Holly Bobo, missing from TN 2014 discussion #4 ***ARRESTS***

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I pray that TBI has a device or an upload that backs up the claims of the existence of this tape. As I have said several times, I absolutely believe it existed. I just worry that the device it was on was destroyed or attempts were made to destroy it. I hope like hell they have found in their recent search of Pearcy trailer the device, attempts to destroy or no, and that explains the current charges, and further that TBI or FBI has or is in future able to retrieve that data.

I agree that if witness testimony is all that they have, it COULD still convict, but IMO it WOULD need to be backed up with other independent evidence that gave credence to this alleged tape. Because despite my absolute belief in its existence, bottom line, with just one nefarious person with a criminal history to back those claims up, I worry.

A lot.

:seeya:

I have never seen one case brought to trial that only had eye witness testimony in it and nothing more to support the charges.

I think if they only had one or two witnesses with credibility issues then the state may have a problem especially if they have no evidence to support their testimony. But since I have never seen/heard or read about such a case I don't think this one will be any different than all the rest.

But I am not worried in this case. This one is going to end in a conviction for all participants, imo. I think this is going to be about multiple witnesses who are testifying to the same set of facts and with numbers comes credibility. The DT will not be able to convince the jury that everyone is lying but their client. After awhile of blaming every SOD it becomes ridiculous and an insult to the jury's intelligence.

Imo, the DA/TBI not only has eye witnesses but they have an overwhelming amount of solid evidence to support what every witness is going to testify to, imo. Priceless and I think that is why the DA is contemplating the DP and said so when ZA was arrested.

As soon as they swooped down on ZAs home and property like a bunch of vultures he was arrested and as soon as they got some of the other forensic evidence back in Autry was arrested, imo.

While some jurors may not believe eye witnesses with credibility problems most all do. Hell we always seem to have some very quirky juries ever now and then. One jury was even so stupid they thought a little 2 year old girl who was thrown away in a swampy area like trash and forgotten and left to rot was because she accidently drowned. And of course in the Mel Ignato case they let a murderer walk because the key witness was a drug addict but she was the only one there who witnessed the kidnapping, rape and murder. But these cases are anomalies and that is why they create such outrage when they do happen.

This is not going to happen in this case. In this case they have both types of evidence. Direct eye witness(es) testimony and an overwhelming amount of CE including forensics. And they most positively have proof of death for Holly. Something so convincing and substantial that it convinced Holly's parents beyond ALL doubt.

Personally, I think they were shown still shots taken from the video copy they have and took it to them to show them Holly had indeed been murdered in the most horrible way imaginable.:(

IMO

:seeya:

I have never seen one case brought to trial that only had eye witness testimony in it and nothing more to support the charges.

I think if they only had one or two witnesses with credibility issues then the state may have a problem especially if they have no evidence to support their testimony. But since I have never seen/heard or read about such a case I don't think this one will be any different than all the rest.

But I am not worried in this case. This one is going to end in a conviction for all participants, imo. I think this is going to be about multiple witnesses who are testifying to the same set of facts and with numbers comes credibility. The DT will not be able to convince the jury that everyone is lying but their client. After awhile of blaming every SOD it becomes ridiculous and an insult to the jury's intelligence.

Imo, the DA/TBI not only has eye witnesses but they have an overwhelming amount of solid evidence to support what every witness is going to testify to, imo. Priceless and I think that is why the DA is contemplating the DP and said so when ZA was arrested.

As soon as they swooped down on ZAs home and property like a bunch of vultures he was arrested and as soon as they got some of the other forensic evidence back in Autry was arrested, imo.

While some jurors may not believe eye witnesses with credibility problems most all do. Hell we always seem to have some very quirky juries ever now and then. One jury was even so stupid they thought a little 2 year old girl who was thrown away in a swampy area like trash and forgotten and left to rot was because she accidently drowned. And of course in the Mel Ignato case they let a murderer walk because the key witness was a drug addict but she was the only one there who witnessed the kidnapping, rape and murder. But these cases are anomalies and that is why they create such outrage when they do happen.

