Holly Bobo, missing from TN 2014 discussion #5 ***ARRESTS***

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, that's going to be interesting.

Regarding using Holly's remains as a 'bargaining chip', I think it's still very much on the table. To our knowledge, only Holly's skull has been found. LE will need the rest of the body, partly for the family to have as much of Holly back as possible but mostly because the rest of her bones could reveal a lot of important information (signs of torture, cause of death, maybe DNA if they're really lucky, etc).

Now that she's been confirmed dead, LE could sit the 'weakest links' down and say "Look, we know conclusively that she's dead and we know you had a part in it, this is your last chance to make a deal with us."

This would be the perfect time because, before, the suspects could maintain that they had no part in it and that we don't even know if Holly's dead. Now that her skull has been found, that could make them panic and go into CYA mode. Namely, giving up the gravesite and details of what happened,in exchange for not spending the rest of their life in prison. If I were one of those suspects sitting in prison right now, that's what I would do. Hell, I think you'd be stupid not to do it.

I don't know which man that would be, though. I think it would probably be one (or both) of the Pearcy brothers, who were charged with being accessories after the fact but apparently didn't partake in the actual murder.

<BBM for Focus>

Imo, investigators have likely found all of HB's remains, imo. We have went through three fall seasons since HB's abduction and was coming up on the fourth leaf fall. HB was likely buried in a shallow grave and unearthed by scavengers or flash flooding, imo. The small bones would have been consumed by scavengers/imo. Sure hope the area is gone over with a fine tooth comb. I would not be surprised what other evidence may be garnered from a thorough k9 search of the area..

Ironically the last post before the news of the skull being located by the ginseng hunters was a discussion of the different crime scene locations involved in abductions, including the body dump location.. Dr Egger's rule of seven...<see below sniped from comment #598>
Just speculation, but imo the area where the remains were located had been previously searched.

Although remains are often overlooked in primary searches imo, this would indicate that the remains may have been relocated from the original dump site to confuse the investigation... This may explain Shayne Kyle Austin's plea agreement misinformation; "immunology agreement" in the Holly Bobo case being nullified by the TBI.. JMO

Dr Egger's 'Rule of Seven'..

"In most instances all the police have is the dumpsite," Egger said. Egger says the other crime scenes are never investigated because of linkage blindness and the fact that law enforcement officials usually treat serial murder as a single homicide. "But if you find out that you're talking about multiple dumpsites in different jurisdictions, then you have a higher possibility of coming up with some trace evidence, particularly in the first kill," Egger said. "The offender brings something to the crime scene, leaves something at the crime scene, and takes something away from the crime scene,"

Egger said when explaining his three part premise of a crime scene and the reason there is not always a lot of trace evidence. "If you have someone who is aware of that, who is careful, and you're only dealing with one dumpsite, and you're treating it as a single homicide, you have no way of managing your suspects," Egger said. Egger says a typical homicide is not difficult to solve because you are simply dealing with people's alibis, and the person without one becomes the prime suspect. However, in a serial murder you do not have that. "All crime is serial in nature," Egger said. "Most criminals, if not caught, will repeat their crime. And if that's true, then you've got to share information."
<sniped - read more>

Do we know where her skull was retrieved? One news report I read said "near her home". I wonder if that means in the woods behind her house.

Praying for strength for the bobo family R.I.P holly

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Do we know where her skull was retrieved? One news report I read said "near her home". I wonder if that means in the woods behind her house.

No, it was about 15 miles (driving distance) N of her home, just N of I-40. There's a dirt road that runs parallel to I-40, called County Corner Rd, and it has some side roads that go north. She was found up a side road/trail maybe a few hundred yards, off in the woods.

The location of that side road seems to be about 1 mile W of the intersection of Bible Hill Rd and County Corner Rd.

Prayers for her family. My heart goes out to them.

Holly Bobo&#8217;s remains found in Decatur County
Holly Bobo&#8217;s remains were found in Decatur County Sunday

Decatur County Sheriff Keith Byrd said hunters found a human skull shortly after 10:30 a.m. Sunday. An odontologist was able to match the teeth with Bobo&#8217;s dental records.

The search scene is in the northern part of the county, about 11 miles from suspect Zachary Adams&#8217;s home. Adams is facing kidnapping and felony murder charges for Bobo&#8217;s death.

Speaking of the defense lawyers....2 questions if anyone knows the answers.
1. If the death penalty is sought, are the current lawyers of JA and ZA death qualified?
2. Can a defense lawyer now request to no longer represent one of the accused?

:seeya: Hi pearl,

Here is a link for ZA's attorney, Fletcher Long's website:

http://fletcherlong.com/attorneys/fletcher-w-long/

Here is a link for ZA's attorney, Jennifer Thompson:

http://iwindivorces.com/

I did not see anything about being DP qualified, but maybe I missed it ?

:)

Well one thing IMO is for sure. This should put the nail in the coffin of SA's immunity deal that has been pending. Once arrested I believe he will be the "weakest link". I am wondering how ZA and JA took the news?

JMO's

I wonder if and when the accused will start turning on each other. If so, it will be vicious.
Unless there is physical evidence directly tying them to Holly's remains, I doubt they will turn. Holly being found 11 miles from Adam's property means little considering Holly's own home is close to where her remains were found as well. They also said remains were not buried. Didn't Adams threaten Dylan to put him "in the hole" next to her? Just sayin'. Dylan has been rumored to be the one who took a deal and gave evidence on Adams and Autry. His statements now have to match where the body was found and the other evidence surrounding the remains. Finding the remains means some peace for Holly's parents, but not sure this means the case against the two in jail got stronger other than the authorities can now prove she's dead.

