Holly Bobo, missing from TN 2014 discussion #5 ***ARRESTS***

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not sure what's being discussed. Help me out. I'm lost. Has the defense brought forth an insanity defense instead of denying they did it? TIA

Hi reedus !

No "insanity defense" -- yet ...

So far, all we know is:

- ZA pleaded "not guilty"

- JA pleaded "not guilty"

- MP pleaded "not guilty"

- JP pleaded "not guilty"

- No news on the "immunity deal" for SA

I hope this helps !

:seeya:

Somewhat O/T:

Bobo case front and center in Decatur Co. sheriff race

Posted: Aug 06, 2014 7:07 PM EDT
Updated: Aug 06, 2014 9:13 PM EDT
Reported by Carley Gordon

DECATURVILLE, TN (WSMV) -
The murder case of nursing student Holly Bobo is one of the main political platforms in this year's Decatur County sheriff's race.

Both candidates, Pat Dabbs and Keith Byrd, talked about how they have helped the case from the very beginning.

Read more at ....

http://www.wsmv.com/story/26217313/bobo-case-front-and-center-in-decatur-co-sheriff-race

The article is a couple of days old. I think the election was supposed to be yesterday, but I can't find any updates. Does anyone know who won the sheriff's race?

From WSMV:

New 24th District DA inherits Bobo case, meth problem

Stowe now inherits the Holly Bobo case and a huge meth problem.

Now, Stowe takes over five counties, as well as the Bobo murder case. He said he is ready to review the files immediately.

"I'm going to make sure we bring to justice the people committing crimes in that case," he said.

http://www.wsmv.com/story/26236745/new-24th-district-da-inherits-bobo-case-meth-problem

Somewhat O/T:

Bobo case front and center in Decatur Co. sheriff race

Posted: Aug 06, 2014 7:07 PM EDT
Updated: Aug 06, 2014 9:13 PM EDT
Reported by Carley Gordon

Read more at ....

http://www.wsmv.com/story/26217313/bobo-case-front-and-center-in-decatur-co-sheriff-race

The article is a couple of days old. I think the election was supposed to be yesterday, but I can't find any updates. Does anyone know who won the sheriff's race?

:seeya: Hi Indy Anna !

I just saw an update on WSMV and posted the link.

There is a new DA in town.

I hope this helps.

ETA: The link I posted is for the DA -- I see you were looking for the Sheriff's race. I will see what I can find !

Sorry about that !

It saddens me that Holly's murder is or has become a political issue. I don't know what the solution is, but some things really shouldn't be politicized, imo.

It saddens me that Holly's murder is or has become a political issue. I don't know what the solution is, but some things really shouldn't be politicized, imo.
What saddens me the most is that the main issues should have been addressed long before an election. :(

What saddens me the most is that the main issues should have been addressed long before an election. :(

Sure; but there has never been a political regime anywhere or at any point in human history that has been able to prevent murder. Nor has there been a law or punishment that works (e.g., the death penalty correlates with higher rather than lower murder rates). So I'm not trying to argue here; I just think that it's a tragedy that something like this is politicized.

Guess, District Attorney General Hansel McCadams, will now have to buy his own helicopter to commute to away football games..

District Attorney General Hansel McCadams

http://www.comptroller.tn.gov/repos...resStolenAndMisusedIn24thJudicialDistrict.pdf

State of Tennessee
Justin P. Wilson, State Comptroller
For Immediate Release: Aug. 17, 2011
Items from Drug Seizures Stolen and Misused in 24th
Judicial District

Aug 17, 2011 - District Attorney General Hansel McCadams occasionally used equipment confiscated by the Drug Task Force, including a BMW Z-3, Motorcycle, Golf Cart, 4-wheeler, and a trailer for his personal use... He also flew on Drug Task Force airplanes and a helicopter for purposes that were not related to official Task Force business. He maintained a handgun, two assault rifles, three heat-imaging devices and a projector from the Drug Task Force at his personal residence....

A group of jail trustees on a work detail had access to seized items without sufficient supervision.
<sniped - Read More>

Indy,

I found this on WSMV regarding the Sheriff's race in DC:

Decatur County: Decatur Sheriff

100% OF PRECINCTS REPORTING

Keith Byrd (R) 2299 61%

Pat Dabbs (D) 1473 39%

There is a link with the election results at:

http://www.wsmv.com/category/249764/election-returns

Thanx for sharing, dog.gone.cute. Virtually all incumbents in Decatur County, TN were put out to pasture.. I am very proud of the citizens of Decatur County, TN for sending a very loud and clear message to their elected officals... Salute!