This is not going to happen in this case. In this case they have both types of evidence. Direct eye witness(es) testimony and an overwhelming amount of CE including forensics. And they most positively have proof of death for Holly. Something so convincing and substantial that it convinced Holly's parents beyond ALL doubt.

Personally, I think they were shown still shots taken from the video copy they have and took it to them to show them Holly had indeed been murdered in the most horrible way imaginable.:(

IMO

I tend to agree with most all you have mentioned in this post.

Re BBM
I also think that photos OR still-shots of portions of the video is probably what was used by LE to convince the family of her demise. There would be no need to show entire video to the family.

For just speculation, I even wonder if maybe the perps took some single photos with their cell phones and had single photos that they shared within their group as well as the rumored video. I wonder if maybe they had originally planned to try to get ransom money from someone using photo(s) as proof that they had her.

I tend to agree with most all you have mentioned in this post.

Re BBM
I also think that photos OR still-shots of portions of the video is probably what was used by LE to convince the family of her demise. There would be no need to show entire video to the family.

For just speculation, I even wonder if maybe the perps took some single photos with their cell phones and had single photos that they shared within their group as well as the rumored video. I wonder if maybe they had originally planned to try to get ransom money from someone using photo(s) as proof that they had her.

Nice to 'see' you Hatfield and all of my other posting buddies too on this case.:seeya: I have really missed posting with all of you lately. I have gotten too old to closely keep up with two different cases at once it seems. :floorlaugh:

But to answer what I have bolded.

I really wish the video was just a benign video of Holly just to show she was being held captive but I honestly do not believe that at all.

We are dealing with monsters we often do not see..........not even for us who closely keeps up with horrific crimes on a day to day basis.

I think they took photos/videos to memorialize their sadist, depraved, evil acts. They weren't taken to be sent to her parents demanding ransom. They were taken so they could continue to enjoy what they had done to Holly each time they looked at the video/photos time and time again.:mad:

I truly hope the TBI was able to find a still shot to show her parents that wasn't so gruesome but that too is wishful thinking. I cant even begin to imagine the pain and agony Holly's family has had to endure. Can you even imagine what it must be like to see a photo of your beautiful beloved daughter knowing she is laying there dead? I cant begin to tell you how even the thought of that shatters my heart for the Bobo family.

But that is the only thing I can think of where they would 100% accept that their sweet precious daughter is no longer living. When hope is all gone for everyone else a parent still never gives up hope until they know for certain there is no hope left.

IMO

Respectfully snipped -
We are dealing with monsters we often do not see..........not even for us who closely keeps up with horrific crimes on a day to day basis.

I think they took photos/videos to memorialize their sadist, depraved, evil acts. They weren't taken to be sent to her parents demanding ransom. They were taken so they could continue to enjoy what they had done to Holly each time they looked at the video/photos time and time again.

My thoughts exactly, but stated so much better by you!

Hope everyone is enjoying the hot weather. Okay, interesting article below:

Jeff Pearcy speaks out

http://www.wsmv.com/story/25813206/man-suspected-in-holly-bobo-case-speaks-out-about-video

"I don't know if they're grasping at straws," Jeffrey Pearcy said. "This is the closest thing to a modern-day witch hunt that I've ever seen."

Jeffrey Pearcy now has to wear an ankle monitoring system after going to jail. He also lost his job as a master jeweler.

"They made life a living hell for me," he said.

And he says he's struggling to raise his six kids.

"It's going to cost me the next 25 years of my life that I was planning college, a car. It's taken me from that to where I don't know if I can buy them food next week," he said. "It's not just something you can get back by them saying, 'I'm sorry.' They have destroyed by life."

'My heart goes out to the Bobo family. It could have very well been one of my kids. For someone to give them false hope, and that's exactly what's been done to them,' he said. 'But for the justice system to just haul someone in and destroy their whole life, I mean, there's no sense in that at all.'

