Holly Bobo, missing from TN 2014 discussion #4 ***ARRESTS***

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow. Just wow at the new developments. All I can do is pray for the Bobo family. I hope every last one of these people involved in the murder and with thwarting justice are punished to the utmost degree of the law. In this case, and I rarely feel this way, I hope they get the DP, and the sadistic side of me is doing a happy dance that TN brought back to electric chair.

I think LE has seen/heard this recording. I am basing my opinion on the facial expressions and reactions of LE at the news conference when they were questioned about the existence of the video/recording. A person can control his/her verbal responses when asked about something he/she doesn't want to discuss, but not a lot of people can control their gut reactions. I know my observation is not based on any scientific fact. As I've said before referring to this case, I might have too much faith in LE but I doubt LE would just be on a fishing expedition here and not have facts. The possible recording has been mentioned in the presence of LE twice now.

ITA!

I have always been very good at reading someone's reactions when certain things are said and both Gwinn and the DA were stunned that the reporter knew about the video.

They wanted that to remain a secret especially since at that time ZA didn't even have an attorney of record and no discovery had to be handed over at that time. Gwinn was so taken back that he forgot to use his old standby of 'no comment.' And the DA was grappling with what to say and how to say it with no time to think about it. It was sprung on both of them without warning.

They aren't fishing. They know that Mark Pearcy has the original video and that is what they need to bring it into the trial.

:seeya: Morning Y'all !

Just had a thought as to the discussions regarding what evidence or video or dna etc. LE has in Holly's case :

JMO but prosecutors like to have solid evidence to prosecute their case ... IMO, no way would a DA try a case on "hearsay" or "he said / she said" or there "might be a video" etc.

I think that they have something solid, BUT is it solid enough for convictions ?

IMO, prosecutors -- most of them -- like to have a "body" or "remains" ...

Could it be that is why it took almost 3 years for an arrest ?

In other words, they knew WHO the perpS were early on after Holly was abducted :banghead: ... BUT they had no solid evidence to prove it at that time ... and unfortunately, Holly has NOT been found :banghead:

So it took them years to obtain the evidence and did NOT want this group of career-criminals-drug-addicts to know that TBI was onto them.

JMO and MOO : but I still want to know MOTIVE ... I know and understand it does not always matter and does not always need to be "proven" ...

But IMO, it is one of the missing pieces to Holly's case that may help some of this make some sense...

Just thinking out loud and out the box ...

:twocents:

it's possible the video is of Holly being buried or of a gravesite or of the weapon(s) being destroyed/buried/thrown away and not necessarily of her being abducted, raped, or killed

or it's possible that someone who was asked to help get rid of evidence subversively activated record on their phone and there's not really a viable visual recording but a voice one where the perp and the person charged with accessory after the fact are discussing the crime

I do believe these two were involved with perhaps the disposal of Holly after she was murdered and that is why both have been charged with AATF. But the highest felony they have been charged with is Tampering with EVIDENCE. That is really the worst charge. That is a key factor in determining what this video consist of and imo it is not after she is dead.

It has already been revealed by Gwinn that several have come forward now that saw Holly alive after she was kidnapped. It only makes sense to me that Mark Pearcy was inside ZAs home at the time and is the one making the video and is heard talking in the background.

Since he has been charged with tampering with evidence it can only pertain to something that is material evidence pertaining to the crimes committed against Holly. Aggravated kidnapping and murder.

While most of the chatter 'over there' has to be discounted some of it has been spot on said by locals and it has been said for sometime now there is a video of Holly has she was being held and brutalized by all of these brutes.

So local people have known about this video for years now. Just like they knew all along the A-Train were the culprits involved.

Imo, the TBI has copies of this video but what they do not have and will need for it to be entered at trial is the original video.

IMO

ITA!

I have always been very good at reading someone's reactions when certain things are said and both Gwinn and the DA were stunned that the reporter knew about the video.

They wanted that to remain a secret especially since at that time ZA didn't even have an attorney of record and no discovery had to be handed over at that time. Gwinn was so taken back that he forgot to use his old standby of 'no comment.' And the DA was grappling with what to say and how to say it with no time to think about it. It was sprung on both of them without warning.

