Hope Sykes arrested 1/20/2010

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I was thinking (dangerous I know) ya think that some big time dealer (not the wanna be one either) is really like pissed right now that say...some of the players have loose lips and free style talking when there *advertiser censored** is on the line? Um sometimes people play big time before they figured out the little leauge?
I don't think there is a big time dealer in this, I thought so in the beginning though. I think Ron had some special neighbors that got prescriptions every month and sold him a certain amount. It would be interesting to know who those neighbors are. He stated that the guy with 100 pills would only sell him 50, but that he wished he'd sell him all of them. Who knows how deep this goes ?

Finally got to watch and am left with a question. Why was the supposition made that Hope and Misty were buds when Ron is her cousin and we clearly saw a little bit of hero worship going on during the phone call to her mother. She was gushing over seeing him. Just found that odd. MOO

The crimes aren't exactly comparable, but Hope looks about like and acts like Eileen Wournos. I agree with the expert about being a sociopath. What a mouth, and I'm not even talking about the cussing, just the gangsta ugly mean attitude.

Exactly TXvicki! Yes she looks.walks and talks like one. If anyone is interested---there is a book called "the socipath next door" which I highly recommend in understanding the sociopath. They come in all shapes and sizes and yes I agree, from what I've seen so far---Hope fits well. Sociopath? Definate possibility. Sociopathic tendencies? You betcha sweet bippy. (that includes a few others too in this case).

OMG, I am in tears listening to Mr. Cox (Susan Powell's Father) speak about all the missing ppl and how we all need to keep looking...Oh, I just want to give that beautiful, heart-broken father a big hug!

I started typing my post . . . . only to delete. I'm going to the parking lot.

Finally got to watch and am left with a question. Why was the supposition made that Hope and Misty were buds when Ron is her cousin and we clearly saw a little bit of hero worship going on during the phone call to her mother. She was gushing over seeing him. Just found that odd. MOO
Hi HH. Nancy said that because they were "dealing" together, they were obviously best buddies. She went on to say that based on that logic, Misty probably told Hope something about Haleigh's disappearance. :waitasec:

Then Hope was diagnosed as a deviant sociopath and that's all I know...:sick:

I had a flashback and had to look up what Ron said on his jail tape interview with Dana Treen:

quoting RC: "I'm going to prison, no 'ifs, ands, or buts,'" said Cummings..."this is a setback in my life".

http://www.myfoxorlando.com/dpp/news/crime/012810-ronald-cummings-jailhouse-interview

A setback? I wouldn't call it a setback. I'd call it a lifetime.
Do you think perhaps he meant "set back", as in a place to set back on your bunk and think for the next 30 years?

Dana Treen should give RC another call now that Ron's had a chance to support his cousin in court.

BTW, did anyone read if TN or AS were there today in support of their niece/granddaughter Hope and to say "hey" to RC?

I saw GGMS in court on the News4Jax video, but not TN.

Hi HH. Nancy said that because they were "dealing" together, they were obviously best buddies. She went on to say that based on that logic, Misty probably told Hope something about Haleigh's disappearance. :waitasec:

BBM--who hasn't been diagnosed as a sociopath at one time or another on this show? Must be something in the water down there ;)

You made me giggle when you did the puke sign (hehe sorry but it was funny!) Oy, I don't listen to NG for her opinions, I listen to her guests LOL. (that's going to get moved for sure!).

Not directed at SFT.

FWIW, IMHO all of players sitting in that car when the bust went down were over 18 and they knew what they were doing. I really don't know what the relationship was between RC, MC and Hope but they were druggie buddies IMHO. You know, I tell my kids all the time...it's not how much you break the law, it's the fact you break the law. I also tell them you become who you associate with---IMHO those on that undercover tape are all "thick as thieves"...JMHO. May they all face the full consequences of their actions that day...in that car...with that undercover! :)

Maybe I'm old fashioned, but WHO talked to their mother like that?

It's so disrespectful! Forget soap, she should have her mouth washed out with a pressure washer!

JMO

This whole family and extended family seem to be of some kind of sub-culture with few skills and little available in terms of intelligence. I don't believe I have ever seen something like this.
Haliegh paid for all of them in a way. She would have had a chance if removed from these people.

I don't feel sorry for Hope. How many of her clients have died? How many of her clients killed someone because they were high? How many of her clients abused their own children because they were high?

Hope was caught trafficking which carries a 25 year minimum sentence in Florida. The other offenses were intent or possession-trafficking in Florida is a whole different ball game.

It carries a 15 year minimum or a 25 year minimum depending on the exact drug and the amount in your possession at the time. For the amount Hope was charged with it was a 15 year minimum and could have been twice that amount on the maximum end.

I still don't get why MC would tell Ron's cousin anything about Haleigh's disappearance, but who knows.........:waitasec:

MOO

From panel lawyer said, "she knew what she was getting min. man." So I looked it up~

from Wikipedia: In 1973, New York State introduced mandatory minimum sentences of 15 years to life imprisonment for possession of more than four ounces (112g) of a hard drug.

How can somebody who is 19 y/o be a youthful offender?

The youthful offender program in the state of Florida is not the same as being tried as a juvenile. The youthful offender program is for people under 21 and is used completely at the judge's choice. Basically puts a six year maximum and bootcamp/rehab program in place with strict strict drug testing and probation. All the details are posted in the Hope thread. But basically it give the judge options for young criminals that they think can be rehabbed with some structure in their lives and lets the judge get around mandatory minimums.

No sympathy here folks - it's about time the court issues harsh sentences for these dirty crimes and removes those responsible from society! Obviously, she felt no remorse from her previous arrest (just two weeks prior) and did not learn her lesson, because she was right back out there doing it again! She is a fool IMO - a wise person learns by their mistakes ... a fool never does.

Didn't Ron get his pills from Hank SR? I think I read that on another thread in here somewhere??

O/T for a sec... RC guarantees the informant that his dude gets 50 pills every month...I wanna see that person arrested, too.
He's getting free pills from state, imo, and selling his scripts to RC. That burns me up!!

Ron takes a no contest on some of the non drug charges, I think it was the trespassing and hunting charges. On the drug charge he takes a deferred for treatment and therefor is not convicted for one batch, and is charged but not prosecuted for the ones the looooong list of drugs he was caught with (meth, ghb, cocaine, etc...). What deal he made to get those to not be prosecuted we don't know. But he never actually does a no contest to a serious drug charge.

March 3, 2005 NOLO on posession of Cannibis in excess of 20 grams
Plea accepted and adjudication of Guilt withheld.

March 10, 2006 NOLO on trespass

December 18, 2007 Pocession of Modern firearm during muzzle loading season.

I'm not even going prior to 2005 to search. I'm also not going to even cover the dismissed charges either because my blood pressure is going up. I'm just confused as to why Hope had a possession charge and now she is going to serve 15 years with a NOLO. I'm just saying: Ron is going to get either a laughable light sentence (he's a grieving father, yeah right) or his charges will be dismissed or he will get probation. I just have a feeling on this one.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dmccastor
Back