At this point I believe residents of DC were more voting who they didn't want more than who they did. It has been mentioned earlier how there should not be any politics involved in Holly's case. I agree without a doubt. However, Holly and her case hopefully has brought awareness to the County, the State of TN and the US that we don't give up. Just because the status quo might question who we are as people, we still find that there are Holly's that make us take pause. Maybe it took Holly to make the people of Decatur County to wake up to the criminals who had committed crimes by the dozens, and reduced them to mere misdemeanors in order to do it all over again. She lost her life at the expense of TN judicial system, IMO

JMO's

At this point I believe residents of DC were more voting who they didn't want more than who they did. It has been mentioned earlier how there should not be any politics involved in Holly's case. I agree without a doubt. However, Holly and her case hopefully has brought awareness to the County, the State of TN and the US that we don't give up. Just because the status quo might question who we are as people, we still find that there are Holly's that make us take pause. Maybe it took Holly to make the people of Decatur County to wake up to the criminals who had committed crimes by the dozens, and reduced them to mere misdemeanors in order to do it all over again. She lost her life at the expense of TN judicial system, IMO

JMO's

Sure; but there has never been a political regime anywhere or at any point in human history that has been able to prevent murder. Nor has there been a law or punishment that works (e.g., the death penalty correlates with higher rather than lower murder rates). So I'm not trying to argue here; I just think that it's a tragedy that something like this is politicized.

Montjoy, I can't remember an executed convicted murderer that went on to murder another innocent human being..
'Political language... is designed to make lies sound truthful and murder respectable, and to give an appearance of solidity to pure wind'. George Orwell quote..

Montjoy, I can't remember an executed convicted murderer that went on to murder another innocent human being.

'Political language... is designed to make lies sound truthful and murder respectable, and to give an appearance of solidity to pure wind'. George Orwell quote..

Besides the fact that it prevents the murderer from doing it again, the death penalty when properly applied is also simply a matter of proportional fairness.

As Ron White puts it, "I'm from Texas and in Texas we have the death penalty and we use it. That's right, if you come to Texas and kill somebody, we will kill you back. That's our policy."

Maybe it took Holly to make the people of Decatur County to wake up to the criminals who had committed crimes by the dozens, and reduced them to mere misdemeanors in order to do it all over again. She lost her life at the expense of TN judicial system, IMO

Insulting comments like that just show a lack of knowledge of the criminal justice system, the people of Decatur County and the commitment of law enforcement officers across the state.

I don't have time to slowly go through, step by step, the procedure through the court system that all persons convicted of a crime in Tennessee go through. Tennessee has some of the strictest laws in the south about criminal procedure and the punishment of those found guilty. The state legislature draws up laws in committees and passes them in a yea of nay vote. The governor signs this legislation, Law enforcement enforces these laws and the judicial systems hands out punishment.

All of this is guided by one principle-that everyone is treated in the same fashion and the punishments are consistent.

Your opinion-which seems to be guided by the principles of Feudalism in the 12th century-thankfully is not a part of this system. The supreme court tells states like Tennessee that they can only have X amount of persons in a correctional facility and they are not to exceed those limits. That forces the system to only incarcerate persons that are a danger to society for their full terms. Others are given chances with alternative sentencing that hopefully will steer them away from criminal activity. Unfortunately this is rarely the case as the more one becomes institutionalized-the less fear they have of being locked up so, therefore, they abuse the system.

Of the two men being held on capital charges there is not a single instance of judgement being delivered upon them that are outside the sentencing guidelines set up by the legislature.

The system is not perfect, in someways it is flawed by definition, in other ways it is flawed monetarily, so injustice occurs.

It is still based on the principal that all are created equal.

She lost her life at the expense of TN judicial system

How would you know that when it is not known if she lost her life at all. Stranger thing have happened before so try to learn not to pass judgement on things you know nothing about.

That would make the people of Decatur county the happiest.

JMO's

Insulting comments like that just show a lack of knowledge of the criminal justice system, the people of Decatur County and the commitment of law enforcement officers across the state.

I don't have time to slowly go through, step by step, the procedure through the court system that all persons convicted of a crime in Tennessee go through. Tennessee has some of the strictest laws in the south about criminal procedure and the punishment of those found guilty. The state legislature draws up laws in committees and passes them in a yea of nay vote. The governor signs this legislation, Law enforcement enforces these laws and the judicial systems hands out punishment.

