Hope Sykes arrested 1/20/2010

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
You mean Hope, dontcha Debs?

To my knowledge, Tommy's video has never been released.

You mean Hope, dontcha Debs?

To my knowledge, Tommy's video has never been released.

No, I mean Donna. Donna is on camera passing up a brown bag to Ron (or Misty.....but I think it was Ron). It's here somewhere.

Hope's video.....she's just sitting in the back, with Ron. Misty's in front yammering and Ron's using sign language to convey to Hope how much he thinks the pills are worth versus what he paid for 'em.

No, I mean Donna. Donna is on camera passing up a brown bag to Ron (or Misty.....but I think it was Ron). It's here somewhere.

Hope's video.....she's just sitting in the back, with Ron. Misty's in front yammering and Ron's using sign language to convey to Hope how much he thinks the pills are worth versus what he paid for 'em.

The tape with Donna and Misty is at a gas station....

In the tape linked upthread, Misty and Hope get out of the car to make a buy. Ron hops in the front seat. When the girls get back in, Hope hands the drugs to Ron...who is still up front.

I didn't watch the Donna video, but Ron wasn't involved in that deal.

Hope has to serve a mandatory 12 years.

http://palatkadailynews.com/articles/2010/04/28/news/news01.txt

Hope Sykes sentenced for her part in drug transaction

By Kristin Chambers
Published: Wednesday, April 28, 2010 2:20 AM EDT
Hope Sykes, a relative of Haleigh Cummings, was sentenced to 15 years behind bars Tuesday morning for one count of drug trafficking.

Sykes must serve a mandatory 12 years in prison before she is eligible for parole. She was also fined $250,000.
Haleigh Cummings was reported missing from her Satsuma home by Croslin at 3:27 a.m. on Feb. 10, and despite massive searches, no sign of her has been found.

Investigators called the case a homicide nearly two weeks ago following a three-day search below the murky waters of the St. Johns River in Satsuma. Sheriff Jeff Hardy said no bodily remains of Haleigh were found in the search. Several items were sent to independent labs for analysis.

Investigators have said the drug trafficking case is not related to Haleigh's disappearance.

kchambers@palatkadailynews.com

The tape with Donna and Misty is at a gas station....

In the tape linked upthread, Misty and Hope get out of the car to make a buy. Ron hops in the front seat. When the girls get back in, Hope hands the drugs to Ron...who is still up front.

Isn't Misty and Donna at the gas station the road rage incident? I'm getting confused! :waitasec:

BBM...IIRC, it was Misty...JMO

Isn't Misty and Donna at the gas station the road rage incident? I'm getting confused! :waitasec:

No....IIRC, they were on their way home from wherever Donna lived and met the undercover guy at a gas station on the interstate. He gave Misty a ride home from there. I hope I'm not remembering this wrong! :waitasec:

No....IIRC, they were on their way home from wherever Donna lived and met the undercover guy at a gas station on the interstate. He gave Misty a ride home from there. I hope I'm not remembering this wrong! :waitasec:

Okay, yeah, that rings accurate. Did you see the video? I've been googling for it and all I'm coming up with is jailhouse audio for Donna.

I think Tommy's arrest was based on fewer pills being sold. If Hope has to serve a minimum of 12 years, that means Tommy would have to serve 28.8 months. (4/5 of his sentence, based on Hope's case) With time already served, he would be in for roughly 2 years. Now, if he gave LE some valuable info, he could have a sweetheart deal. I don't think they would offer him any real deal unless he absolutely had nothing to do with Haleigh's disappearance. Could they offer him a deal in the drugs, and then turn around and charge him as an accomplice? I doubt his attorney would let him do anything that stupid. I guess it all depends on his other charges.

:waitasec: The judge took into consideration the charges from Jan 3rd's arrest in his ruling. Here is my question. She was not sentanced yet on those charges, she has not yet been convicted. Or has she? Anyone know? Would this not make the Jan 3rd charges mute for her sentencing for the recent drug charge?

I believe she did a no contest plea on the 1-3-10 charges and was just awaiting sentencing? If that is accurate, then yes they can weigh it as heavily as they would a conviction when looking at priors.

Chris Kelly, a spokesman for the 7th Circuit State Attorney's Office, said prosecutors had no comment on Sykes' sentence because of the pending cases against the others.

Kelly added he is not aware of any negotiations on plea agreements for the other defendants.

http://www.ocala.com/article/20100428/ARTICLES/4281004/1402/NEWS?p=2&tc=pg

BBM.

I don't see any other option but a plea for the others, they can't refute the tape. They surely can't say they weren't there and didn't do it. The only thing, I can see, the defense atty trying to argue is entrapment. I don't think any such argument will work, as these are not people that were coerced to engage in drug activity. Ron had a network of prescription suppliers in the area which proves this didn't start when the UC arrived. That with their history of drug use will sink any entrapment claims by the defense, IMO.

Why isn't there any tape, news video of the court proceeding yesterday...if anyone knows. NG had some coverage, so someone had a camera in the court room. This is so frustrating. All over Florida we see other court proceedings, but nothing in this case.

While I have my views, as expressed in my previous post, I do not feel Hope should have walked, or even have received a light sentence. I agree with everything you've stated in your post. What I do struggle with is the effect that Ronald's influence has had in these young girl's lifes - just another reason why I do not agree with adult males hanging out with teenage females. But of course that's why the "Ronald's" of the world seek them out specifically - easily gained adoration... JMHO ~

One of the things that gets me in Hope's sentencing is the Judge's own words. The Judge said that Hope did not qualify for the youthful offender program because that was reserved for those who were led astray or pressured by the peers.

IMO, that is exactly what happened to Hope. She was led astray and probably even pressured by the cousin she adored.

Don't get me wrong, I am in no way saying she is innocent. Just that IMO she needs to be in a long term drug rehab program and given one chance at rehab before looking at years in prison.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unnamedTV
Back