They aren't fishing. They know that Mark Pearcy has the original video and that is what they need to bring it into the trial.

:seeya: Hi OBE !

BBM: I agree that they did NOT want it know about the video ...

BUT ... the secret was out ... IYKWIM

:twocents:

I have a better understanding of recovery of things like emails/texts. What kind of ability does LE have to retrieve videos/pictures on phones if they've been deleted?

reedus23, the FBI Digital & Cyber Forensics Unit has amazing abilities to reconstruct videos and audios that have been deleted. Many State Crime Labs are trained by the FBI CFU..

In the serial killer gary m. hilton, FL death penalty trial for the murder of Cheryl Hodges Dunlap. GMH had videoed the crime, and later deleted and taped over it. The video was reconstructed/retrieved at the FDLE crime lab by digital/cyber technicians, and shown to jurors during trial. Imo, the damning video/audio was instrumental
in his swift guilty verdict and death sentence by the jurors, who were all in tears...

FBI - Digital Forensics Help Solve Crimes
http://www.fbi.gov/news/stories/2011/may/forensics_053111/forensics_053111

reedus23, the FBI Digital & Cyber Forensics Unit has amazing abilities to reconstruct videos and audios that have been deleted. Many State Crime Labs are trained by the FBI CFU..

In the serial killer gary m. hilton, FL death penalty trial for the murder of Cheryl Hodges Dunlap. GMH had videoed the crime, and later deleted and taped over it. The video was reconstructed/retrieved at the FDLE crime lab by digital/cyber technicians, and shown to jurors during trial. Imo, the damning video/audio was instrumental
in his swift guilty verdict and death sentence by the jurors, who were all in tears...

FBI - Digital Forensics Help Solve Crimes
http://www.fbi.gov/news/stories/2011/may/forensics_053111/forensics_053111

And think Jodi Arias? Pictures deleted, washed in bleach, left in the washer, and still retrievable. :)

In this day and age, with all the new technology how many of us have gotten new cellphones, Ipads etc. ? Especially those of us who upgrade to the newer models. There is a new name called "selfies" but the activity has been going on for years.

What happens to the old device? Usually ends up in the bottom of a dresser drawer. There is a distinct possibility, IMO that Dylan when cornered during that search, and after Zach's threat told LE of these and where they could find it (them). If the recording was "sent" LE could find each person it was sent to. Much like FBI does in child *advertiser censored* cases. Dylan actually lived in the home and would know where everything and where it was.

I think LE is just not showing their cards yet because the game is still on. They are just upping the ante.

JMO's

ITA!

Ocean, I believe you are right. The District Attorney is very trained and has years of experience asking and answering questions. The way of asking a question to get the answer they want (or already know) and answering a question after dissecting it without committing perjury or getting busted by a judge or opposing attorney.

I think that's why the "hot potato" question got tossed to him at the presser.

JMO's

And think Jodi Arias? Pictures deleted, washed in bleach, left in the washer, and still retrievable. :)

:seeya: Good one, Tulessa !

And what a surprise it was for Jodi when she found out those pics were retrievable :floorlaugh:

Ah ... wonder if the A train and company thought that their "meth" and "drugs" would eliminate pics :floorlaugh:

:seeya:

~ Electronic Device ~

Today even drug users know what usb ports and flash drives are.
My 72 year old mother is now taking pictures off of her computer and putting them on one of these little drives that you can just plug into a computer and see everything on it.
Kids are using these in school.
People are using these for their resume's.
Things shared through phones, computers, emails and such is stored up in those clouds now.
DvD's can be used on just about any computer.
External Hard drives hold enormous amounts of material.
Phones, tablets, pads, notebooks can take minutes worth of video.

This "recording" could be anything.

Oh and Hi !!!

:seeya: Good one, Tulessa !

And what a surprise it was for Jodi when she found out those pics were retrievable :floorlaugh:

Ah ... wonder if the A train and company thought that their "meth" and "drugs" would eliminate pics :floorlaugh:

Something I thought about, my little camera, nothing fancy, has a little sd card, that I can take video's with as well. It also holds quite a few pics and then I just plug it into one of the ports on my computer to upload and then delete them...and of course we all know they are not ever deleted.

