Holly Bobo, missing from TN 2014 discussion #5 ***ARRESTS***

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
My opinions only, no facts here:

There is not a "complete lack of knowledge" in the Holly Bobo case my good friend, even concerning the more recent details about the discovery of Holly's remains. For example, I have a detailed +3 year timeline, begun just after the abduction and presented on Websleuths earlier in 2014, and this involves the simplification of thousands of sources of info.

My friend, the topic you raised was about whether we could figure out what happened at the remains site based on what was found at the remains site, and as I noted accurately, there is indeed almost a complete lack of knowledge about any of the details about the remains site. It's a fallacy in reasoning to believe that you can take what you do not know (at the remains site) and somehow make it speak truth, without knowing virtually anything of what it has said.

In essence, at best you bring to the remains site the assumptions you started with, about the disposal of the body, and other than an absolute confirmation of the fact that HB is deceased, you can only end up with pretty much the same assumptions you began with. The remains site may have told LE a ton, and told a very detailed story to them, but since we know virtually none of the precise details of what they discovered, it hasn't spoken to us.

What is your particular theory about the discovery and location of Holly Bobo's remains and/or the overall criminal case?

At this point, I'm still waiting for your answer to one question asked you repeatedly recently about one of your declarations, in which you essentially said "I'll tell you what I'm thinking soon" and then simply avoided answering thereafter when "soon" came and went.

I received an email from WKRN producer and MP's next court date is Oct. 10th, next Friday.

:seeya: THANK YOU, Dr. Know !

I will add it on the Court Case Thread !
Thanks!

I must have missed :thinking: that earlier a MNS mentioned the possibility that Mark Lynne Pearcy was actually in the 'video' in question. MOO

I certainly am anxious for Mark Lynn Pearcy to appear at a hearing at the Decatur Sessions Court. Does any one have any idea if after his Oct 10th appearance in Federal Court 'then';the Feds protocol might allow him to appear at Holly's hearing?

Authorities Not Commenting On Possible New Holly Bobo Evidence

Jun 9, 2014 LEXINGTON, Tenn. - Officials with the Tennessee Bureau of Investigation are not commenting on the possible existence of a video that could possible be connected to the kidnapping of nursing student Holly Bobo.
Court documents obtained by NewsChannel 5 from Henderson County showed that on May 29, Jeffrey Kurt Pearcy was arrested and charged with Tampering with Evidence and Accessory After the Fact.
The affidavit said that Jeffrey Pearcy has a video on an electronic device, "that will prove to be beneficial in the prosecution of a current on-going investigation being conducted by the Tennessee Bureau of Investigation."
On Monday, Officials would not say to which case that video was connected.
Jeffrey Kurt Pearcy was currently being held in Henderson County without bond.
NewsChannel 5 also obtained court documents from Decatur County, which suggested another man, Mark Lynn Pearcy, may have also appeared in that video.
http://www.jrn.com/newschannel5/news/262451361.html?lc=Tablet

The Oct. 10th court date is for his tampering & accy' charge, not federal gun charges. At least that's what I understood the reporter who emailed me to have said in her reply to me.

Does anyone remember this tweet from a reporter from WKRNTV back on Sept 9,2014. Does anyone know if anything has been released in MNS(LE trashed the team who created the cell phone map SO the reporter is NOT talking about the discredited team,I'm so confused) :thinking:about'searchers-targeting' "cell phone pings" specifically or otherwise in relation to the cell phone tower?

Joseph Pleasant
@JPleasantwkrntv
Searchers had tried to search the area after cell phone pings came in around the cell phone tower. #justiceforholly
11:02am - 9 Sep 2014

Does anyone remember this tweet from a reporter from WKRNTV back on Sept 9,2014. Does anyone know if anything has been released in MNS (after LE harsh words he would not be talking about the discredited team) :thinking:about'searchers-targeting' "cell phone pings" specifically or otherwise in relation to the cell phone tower?