Wow this is crazy. I pray the prosecution has something to back up the video story other than someone saying they saw it via Jeff Pearcy, and heard Mark Pearcy's voice on it.

Jeff Pearcy speaks out

http://www.wsmv.com/story/25813206/man-suspected-in-holly-bobo-case-speaks-out-about-video

Wow this is crazy. I pray the prosecution has something to back up the video story other than someone saying they saw it via Jeff Pearcy, and heard Mark Pearcy's voice on it.

The weather is way TOO HOT here in south Georgia, Evelyn.:scared: We have had heat advisories out all week. Its to the dangerous stage.

I find his statements rather interesting to say the least but I have never put much into what defendants say about their innocence anyway. To hear most of them tell it they are all innocent.

His attorney must have informed him this is the time he could receive on both charges if convicted.

"Its going to cost me the next 25 years of my life.' Quote:

Now why would he think that if he is all innocent?

Shouldn't he be saying that he cant wait to go to trial so he and his attorney can prove they have no evidence at all against him?

Lets see if he is wants to go to trial right away and opts for his constitutional right to a speedy trial.

Wow, he has six children?

Jeff Pearcy speaks out

:seeya: Thanks for the update.

:twocents:

This is very interesting, IMO ... One of the first things your defense attorney tells you is to shut your pie hole ... yet JP is having a presser.

JMO but I think JP's speaking to the press yesterday was his [JP's] way to send a message to "someone" to let that person know that he said "nothing" to LE while in jail ...

Remember at his arraignment, the Judge told him NOT to speak to anyone regarding this case ... YET appx a week later, JP decides to talk to the press ?

So was this message sent to his half-brother MP -- or someone else ?

Again JMO, but I do believe there is some sort of "electronic type evidence" -- whether it be a video, photograph, etc -- regarding Holly AFTER her abduction, which evidence may be in "whole" or in "part" ... KWIM ?

:moo: and :twocents:

:seeya: Thanks for the update.

This is very interesting, IMO ... One of the first things your defense attorney tells you is to shut your pie hole ... yet JP is having a presser.

JMO but I think JP's speaking to the press yesterday was his [JP's] way to send a message to "someone" to let that person know that he said "nothing" to LE while in jail ...

Remember at his arraignment, the Judge told him NOT to speak to anyone regarding this case ... YET appx a week later, JP decides to talk to the press ?

So was this message sent to his half-brother MP -- or someone else ?

Again JMO, but I do believe there is some sort of "electronic type evidence" -- whether it be a video, photograph, etc -- regarding Holly AFTER her abduction, which evidence may be in "whole" or in "part" ... KWIM ?

:moo: and :twocents:

Morning Cutie!

I also noticed he would shift his eyes to the side really quickly at times and then would look down some of the time when he was talking with the reporter.

I believe you are exactly right. He wants it known he didn't reveal a thing to LE. That he is not a snitch.

IMO

From News Channel 5:

Jeff Pearcy has been charged in connection with the Holly Bobo murder case. Wednesday he spoke out and claimed his innocence.

"It was all a surprise to me," Pearcy said.

On May 29, he and his half-brother, Mark Pearcy, were arrested and charged with tampering with evidence and accessory after the fact in the Holly Bobo kidnapping and murder investigation.

"The charges are (against) me and him both – and neither one of us has a clue what they're talking about," Pearcy said.

http://www.newschannel5.com/story/2...nnection-with-bobo-case-speaks-for-first-time

Jeff Pearcy speaks out

If they don't have more than that, this ought to scare the crap out of everyone who has any respect what-so-ever for our justice system.

Morning Cutie!

I also noticed he would shift his eyes to the side really quickly at times and then would look down some of the time when he was talking with the reporter.

I believe you are exactly right. He wants it known he didn't reveal a thing to LE. That he is not a snitch.

IMO

It doesn't even occur to you for one moment that maybe he really doesn't have a clue what LE is talking about, OBE? Is that beyond the realm of possibility in your eyes?

