Hope Sykes arrested 1/20/2010

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
One of the things that gets me in Hope's sentencing is the Judge's own words. The Judge said that Hope did not qualify for the youthful offender program because that was reserved for those who were led astray or pressured by the peers.

IMO, that is exactly what happened to Hope. She was led astray and probably even pressured by the cousin she adored.

Don't get me wrong, I am in no way saying she is innocent. Just that IMO she needs to be in a long term drug rehab program and given one chance at rehab before looking at years in prison.

Hope had choices to make, like every other person in the world. One suggests that, after giving her two chances prior to this arrest to get her life straight, she still chose to screw it up and go along on a drug deal. Hope made choices, albeit the wrong ones. Don't blame her peers. Hope was doing what Hope liked to do. At some point, we all have to stand in front of someone and have the consequences of our actions given to us in a way that means we can no longer avoid them.

Hope had 2 charges? I didn't know that.

At approximately 2312 hours, Det.. arrived in Welaka on C.R.309 and found Misty Cummings, Ronald
Cummings and Hope Sikes walking north. Det.. stopped his vehicle and all three subjects got in. M.
Cummings entered the front passenger seat, R. Cumming entered the rear passenger seat and Hope Sikes
entered the rear driver's side seat. R. Cummings then directed Det.. to drive down Oak Street and stop in the
area of Second Avenue. Det.• then purchased (9) Hydrocodone pills (approximately 6.0 grams) from M.
Cummings and R. Cummings for $65.00. After the purchase was complete M. Cummings, R. Cummings and
Hope Sikes exited the vehicle and left the area on foot.

http://download.gannett.edgesuite.net/wtlv/docs/2010-336.pdf

A short time later the UC returned to the area where the UC dropped M. Cummings and
H. Sykes. M. Cummings and Sykes were walking down the roadway and the UC stopped the vehicle. M.
Cummings got into the right rear passenger's seat, H. Sykes got into the left rear passenger's and the UC
departed from the area. M. Cummings gave R. Cummings the pills that UC then received. The pills purchased
are (25) Hydrocodone pills (approximately 16.2 grams) purchased from M. Cummings, R. Cummings and Hope
Sykes for $190.00. After the purchase was complete M. Cummings, R. Cummings and Hope Sykes exited the
vehicle and left the area in a white Chevy truck.

http://download.gannett.edgesuite.net/wtlv/docs/2010-359.pdf

Hope had choices to make, like every other person in the world. One suggests that, after giving her two chances prior to this arrest to get her life straight, she still chose to screw it up and go along on a drug deal. Hope made choices, albeit the wrong ones. Don't blame her peers. Hope was doing what Hope liked to do. At some point, we all have to stand in front of someone and have the consequences of our actions given to us in a way that means we can no longer avoid them.

Nowhere did I say I blamed Hope's peers instead of Hope for her choices. I was going by the Judge's own words that the youthful offender program was for those who were led astray by their peers. You do not see Hope on her own dealing drugs or making drug deals. Hope is with two olther people, one of whom is her adored older cousin along for a ride.

I have a hard time with a 19 year old getting 15 years without the chance of rehab when I know so many over 40 who have been given chance after chance after chance at court ordered meetings or rehab because they are smart enough to only get caught with small quantities for personal use.

Maybe they dropped one of the charges. On the incident reports it list 2 two different amounts. I'm with you Dr Fessel, I don't know why she was charged at all. Looks like a good lawyer would have been able to get her off.

Suspect Information #3 Suspect Location: At Large
Name: SYKES HOPE ANTWANETTE
Address: 1013 FRONT ST Apt./lot
City.' WELAKA State: FLORIDA Zip: 32193
Place of Employ/School: UNEMPLOYE
Race: WHITE Ethnicity: NOT OF HISPANIC ORIGIN Sex.' Female DOB: 3/24/1991 Age: 18
Height: 5' 7" Weight: 130 Eye Color: BLUE Hair Color: BROWN Hair length: MEDIUM
HairStyle: CURLY/WAVY Complexion: TANNED Voice: NORMAL Facial Hair:
Distinguishing Marks:
Clothing/Description:
Nickname(s):
Aliases:
Charges:
#1 TRAFFICKING IN ILLEGAL DRUGS / 14+ GMS < 28 GMS OF HYDROCODONE
Jail Booking # N/A OBTS No. Juvenile: Yes Miranda Warnings Given: No

