would just tell. Only other thing I could think is the "witness" is trying for his own deal.
Here's a thought; maybe there's nothing to tell. I don't go on someone's word after three years if I was on a jury. I can imagine this witness has a record too and is another interesting character, considering his association with Mark Pearcy for 17 years. If this did happen, I hope JP tells, or the TBI can find the video or evidence it was deleted.

From what it sounds like so far, LE is grasping at weak straws and trying to make something stick, somehow, with virtually nothing to work with. Unless I am missing something ....

1 They have no video, just some unnamed guy's word that he was shown one at one time by a Pearcy.
2 They also just have his word that what he was shown, on it he heard (not saw) the other of the Pearcy bros on the video.

So on that basis, they arrest the Pearcy bros for not having and giving them this perhaps-mythological video that some guy said existed at one time? Wow.

Unless I am missing something, this is scary law enforcing, and not in a good way.

Jeff bonded out. Received this email via Vinelink.

6/11/2014

This e-mail is to inform you that JEFFERY PEARCY has been released from custody as of 6/11/2014. The reason for this release is: Bonded out. If you have any concerns about your immediate safety, contact your local law enforcement agency, or if you have an emergency, call 911.

Also, I'll have to search back but Mark was charged with rape but the charge also stated with priors. It wasn't his first time in 2000. jmo

https://www.vinelink.com/vinelink/siteInfoAction.do?siteId=43000

Here it is.

Offense or Statute
Offense/Statute:10/03/2000 STATUTORY RAPE: WITH PRIOR CONVICTION FOR STATUTORY, MITIGATED, OR AGGRAVATED

http://www.homefacts.com/offender-detail/TN00335266/Mark-Lynn-Pearcy.html

From what it sounds like so far, LE is grasping at weak straws and trying to make something stick, somehow, with virtually nothing to work with. Unless I am missing something ....

1 They have no video, just some unnamed guy's word that he was shown one at one time by a Pearcy.
2 They also just have his word that what he was shown, on it he heard (not saw) the other of the Pearcy bros on the video.

So on that basis, they arrest the Pearcy bros for not having and giving them this perhaps-mythological video that some guy said existed at one time? Wow.

Unless I am missing something, this is scary law enforcing, and not in a good way.

Doesn't really feel like they have much solid to work with does it ??

Isn't this what is commonly referred to as hearsay ??

Anyway, even though things in the Bobo case may be a little slow right now, for all of you folks here in Tennessee like me, here is another local story that will make you beam with pride.

http://news.yahoo.com/man-accused-killing-dismembering-woman-eating-part-her-002315724.html

Oh my heavens.

I haven't been following this case, but feel sick now thinking there is some possible photographic (still or video) evidence of a horror that Holly may have endured.

What did I read on an earlier post about someone killing a woman and then feeding the body to a pig? What the ......??? Who are these monsters?

Unfortunate that Holly was probably targeted b/c she was so beautiful. My heart breaks for this family. I pray they can find peace in some form as this plays out.

I'm looking at Mark Pearcy's criminal history at the TBI website, yes, he is there under the RSO... Since 2008 he has 4 violations of probation and a couple of driving on revoke suspended. Oh and he is now updated with his RSO.

Mark Lynn Pearcy TID: 00335266

http://www.tbi.state.tn.us/sorint/sochrhistory.aspx

I believe the only reason we know what little we do about the tape or recording now is that TBI did not go to a GJ to get the arrest warrants. If they had we still wouldn't know what we have learned this week.

LE is spoon feeding MSM with a very small spoon. I have felt that LE has had the recording since before the presser. The reporter asked if they have a video of the "killing" of Holly. After looking at each other and hesitating they dissected the question and finally said "no". If the recording is of a "party" after the abduction and not the killing itself then they didn't actually lie, just not a full answer, IMO.

If they do have a recording of who was there at that time they could be now going after those individuals for their involvement. They are "knocking on doors" just as they said they would. They asked them to come forward, or "we'll be on your doorstep".

JMO's

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member