Joseph Pleasant
@JPleasantwkrntv
Searchers had tried to search the area after cell phone pings came in around the cell phone tower. #justiceforholly

1 What is "MNS"?
2 The "ping" trail was a completely bogus invention designed to create attention for a lagging case, create attention for a story during media sweeps week, and to motivate searching. The "detectives" kinda made it all up. Whether the cell phone provided any useful evidence for LE is simply one more thing that's unknown to anyone except LE and the defendants.
3 LE hasn't really taken questions on the evidence they have or don't have, and from what they've said, they don't intend to.

1)My Bluetooth keyboard keys stick so MNS=MSN :doorhide:

2)Steve,thank-you for making my point. Yes,but it is another inconsistency(inaccuracy) which does appear 'peculiar' or 'curious' to me.Now,that is my opinion. :smile: :moo:
3)Agree

1 What is MSN? Microsoft network or msn.com is where I know those letters, but I don't know how they (or that acronym) pertains to this case
2 What do you find so "peculiar" about either the desire of the family of a missing person to (by any means possible) get people to remember their lost relative and search for them, or a desire by a TV station to get better ratings? I wouldn't have done it that way, but it makes sense to me that they did.
3 What did you agree with? That LE said they aren't going to answer questions?

At this point, I'm still waiting for your answer to one question asked you repeatedly recently about one of your declarations, in which you essentially said "I'll tell you what I'm thinking soon" and then simply avoided answering thereafter when "soon" came and went.

If you check, I explained at that time, that I was waiting for the Discovery process to play out. I expected that with the transfer of all evidence to the Defense, there would be some significant developments in the Holly Bobo case. With the recent location of Holly's remains and yet another arrest since then (and more arrests promised), the status of Discovery is up in the air. The outcome of the Discovery process is important to me, because this is when the Defense lawyers may start talking about their clients. At that point in time, if all those charged continue with a not-guilty claim, trust me, something is afoot.

Having said that, I HAVE been working on PART III of my evaluation of the case ("the Gooch Road evidence"). For those of you who have not seen the preceeding PART I and PART II posts, they are at “Holly Bobo missing from TN discussion thread” *Arrests* #5, post no. 571 and at “Holly Bobo missing from TN discussion thread” *Arrests* #5, post no. 582.

Sleuth On!

My friend, the topic you raised was about whether we could figure out what happened at the remains site based on what was found at the remains site, and as I noted accurately, there is indeed almost a complete lack of knowledge about any of the details about the remains site. It's a fallacy in reasoning to believe that you can take what you do not know (at the remains site) and somehow make it speak truth, without knowing virtually anything of what it has said.

In essence, at best you bring to the remains site the assumptions you started with, about the disposal of the body, and other than an absolute confirmation of the fact that HB is deceased, you can only end up with pretty much the same assumptions you began with. The remains site may have told LE a ton, and told a very detailed story to them, but since we know virtually none of the precise details of what they discovered, it hasn't spoken to us.

For the record, all of the scenarios in the post you refer to (#1236, above) are based upon just three details, all of which we already know with modest certainty:

The remains belong to Holly Bobo.
The remains were at-surface.
There was a 2-gallon plastic bucket nearby.

That is the only information required to show the six scenarios. And note that my sixth scenario is that we do not have the correct information about the discovery of the remains!

If one of these scenarios is not approximately correct, I am at a loss to think up another one.

Sleuth On!

Does anyone remember this tweet from a reporter from WKRNTV back on Sept 9,2014. Does anyone know if anything has been released in MNS(LE trashed the team who created the cell phone map SO the reporter is NOT talking about the discredited team,I'm so confused) :thinking:about'searchers-targeting' "cell phone pings" specifically or otherwise in relation to the cell phone tower?