Suspect Information #3 Suspect Location: At Large
Name: SYKES HOPE ANTWANETTE
Address; 1013 FRONT ST Apt.lLot #: Home Phone #
City: WELAKA State: FLORIDA Zip: 32193 Bus. Phone # Ext.
Place of Employ /School: UNEMPLOYED
Race; WHITE Ethnicity: NOT OF HISPANIC ORIGIN Sex: Female DOB: 3/24/1991 Age: 17
Height: 5' 7" Weight: 130 Eye Color: BLUE HairColor: BROWN Hair length: MEDIUM
HairStyle: CURLYIWAVY Complexion: TANNED Voice: NORMAL FacialHair:
Distinguishing Marks:
Clothing/Description:
Nickname/s):
Aliases:
Charges:
ill TRAFFICKING IN ILLEGAL DRUGS / 4+ GMS < 14GMS OF HYDROCODONE
Jail Booking # N/A OBTS No. Juvenile: Yes Miranda Warnings Given: No

Hope had 2 charges? I didn't know that.

At approximately 2312 hours, Det.. arrived in Welaka on C.R.309 and found Misty Cummings, Ronald
Cummings and Hope Sikes walking north. Det.. stopped his vehicle and all three subjects got in. M.
Cummings entered the front passenger seat, R. Cumming entered the rear passenger seat and Hope Sikes
entered the rear driver's side seat. R. Cummings then directed Det.. to drive down Oak Street and stop in the
area of Second Avenue. Det.• then purchased (9) Hydrocodone pills (approximately 6.0 grams) from M.
Cummings and R. Cummings for $65.00. After the purchase was complete M. Cummings, R. Cummings and
Hope Sikes exited the vehicle and left the area on foot.

http://download.gannett.edgesuite.net/wtlv/docs/2010-336.pdf

A short time later the UC returned to the area where the UC dropped M. Cummings and
H. Sykes. M. Cummings and Sykes were walking down the roadway and the UC stopped the vehicle. M.
Cummings got into the right rear passenger's seat, H. Sykes got into the left rear passenger's and the UC
departed from the area. M. Cummings gave R. Cummings the pills that UC then received. The pills purchased
are (25) Hydrocodone pills (approximately 16.2 grams) purchased from M. Cummings, R. Cummings and Hope
Sykes for $190.00. After the purchase was complete M. Cummings, R. Cummings and Hope Sykes exited the
vehicle and left the area in a white Chevy truck.

http://download.gannett.edgesuite.net/wtlv/docs/2010-359.pdf

That is crazy. They did this for $255.00? Or were they trafficking to support their habits? I never dreamed the amount of money was so small.

They definitely weren't in it to make enough money for a Swiss bank account! My guess would be to look as though they had "good connections" and to get some free drugs on the side.

Everybody but me probably knew this, but Hope had a retail theft charge in June, and a possession of Marijuana with intent to sell, in the same month. Since she was doing this in June, I can see why the judge didn't think anybody was leading her astray.

They definitely weren't in it to make enough money for a Swiss bank account! My guess would be to look as though they had "good connections" and to get some free drugs on the side.

I'm just thinking how little money is involved in ruining so many lives. Never having bought illegal drugs, I just assumed you paid an enormous amount for even 1 pill. Apparently I'm more naive about drugs than I thought I was.

One of the things that gets me in Hope's sentencing is the Judge's own words. The Judge said that Hope did not qualify for the youthful offender program because that was reserved for those who were led astray or pressured by the peers.

IMO, that is exactly what happened to Hope. She was led astray and probably even pressured by the cousin she adored.

Don't get me wrong, I am in no way saying she is innocent. Just that IMO she needs to be in a long term drug rehab program and given one chance at rehab before looking at years in prison.
maybe the judge didn't feel that Hope was led astray by her peers, because in his eyes, Ron is too old to be considered a peer? Wouldn't that be ironic?

I'm just thinking how little money is involved in ruining so many lives. Never having bought illegal drugs, I just assumed you paid an enormous amount for even 1 pill. Apparently I'm more naive about drugs than I thought I was.

