Hope Sykes arrested 1/20/2010

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I wonder if Misty realizes that what went down today is almost certain to go down with her mother and father with their charges? LE has this girl right where they want her.

IMO, something's going to happen soon.

-------------------------------------------------
I'm sorry,O/T. at the rate these families are going they will be able to hold a family reunion.:Banane11::Banane53::xena_banana::Banane08::Banane36:

Maybe I'm old fashioned, but WHO talked to their mother like that?

It's so disrespectful! Forget soap, she should have her mouth washed out with a pressure washer!

JMO

Now that is very funny! :floorlaugh:

Go on about Ron like how???:waitasec:

Isn't she his cousin?

Yes, she is, and that's why is was sooooo creepy. Listen to the tape, it very close to the beginning. Her mom gets on the phone, they talk slightly, then she gushes like a girl in love with an idol. Especially creepy because they are cousins and she is younger than RC.

You know this is truly sad. To think, had the state of Florida punished Ronald more harshly in the past, instead of simply slaps on the wrists - if even that -perhaps Hope wouldn't have been subjected, from the time that she was a child, to this patheticly poor example - I have no doubt that Ronald bragged mightily about all the crimes he got away with. I can just see her as a nine or ten-year old child looking up (ughhh), with stars in her eyes at her big (adult) cousin thinking how he was so untouchable and how she wanted to grow up to be untouchable too. And as difficult as it would be/is to combat that type of example, her mother didn't even seem to try.

The older adults in this family have either allowed or helped put Ron on this pedestal IMO. Perhaps today, had Ronald been held accountable by the state, an 18-year-old girl wouldn't lose the next 15-years of her life, likewise, her child (if true that she has a child) wouldn't have lost having her Mommy in her life for the next 15-years. But then, when it comes to losses as a result of all of this, I cannot help but think about HaLeigh and how, had Ronald's past crimes been taken seriously by the adults in his life and the state of Florida, HaLeigh would be here today.

Who knows - maybe Hope would be getting ready to start her first year of college to become a physical therapist and Misty, having graduated, would be looking forward to working at a local daycare center this summer and thinking about working with special-needs children down the road. I hope the state of Florida (and every other state where the shoe fits...) is getting an accurate count of the losses... JMHO ~

Per Raisincharlie: "I can't find it in me to feel bad for her as I firmly believe this lifestyle is directly related to Haleigh being missing. For that, I can find no mercy."
... and to further add; society (and perhaps the good Lord above) is not going to afford the opportunity to allow another child to suffer as a result of drugs and careless mistakes by their caregivers - thank God Hope has no children ... Hopefully, this cycle of negligence and abuse has finally ended in this generation of this family! HaLeigh MAY have stood a chance in life - had this same sentence been given to her father on his prior convictions. JMO

nomoresorrow - we were thinking the same thing here at the same time! per your post; (if true that she has a child) - I didn't know she had a child, does she?

For those who might be wrestling with feelings of pity for Hope, maybe this will help you put it in perspective. Fifteen years greatly increases the likelihood that one less child will be born to another drug addicted and drug dealing mother. One less innocent will suffer the neglect and abuse that befalls so many little ones born into that lifestyle. That thought cinched it for me.

While I have my views, as expressed in my previous post, I do not feel Hope should have walked, or even have received a light sentence. I agree with everything you've stated in your post. What I do struggle with is the effect that Ronald's influence has had in these young girl's lifes - just another reason why I do not agree with adult males hanging out with teenage females. But of course that's why the "Ronald's" of the world seek them out specifically - easily gained adoration... JMHO ~

nomoresorrow - we were thinking the same thing here at the same time! per your post; (if true that she has a child) - I didn't know she had a child, does she?

I'm not sure. I thought I'd seen a pic of her with two children on her myspace page (profile page) but I've looked at so many MS pages in this case, I can't recall now if it was her or someone else... :crazy: Maybe somebody else can confirm or deny. Sorry ~

Per Raisincharlie: "I can't find it in me to feel bad for her as I firmly believe this lifestyle is directly related to Haleigh being missing. For that, I can find no mercy."
... and to further add; society (and perhaps the good Lord above) is not going to afford the opportunity to allow another child to suffer as a result of drugs and careless mistakes by their caregivers - thank God Hope has no children ... Hopefully, this cycle of negligence and abuse has finally ended in this generation of this family! HaLeigh MAY have stood a chance in life - had this same sentence been given to her father on his prior convictions. JMO