Joseph Pleasant
@JPleasantwkrntv

1 What is "MNS"?
2 The "ping" trail was a completely bogus invention designed to create attention for a lagging case, create attention for a story during media sweeps week, and to motivate searching. The "detectives" kinda made it all up. Whether the cell phone provided any useful evidence for LE is simply one more thing that's unknown to anyone except LE and the defendants.
3 LE hasn't really taken questions on the evidence they have or don't have, and from what they've said, they don't intend to.

1)My Bluetooth keyboard keys stick so MNS=MSN :doorhide:

2)Steve,thank-you for making my point. Yes,but it is another inconsistency(inaccuracy) which does appear 'peculiar' or 'curious' to me.Now,that is my opinion. :smile: :moo:
3)Agree

1) Major News Source :tos:
2)In my top 1st post. My question is"What" MNS is the reporter referencing in his 'ping map' (red highlight)search tweet? The only ping map I remember is the one by the private investigators discredited by LE." :deadhorse:So yes,it was inaccurate as you posted and yes I do think it 'curious' that it was stated as a fact in his WKRNTV tweet.
Steve,please be assured there has been no critism on Webseluths of Holly's family hiring a PI.
3)I'm just an agreeable person :smile: So hopefully I have answered your questions. If not then I am so muddled take pity :therethere:

all of of which is my opinion only

"Searchers had tried to search the area after cell phone pings came in around the cell phone tower. #justiceforholly
11:02am - 9 Sep 2014"

Keep in mind that the above is the "140 characters or less" version of what the reporter wanted to say, so in such limited space there's no room to go into a long elaboration of the whole history.

My understanding is that the "cell ping map," although bogus, did incite people to want to search various places as a result, and it sounds to me like his point is that the general vicinity of the cell tower was one place some looked, or intended to look, in the wake of that bogus info.

And I seem to recall some story at one point saying LE had minimized or eliminated some of the searches that were being planned using that bogus cell ping map.

"Searchers had tried to search the area after cell phone pings came in around the cell phone tower. #justiceforholly

Keep in mind that the above is the "140 characters or less" version of what the reporter wanted to say, so in such limited space there's no room to go into a long elaboration of the whole history.

My understanding is that the "cell ping map," although bogus, did incite people to want to search various places as a result, and it sounds to me like his point is that the general vicinity of the cell tower was one place some looked, or intended to look, in the wake of that bogus info.

And I seem to recall some story at one point saying LE had minimized or eliminated some of the searches that were being planned using that bogus cell ping map.

I was skeptical early-on about the "ping map", as reflected in my Holly Bobo case timeline. Yet the northernmost part of the 'ping map' route is VERY close to where Holly's remains were found. Was this blind luck or serendipity? I freely admit here that while I believed that the remains were somewhere north of Holly's home, this specific location was not my principal choice for the location of the remains (of course the remains could have been removed and relocated). The remains are further north than I expected.

Very puzzling. At least to me.

Sleuth On!

My understanding is that the "cell ping map," although bogus, did incite people to want to search various places as a result, and it sounds to me like his point is that the general vicinity of the cell tower was one place some wanted to look, in the wake of that bogus info.

<snipped>
Joseph Pleasant
@JPleasantwkrntv

I was skeptical early-on about the "ping map", as reflected in my Holly Bobo case timeline. Yet the northernmost part of the 'ping map' route is VERY close to where Holly's remains were found. Was this blind luck or serendipity? I freely admit here that while I believed that the remains were somewhere north of Holly's home, this specific location was not my principal choice for the location of the remains (of course the remains could have been removed and relocated). The remains are further north than I expected.

Very puzzling. At least to me.

Sleuth On!

Mr.Noatak!
Because of your post I went back to early September and reread some of Sheriff Keith Byrds comments. I too was puzzled,I thought I may had missed a reference to pings.

I found two MNS plus another reporters tweet but I will only post the AP story.Sheriff Byrds reference to pings are highlighted in red.

Associated Press
Sheriff, slain Tenn. woman's family address media

By ADRIAN SAINZ

Sep. 9, 2014 9:53 PM EDT

Link
http://bigstory.ap.org/article/police-remains-are-those-missing-tenn-woman

<snipped>
Byrd said he did not know how long the remains had been there. Forensic teams were investigating.