It depends on what "level" you are in the deal. These guys were probably just doing it to get free drugs. That's my guess.

Nowhere did I say I blamed Hope's peers instead of Hope for her choices. I was going by the Judge's own words that the youthful offender program was for those who were led astray by their peers. You do not see Hope on her own dealing drugs or making drug deals. Hope is with two olther people, one of whom is her adored older cousin along for a ride.

I have a hard time with a 19 year old getting 15 years without the chance of rehab when I know so many over 40 who have been given chance after chance after chance at court ordered meetings or rehab because they are smart enough to only get caught with small quantities for personal use.

I have a relative who's a user, and he isn't "smart" enough to only get caught with small quantities for personal use. He only needs, and can afford, small quantities for his own use, and his use has destroyed his life. There is a big difference between a user and a seller IMO.

I've had 24 hours to think about Hope's sentence. At first I felt sorry for her, but after a lot of thought, I no longer have any sympathy. Someone needs to be firm and show these people/sellers, young or old, that they WILL be punished. I'm giving more thought to the lives these DRUG DEALERS are destroying than I am to the DEALERS. Throw them all in jail for at least 15 years.

My opinion only

That is crazy. They did this for $255.00? Or were they trafficking to support their habits? I never dreamed the amount of money was so small.
I see what you mean. But, the undercover deals are the ones we know about because this cast of characters were arrested and charged. There are videos.
What about the possibilites of drug deals with other people who were not undercover. Deals, done in secret, that we will probably never know about.
The $255 is only the deal we have proof they did. I bet there were more.

The transactions on January 12th and 13th were two of seven which occurred between Dec. 22nd and Jan. 20th. The first six transactions involved Misty, et al selling drugs to the UC. The drugs were obtained by a variety of sources, presumably friends and acquaintances, possibly relatives. If the UC was fishing to find out if they had a big supplier, he quickly learned that they did not. They clearly had to scramble for the few pills they did sell to him.

The tables turned on Jan. 20th, the day of the bust. To my knowledge, the incident report has not been released to the public, but we do know from the videos that the UC supplied 200 pills to M&R which they intended to sell for him. Had the scheme carried through, the take would've been larger than in the previous incidents.

Just speculating, of course, but I believe in the first transactions (involving Ron), they were dancing around each other and establishing trust. The long term plan, in R&M's minds, would've involved a larger scale and more lucrative operation. I also think it's likely that Ron shared his delusions of grandeur with Hope, and because she idolized big cousin Ron, the foolish girl quickly jumped on board.

http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/topstories/news-article.aspx?storyid=151021&catid=3

ETA: added link to arrest reports

But Misty hasn't ever been arrested before - or has she? Her juvenile records would be sealed....:waitasec:

Or would juvenile records come into play? Are they not counted when arrested as an adult? I have no idea about the law on these things.

Juvenile records are usually sealed after the person turns 18 and can't be used against an adult.

I know they take into consideration if the person has been into trouble with the law before when sentencing. I wonder if Brook had been into trouble before? If I were Misty, and Ron I would be scared to death!

I don't even consider these penny ante transactions drug dealing in any sense of the word. Its quite laughable to me. Many child molesters get less of a sentence and to me that is a huge deal.

But back to the thread. If this is any indication I fully expect all of them to receive the maximum sentence.

jmho

..ita

It depends on what "level" you are in the deal. These guys were probably just doing it to get free drugs. That's my guess.

It's what most pill heads do- sell pills for more pills or for money for food or whatever cuz all their money was spent on pills. A pill head will never get rich selling pills and IMO only pill heads will sell their pills. I still firmly believe Hank Sr was their main supplier.

I see what you mean. But, the undercover deals are the ones we know about because this cast of characters were arrested and charged. There are videos.
What about the possibilites of drug deals with other people who were not undercover. Deals, done in secret, that we will probably never know about.
The $255 is only the deal we have proof they did. I bet there were more.

I seriously doubt they made any more money than that and that any profits were swallowed, chewed, crushed up and snorted, or shot up so quickly they were back to being broke as he!! and looking for more the very next day.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ouisie
Back