Morning Cutie!

IMO

:seeya: Morning, OBE !

I just watched the video, and I agree about the "shifting" of the eyes ... Ah, it would be helpful to have a "body language expert" and a "statement analysis expert" weigh in on JP's movements and statements ...

It appears to me that JP's "Presser" was done in his attorney's office ? I noticed the Reporters/law books in the background ...

Again, all very interesting ...

From WKRN:

During an interview with News 2 Wednesday, Jeff Pearcy said he knows nothing about any video.

"The first I heard about a video was when investigators were questioning me and the more that I told them I didn't know what they were talking about the more mad they got,” he said.

Pearcy will be back in court in July 1.

http://www.wkrn.com/story/25812357/holly-bobo-suspect-jeff-pearcy-says-hes-innocent

Here is the link to a 5 minute Interview of Jeff Pearcy on WKRN:

http://www.wkrn.com/category/175880/video-landing-page?clipId=10280899&autostart=true

ETA: The reporter questions Jeff about his half-brother, Mark's knowledge of the "video" at about the 3 minute mark.

JMO but this is a "must watch" ...

Are you saying what Jeff Pearcy said about Mark Pearcy's knowledge of the video, is a must watch? I missed what is compelling about his answer, other than he said he doesn't believe Mark knows and is innocent, and he doesn't think a video exists. Do you mean something else JP says about MP?

Are you saying what Jeff Pearcy said about Mark Pearcy's knowledge of the video, is a must watch? I missed what is compelling about his answer, other than he said he doesn't believe Mark knows and is innocent, and he doesn't think a video exists. Do you mean something else JP says about MP?

Link to JP Interview:

http://www.wkrn.com/category/175880/video-landing-page?clipId=10280899&autostart=true

The Judge told JP NOT to have contact with anyone regarding this case ... but yet JP holds a Presser at an attorney's office ...

So considering the fact that JP has on an "ankle monitor" -- which would show his every movement -- he decides that the ONLY way he can send a message that he did NOT give LE any information is to talk to the Media, which is all over this case.

JMO but this was JP's signal to "someone" that he did not say anything to LE when he was in jail waiting his arraignment.

Clever, isn't it ? Just like JA when he held his Presser from the jailhouse, which IMO was to send a message to someone out there.

Again JMO, but I do not believe JP is credible ... he deflects and skirts around the answers.

When JP is questioned by the reporter about his half-brother, MP's involvement and IF he is guilty:

FIRST, JP states he is not so sure there is a video ...

THEN, JP responds about Mark: that he really does not think he's involved ...

AND THEN, JP states he believes Mark is innocent ...

So ... he is "not so sure" and he "does not think" ... weak, IMO.

All :moo: and :twocents:

34893_popup.jpg

http://roswellboutique.wordans.com/...sfiles/images/2010/5/27/34893/34893_popup.jpg

We are going to have a forum software upgrade very soon. The forum will look very different. Follow the "forum" tab on the new site and you'll be able to find your way again. If there are delays in access to the forum, I will write about them on my Twitter.

We will be making forum decor changes after the upgrade, but it's going to look pretty strange before we have the time to make those changes happen. Excuse our dust ~ but most of all, enjoy the new digs!!!

I get the impression he knows next to nothing and he is not a member of the crowd I have come to associate with this crime.

I think he suspects or has hearsay type 2nd or 3rd hand knowledge of something that has caused him to suspect his half brother, Mark's, involvement in this crime.

I also believe him when he says the crowd being associated in this crime is one he has avoided (including his half brother) getting too involved with because as he stated - the best way to stay out of trouble is not to be around it.

MOO Whatever knowledge he has is sketchy and hearsay at best.

I tend to find he presents himself well in this interview. I know many will possibly disagree with me but that is my impression of him in the interview.

It's interesting that he's a master jeweler. Weren't there stolen pearls somewhere in this story?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SaltPetals