Hope Sykes arrested 1/20/2010

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I just threw up in my mouth....back to your regularly scheduled programming. Ron was the adult in the relationship and Misty was a child when it began...wonder how Mizz Nance and her cell phone # would spin that?
Ron could call her from jail (I wonder if she bought minutes) and ask her to be a character witness at his trial. lol

Well according to TN Ron was led astray by Misty so he might qualify for the youthful offender program as he was pressured into drug dealing by Misty. I would love to hear Nancy spin this.

:floorlaugh: :laughbig:

I think LE and the SA office is so fed up with Misty that they will fight to get her the maximum sentence for her charges.

Oh yeah good point! I'm fed up with her so I can't imagine what the people who have to deal with her on a daily basis are going through. :doh:

well Tommy and Misty keep saying they not going to do prison.

Does this mean Hope going to the big girl house?

snip

Breaking News! Ron Cummings' cousin Hope Sykes sentenced to 15 years in prison after being arrested months ago along side Misty Croslin & Ron Cummings after getting caught up in a prescription drug operation resulting in serious felony drug charges! What does she know about Haleigh's disappearance & will it help investigators find the little girl's remains? Nancy Grace has the latest, breaking developments every night at 8 & 10 PM E.T. on HLN!

http://www.cnn.com/CNN/Programs/nancy.grace/

Thread will open just before show time. :)

I wondered the same when I began listening, but as the tape goes on and on she becomes more vile, more hateful, more vicious, and only gets "sweet" as the end when she says "sorry, Mom". Listening to the entire tape probably would have gotten her 30 years.

Vile is a good word to use here, LOL. She got worse as her mother tried to explain what her pleading NOLO really meant.........

This sentence is a toughie. After watching the uc video again and listening to her phone call to Mom again, I think Hope got some bad legal advice pleading no contest.

I wonder if she can appeal? From the video I can't really tell if Misty handed her the pills or if Hope had them. Either way considering the other two in the car at the time, her role was far less than theirs. She wasn't making phone calls to set up the deal Misty was, she wasn't bragging there were Roxies for sale around the corner, Ron was. She didn't say a peep. Perhaps there is video from the backseat that shows her with the pills, but according to Hope she didn't 'have no damn pills'

In her jail call to Mom she seems seriously confused, esepcially when she said I didn't plead no contest my lawyer did.

Well duh! If you aren't even understanding that the lawyer is speaking for you in court well....then that is a problem.

Don't get me wrong I think this is great news to get the ball rolling and Haleigh found once and for all, but seems to me she should have pleaded not guilty and said she was just along for the ride and blamed the other two for the deal.

I wonder if she can use that jailhouse call to show she was not represented properly and misunderstood the sentencing for pleading no contest, if she is claiming she had no pills in her hand, then there IS a contest to the facts the prosecution has presented, and it is in her favour. She could appeal on the grounds of insufficient or ineffective counsel??

That's pretty much along with my same train of thought here.

Imagine the fines they are going to get....

anyone know what happens when they get out and don't pay the fine? Do they go back to jail to work off the fine? Or does time served cover the fine?:waitasec:

IMO Ron is a litle old for the youthful offender program.

IMO If Tommy's case is handled like Hope's he has other drug charges too. I think his parole violation and the gun thing are separate issues. This may all depend what kind of deal he is making - if he is in fact making one.

IMO Misty has more charges against her so she should get more than Hope - unless she too is going for the Lets Make a Deal Program.

IMO Ron is a litle old for the youthful offender program.

IMO If Tommy's case is handled like Hope's he has other drug charges too. I think his parole violation and the gun thing are separate issues. This may all depend what kind of deal he is making - if he is in fact making one.

IMO Misty has more charges against her so she should get more than Hope - unless she too is going for the Lets Make a Deal Program.

I am thinking the only Let's Make a Deal that would work is who did what to HaLeigh where and location of remains w/evidentiary proof. Otherwise...they doing the max.

Every plea deal is executed like this
Her lawyer would have had her read the paper out load to her lawyer then initial next to every line and then sign the statement saying she signs it at her free will and completely understands it.
If she did not understand it she could have asked for clarifications.

She most likely didn't understand that she didn't understand, KWIM? LOL. She may have thought she knew it all and dismissed her attorney as being an idiot, kinda like how she treated her mother.

As someone said earlier, to accept her plea, she and the attorney would have gone over the agreement, step by step, and she would have signed it. That plea agreement probably included "no grounds for appeal".

If she didn't understand, it's her fault for not listening and paying attention, instead of copping that attitude of hers that she knew better than anyone else. Sometimes life's lessons are tough.

Ron: May 13th & Misty: June 3rd... IIRC.

I think Misty will be singing on May 14th. Once she sees how much time Ron gets she will be shaking in her flip flops. Least I hope so. JMO

Fines are converted to restitution after you leave prison,
and a condition of parole, you don’t pay you can be found in contempt of court and go back to jail.

anyone know what happens when they get out and don't pay the fine? Do they go back to jail to work off the fine? Or does time served cover the fine?:waitasec:

I know in Mi they will take money sent to you to pay fines. My friend was in jail and iirc if he got more then 50$ in his account a month they would take it twords his fines. Before he could get off parole his fines and parole charges had to be paid. I think it can depend on which state you are in how they do it.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fake_facer_addict
Back