Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
WN Twitter:

Will Nunley @willnunley · 5m

The District Attorney is now speaking.

Will Nunley @willnunley · 4m

D.A. The death penalty is still under consideration. The family will assist with decision.

Will Nunley @willnunley · 4m

D.A. The time for action is upon us.

Will Nunley @willnunley · 3m

D.A.: We want to make sure that no one 'escapes the net'. #Hollybobo

Will Nunley @willnunley · 3m

D.A.: We think their is someone else out there that we need to get a hold of. #HollyBobo #Developing

Will Nunley @willnunley · 2m

"We love you Karen, Clint, Dana" an audience member remarks as the family departs.

Will Nunley @willnunley · 1m

D.A.: It is time to do our jobs. We will see that justice is provided to this family.

(I'm sure this has already been mentioned---you guys remember in Gabrielle Swainson's case, the place where she was eventually located was a location they had searched before).

Hmmm...good enough reason to me for a search to be conducted there. They should have been all over it. If not, why not?

I think they believed they might have passed through that area on the way to somewhere else. They were still thinking Holly was alive at that time.

They probably had other reasons for thinking she was somewhere else, such as the ZA property. Why that area wasn't searched again is mysterious, but it doesn't look like an easy area to find anything.

Hmmm...good enough reason to me for a search to be conducted there. They should have been all over it. If not, why not?

SS, they found a guy out of Tennessee right above my house, here in Kentucky. I had ridden that trail numerous times on my ATV. I never seen a thing. You would have to see the vegetation to believe it.

To the uninitiated: there are probably hundreds of thousands of acres of forest and farmland within mid-TN. Most of the area is semi-rural if not outright rural. It's literally like finding a needle in a haystack to discover one person's remains in an area that size. To say nothing of the fact that we have a lot of rivers, ponds and streams you'd have to drain to do a completely thorough search.

(Holly was such a STUNNINGLY GORGEOUS girl. She was really, really beautiful.)

(Those $%^&s. Makes me so angry!)

To the uninitiated: there are probably hundreds of thousands of acres of forest and farmland within mid-TN. Most of the area is semi-rural if not outright rural. It's literally like finding a needle in a haystack to discover one person's remains in an area that size. To say nothing of the fact that we have a lot of rivers, ponds and streams you'd have to drain to do a completely thorough search.
Being from OK I get it, but when you have pings immediately following an abduction...it does narrow the search field and in spite of the rough terrain it should have been literally scoured. If the planes couldn't see under the canopy of trees, boots should have been on the ground in that particular area leaving no stone unturned.

Another issue you get into near Nashville is, three interstates intersect in the area (65, 24, 40). You hear about people being abducted and then driven out of state fairly often. Also, since TN is only a couple hours' drive north to south, you're also having to coordinate with Kentucky and Alabama. (Eastern TN is a whole other ball of wax with big hills approaching mountains… although speaking of which, I'm mighty glad to see they have the Body Farm people on the case.)

[xpost with SS] Yeah, I hear you. My own sense is just that you had people who really were thinking she was likely still alive at that point and not sure how much weight to give to that particular area (since her phone pinged elsewhere also.)

JB at Jackson Sun:

Jordan Buie @JordanBuie · 23m

Bobo family present at press conference #HollyBobo

BxHA_DSIUAArqCj.jpg

Another issue you get into near Nashville is, three interstates intersect in the area (65, 24, 40). You hear about people being abducted and then driven out of state fairly often. Also, since TN is only a couple hours' drive north to south, you're also having to coordinate with Kentucky and Alabama. (Eastern TN is a whole other ball of wax with big hills approaching mountains… although speaking of which, I'm mighty glad to see they have the Body Farm people on the case.)

[xpost with SS] Yeah, I hear you. My own sense is just that you had people who really were thinking she was likely still alive at that point and not sure how much weight to give to that particular area (since her phone pinged elsewhere also.)

I would love to see Dr. Vass involved in this. He know's dead body's.

Sorry Holly. :(

JB at Jackson Sun:

Jordan Buie @JordanBuie · 14m

DA Matt Stowe: We still think there is someone else out there we need to get ahold of." #HollyBobo

Jordan Buie @JordanBuie · 12m

DA Matt Stowe: I came in prepared to try a murder case with no body. Now, I have a body, it's going to be much easier. #HollyBobo

The DA also stated, that there will not be anymore communication with media UNLESS there is something important that needs to be addressed, then he said the "Time for Talking is over, We need to do our jobs." Taking the time to talk to media takes away from their investigation.

Very understandable in my opinion.

Are we going to stay here and talk, or go back over to Holly's Missing, which needs to be updated thread to Found Deceased, arrests made, waiting on trials thread. Trying not to be disrespectful, just wondering :thinking:

Of course my dang computer decided to start cooperating as they were walking out at the end of the press conference.

The family's statement had me in tears.

Oh I cannot wait for the day that those who did this pay. I am so thankful when the ball went into motion months ago that it continued rolling and brought us to this point today. I cannot express how much of a miracle I believe it is that those people searching for ginseng happened upon her, and though they only set out to find ginseng what they stumbled upon and have given the Bobo family and all of us hoping and praying for Holly is immeasurable. God bless them!

What breaks my heart the most is knowing that those responsible will never understand the magnitude of their heinous acts as I truly believe they must be without souls. To leave this family hurting and hoping for so long is cruel.

The statement from the family was so powerful, I couldn't take my eyes off of them.

Replay TV 5 -->Bobo Family Statement <Video>

http://www.jrn.com/newschannel5/new...Speak-After-Remains-Discovered-274495151.html

Family Statement;

"We&#8217;ve lost a precious daughter, sister, granddaughter, niece, cousin and friend. However, those responsible have lost their souls," Bobo family attorney Steve Farese said on behalf of the family. "Holly&#8217;s soul is the one thing that their brutality could not diminish or extinguish."

Farese added positive confirmation that the remains were, in fact, Holly was difficult for them to hear.

"This has been bittersweet," he said. "They are comforted by the fact that they do have a definitive answer at this point."

As part of the statement, the family asked for privacy to grieve and said, "We will seek justice."

<sniped -read more>

I missed the press conference. :( Is there a replay?

Was there any discussion about how long Holly's phone pinged? Was the phone pinging released before now or is this the first time?

Does anyone know the address of the Adam's property and how far from there was her body found?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Glitterbag
Back