Byrd referred to the cellphone signals being followed by law enforcement as "pings."
"To my knowledge, no information besides the pings ever came in for that particular area," Byrd said. "Practically everything within a 20-, 25-mile radius was searched at one time or another."

I was skeptical early-on about the "ping map", as reflected in my Holly Bobo case timeline. Yet the northernmost part of the 'ping map' route is VERY close to where Holly's remains were found. Was this blind luck or serendipity?

The bogus map had nothing to do with the discovery of the remains, so its relation to that discovery was "irrelevant" rather than any type of good fortune for anyone.

In order for it to be related, you have to first accept as valid a map that all parties admitted was bogus. Then you have to cherry-pick the bogus map to select certain parts that you want to use to link to what you later want to link to, while rejecting the rest of the map that doesn't fit. And finally you have to blow past the fact that the only way you can link that "map" to her remains being found there 3 years later, is to theorize that she was killed and left there that day - except that no one thinks that, and the bogus "ping route" doesn't show a stop there.

Logically, it can be nothing but a coincidence. And that makes sense, given that the bogus map route went all over the northern half of Decatur County, ensuring that if she was eventually found somewhere in that entire area then the ping map would have passed somewhere near whatever that place was.

If you check, I explained at that time, that I was waiting for the Discovery process to play out. I expected that with the transfer of all evidence to the Defense, there would be some significant developments in the Holly Bobo case. With the recent location of Holly's remains and yet another arrest since then (and more arrests promised), the status of Discovery is up in the air. The outcome of the Discovery process is important to me, because this is when the Defense lawyers may start talking about their clients. At that point in time, if all those charged continue with a not-guilty claim, trust me, something is afoot.

Back in August (!), in one of your "weighty thoughts" posts, you concluded that this all meant there is one person they should talk with, and one place they should look.

Who? And where? The question was asked immediately.

Since then, you've done a lengthy dance to avoid the simple answer (if you have one, that is, which I am beginning to wonder). The simple truth is this: Nothing that could possibly happen in the case would keep you from clarifying who and where you were thinking of in August, when you made this declaration to us. It's a simple question, a simple answer, and excuses.

The idea that we should wait until all the planets align before you reply to something you made a big deal out of? It's humorous.

Back in August (!), in one of your "weighty thoughts" posts, you concluded that this all meant there is one person they should talk with, and one place they should look.

Who? And where? The question was asked immediately.

Since then, you've done a lengthy dance to avoid the simple answer (if you have one, that is, which I am beginning to wonder). The simple truth is this: Nothing that could possibly happen in the case would keep you from clarifying who and where you were thinking of in August, when you made this declaration to us. It's a simple question, a simple answer, and excuses.

The idea that we should wait until all the planets align before you reply to something you made a big deal out of? It's humorous.

First, everything I previously said about the process of Discovery is VERY important to me, concerning my final interpretations of the Holly Bobo case. It is not a ruse or a delaying tactic. But that is neither here nor there, and I have explained this in more than one previous post.

You know, I have had at least a few "weighty thoughts" in my lifetime (your term about me) with my 30 peer-reviewed scientific publications (many worldwide) over three decades (with one national writing award) and around a thousand private technical papers and reports ("It's humorous" as you say)......But in a way, your hunches about me are still right, my career was built on developing interpretations/theories/hypotheses from a foundation of unassailable facts. In the Holly Bobo case, we may lack ANY unassailable facts because we are trapped between the ambiguities of the authorities and the rumors and myths of the internet. This is akin to the Rubaiyat, where Omar stands between the "desert" and the "sown". I published a piece of poetry once, but for the life of me, I cannot remember where. I only WISH I had written the Rubaiyat (if you are interested in the Rubaiyat, just read the 5th edition of the translation). But if you think for even a moment that actually publishing a single scientific paper is easy-peasy, just wait until you face the two or three reviewers (think about starving great white sharks) and the editor (think about god). Just saying. This also explains why I take no offense from your criticisms; I have heard greater criticism from reviewers who ACCEPTED my scientific paper for publication!!? The publishing world is most certainly a testing ground for resolve. But I align myself more closely with Mr. Spock: "you proceed from the wrong assumption; I have no ego to bruise".

You are understandably cynical and skeptical here, if not a tad acerbic (LOL-NOT: Laugh Out Loud, No Offense Taken) in your post to me, because you are frustrated like all of us here about the whole state of affairs. The authorities have barely given us crumbs about what they know. There are a zillion charged suspects (with more to come) and the criminal trials are way out there in the future somewhere, if ever. Further compounding the difficulties, this thread encompasses both factual posters who report news events and the like, AND theorists like me who deal in opinions. It is difficult to encompass both philosophical camps of thought on the same thread. There will naturally be some skirmishes. You are more interested in the substantial facts of the case and I am a theorist who immediately uses or abuses these facts to generate hypotheses. If there were a separate Holly Bobo site for theoretical investigations, I doubt that you would even be aware of me (except maybe for my timeline).

It is not just very touchy and delicate to directly bring up the name of a person as a hypothetical suspect who is not yet officially identified as a suspect, it is explicitly FORBIDDEN by Websleuths! Read their terms!! I assumed that all readers of this thread would immediately understand (from my 'one-place, one-person' statement) that while I cannot directly name a new "suspect" on Websleuths, I would explain my interpretations of the case well-enough that they could figure it out to their own level of satisfaction. So, I am telling my story, one part at a time (PART III yet to come), so the sleuthers here can try to identify a kidnapper that they are satisfied with. I have used this strategy on the Maura Murray case and the Jamison Family case for years (with a few complaints from fellow posters), but I prefer to believe that a few posters on those threads also now have a better view of who the actual perpetrator is in those two respective cases. I wrote the timeline for the McStay Family case, but have never been able to narrow that case down a specific perpetrator (this is possibly more complicated than the Holly Bobo case!). The Michelle Parker case is different. I wrote the timeline for that case too. Posters there were generally "hip" about the possible perpetrators from the beginning. So, there was nothing for me to relay to them in that regard. But about the location of the remains in that case.....that is another story that I may revisit soon, elsewhere.

OK, I have said all of this, and I hope that you now understand that I do not wish to be kicked off Websleuths for violating their policies. Here is what I can tell you now that is compliant with Websleuths' policies: there are two men of interest to me who ARE NOT named by officials as suspects or POI's and who likely fit Holly's brother's description of the kidnapper (about 5'10" and 200 pounds) and who could realistically possess sensible motives (and I favor one of them over the other). Some here may have heard of one of these men, and the other man may be unknown to most of you. I have the exact height and weight of one of them, but only an estimate of the second man's height and weight. I have researched both men; one has no? criminal record but an explosive personality and the other has a relevant criminal record and no personality. I tend to favor the man with the relevant criminal record. OK, now, about the "place". I explained this in an above post, but will expand on that here. I have posts going way-back on Websleuths about the burial site. I was torn between two locations north of Holly Bobo's home. At the time I made my (now infamous?! 'one-place, one-person' statement'), I favored a location near-to the settlement of Bible Hill. We now know that Holly's remains were ultimately discovered further north than this (but could have been moved, I suppose). My PART III post (The Gooch Road evidence) should help clarify some aspects that I have discussed here. The draft for that post is completed, but I am still editing it for clarity and reviewing the attachment. Old publishing habits die hard, and I admit to spending as much time on a Websleuths' post as if it had to meet publications requirements! (Think about circling and starving great white sharks with God standing in the background with a pronounced frown. That is the scientific publishing world. Try it out sometime, but only if you lack an ego, like Mr. Spock).

Sleuth On!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member