Lyric, Thanks for posting the link and info in the Court Case Thread ... bringing over here 'cause I think I missed it here:

From: http://www.wkrn.com/story/25744903/2-men-arrested-in-connection-to-holly-bobo-case

Mark Pearcy Hearing

He is scheduled to appear in a Decatur County court for a preliminary June 16

-------------------------------------------------------

RBBM: So MP will be in Decatur County ... JP's hearing yesterday was in Henderson County ...

Hmmm ...

:moo:

From WKRN :

Jeffrey Pearcy’s lawyer, Olin Baker, told News 2 the affidavit is inaccurate and his client’s position is that he has neither seen a video with Holly in it nor does one exist as far as he knows.

He added to his knowledge, his client does not know Zachary Adams or Jason Autry, the two other men charged in the case.

http://www.wkrn.com/story/25744903/2-men-arrested-in-connection-to-holly-bobo-case

BBM: Interesting, IMO ...

I was wondering IF any sort of statement regarding JP or MP would be made regarding a connection to the A's ...

So what is the connection of the P's to the A's ?

Something I thought about, my little camera, nothing fancy, has a little sd card, that I can take video's with as well. It also holds quite a few pics and then I just plug it into one of the ports on my computer to upload and then delete them...and of course we all know they are not ever deleted.

And if you don't delete them after you upload them you can just take your SM card to anyone else's home that has a computer and it can be viewed/uploaded again. Or they can view the video from your camera. Or you can upload them to a flash drive.

I personally think it was a cell phone that was most likely used though.

IMO

Lyric, Thanks for posting the link and info in the Court Case Thread ... bringing over here 'cause I think I missed it here:

From: http://www.wkrn.com/story/25744903/2-men-arrested-in-connection-to-holly-bobo-case

Mark Pearcy Hearing

He is scheduled to appear in a Decatur County court for a preliminary June 16

-------------------------------------------------------

RBBM: So MP will be in Decatur County ... JP's hearing yesterday was in Henderson County ...

Hmmm ...

Thank you!!! LOL I forgot to post it here to this morning.

Looks like I'm in the minority. But having watched the press conference where a question about a video was asked, and having read the wording and the responses regarding the arrests of the Pearcy bros, I still believe that the idea that LE has personally seen a video or now possesses one is completely off base.

• From the way things have been worded, I take it that this was a video recording taken on a phone.
  • The idea that they could retrieve the video depends on the ability to get their hands on a phone that has the data.
  • But phones can be lost or destroyed, quite benignly in fact, and witnesses can lie or be mistaken.
  • The Pearcy's are clearly being charged for things that have NOT been found, rather than for what has been found.

Taken together, I take all that to indicate that LE has no video, nor have they seen one, but they do think one exists. The inference I've drawn is that they were told of a video, chose to believe what they were told, and hope to use whatever means necessary (including these arrests) to get it.

What may be important is whether LE has compelling proof of a video's existence apart from a he-said she-said thing - - if they do, so far we absolutely haven't heard of any such proof.

From WKRN :

Jeffrey Pearcy’s lawyer, Olin Baker, told News 2 the affidavit is inaccurate and his client’s position is that he has neither seen a video with Holly in it nor does one exist as far as he knows.

He added to his knowledge, his client does not know Zachary Adams or Jason Autry, the two other men charged in the case.

http://www.wkrn.com/story/25744903/2-men-arrested-in-connection-to-holly-bobo-case

BBM: Interesting, IMO ...

I was wondering IF any sort of statement regarding JP or MP would be made regarding a connection to the A's ...

So what is the connection of the P's to the A's ?

I can only speculate, since I've not been to see what the local flair has to say about it....In a small town, people know people and are distant relatives or they are relatives of relatives. JP may not know them, but I have a feeling MP does.
From what I gather, MP is not a very nice person at all. Rumor's have him involved in other ghastly deeds.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Txwoman