Amen! It's gotta start somewhere and, although I've expressed my feelings about the lack of punishment against Ronald in the past, maybe Florida is drawing the line in the sand now. They can't go back (unfortunately) and change what was done wrong, or not done at all, but they can start doing something now, and doing it right. JMHO ~

While I have my views, as expressed in my previous post, but I do not feel Hope should have walked, or even have received a light sentence. I agree with everything you've stated in your post. What I do struggle with is the effect that Ronald's influence has had in these young girl's lifes - just another reason why I do not agree with adult males hanging out with teenage females. But of course that's why the "Ronald's" of the world seek them out specifically - easily gained adoration... JMHO ~
I'm conscious of that, as well, nomoresorrow. Both Hope and Misty were dealt a bad hand early on, and their lives had run amok. Had it not been Ronald it would have been another smooth-talking "unusual person". It has to stop somewhere.

(BBM)
I'm conscious of that, as well, nomoresorrow. Both Hope and Misty were dealt a bad hand early on, and their lives had run amok. Had it not been Ronald it would have been another smooth-talking "unusual person". It has to stop somewhere.

It sure does, if there's to be any hope for the next generation in these families!

MOO ~

March 3, 2005 NOLO on posession of Cannibis in excess of 20 grams
Plea accepted and adjudication of Guilt withheld.

March 10, 2006 NOLO on trespass

December 18, 2007 Pocession of Modern firearm during muzzle loading season.

I'm not even going prior to 2005 to search. I'm also not going to even cover the dismissed charges either because my blood pressure is going up. I'm just confused as to why Hope had a possession charge and now she is going to serve 15 years with a NOLO. I'm just saying: Ron is going to get either a laughable light sentence (he's a grieving father, yeah right) or his charges will be dismissed or he will get probation. I just have a feeling on this one.

Put his name in at this site. http://www.sarasotaclerk.com/default.asp?Page=49 Seems Ron just cleared up a pesky little no drivers license problem from 11/19/1999 with a hired attorney and had 4 drug charges dropped/abandoned thanks to a public defender in 2005. Maybe someone who know the law can explain this? He was caught with morphine!

Do we know who the HG guy is who is in the Jacksonville photo gallery and testified in the hearing?

http://www.palatkadailynews.com/articles/2010/02/22/news/news0350.tnv

This is the undercover video of RC, MC and Hope in the car doing their drug deal. If you watch the video it appears that it is Hope that hands the pills off to Ronald when they get back in the car. Hope also makes a comment about counting the pills out herself when they got them from the other person. While we do not see the backseat video that the lawyers told Hope and her mother existed, I would be willing to be that it does indeed show Hope with the pills regardless of what she said to her mother.

For her to tell her mother that there were NO PILLS, is Bull IMO. I have no pity for this young woman. This was not her first offense, nor was it her first time pleading no contest so she undoubtedly knows exactly what it means. If she truly wanted to straighten out her life like she claimed in court then she should have done that the first time she got caught. Saying that on her 5th trip around the track makes it sound very hollow and insincere. She should thank her lucky stars that she got the mandatory minimum 15 years instead of the 30 she could have gotten IMO.

It sounds like a child, denying it all to her mom... as if mom is still the one whose opinion counts the most like it did when she was six. Unfortunately it's the judge now.

What does PSI stand for?...TIA

I'm guessing (have not read past this point yet, so if already answered, I'm sorry) it's probably refering to the pre-sentencing investigation.

She thinks her sentence is bad? lol

So Misty was 18 when she was arrested for the drugs, but if that arrest is her first time getting in trouble wouldn't that have something to do with her sentencing? I mean could she be sentenced for the same amount of time as RC?

Bold is mine-

IMO- For these kinds of charges? Yep. Anything else, probably not.. but we are in the middle of a "war on drugs". They do not mess around with drug traffickers- these are major charges. These people are not going to be walking out of that jail any time soon regardless of their age or arrest record.. they have ruined their lives.

Not for drug trafficking. In Florida, it's the full sentence, nothing less.

Thank you for this!
I found the statute regarding no gain time on a mandatory minimum.
Was not aware of that, though it makes sense when you think about it.
When they say minimum sentence they mean it.
From what I found this applies to all mandatory minimum sentencing in the state, not just trafficking?

Thanks again!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jenduhhhhh
Back