All of this is guided by one principle-that everyone is treated in the same fashion and the punishments are consistent.

Your opinion-which seems to be guided by the principles of Feudalism in the 12th century-thankfully is not a part of this system. The supreme court tells states like Tennessee that they can only have X amount of persons in a correctional facility and they are not to exceed those limits. That forces the system to only incarcerate persons that are a danger to society for their full terms. Others are given chances with alternative sentencing that hopefully will steer them away from criminal activity. Unfortunately this is rarely the case as the more one becomes institutionalized-the less fear they have of being locked up so, therefore, they abuse the system.

Of the two men being held on capital charges there is not a single instance of judgement being delivered upon them that are outside the sentencing guidelines set up by the legislature.

The system is not perfect, in someways it is flawed by definition, in other ways it is flawed monetarily, so injustice occurs.

It is still based on the principal that all are created equal.

How would you know that when it is not known if she lost her life at all. Stranger thing have happened before so try to learn not to pass judgement on things you know nothing about.

That would make the people of Decatur county the happiest.
RE: QUOTE=spooky24; Insulting comments like that just show a lack of knowledge of the criminal justice system, the people of Decatur County and the commitment of law enforcement officers across the state.

spooky24, imo jggordo's comment hits the nail on the head as it relates to the Holly Bobo abduction/murder.. Insulting comments like yours show a tremendous lack of knowledge in this case. Over the past three years of info learned by those of us that have been sleuthing the case since Holly Bobo's abduction/murder on 04/13/2011. The state of Public Safety and the dysfunction of the TN Justice system should be obvious to most reasonable thinking people...JMO

RE: That would make the people of Decatur county the happiest.

I think that the people of Decatur County, TN are capable of speaking for themselves. Their votes in yesterday's elections speaks volumes...

spooky24, I respect your opinion but am not insulted by it. Nor did I intend to insult you or any residents of Decatur County. We at WS do disagree on opinions from time to time. But we normally do it with respect and with non-inflammatory language. And at times agree to disagree.

I believe that if one is to look at all of the arrests (over 20) just for Zach Adams alone, and how many felonies were reduced to misdemeanors it clearly demonstrates how the judicial system did not work the way it is intended. All the committees, and yea votes for laws certainly provided guidelines to prevent a predator like him to do no harm, as he has been a threat to society hasn't he? And this is just one of the two being held now.

After reviewing both arrest records and seeing how many plea deals were made over the years, and how many felonies reduced to misdemeanors it is my opinion that the system failed. The District Attorney, Prosecutors, Judges and Parole Officers did NOT use the guidelines set forth to protect it's citizens. To me it does not take a Civics lesson to surmise that these fools should have been incarcerated to prevent Holly's abduction and murder. She should have been able to go on to school that day and pass her exam.

JMO's

spooky24, I respect your opinion but am not insulted by it. Nor did I intend to insult you or any residents of Decatur County. We at WS do disagree on opinions from time to time. But we normally do it with respect and with non-inflammatory language. And at times agree to disagree.

I believe that if one is to look at all of the arrests (over 20) just for Zach Adams alone, and how many felonies were reduced to misdemeanors it clearly demonstrates how the judicial system did not work the way it is intended. All the committees, and yea votes for laws certainly provided guidelines to prevent a predator like him to do no harm, as he has been a threat to society hasn't he? And this is just one of the two being held now.

After reviewing both arrest records and seeing how many plea deals were made over the years, and how many felonies reduced to misdemeanors it is my opinion that the system failed. The District Attorney, Prosecutors, Judges and Parole Officers did NOT use the guidelines set forth to protect it's citizens. To me it does not take a Civics lesson to surmise that these fools should have been incarcerated to prevent Holly's abduction and murder. She should have been able to go on to school that day and pass her exam.

JMO's
Well said! So true, and so sad what you said:
She should have been able to go on to school that day and pass her exam.
The system truly failed her.

JMO's
I agree and it's not rocket science to know that if someone is prone to crime, they will continue to be a criminal! They have to be stopped or it's on and on. This was the case with Adams. It's not only TN, but all over. How many times has anyone said "If this person had been punished properly, or if they had been given the right sentence, the victim would be alive"? A judge has a duty to protect and a prosecutor has a duty to bring it all out. The ones who failed Holly, need to be ratted out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pizzaguy