Holly Bobo's Remains Have Been Identified

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Who is the other missing person? Male/ female? Can't gender be determined from a skull?

Hi everyone!

Several pics from the scene as media is waiting for the TBI to show up:

https://twitter.com/chrisconte/status/509022643572715520

If you scroll to the right on the pictures the very last one shows 2 grey cars with hatchbacks up, and in the background there may be crime tape past the 2 cars in what looks like maybe a creek going under the road with maybe a culvert pipe. Its either crime tape or just warning tape for road construction going across that road. Its hard to tell.

There does appear to be a creek of some sort near the yellow tape because if you look to the right it seems the ground drops off near that tape. To me, it looks like a creekbed right near the tape and maybe the creek runs under the road with a culvert pipe.

Im not sure if there is any significance to this particular picture but it has me thinking this maybe close to where the skull was found. Especially if that yellow tape is crime tape.

Who is the other missing person? Male/ female? Can't gender be determined from a skull?

Hi everyone!
Female Kristie Moon Gender can be determined from a skull male skulls have brow ridges female skulls do not. In my opinion this was a recent bodydump because of the bones found,other evidence unspecified found and the skull.:fence:

From the link above I just posted.

"I don't know what to think," he said. They've searched back there so many times (for Holly Bobo,) and there just finding this, now?"

If you scroll to the right on the pictures the very last one shows 2 grey cars with hatchbacks up, and in the background there may be crime tape past the 2 cars in what looks like maybe a creek going under the road with maybe a culvert pipe. Its either crime tape or just warning tape for road construction going across that road. Its hard to tell.

There does appear to be a creek of some sort near the yellow tape because if you look to the right it seems the ground drops off near that tape. To me, it looks like a creekbed right near the tape and maybe the creek runs under the road with a culvert pipe.

Im not sure if there is any significance to this particular picture but it has me thinking this maybe close to where the skull was found. Especially if that yellow tape is crime tape.

I think this is a better overview pic of what you are saying. It just looks like a pipe just laying there to me.
http://t.co/SY90YNXGAS

Other images:

Closer view of area where human skull was found today. Highway 40 within view. Search is over for tonight #HollyBobo pic.twitter.com/geCptmO598

I'm a firm believer that all missing/murdered victims want to be revealed, and will guide those who will listen..

I'm with you there. I also believe that the perpetators of these crimes ALSO want to be revealed, and will ALSO guide those who will listen.

Man talks with Sun about human remains found on his family's property

eta better link with story

http://www.jacksonsun.com/story/news/local/2014/09/08/property-owner-perplexed/15299615/

eta

Jordan Buie ‏@JordanBuie · 31m
#HollyBobo Forensic Anthropologists from UT Knoxville are supposed to arrive in Decatur County tomorrow. Sheriff said

There is a picture in this link that shows whats behind those 2 grey cars. Pic under the video. This confirms that the tape is crime tape that is just blocking off access to get further back in there. When you look further past the 2 cars, you will see a fence that appears to be surrounding a gas pipe line or water pipe line or some other utility service equipment. You can see the pipe come up out of the ground and make a 90 degree bend.

I wonder if the skull was found within that fenced enclosure or if it was outside of the fenced in area.
You can click in lower right corner of that pic and it expands the picture.

Wonder what is being surrounded by that fence.

Tubbs and Hill said there are logging roads that connect to Bible Hill Road and other roads that lead all the way south to where Bobo lived on Swan Johnson Road.

http://www.jacksonsun.com/story/news/local/2014/09/08/property-owner-perplexed/15299615/

Thanks everyone for all the great links.

It does make you wonder if ATVs could have been involved in either her kidnapping and/or her disposal since logging roads can be rough.

Ive been mainly trying to hone in on precicely where the skull was found. The best guess I have right now is that road that goes past those 2 grey cars probably continues further back past that fenced in pipeline area. Because one of the links, there was this statement:

"The skull, Byrd said, was found about 300 to 400 yards from the main road."

So, if the main road he was referring to was the road adjacent to where the 2 grey cars were parked, then that means this other dirt road that has the crime tape on it goes much further back. If we were to follow it 300-400 yards back past the fenced in pipeline area, that would be about the spot where skull was found.

Im gonna try to use google maps now to see if I can find that exact dirt road somehow. The one with the crime tape.

So I thought I would look up Ginseng and where to find it:

Ginseng thrives on northern and eastward-facing slopes and in areas that are at least 70 percent shaded by a natural forest canopy; this plant grows from soil supplemented by the nutrients of fallen, decaying leaves.

Read more : http://www.ehow.com/about_5375142_ginseng-plant-identification.html

So it would seem to me, that finding the skull would be off the road, in a very shady part of the hardwoods.

Here is an image of someone digging for ginseng in the woods, other images show the dry dead leaves, like a canvas covering the forest floor.
http://simpsonr247.jalbum.net/Ginseng Hunting In Tennessee/slides/100_1185.jpg-d.html

I could see, why, finding a skull or any remains would be difficult in these type of woods.

I found the logging mill or Tubb's place. Google 204 Country Corner Road, Holladay TN. You can see a dirt road behind the place.

I think this is a better overview pic of what you are saying. It just looks like a pipe just laying there to me.
http://t.co/SY90YNXGAS

Yeah, i think I finally realized that the 2 grey cars and the crime tape was just blocking off access so people would not drive further back on that road to where the skull was actually found.

noticed this in the linked article. Makes me wonder if a particular suspect's phone records will show pings off that very near phone tower at any point after Holly's abduction and prior to this skull being located. Going to be a tough wait for ID. But til then, I am feeling pretty sure this is likely Holly.

ETA also causing me to wonder whether main suspect's cell records show him pinging off towers in areas other items of Holly's were located. And if so, what other towers was the phone pinging off of around that time period. If remains are scattered purposefully and not due to predation, cell pings could be a big indicator or other search locations.

noticed this in the linked article. Makes me wonder if a particular suspect's phone records will show pings off that very near phone tower at any point after Holly's abduction and prior to this skull being located. Going to be a tough wait for ID. But til then, I am feeling pretty sure this is likely Holly.

It's going to definitely be a tough wait. I might need to lean on you all if this is identified as Holly!

The road where the skull was found is at that tower, right? A little further west from where the blue line ends on the map a WSer posted. To me the entrance to that tower area just off the main road is what looks the most like the aerial view of the news crew.

Hill said he knew little about what would happen next, other than the facts already reported, that sometime early Sunday hunters looking for ginseng came across a skull and other, apparently human, skeletal remains.

Hill looked back into the maze of logging woods where the hunters found the bones. "This leads to logging woods that go all over the place back in there," he said.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Txwoman
Back