<BBM for Focus>

Imo, investigators have likely found all of HB's remains, imo. We have went through three fall seasons since HB's abduction and was coming up on the fourth leaf fall. HB was likely buried in a shallow grave and unearthed by scavengers or flash flooding, imo. The small bones would have been consumed by scavengers/imo. Sure hope the area is gone over with a fine tooth comb. I would not be surprised what other evidence may be garnered from a thorough k9 search of the area..

Ironically the last post before the news of the skull being located by the ginseng hunters was a discussion of the different crime scene locations involved in abductions, including the body dump location.. Dr Egger's rule of seven...<see below sniped from comment #598>
Just speculation, but imo the area where the remains were located had been previously searched.

Although remains are often overlooked in primary searches imo, this would indicate that the remains may have been relocated from the original dump site to confuse the investigation... This may explain Shayne Kyle Austin's plea agreement misinformation; "immunology agreement" in the Holly Bobo case being nullified by the TBI.. JMO

Excellent post Foxfire!!! I agree with you 100% on everything. Austin knew the first location but probably had no idea what ZA and JA did after that date. IMO these two are the primary culprits, the plotters and the schemers. The other 4 are just sick accomplices who knew how scary these two men could be, yet hung around for the drugs and whatever other sick activities these "things" did. I fear that is why no one else is talking because even in prison (which ZA and JA have a lot of experience with to say the least) you can get "taken out".
IMO of course....

RIP Holly

Peace, love and healing to her family, and all who loved her.

WKRN &#8207;@WKRN 1h
We'll be live streaming today's news conference with #HollyBobo's family at 1 p.m. at http://www.wkrn.com/live #justiceforholly

WKRN &#8207;@WKRN 29s
FULL VIDEO: TBI news conference says remains found in rural Decatur County are those of #HollyBobo: http://wkrn.tv/1rUXbRq

WKRN &#8207;@WKRN 1m
JUST IN: We're hearing the news conference with #HollyBobo's family has been moved to 12:30; watch live at http://www.wkrn.com/live

When a mod has time, can we get the thread title changed to located deceased and have the human remains discussion rejoin this thread please? Now that the ID has been made and confirmed. Or will there be a separation of Holly's topic into a forum now? We will need a bit of direction at this point on how Holly's case discussion will be structured in light of her remains being found now. Please and thank you to our hard working mods.

If LE can come up with a witness that has been with the perp(s) in that exact same area then that may assist the evidence by proving the perp(s) had prior knowledge of that exact location.

The reason I wonder about this is because I keep asking myself how did the perp(s) know about this exact spot where she was discarded and ...

What was there to "know" about that specific spot? Given the dense woods everywhere in the area, I'm not sure it was special or any different than a million other similar places in the area, just an out-of-the-way site to dispose of a body.

Having lived in that area for so long, I suspect they knew all the various woods, back trails, and so on, and simply picked one fairly remote place out of many.

When a mod has time, can we get the thread title changed to located deceased and have the human remains discussion rejoin this thread please? Now that the ID has been made and confirmed. Or will there be a separation of Holly's topic into a forum now? We will need a bit of direction at this point on how Holly's case discussion will be structured in light of her remains being found now. Please and thank you to our hard working mods.

I was just thinking the same thing, thanks for posting!!

I'm listening to WKRN 11 am news and Neil Orne just said, that times are a bit conflicting 12:30 or 1 but they will jump right in whatever time it starts.
Tears are welling up, thinking about Holly's family.

Unless there is physical evidence directly tying them to Holly's remains, I doubt they will turn. Holly being found 11 miles from Adam's property means little considering Holly's own home is close to where her remains were found as well. They also said remains were not buried. Didn't Adams threaten Dylan to put him "in the hole" next to her? Just sayin'. Dylan has been rumored to be the one who took a deal and gave evidence on Adams and Autry. His statements now have to match where the body was found and the other evidence surrounding the remains. Finding the remains means some peace for Holly's parents, but not sure this means the case against the two in jail got stronger other than the authorities can now prove she's dead.

Agreed, unless some physical or technological evidence ties the arrested men to the remains finding the remains IMO does little to add or detract from whatever case has already been built against those arrested. The threat from Z to D about finding himself in the same hole makes one wonder if perhaps the remains were moved sometime after death.in effort to remove the possiblity of anyone whe knew their original location nailing the rest involved by snitching.

We know that area was searched in the past, but with it being as heavily wooded and vast as it is, the body may have been placed there originally and simply not found during those searches or placed there later. Either in my mind is equally possible.

Third possiblity, the remains were in the general vicinity buried in a shallow grave or placed in a natural crevice, covered by brush or dirt and subsequent rains, time and animal predation uncovered them and scattered them about.

While the location of the remains or the remains themselves may not add to the cases against those being held, it is a comfort to know that she has finally been found and can be honored in death as she was not in her last moments of life.

Jordan Buie &#8207;@JordanBuie 2m
Forensic experts have set up camp where Holly's remains were found #HollyBobo pic.twitter.com/GGsvz5mmaK

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay