Holly Bobo, missing from TN 2014 discussion #5 ***ARRESTS***

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks dog.gone.cute for your post.

I e-mailed Andy Cordan at WKRN this morning. I asked him for any information he has OR if he could provide a Link to where I could find the court information for Mark Lynn Pearcy. I explained I post at Websleuths and I am not local to the Nashville area. I added Dr. Know had communicated with someone at his newsroom on the Oct 10,2014 court appearance. I told him any help would be appreciated. I have not received an answer as of yet.

If if any one is interested his e-mail is:
acordan@wkrn.com

:seeya: Thank You !

I just checked again and nothing on today's hearing ... but I'll check back later.

:bump: Bumping Dr. Know's post about MP's court date, which is today.

I checked the major news outlets and I cannot find anything about today's court date.

PLEASE post if you see anything !

:tyou:
P.S. dog.gone.gone,
I haven't heard back yet from the WKRN newsroom.

:confused: How many times has this been rescheduled?
Mark Pearcy's ppearance in Federal Courthouse today in Jackson has been rescheduled for Oct 24th.

http://jacksonsun.com/story/news/sp.../10/mark-pearcy-hearing-rescheduled/17034683/

Mark Pearcy hearing rescheduled

A Friday federal court hearing scheduled for a Decatur County man charged in relation to Holly Bobo's disappearance has been reset.
Mark Lynn Pearcy appeared in the United States Federal Courthouse in Jackson today for a hearing on federal gun charges. Pearcy is in federal custody in Jackson, after he was indicted by a federal grand jury on June 16 on two charges of illegal firearm possession.
Pearcy's hearing has been reset for Oct. 24 at 11:30 a.m., according to a court official.
<snipped>
In the Bobo case, Pearcy has been charged with tampering with evidence and accessory after the fact.
Investigators have said Pearcy and his brother, Jeffrey Pearcy, have knowledge of a video that could help investigators solve what happened to Bobo after she went missing from her Decatur County home more than three years ago.
The Pearcy brothers haven't turned over the video, investigators have said.
Jeffrey Pearcy has maintained his innocence and has also said his brother is innocent and that they have no knowledge of any video.

:tyou: for the updates on MP's hearing.

Whoa ... I thought this hearing was for Holly's case -- not the federal weapons charges :tantrum:

Snippet from Jackson Sun:

A Friday federal court hearing scheduled for a Decatur County man charged in relation to Holly Bobo's disappearance has been reset.

Mark Lynn Pearcy appeared in the United States Federal Courthouse in Jackson today for a hearing on federal gun charges. Pearcy is in federal custody in Jackson, after he was indicted by a federal grand jury on June 16 on two charges of illegal firearm possession.

http://www.jacksonsun.com/story/new.../10/mark-pearcy-hearing-rescheduled/17034683/

So WHAT happened to the hearing in Decatur County for "accessory after fact" charges in Holly's case ?

Remember what happened on August 18, 2014 ? MP was a "no show" in Decatur County:

From WSMV / Date: August 18, 2014:

But in one of the most high-profile cases in Tennessee, there was confusion in the courtroom.

It seemed both sides were unprepared for Mark Pearcy's hearing Monday in a Decatur County courtroom.

Link: http://www.wsmv.com/story/26307944/continuance-issued-in-case-of-holly-bobo-suspect

WHAT in the world is going on with the Acc After Fact charges ?

I can offer 3 explanations, each of which makes sense - take your pick:
1 LE keeps resetting in the hopes that "by the nexxxxxxxxxxttttttttt time" they will have found the perhaps-mythical video and be able to justify charges.
2 LE is working to, or has been able to, make a plea deal with MP in exchange for testimony against ZA/JA, but they don't want to let the cat out of the bag yet.
3 LE is a bunch of bumbling idiots who can't get their act together.

In other cases, the federal court cases were tried before state charges but don't know if that's the case here. Also, in some, the state charges were dropped for the federal charges. Re: Jeramia Cook, Elizabeth & Lyric's uncle as an example.

Here's the reporter's address that replied to my email at WKRN, in regards to MP's rescheduled court date. AZarach@wkrn.com. Ashley Zarach is her name. She replied pretty fast if that helps.

The other thing to keep in mind is that she would have been aware that her brother was in the house, so all she needed to do is run around screaming and the cavalry would arrive.

But she apparently did not do any of that, so either she knew the attacker and believed he would not injure her or she was deliberately trying to lead him away from the house.

She did scream though. Clint didn't hear it, but the neighbor did. I'm guessing he physically assaulted her or threatened her with a weapon to get her from continuing to do that.

1 LE keeps resetting in the hopes that "by the nexxxxxxxxxxttttttttt time" they will have found the perhaps-mythical video and be able to justify charges.
2 LE is working to, or has been able to, make a plea deal with MP in exchange for testimony against ZA/JA, but they don't want to let the cat out of the bag yet.

This may just be my extensive distrust of law enforcement talking, but I think they're stalling because they haven't found the video.

:bump: Bumping Dr. Know's post about MP's court date, which is today.

I checked the major news outlets and I cannot find anything about today's court date.

PLEASE post if you see anything !

:tyou:

If you read the article at the WKRN link the judge at the Decatur Sessions Courthouse was :gaah: that Mark Pearcy was not in his courtroom. He charged his officers with coordinating with the Feds to get Mark Pearcy at a hearing before him on the "assessory after the fact" charges.MOO

This may just be my extensive distrust of law enforcement talking, but I think they're stalling because they haven't found the video.

As I reread these posts a theory occurred to me. I thought back on the following paragraph:
The I-Team takes a closer look at the suspects in the Holly Bobo Case
(WSMV) Reported by Kimberly Curth
<snipped>
The ATF was already gathering intelligence on the three suspects dating back to 2010 as part of their effort to crack down on violent crime in Decatur and Henderson County.

I then thought about poster Bali and his comment on his 'lack' of trust'. OK,OK,I'm getting to my point;perhaps ATF is sliding the date because there is a 'larger' investigation and they want to keep Mark Pearcy 'protected.' OK,I am going to end this because Its beginning to sound like I am paranoid & a conspiracy nut. :abduction:
MOO

These were also the first scenarios that came to my mind as well. Its all been so quiet on the Pearcy Brothers i wondered if something was going on behind the scenes.
Would one brother roll on the other though? They are only half brothers and reportedly not close.

I just keep thinking that with ZA, JA, MP, JP & DA now, not forgetting SA, that's a lot to coordinate for charges and a trial. Not to mention potentially others involved. It can take forever in some cases for just one defendent, this one has so many with different lawyers, etc... Thoughts are with the Bobo family. So, I wait.

:sigh:

As I reread these posts a theory occurred to me. I thought back on the following paragraph:
The I-Team takes a closer look at the suspects in the Holly Bobo Case
(WSMV) Reported by Kimberly Curth
<snipped>
The ATF was already gathering intelligence on the three suspects dating back to 2010 as part of their effort to crack down on violent crime in Decatur and Henderson County.

I then thought about poster Bali and his comment on his 'lack' of trust'. OK,OK,I'm getting to my point; perhaps ATF is sliding the date because there is a 'larger' investigation and they want to keep Mark Pearcy 'protected.' OK,I am going to end this because Its beginning to sound like I am paranoid & a conspiracy nut. :abduction:
MOO

" perhaps ATF is sliding the date because there is a 'larger' investigation and they want to keep Mark Pearcy 'protected.'"

That is the sort of thing I was alluding to when I noted that one possible explanation is "LE is working to, or has been able to, make a plea deal with MP in exchange for testimony against ZA/JA, but they don't want to let the cat out of the bag yet." As long as MP and others are thought to be "fellow defendants" then the assumption will be that, since they are facing daunting charges and being trashed by LE in the media, then they certainly aren't a threat to blab.

Would one brother roll on the other though? They are only half brothers and reportedly not close.

Noooooooooooo. That's completely on the wrong track.

Relatively speaking, LE doesn't give a rat's fat behind about either of the brothers. So they certainly aren't offering a deal to one to squeal on the other.

What they want is testimony that will help hang JA and ZA. A deal with MP won't be for testimony about whether he believes JP once had a video or not, but rather about what MP might have seen IN PERSON when the video was taken, or perhaps a deal for the video itself, or both.

I just keep thinking that with ZA, JA, MP, JP & DA now, not forgetting SA, that's a lot to coordinate for charges and a trial.

it's easy to focus on the dog-and-pony show being performed, and lose sight of what they are really trying to do.

What LE really wants is to hang JA and ZA for crimes against Holly. They have two REAL defendants here, when it comes to their bottom line.

The others, there's not a single one that they have accused of doing a single thing to HB. Those accusations are of having knowledge, hard evidence, or info - things that would help prove the case against JA and/or ZA - and not giving it to LE. But the point regarding all of the others is to make it easier to hang a death sentence on JA and ZA, and the others are not a biggie (even if LE opts to try to make those others into biggies in their PR-focused statements on this case.)

This is being painted into some sort of huge set of participants, and we've seen nothing that says that. Instead, it's more likely an act by one or two, and then a bunch of after-the-fact bystanders (at the most). It may have all been done by one, who had help from the other at this point or that, and nothing more.

Proving what crimes were done by that one (or perhaps two) against Holly is all that really matters.

A different question is, was there ever a SW on JA's home? If so, when did it occur, and could it have yielded something? If not, doesn't that seem odd?

At this press conference, LE said that search warrants were being served at several locations not just the Adams property. They never said where the other warrants were served. This was at the same time frame of the Adams property search.

Snipped & RBBM:

:seeya:

Steve : Good question. LE has never released whether a SW was obtained for JA's home or whether or not it was searched.

JMO but they probably did issue a SW and search JA's home -- at some point -- the question is was it done simultaneously when ZA's home was first searched back in February ? And if so, JA was in already in jail on federal charges.

Pearl: Correct ... TBI/LE never released WHERE those other warrants were served nor WHOSE property they were severed on during the search of ZA's home back in late February.

Just wondering about the "other warrants" :

Was a SW issued for SA's property ?

Was a SW issued for JP and MP's properties ?

And WHO ELSE were SW issued to that has not been made public ?

:moo:

I'm just being a realist and understand the delays in court proceedings. This SA immunity deal that is off the table is probably being discussed during possibly the additional charges for all of them. Not to exclude anyone.

Thanks Steve but I'll wait. It's a whole lot of people to charge and bring convictions on. Motions upon motions. I'd love to see the court filings & minutes blow by blow, that would be awesome... I could only guess what is going on now & in no way sway opionions. jmo

Steve,

I vote for #4: All of the above !

LOL . . . but seriously, these are ALL possibilities !

:seeya:

During the search on ZA's place they did say they were searching other places with warrants. I don't have a link but they did mention areas and remember the vehicles that were brought in, they said were being brought to the forensic van at ZA's property? I do. gar. There was news about that. hth

During the search on ZA's place they did say they were searching other places with warrants. I don't have a link but they did mention areas and remember the vehicles that were brought in, they said were being brought to the forensic van at ZA's property? I do. gar. There was news about that. hth

:seeya: Hi Dr. Know,

Just jumping off your post here:

I was really surprised that nothing leaked out about those other property searches and whose property was searched when ZA's property was initially searched.

LOL . . . I even read over there to see if anyone was leaking info, but did not see anything -- unless I missed it or it was "removed."

I'm just being a realist and understand the delays in court proceedings. This SA immunity deal that is off the table is probably being discussed during possibly the additional charges for all of them. Not to exclude anyone.

Thanks Steve but I'll wait. It's a whole lot of people to charge and bring convictions on. Motions upon motions. I'd love to see the court filings & minutes blow by blow, that would be awesome... I could only guess what is going on now & in no way sway opionions. jmo

What are you waiting for? While i know you think there's a circus ahead, I think you might be waiting for a whole pile of nothing.

From the first to the most recent, starting with the big to-do over the immunity deal that wasn't (SA) to the charges against the Pearcy bros to the charge against Dylan, I've gotten the idea that we're seeing only part of the story. There's way too much PR and boasting, way too much over-prosecution and attempted intimidation tactics, and all about relatively minor stuff. That makes no sense, except for either the presence of a hidden agenda, or if you have LE that's incompetent or out-of-control.

Only time will tell.

As far as waiting for a case against SA to emerge, if I had to bet, I'd bet your wait will last forever. Remember when LE said they were going to bring charges soon? Obviously that was pure BS, as it's been 6 months with nothing happening.

That's not the only time they've done that, either. Remember when they first said there were others they would soon be charging for the crimes against Holly? That they were going to bring all these Holly-hurting perps to justice, no one can escape, and they were coming for them soon? That was said when they locked up ZA and JA, about 8 months ago, and since then they have charged exactly 0 others with any crimes against Holly.

I wouldn't be surprised that some of this grandstanding is an attempt to keep witnesses alive, by masking impending agreements to testify. But who knows?

In any event, my point is that even though we're seeing nothing now, it doesn't mean activity is being delayed. There may be nothing to see, ever.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member